Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-22 17:07:02

Nexus221
Website

global music notes

genius.jpg

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-08-22 17:10:24

Trytu

Re: global music notes

ok, but only if they'll be mutable seperatly to another sounds

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#3 2018-08-22 17:49:48

cwearly1

I was thinking of a global soundtrack, but this isn’t Minecraft I guess

#4 2018-08-22 18:07:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

well they would have to be ran by a dummy person or something (like global switches for constantly moving platforms worlds)
they also would have to be owner only for obvious reasons

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2018-08-23 00:49:00

minam

Rip Headphones Users: Real Edition

But on a serious note, sounds like more trolling, but I can't see how this would be used.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#6 2018-08-23 08:46:34

Nexus221
Website

minam wrote:

But on a serious note, sounds like more trolling, but I can't see how this would be used.

Owner only; can be used as a background music/soundtrack for a game.

#7 2018-08-23 08:53:14

minam

Nexus221 wrote:
minam wrote:

Owner only; can be used as a background music/soundtrack for a game.

Owner only is fine, until a player starts hitting the notes. Also, owners can still troll.

Also how decent is the music and level supposed to be if music (which currently takes a lot of space) is in the same level as the gameplay.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#8 2018-08-23 09:08:02

Trytu

minam wrote:

Owner only is fine, until a player starts hitting the notes. Also, owners can still troll.

Also how decent is the music and level supposed to be if music (which currently takes a lot of space) is in the same level as the gameplay.

so make it mutable seperatly to the other sounds, so player'll have something that would help him to defend himself agaist trollers

Then it would be only same annoying as key-spaming or normal trolling (rather key-spamming)

4puJMaQ.png
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

#9 2018-08-23 09:20:50

minam

Trytu wrote:
minam wrote:

so make it mutable seperatly to the other sounds, so player'll have something that would help him to defend himself agaist trollers

Then it would be only same annoying as key-spaming or normal trolling (rather key-spamming)

But this is discomfort to the ears, which is much more annoying (since hearing is irl while key-spamming isn't)

minam wrote:

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#10 2018-08-23 10:18:14

Trytu

minam wrote:

But this is discomfort to the ears, which is much more annoying (since hearing is irl while key-spamming isn't)

just like coin spam, or intentionally owner's note spam
you always can mute the game, but you can't always avoid that

4puJMaQ.png

#11 2018-08-23 12:14:52

minam

Trytu wrote:
minam wrote:

just like coin spam, or intentionally owner's note spam
you always can mute the game, but you can't always avoid that

No, someone else is controlling if you are getting random noise or not. Yes there's mute, but the cons outweigh the pros imo.

Also please answer this question for the third time because I really can't see this being used for many levels.

minam wrote:

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#12 2018-08-23 12:28:54

Introduction

yeah there should be a dummy person then when you get into a new part of the world you hit a switch that makes the dummy go to the next soundtrack of the world you're in! nice idea!!!

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#13 2018-08-23 12:32:05

Trytu

minam wrote:

In many games music exist,
without music games looks somethimes quite "flat", so very often you have to open youtube video to make game more enjoyable
btw i don't do many levels, so give that question to someone another like nexus, because he suggested that, not me

4puJMaQ.png

#14 2018-08-23 12:48:01

minam

Trytu wrote:

so very often you have to open youtube video to make game more enjoyable

Doesn't that eliminate the need for global music notes then?

I know that games sometimes are better with music, but as you also said, nobody really suggested how it would be usedeven though the OP had a lot of detail, so I'm waiting.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#15 2018-08-24 02:46:22

Freckleface

minam wrote:
Trytu wrote:

I know that games sometimes are better with music, but as you also said, nobody really suggested how it would be usedeven though the OP had a lot of detail, so I'm waiting.

- A dummy could be run through a music sequence to create a soundtrack.
- Can be used as an alarm for when something important in the world happens
- General fun use (Think hotel to code worlds (R.I.P.) which could have you buying drum sets to play for others)
- Music battles in EE
- Many people will find creative ways to use them, I'm sure (An idea off the top of my head is a coop puzzle where one must guide another using sound)

Though I would find these more useful if they had a range, or some sort of option to change the range.

Also, note to minam, saying a block can be abused is one of the worst counter arguments. Every block can be abused, including solid building blocks, so it doesn't make sense not to add something because it can be abused.

