Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-28 16:40:22

Onjit
Website

Re: Now that I've gone and banned half the forums,

that doesn't make sense?? you came to me for help because the forums were placid and needed excess drama. i made alts for you to ban. i even triggered the cloudflare ddos protection. you gave me five dollar itunes giftcards in return. and now you lie; you lie to protect your own image? these forums were built by raids; molded by it. without me, you are nothing.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#27 2018-09-28 22:19:48

HeyNK

Anak wrote:
HeyNK wrote:

Permabanning people in a community of 50 people? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Why would the community size matter? If people continuously break the rules no matter how many penalties they receive, they shouldn't be in the community. A smaller community with no trouble is arguably better than a larger one full of people who must constantly be supervised and have action taken against them because they don't respect the guidelines and can't be trusted. The former is far more welcoming than the latter.

Except the rules are totally arbitrary lol

Double posting can get you a 1 month ban //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#28 2018-09-28 23:12:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Double posting isn't against the rules and won't get you banned by itself. If you're spamming then yes, you can land yourself with a ban of any length.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#29 2018-09-29 01:30:54

HeyNK

Wait did they fix it? One time I made two posts and then I got banned for a month. But it wasn't spam, it was discussion. I want my month back.

Wooted by:

#30 2018-09-29 01:38:58

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Spam minors are too comon.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#31 2018-09-29 03:10:32

soniiiety

I am happy I don't get banned anymore.

maybe the mods and admins are not as bad as they used to be.

prove me wrong give links n stuff, if you still think they are corrupt??

maybe they don't ban or warn is because else i would start a riot or so I don't know the truth so other people can't know about it??

Wooted by:

#32 2018-09-29 03:12:28

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

soniiiety wrote:

I am happy I don't get banned anymore.

maybe the mods and admins are not as bad as they used to be.

prove me wrong give links n stuff, if you still think they are corrupt??

maybe they don't ban or warn is because else i would start a riot or so I don't know the truth so other people can't know about it??

Or are they...?
©ILikeTofuuJoe 2018
All rights preserved

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#33 2018-09-29 03:22:11

Freckleface

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Spam minors are too comon.

Agreed

F

#34 2018-09-29 17:50:04

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Anak wrote:

Noah fence but like why don't you just permaban people? I'm sure several of them are repeat offenders and it would make it much easier than letting them break the rules as soon as they're unbanned and having to deal with them again and again

Wtf is this suggestion. Are you some kind of Gestapo enthusiast?

Thank god most of the GOOD users are unbanned by now. No worries all you boring people's of the forum, your daily entertainment and only bright lights in life are returning!
Zr2XcsK.png

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#35 2018-09-29 19:04:44

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Anak wrote:

Noah fence but like why don't you just permaban people? I'm sure several of them are repeat offenders and it would make it much easier than letting them break the rules as soon as they're unbanned and having to deal with them again and again

Thank god most of the GOOD users are unbanned by now. No worries all you boring people's of the forum, your daily entertainment and only bright lights in life are returning!
https://i.imgur.com/Zr2XcsK.png

Again, permabanning "bad" people would mean empty forums

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#36 2018-09-29 21:19:31, last edited by daneeko (2018-09-29 21:19:50)

daneeko

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Anak wrote:

can you like not

UzI5nBc.png

#37 2018-09-29 22:00:10

Anak

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Anak wrote:

I'm not surprised you're against it. And permabanning people who continuously cause trouble and break the rules is nothing like yk detaining and murdering Jewish people.

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Again, permabanning "bad" people would mean empty forums

If people are continuously getting banned then the forums are just going to be empty in some respect until they're unbanned. And if they're continuously breaking the rules and getting banned for it then the logical conclusion is to just permaban them so they don't continuously break the rules and don't continuously have to be dealt with. Why keep dealing with a problem when you can just remove it at nobody's expense?
I find the notion that people who break the rules provide "entertainment" to be a load of bull anyways. If your only interest on these forums is to break the rules then you probably shouldn't be here in the first place. As someone with actual moderation experience I can tell you that permabanning people saves time and effort, prevents further trouble, and doesn't detract from people's enjoyment in a community (if anything, it improves it).

#38 2018-09-29 22:39:23

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Anak wrote:

I'm not surprised you're against it. And permabanning people who continuously cause trouble and break the rules is nothing like yk detaining and murdering Jewish people.

Not surprised? Why is that? Also, i didn't specifically say it had anything to do about detaining and murdering Jewish people. When i say "gestapo" it means "authoritarian." I believe it is overly strict and harmful towards the community to issue permabans for the petty offense of making a "Moderator abuse topic" which is what this thread is about, you seem like you are suggesting that repeat offenders who commit minor rule breaking should be permabanned, which i am indeed heavily opposed against, but i would have no problem if the victim in question was for example commiting DDoS attacks or advertising using bots on the forums. They could get permabanned for all i care. You should clarify these sorts of things so you won't be misunderstood.
Oh and the gestapo was the secret police of Nazi Germany and it's occupied territories in case you needed some clarification. It doesn't inherently have anything to do with the "Jews", especially not in this context.

