Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-09 21:02:11

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Everybody Edits Patreon!

We've launched the Everybody Edits Patreon!

I'll let the page speak for itself. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

In other news, we've made an update to the game to coincide with this launch, which includes:

• Animated Platinum Big Spender added to the game!

• Elite Supporter added with unique username color, minimap trail, and profile tag!

• Some minor graphic updates and bug fixes.

Thank you to anyone who can support us! Don't worry if you can't though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

We hope to see you in the Official EE Patreon Discord soon!

Update: The Platinum Spender Tier is now $40! This is now the cheapest option to get the standard Big Spender!

~ Everybody Edits Staff ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2018-08-09 21:15:06, last edited by Loganyoshi (2018-08-09 21:15:29)

Loganyoshi

Re: Everybody Edits Patreon!

Now we'll know who the spoiled rich kids of the community are. :p

#3 2018-08-09 21:25:19

Zumza

What's happening now it's extremely wrong at many levels.

The community should boycott this.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 2018-08-09 21:35:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Zumza wrote:

What's happening now it's extremely wrong at many levels.

The community should boycott this.

Umm, why?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-08-09 21:36:09

Lictor666

so now it's 80/month to be alpha tester
nice

#6 2018-08-09 21:36:59

Joeyc

unknown.png

#7 2018-08-09 21:42:04

Guest.

I was pretty disappointed to see not much from the initial post changed

At most i’ll probably just go like $2/mo for now

I really hope you change some things in the future

CONTENT WARNING

#8 2018-08-09 21:46:33

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

Animated Platinum Big Spender added to the game!
Elite Supporter added with unique username color, minimap trail, and profile tag!
Some minor graphic updates and bug fixes.

People with gems can't buy the animated platinum big spender or unique username color?
If no, that's sad, gems are devaluing even more.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

#9 2018-08-09 22:06:10, last edited by MartenM (2018-08-09 22:17:08)

MartenM
Website

Normally I like updates but this rubs me the wrong way. I have a general positive attitude to the game but this seems like cash grab.

Why does EE need this money? Is it to support the reboot? We have yet to see any promesing stuff about that.

Also why is this done though patreon and not with gems?

Xenonetix wrote:

We hope to see you in the Official EE Patreon Discord soon

Yeah, let's lock communication with staff behind a pay wall...

Edit: Okay Patreon page explains some stuff, but those are still just all promises :3

Edit 2: 80 euro for Alpha acces. OK. . .

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#10 2018-08-09 22:15:13

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

You can see where most of the money will go by looking at the patreon page MartenM. Also you can communicate with staff through forums, so not too sure about that complaint. Personally i’m not hyped at this or anything, but i fail to see what you presented as valid complaints.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#11 2018-08-09 22:18:27

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

What exactly are these?

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2018-08-09 22:51:51

Guest.

Slabdrill wrote:

What exactly are these?

so far all i found is big spenders hat was fixed

#13 2018-08-09 22:52:22

ByteArray

Slabdrill wrote:

What exactly are these?

- Small issues with gold-bordered big spender were fixed
- Issues with inspect tool were fixed
- T-Shirt promo on lobby was tweaked
- Some issues with the /help message were fixed

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

#14 2018-08-10 09:16:03, last edited by azurepudding (2018-08-10 09:16:37)

azurepudding

I have some questions.. and some concerns.

Do you lose Platinum Big Spender if you stop donating 50 dollars a month?  Unsure on the meaning of "Ongoing," ongoing as in forever, or ongoing as long as you donate? Some confusion, as it's worded that normal Big Spender will be "permanent," but Platinum is "ongoing."

What does the animation look like?

Will Platinum Big Spender be available after rEEboot is released?

What's the Elite Supporter trail color?  I think green is both visually better and more useful for finding your spot on the map, so I dunno on this, as I'm assuming it's the light yellow color.

Do you lose any prize if you stop donating, or lower to a smaller tier?

How many months are we signing up for?

What's to keep someone from waiting until near the end to donate for prizes, what's to encourage people to donate earlier if same prizes can be won by spending less?

And most importantly... how is there $1 donated so far if lowest tier is $2???? - ...no wait seriously how?

Also also.. pie charts were included to show how the money would be spent, but I think all of us would prefer to see something of the rEEboot.. we haven't a single screenshot yet, usually some gameplay is shown for things like this, but not even a screenshot.  How do I show a friend this and get them to support the game?  There is nothing shown, and any info about the game is locked away behind pay walls, when it should be free.  Not ALL info but.. some.  An ounce.. anything really.

