Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-19 22:43:49

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Contest: What would you have done?

In the latest round of the contest (losers 6) a trainwreck happened.
More specifically, master1 didn't judge so the azurepudding/smittyw matchup was a tied 2-2. The winner was xenonetix's preference of azurepudding.
In addition, this round had a team where both people didn't submit. CK/Unau won due to having made it farther before falling to the losers bracket.

https://strawpoll.com/3pp3cggy

suddenly random sig change

#2 2018-09-19 22:59:14

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Contest: What would you have done?

I'm completely fine by having lost against CK and Unau, even if they didn't submit, as I have a very big priority right now which I can't just skip: the release of my upcoming bot-assisted level. Said this, it's obvious that I didn't have any time to focus in the level for my team, and as a team, we decided together, to not submit anything.

I prefer to forfeit, than to win by submitting an atrocity, that isn't, in any way, representative of my works. This already happened when I tried to give a message to the judges regarding my forfeit in my world for the Loser Round 4, but my opponent ended up not submitting. This was completely unexpected, and personally annoying, but I dealt with it.

Said all this, I wouldn't like any action to be taken, that involves me and my team.

Talking about the faulty judging, it's indeed unfair that a person that was not part of the judging team took the vote to get one team eliminated. Even more, knowing what happened with me and my opponents.

Many consider having Zoey continue instead of CK and Unau continue, but honestly my vision of that could've been best was a 3-team points battle. The team with the least votes doesn't advance. This approach ensures a fair battle between the people that actually submitted.

Wooted by:

#3 2018-09-19 23:16:53

SmittyW

Having a substitute judge is only relevant if you don't trust Xeno's capabilities to remain unbiased and pick a favorite between 2 levels. I don't see any problems there.

As for the rest, Kirby was just following protocol and made the best call according to the rules. I'd say blame the tournament's structure if anything. 1v1 matches aren't the fairest way to determine who the best builder is, especially with no-shows. If Ck/Unau didn't move up, then who would've been picked? Would it be fair to leave Diff eliminated? Apparently the deciding factor for Ck/Unau moving up was that they made it further into the winner's bracket. What would have happened if both HG and Ck/Unau made it equally far?

Anyways, HG and I have already resigned to the fact we lost and it's too late to make changes. Also the prize is just a bunch of pixels like get over it man :\

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-09-19 23:26:06

Luka504

Frankly the best course of action would have been to delay judging until master1 was available. Even though this would force the dates to change, it would have been the most fair way to determine the winner.
It's too late to change anything now, so the judges should just go with what they have.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#5 2018-09-19 23:54:34

azurepudding

You might call me biased since this resulted in a win for me, but I do feel zoey and smitty's team should fill in for the non-submission bracket.  It's both not fair for them since a non-sub makes it further and wins a better prize, and arguably for all the rest of the remaining teams, since we all had to work a round extra than they did.  It essentially became like a 3 team vs tournament, where two teams compete and the winner has to face the third team who didn't have to compete.

I'm just glad to have squeaked by, and who knows, master1 might've voted my way too.  I just feel bad they went through all that time and effort to be eliminated, while another team spent no time on this round and makes it further.  Also, do they know they've made it through?  I know Ck and Unau said they've got busy schedules so they've probably assumed they lost, and if they don't compete this round, gives someone else a free win.. making another team have to win less while the rest have to win more.  Get what I mean? Oof..

Either way, I'm still in and I'mma try harder than before this time.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#6 2018-09-20 05:32:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

For the next contest, I propose we use a points based system, and forget about the bracket system. Say we have 15 people. Round 1, we eliminate 5 people, the next round we eliminate 7 people so that there are three left. Last round is between them to decide who gets the highest prizes. You can replace instances of "people" with "teams" in that sentence and it could still work.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-09-20 06:51:05

peace

ii woudlnt endthis withtou the votes os master1 it woulndt be fair and the staff who holds this contest should know that! also fo rnot submitting both should lose and antoer player who lost due to a 3-2 orso shoudl advance

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2018-09-20 07:54:03

azurepudding

I think I may have said this a couple times (on chat maybe?) but:

I'd like to see a contest where we have say, 5 rounds.  Maybe have the world size increase every round, I'm not sure.  For every round, the judges rate each world out of 10, with the total being out of 50 per world (5 judges).  So after 5 rounds, the highest possible score would be 250.

