Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-17 17:40:55

Introduction

Being able to buy classic with energy (But it's not what you think!)

As active members of the community, we collect our energy and spend it on smileys, blocks, worlds, etc. However, there will be a time where you can only buy worlds, because you will have bought every smiley/block with energy. Some people have already reached this "time", and can only buy worlds, npc's or special action blocks because they have bought the rest out of stock. So, my idea is to make classic blocks purchasable once you bought EVERY BLOCK PACK and smilies with energy. Then, you will be able to unlock a few of the classic items.

How it should work

Of course, buying classics with energy may sound crazy, but just think about it : If you've bought every block pack and smilies available, you have experience and should consider yourself a veteran. You are a classic member of the community and deserve a little reward for grinding all this energy, which is grinding EVEN MORE energy but for interesting classics.

First off, you will not unlock all the classics for energy in an instant. You may only buy the most recent ones first, the 2015 ones. Once you bought all of the 2015 classics, you will then unlock the 2014 ones, then the 2013 ones, and so on. But how much will the classics cost, you may ask? Well, considering classics are from an older time and that you're not really supposed to get them, they should cost (in energy), the cost of gems, multiplied by 350. So let's say you want to buy Sea Captain (Which costs 6 gems, due to sale). Well, the cost of the smiley would be (6 * 350), which results in 2100 energy. Of course, this sounds like a ton of energy, but hear me out loud! You're getting old items! Items that you could only get for gems now with energy! Isn't that amazing? A whole new catalog is opening for you, this time with your favorite grandad items for energy!

Of course, this is just a suggestion, but if I'm suggesting this, that's because I feel like people should be able to get a chance to spend their energy on other things than worlds and npc's.

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#2 2018-08-17 18:18:12

Freckleface

Re: Being able to buy classic with energy (But it's not what you think!)

I feel the price should be higher as 2100 is only 3 days for me and even just one day for some contest winners. Also I need a good energy sink so the cost should be gems*2000 or something absurd like that. (Also classics can be bought slowly with login bonuses so theres that.)

F

#3 2018-08-17 18:46:48

peace

Introduction wrote:

As active members of the community, we collect our energy and spend it on smileys, blocks, worlds, etc. However, there will be a time where you can only buy worlds, because you will have bought every smiley/block with energy. Some people have already reached this "time", and can only buy worlds, npc's or special action blocks because they have bought the rest out of stock. So, my idea is to make classic blocks purchasable once you bought EVERY BLOCK PACK and smilies with energy. Then, you will be able to unlock a few of the classic items.

How it should work

Of course, buying classics with energy may sound crazy, but just think about it : If you've bought every block pack and smilies available, you have experience and should consider yourself a veteran. You are a classic member of the community and deserve a little reward for grinding all this energy, which is grinding EVEN MORE energy but for interesting classics.

First off, you will not unlock all the classics for energy in an instant. You may only buy the most recent ones first, the 2015 ones. Once you bought all of the 2015 classics, you will then unlock the 2014 ones, then the 2013 ones, and so on. But how much will the classics cost, you may ask? Well, considering classics are from an older time and that you're not really supposed to get them, they should cost (in energy), the cost of gems, multiplied by 350. So let's say you want to buy Sea Captain (Which costs 6 gems, due to sale). Well, the cost of the smiley would be (6 * 350), which results in 2100 energy. Of course, this sounds like a ton of energy, but hear me out loud! You're getting old items! Items that you could only get for gems now with energy! Isn't that amazing? A whole new catalog is opening for you, this time with your favorite grandad items for energy!

Of course, this is just a suggestion, but if I'm suggesting this, that's because I feel like people should be able to get a chance to spend their energy on other things than worlds and npc's.

what if your classic tab is already empty wh ato do wiht energy then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool   also price shoudld be hihger lets make it 5K for a smiley 7.5K for a single block 10K for a small pack 12.5K for a bigger pack 15K fro pack+smiley (ex: newyear 2010) + a few gems after spedning the enrgy but the gem pric ethen is very low just 1-5

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2018-08-17 19:28:54, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-17 19:44:40)

Joeyc

gems would be kinda useless if you think about it that way, but I agree that this should be a thing. Of course maybe like 5000-10000 for every classic depending on how much it is. block pack, or smiley.
I also never liked the idea of locking content to upgrade peoples creativity's behind a wall of gems.

#5 2018-08-18 06:39:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

Okay but when you go through and buy all the classic packs, you suddenly hit the same problem again (As a person who can only buy worlds anymore I disagree with the idea)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#6 2018-08-18 13:37:07

skullz17

Not a real energy sink solution, doesn't have any purpose other than that. Some of the classic items are pretty nice, and perhaps essential, but I don't think this is the way to solve that. Maybe there should be substitutes for those essential ones.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-08-18 19:01:12

Anatoly

Or just give editions when you can buy them. Like the fanboy thing. "Draw a picture of the halloween 20?? pack to get it"

#8 2018-08-18 19:08:06

Minimania
Moderation Team

Yeah, doing holiday related stuff similar to how you used to get the fanboy like through emailing art or like... a letter about why you love EE or why you should get the pack/what you would do with it would be cool, of course they won't be graded or anything, but just a fanmail sort of thing that sparks some hype for the holiday

Or maybe holiday related events that reward the player with those packages

21cZxBv.png

#9 2018-08-18 19:08:22

Joeyc

Anatoly wrote:

Or just give editions when you can buy them. Like the fanboy thing. "Draw a picture of the halloween 20?? pack to get it"

sounds bad

#10 2018-08-18 19:11:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

Joeyc wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

sounds bad

Make a Halloween Themed world, get a halloween themed package?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2018-08-18 21:30:00

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Introduction wrote:

I feel like people should be able to get a chance

They had, in 2010 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

PTU1534624200720305

Board footer