Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2018-09-19 00:33:41

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: [THE WINNER!] OFFICIAL Everybody Edits Tournament Results!

So a team that doesn't even submit gets to continue in the contest over people who actually submitted? Really dude :/

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#127 2018-09-19 01:27:12

Wizard2002

Zoey2070 wrote:

So a team that doesn't even submit gets to continue in the contest over people who actually submitted? Really dude :/

Actually their opponent didn't submit either, they made CK and Unua the winner since they progressed farther into the winners bracket.

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#128 2018-09-19 06:24:16

azurepudding

Theoretically someone can not submit through the entire contest and even win, as long as their opponents all the way through didn't submit either.  It does feel a bit unfair to the rest of us, who have to win one more round than someone else who lucked out.  This is also different from match ups with one non-submission, because at least the "free win" the winning team received still had to make a world.  Since rewards are also round-based, this means CK and Unau's non-submission gets them a prize while zoey's team get a lesser prize.. so yeah I can understand the upset there too.

Tbh, standard contest makes more sense for EE world building since it's all against everyone, and the best of the best win.  Tournament style is best for games that everyone can't compete at once, some examples being tennis or chess even.  There can only be two teams at a time, which isn't the case for world building in EE.  We've had dozens of teams compete in contests before all against each other, but you can't have 20 teams in one chess match.

Personally I feel the most liked of the teams that lost this round should take their spot, since all that time and effort gets eliminated, but someone who did literally nothing moves on still, and gets the better prize too.

I hope you understand my reasoning, even if you disagree.  And nothing against CK and Unau if they see this too, which I hope they also understand my reasoning.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#129 2018-09-19 07:22:11

peace

azurepudding wrote:

Theoretically someone can not submit through the entire contest and even win, as long as their opponents all the way through didn't submit either.  It does feel a bit unfair to the rest of us, who have to win one more round than someone else who lucked out.  This is also different from match ups with one non-submission, because at least the "free win" the winning team received still had to make a world.  Since rewards are also round-based, this means CK and Unau's non-submission gets them a prize while zoey's team get a lesser prize.. so yeah I can understand the upset there too.

Tbh, standard contest makes more sense for EE world building since it's all against everyone, and the best of the best win.  Tournament style is best for games that everyone can't compete at once, some examples being tennis or chess even.  There can only be two teams at a time, which isn't the case for world building in EE.  We've had dozens of teams compete in contests before all against each other, but you can't have 20 teams in one chess match.

Personally I feel the most liked of the teams that lost this round should take their spot, since all that time and effort gets eliminated, but someone who did literally nothing moves on still, and gets the better prize too.

I hope you understand my reasoning, even if you disagree.  And nothing against CK and Unau if they see this too, which I hope they also understand my reasoning.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

but what if 2 peoel do nto submit and 2 people aganst easch toher make both a really good world and its hard to choose and eventualy ends up3:2 or 2:3?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#130 2018-09-19 07:28:20, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-19 08:12:20)

azurepudding

peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

but what if 2 peoel do nto submit and 2 people aganst easch toher make both a really good world and its hard to choose and eventualy ends up3:2 or 2:3?

That is what happened, tho

EDIT: Well, at least the two teams not submitting.  Whether we made "good" worlds is subjective //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#131 2018-09-19 12:27:27, last edited by peace (2018-09-19 12:29:28)

peace

wtf is wiht spoilers being broken?
azurepudding wrote:
peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

EDIT: Well, at least the two teams not submitting.  Whether we made "good" worlds is subjective //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

i mean what if judges have a hadr tim ejudgind 2 worlds because they liek both the worlds and then they get 2 teams who do not submit i mean then its kind alike meh:/ couldve gave those 2 good worlds a chanc eto win instea dof somenone who di dnot submit but wa slonger in wineers bracklet

peace.png

#132 2018-09-19 15:01:19

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

HG laughs evilly in the background, knowing that Zoey wouldn't rage so much if only he had submitted.