Anak wrote:

If people are continuously getting banned then the forums are just going to be empty in some respect until they're unbanned. And if they're continuously breaking the rules and getting banned for it then the logical conclusion is to just permaban them so they don't continuously break the rules and don't continuously have to be dealt with. Why keep dealing with a problem when you can just remove it at nobody's expense?
I find the notion that people who break the rules provide "entertainment" to be a load of bull anyways. If your only interest on these forums is to break the rules then you probably shouldn't be here in the first place. As someone with actual moderation experience I can tell you that permabanning people saves time and effort, prevents further trouble, and doesn't detract from people's enjoyment in a community (if anything, it improves it).

This is what i am talking about, your comment here gives off the fascist notion that any repeat offenders of both major and minor offenses should be permabanned and removed from the forums i.e, society for the good of the "community".
w0LO7uq.png

Wooted by:

#39 2018-09-29 23:09:29

azurepudding

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No worries all you boring people's of the forum, your daily entertainment and only bright lights in life are returning!

People who don't get banned are boring? lol what

you best be trollin cuz this is ridiculous.

Azure2.png

#40 2018-09-29 23:27:52, last edited by Norwee (2018-09-29 23:39:39)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No worries all you boring people's of the forum, your daily entertainment and only bright lights in life are returning!

You gotta live life on the edge to be exciting. People like HeyNK and Ipwner for example have been some of my favourite people that posted on this forum since there is so much entertainment value to be garnered from their posts, and they got banned all the time. I mean who's going to want to read some "Exceedingly rational and normal" but arrogant UK twit's comments that go

An wrote:

Have you tried going outside maybe?

or

Ak wrote:

Is there a way we can get this banned for spam lol

as compared to the presence of my sheer genius topics that which garners a lot of applause and attention like the entire "I will be experimenting with emoticons." topic or the "An introduction to the EE community. (New players view this)" topic.
We can't let ourselves lose to people like this.
CxVSV4V.png

Wooted by: (3)

#41 2018-09-29 23:49:58

azurepudding

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You gotta live life on the edge to be exciting. People like HeyNK and Ipwner for example have been some of my favourite people that posted on this forum since there is so much entertainment value to be garnered from their posts, and they got banned all the time. I mean who's going to want to read some "Exceedingly rational and normal" but arrogant UK twit's comments that go

An wrote:

Have you tried going outside maybe?

or

Ak wrote:

Is there a way we can get this banned for spam lol

as compared to the presence of my sheer genius topics that which garners a lot of applause and attention like the entire "I will be experimenting with emoticons." topic or the "An introduction to the EE community. (New players view this)" topic.
https://i.imgur.com/CxVSV4V.png

literally what

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#42 2018-10-01 02:58:31

Anak

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not surprised? Why is that?

Your general attitude and demeanor around these forums.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also, i didn't specifically say it had anything to do about detaining and murdering Jewish people. When i say "gestapo" it means "authoritarian."

Next time you should say that instead then.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You seem like you are suggesting that repeat offenders who commit minor rule breaking should be permabanned.

Yes and no. There is some leeway in minor spam and stuff like that, however the website I help moderate does issues permabans for repeated **** and stuff like that. If people don't want to uphold a level of decent conversation, then we don't want them on our forums, or website at all. In most cases I've found that repeat offenders will continue to be repeat offenders until you stop giving them the chance to repeat. Whilst there are differences in situations/contexts, it pretty much rings true here as well.
(One begs the question, though, if one continues to commit minor offences knowingly or not then how much leeway should they be given? Minor offences are still offences for a reason imo, and if they weren't then I doubt people would have so many infractions for them.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You should clarify these sorts of things so you won't be misunderstood.

You can do without the patronising, thanks.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I mean who's going to want to read some "Exceedingly rational and normal" but arrogant UK twit's comments that go... as compared to the presence of my sheer genius topics that which garners a lot of applause and attention like the entire "I will be experimenting with emoticons." topic or the "An introduction to the EE community. (New players view this)" topic.

Sounds like you have a grudge to hold. Can't I be funny too?

#43 2018-10-01 03:18:25

HeyNK

^ splitting up posts into quotes and making smart remarks and replies to each one without even putting a smug anime girl at the end of the post should be permabannable IMO, it really hurts the ability to engage in civil discussion.

Wooted by:

#44 2018-10-01 03:22:56

Anak

HeyNK wrote:

^ splitting up posts into quotes and making smart remarks and replies to each one without even putting a smug anime girl at the end of the post should be permabannable IMO, it really hurts the ability to engage in civil discussion.

I'm good luv enjoy

#45 2018-10-01 03:35:45

HeyNK

let me just say when my application to become a forum mod gets accepted, you're gonna have to watch yourself around these parts, because I won't be tolerating any abusive behaviors like the ones you are somehow being allowed to exhibit.

HeyNK1538361345726811

Board footer