This would be a good way to handle a contest because it wouldn't involve any elimination and includes everyone, and doesn't treat each win as equally as they do in tournament style (I mean, we literally had a no submission count as much of a win as the rest of the teams who worked really hard).  It wouldn't be about "just being better than one other team," but more emphasis on quality all along the competition.  Multiple winners could also be had here, whether by being in the top X or by having more than X points, or a combo of both. 

More time could also be given as there'd be fewer rounds.  It'd be far less stressful, more time to work, no fear of elimination.. if you fall a little short on one round or two, you can try to make up for it in future rounds.  Also at least for me, I wouldn't feel bad for taking someone's chances of winning away //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#9 2018-09-20 08:16:42

Joeyc

tournament was a bad idea to begin with, and proabably would've just rather preferred a regular old build contest vs all

#10 2018-09-20 08:23:38

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

I think I would have kept it as tied just for those two teams alone then while waiting for @Mater1 to come back have both the Tied teams start to build as the opponent for other team has started, then @Master1 will vote it will be inputted etc..

Joeyc wrote:

tournament was a bad idea to begin with, and proabably would've just rather preferred a regular old build contest vs all

Ay, but at least they are trying new things to see what to do and what not to do in future tho.

#11 2018-09-20 10:21:08, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-20 10:21:52)

Luka504

Joeyc wrote:

I don't think that a tournament-styled contest was a doomed idea from the beginning, but rather that all of the issues that rose from this contest came from a huge lack of planning.

Things like starting the tournament in mid-august when most people had to go to school soon.
Having almost no breathing room between rounds, which lead to people getting creatively burnt out from the tournament.
Having judging periods last a very small amount of time, meaning that it was likely that a judge wouldn't be able to judge the worlds if they were busy for the entire day, like with master1.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#12 2018-09-20 12:59:07

Master1

Just gonna throw in that Xenonetix voted the exact same way I would have voted, nothing would have changed either way.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#13 2018-09-20 13:08:49, last edited by Norwee (2018-09-20 13:09:46)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Master1 wrote:

Just gonna throw in that Xenonetix voted the exact same way I would have voted, nothing would have changed either way.

Great, that fixes everything. Xenonetix was actually totally sure that you would have voted for the other team, but i was a little sceptical... So i'm glad we just went for "his decision".
So “dude i’m so tired end this already” lost fair and square. While CK and Unau moves up on basis of progressing further on winners round since no team can replace them anyway.
Situation resolved.
R3YmAp8.png

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#14 2018-09-20 14:43:31

peace

Master1 wrote:

but he isnt a judge he may not vote its not fair and and even if

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Xenonetix was actually totally sure that you would have voted for the other team

then its even mor eunfair because th ewother team wouldve won if master1 just voted also

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

While CK and Unau moves up on basis of progressing further on winners round since no team can replace them anyway.

there can be a team like if 2 teams make both a good world and it ends up 3:2 or its in th ecase of above then these 2 people can both advabnce while the CK and Unau and their oppowntn both lose its not like oh hey he pprogressed futhert in winne rbracklet so he must be good NO what is he wa as lucky all time and thier oppoentn diddnt submit? and also what if this cas ehappenned righrt in round 1? or what fif they porgressed same time in winne rbracklet? ( like they both lose on WR5 orso) think about it

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#15 2018-09-24 15:28:48

Macy Ace

all ties go to macy ace snce i unfaie not add in

Macy Ace1537799328725895

Board footer