Donation tiers are still too pricey I think.. Magic tier doesn't sound worth the extra 10 bucks, as it seems it only allows scheduled voice chats with you which can be problematic as we are all busy and may not always be available.  Also telling us about the game sounds like something that should be free for all to hear, as you can't sell a game that no one knows about.  So that makes a 40 dollar leap to get platinum spender.. which'll be an even harder sell than the normal big spender we have, simply because most of us can't afford 50 dollars just once, but 50 dollars monthly..

Thirty dollars more for alpha access (which requires NDA), and 250 for divine which.. actually sounds pretty cool, but it says most countries, what's excluded?  This is a huge sum of money, per month, and I just don't know how much you'll be able to make as I honestly think too much is being asked here.  Most of the playerbase here are kids and teens, who don't have this kind of money to spend.. so these expensive tiers I think may be shooting yourself in the foot.. I predict most won't go over the 10 dollar tier, maybe even 5.  I'm working and could technically sign up on Divine tier, for a few months at least.. but only because I live with my parents and that wouldn't be wise.

There's this other patreon I've been considering donating to, but linking it here would be rude so I'll PM it.  They ask for a lot less with some decent perks, and show potential title screen and most importantly gameplay.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2018-08-10 09:33:21

Nebula

CONTENT WARNING
Wooted by:

#16 2018-08-10 10:02:50, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-10 10:03:48)

LukeM
Website

azurepudding wrote:

The first few I don't know / can't answer on my phone.

With Patreon you can cancel at any time, so you're only signing up for that first month.

Not sure really what you're talking about with the donating later thing... If you donate later you'll have the rewards for less time?

You can donate however much you want, the tiers only decide what rewards you get.

We're planning on releasing some info fairly soon, personally I'd advise not donating until then if you want to be extra safe.

The rest of the questions have been answered many times in the original Patreon topic, I'll quote them here later if I have time (I'm on my phone)

Wooted by:

PTU

#17 2018-08-11 00:37:05

azurepudding

LukeM wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

The first few I don't know / can't answer on my phone.

With Patreon you can cancel at any time, so you're only signing up for that first month.

Not sure really what you're talking about with the donating later thing... If you donate later you'll have the rewards for less time?

You can donate however much you want, the tiers only decide what rewards you get.

We're planning on releasing some info fairly soon, personally I'd advise not donating until then if you want to be extra safe.

The rest of the questions have been answered many times in the original Patreon topic, I'll quote them here later if I have time (I'm on my phone)

So you only have to donate for one month to get and keep the rewards? unless specified for longer- wait, I just looked over the patreon again and descriptions have changed for clarity.  So you do lose platinum spender if you stop donating.  It's now 40 dollars instead of 50 but..

If you spend 40 dollars, you get Platinum Spender for one month.  If you spender 250 dollars, it's also for one month.  Also being time limited reduces a lot of desire for this smiley I think..

The patreon still has 1 dollar but it shows someone signed on for the 20 dollar tier?

Azure2.png

#18 2018-08-11 02:40:19

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

azurepudding wrote:

If you spender 250 dollars, it's also for one month.

Changed the Divine Supporter tier to receiving it permanently. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#19 2018-08-11 03:27:38

Joeyc

now if only that was new big spender, cri

#20 2018-08-11 04:43:46

HeyNK

Last night it was 1 patron 1$. This morning it is 2 patrons $73.

I'm getting second hand embarrassment reading the rewards.

#21 2018-08-11 08:14:26

azurepudding

I realized gold tier gives you Gold Membership status as a perk.  But what of those with GM already?  Double GM? I get a GG by my name? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

GG no re(fund)

Azure2.png

#22 2018-08-11 08:54:19, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-11 13:40:51)

LukeM
Website

azurepudding wrote:

I realized gold tier gives you Gold Membership status as a perk.  But what of those with GM already?  Double GM? I get a GG by my name? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

GG no re(fund)

Pretty sure it says on the Patreon that you get your current GM refunded in gems

Edit: Maybe not, although I think this is still the case (don't quote me on that though)

Edit2: Checked with Xenonetix and yes you do have the gems you've spent on the remaining GM refunded

#23 2018-08-11 12:00:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

To be honest, the platinum spender looks extremely ugly. If you made the entire thing platinum, akin to the way you made the gold spender entirely gold, perhaps it would look better.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#24 2018-08-11 12:06:25

azurepudding

What if it was like another GM, with sparkly border and aura? 

Also do you think the yellow names could be slightly more apparent? At least for me, they're in this weird area of being enough to notice but also trick my eyes into seeing other non-yellow names being yellow.  Like some kind of optical illusion making every other name appear light yellow.  What if it put a star before and after your name to make it more noticeable? Would also work with green names.

Azure2.png

#25 2018-08-11 12:10:28

peace

th eyellow color isn tmuch noticeable the spender is meh (still want ti for collectros item) so coudl be better

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

BuzzerBee1534360706719654

Board footer