#133 2018-09-19 19:37:13

peace

HG wrote:

HG laughs evilly in the background, knowing that Zoey wouldn't rage so much if only he had submitted.

he did submit a world

peace.png

#134 2018-09-19 19:49:20

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

peace wrote:
HG wrote:

he did submit a world

Are you sure?

unknown.png

#135 2018-09-20 00:17:02

azurepudding

peace wrote:
wtf is wiht spoilers being broken?
azurepudding wrote:
peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

i mean what if judges have a hadr tim ejudgind 2 worlds because they liek both the worlds and then they get 2 teams who do not submit i mean then its kind alike meh:/ couldve gave those 2 good worlds a chanc eto win instea dof somenone who di dnot submit but wa slonger in wineers bracklet

Again, that is what happened.  Two teams were against each other, both which didn't submit, which resulted in one of them still progressing further.

Azure2.png

#136 2018-09-22 22:31:44, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-22 22:56:17)

azurepudding

CaRmAgE wrote:

Don't know if any of the judges found this, but...

https://i.imgur.com/FG2xHVwm.png

This is Radioactive Sunflower's world, LR7.

(If it's not obvious, the only way out is a blue team door up-right, and my team is yellow.)

..gee thanks, a pm woulda been nice..

I can't seem to recreate this bug now tho.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#137 2018-09-23 19:14:44

Kirby

results

#138 2018-09-23 19:15:59

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

what the **** how did we win

suddenly random sig change

#139 2018-09-23 19:17:55

Pingohits
Banned

contest is rigged

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#140 2018-09-23 19:19:12, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-09-23 19:23:32)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

CONTENT WARNING

Wooted by:

#141 2018-09-23 19:31:58, last edited by Norwee (2018-09-23 19:32:26)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Slabdrill wrote:

what the **** how did we win

Surprised me too, but your team has made some great worlds even though i didn't vote for this particular one. So I've got nothing against this result really.
DQGjGS6.png

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#142 2018-09-23 19:32:10

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

GG team on getting 2nd place!

#143 2018-09-23 19:39:17

Lictor666

Kaleb wrote:

GG team on getting 2nd place!

gg team //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#144 2018-09-23 20:00:28

Kira

we lost to an unfinished world

gg team and judges //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by: (2)

#145 2018-09-24 00:57:12

azurepudding

A world with double the favorite:play and nearly triple the like:play ratios than its opponent loses, but a joke world moves on.

nice.

Azure2.png

#146 2018-09-24 01:31:03

Pingohits
Banned

azurepudding wrote:

A world with double the favorite:play and nearly triple the like:play ratios than its opponent loses

It is fallacious to assume world statistics influence the enjoyment of a level, for there are many variables that implicitly control this. Do consider the amount of time a world was open; it is not remarkable for a world to exist only when the owners want it to. In other words, perhaps they kept it invisible most of the time and only let a certain quota of players in; perhaps they left immediately after completion. I base these off of hypothesis, so please correct me.

I do not understand the purpose of your comment; is it to express dissatisfaction? Are you expecting a result? A change? It is perfectly acceptable to dissent, but it is difficult for me to grasp what you want the contest judges to do.

791mAP8.png

#147 2018-09-24 02:07:02

Onjit
Website

unknown.png
kira when he gets beaten by an unfinished world that has major hints inaccessible

oh and if you lose you get dropped into the deepest depths of hades

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#148 2018-09-24 02:15:30

Kira

Onjit wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png
kira when he gets beaten by an unfinished world that has major hints inaccessible

dude facts, i wonder if the judges even played the levels at this point

#149 2018-09-24 02:47:09

Onjit
Website

Kira wrote:
Onjit wrote:

i mean i'm glad we won

but your gameplay must have been r e a l l y ****

o o
  >
\_/

:.|:;

#150 2018-09-24 02:49:09

Kira

Onjit wrote:
Kira wrote:
Onjit wrote:

i mean i'm glad we won

but your gameplay must have been r e a l l y ****

o o
  >
\_/

better than having no gameplay at all

o o
  >
\_/

Minimania1540240329728900