F

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2018-08-24 03:40:39

minam

Freckleface wrote:

Yes, that's been mentioned.

Freckleface wrote:

Why can't you use the chat tho?

Freckleface wrote:

- General fun use (Think hotel to code worlds (R.I.P.) which could have you buying drum sets to play for others)

Probably makes the most sense, but with the current drum/piano/guitar setup, I doubt anything decent will be played using music. Also if it's owner only, then you may not be getting the set-up you want.

Freckleface wrote:

- Music battles in EE

Making decent music takes a long time in EE (for me), and you could use already existing music blocks? If you're talking about another feature, then please mention that.

Freckleface wrote:

- Many people will find creative ways to use them, I'm sure (An idea off the top of my head is a coop puzzle where one must guide another using sound)

You're probably right. (But I doubt many people have perfect/relative pitch and plays EE.)

Freckleface wrote:

Also, note to minam, saying a block can be abused is one of the worst counter arguments. Every block can be abused, including solid building blocks, so it doesn't make sense not to add something because it can be abused.

I haven't really said that it shouldn't be added purely because of it being abused. It was just one of the reasons. I don't think "abused, abused, abused" was my argument.

Also can you answer this question:
somebody pls for the fourth time

minam wrote:

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#17 2018-08-24 03:57:57

Kirby

minam wrote:

you keep repeating this but i have no idea what it's supposed to mean. are you saying that a level with a lot of music in it is inherently bad because there's no room for gameplay?

#18 2018-08-24 04:07:04

minam

Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:

you keep repeating this but i have no idea what it's supposed to mean. are you saying that a level with a lot of music in it is inherently bad because there's no room for gameplay?

Music takes a lot of space right now, and making a global soundtrack sounds like it would take a lot of space.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#19 2018-08-24 05:07:50

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

a way easier solution is to have the player choose if they want soundtrack if they do they go to a soundtrack repeating world then clone to go back to the actual level with MUSIC

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#20 2018-08-24 05:21:32

Kirby

minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:

Music takes a lot of space right now, and making a global soundtrack sounds like it would take a lot of space.

yeah, it would? but it's not enough space where the level would be unusable. Could make a 4 minute loop that takes like 10% of a huge world

#21 2018-08-24 06:39:03, last edited by minam (2018-08-24 06:40:23)

minam

Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:

yeah, it would? but it's not enough space where the level would be unusable. Could make a 4 minute loop that takes like 10% of a huge world

Is there an example of this?

Edit: What I said was quite confusing. Is there a 4 minute loop that takes 10% of a huge world and sounds decent?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#22 2018-08-24 07:03:53

peace

Freckleface wrote:
minam wrote:
Trytu wrote:

- Music battles in EE

Though I would find these more useful if they had a range, or some sort of option to change the range.

*listens to normal notes* *someome keeps spmming golbal notes* < this is an example i would like to see an music box playing a sound on touch for you only its like a viedo that s  plays when you ar ein one of these music machines playing the sound ony you dont see an video if loop then it loops until you touch another one or the removal

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#23 2018-08-24 07:34:33, last edited by Kirby (2018-08-24 07:34:57)

Kirby

minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:

Edit: What I said was quite confusing. Is there a 4 minute loop that takes 10% of a huge world and sounds decent?

well, here's a 1 min 45 second loop in a music world im working on. If it didn't have walls, it would use about 9000 blocks, which is about 10% of a huge world. If i used a system for repeats instead of just playing through similar parts again, it probably could be cut down even more, and if I used running/lowgrav falling instead of regular falling, the decreased speed could allow the song to be even longer

#24 2018-08-24 08:37:20

minam

Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:
minam wrote:
Kirby wrote:

well, here's a 1 min 45 second loop in a music world im working on. If it didn't have walls, it would use about 9000 blocks, which is about 10% of a huge world. If i used a system for repeats instead of just playing through similar parts again, it probably could be cut down even more, and if I used running/lowgrav falling instead of regular falling, the decreased speed could allow the song to be even longer

Welp you probably got me there. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Some lazy excuses that aren't really worth being defensive for but I'll chuck it in anyways

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#25 2018-08-24 16:55:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

This would probably make worlds so much more laggier and unenjoyable, especially if the music in question isn't enjoyable to listen to.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Nexus2211535525607722097

Board footer