Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-08 01:05:59

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Resetting shouldn't reset minimap access

thwink was playing my world and ran into this problem

suddenly random sig change

#2 2018-08-08 01:52:51

Kirby

Re: Resetting shouldn't reset minimap access

Slabdrill wrote:

thwink was playing my world and ran into this problem

why shouldnt it, that seems pretty intentional

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-08-08 02:08:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

The whole point of reset is to start the world all over. If you're aiming to make somebody completely restart the world, but with the map, just make a world portal that's linked to the same world, some time after you give them the map. Then, make the world portal spawn in a separate area from the normal spawn, and put the map-revealing block there. Problem solved.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#4 2018-08-08 02:49:43

azurepudding

minimania wrote:

The whole point of reset is to start the world all over. If you're aiming to make somebody completely restart the world, but with the map, just make a world portal that's linked to the same world, some time after you give them the map. Then, make the world portal spawn in a separate area from the normal spawn, and put the map-revealing block there. Problem solved.

that sounds like a bit of a process.  If someone wants to true reset, couldn't they just refresh the page?

getting map is sorta like a reward, and is probably placed at the end of a level, so if you reset simply to play again, it doesn't make sense to remove the map.  same with godmode too.  If you use a reset block before you find these permissions, you'd restart still without them.

Azure2.png

#5 2018-08-08 02:54:01, last edited by minam (2018-08-08 03:00:16)

minam

azurepudding wrote:

getting map is sorta like a reward, and is probably placed at the end of a level, so if you reset simply to play again, it doesn't make sense to remove the map.  same with godmode too.  If you use a reset block before you find these permissions, you'd restart still without them.

getting trophy is sorta like a reward, and is probably placed at the end of a level, so if you reset simply to play again, it doesn't make sense to remove the win crown.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#6 2018-08-08 02:56:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

azurepudding wrote:
minimania wrote:

that sounds like a bit of a process.  If someone wants to true reset, couldn't they just refresh the page?

It can be a process, yeah, but it's just about as easy as just putting reset blocks after minis.

21cZxBv.png

#7 2018-08-08 03:10:00

azurepudding

minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

getting trophy is sorta like a reward, and is probably placed at the end of a level, so if you reset simply to play again, it doesn't make sense to remove the win crown.

that's an appearance only thing, having access to map or godmode isn't.

Azure2.png

#8 2018-08-08 03:24:17

minam

azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

What about win-only doors/gates?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#9 2018-08-08 06:19:53

Anatoly

Add already stuff what to reset:

Switches (?)
Effects (?)
Access (?)
Team (?)
Zombie (?)

Because than the reset tool would have a better use.

#10 2018-08-08 08:31:40

Nexus221
Website

Why don't we have both?

#11 2018-08-08 08:42:10

azurepudding

minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I forgot about those.  As the uses of those vary, perhaps there could be a setting to allow a win reset or not.

Azure2.png

#12 2018-08-08 09:14:08

minam

azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I forgot about those.  As the uses of those vary, perhaps there could be a setting to allow a win reset or not.

I also don't see how the minimap activation block is useful.
Can someone please explain?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#13 2018-08-08 09:22:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:

Useful for worlds whose owners disabled their minimap.

21cZxBv.png

#14 2018-08-08 09:57:22

peace

why souldnt it you RESET your progress all progress in the world get lost all coisn touched switches touched everythign touched gets lost

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#15 2018-08-08 10:26:19

minam

minimania wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Yeah, but I still don't see how it's useful.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#16 2018-08-08 12:57:55

peace

minam wrote:
minimania wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minam wrote:

if oyu win you may see minmap here touch th eblock

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#17 2018-08-08 13:27:44

minam

peace wrote:
minam wrote:
minimania wrote:
minam wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

if oyu win you may see minmap here touch th eblock

Yes, but I don't think many peoples' incentive to win is to look at the minimap.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#18 2018-08-08 21:22:25

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

So the world that I had this in has the minimap be a very lategame (but not the hardest) reward because it allows for navigating the world a bit more easily (and there's a lot of unpolish because im too lazy to erase stuff); but if you've managed to get it I believe you deserve it so that's why I put it there.
If you've seen the minimap you can just take a screenshot of it and then use it very effectively to see where you're going anyways, even after you lose access by resetting.
Note that you don't lose god mode from a god block on reset.

#19 2018-08-08 22:37:02

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

unknown.png

#20 2018-08-08 23:09:37, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-08 23:10:21)

LukeM
Website

I guess the main reason that it resets from a reset block is for consistancy, it makes complete sense for it to be disabled on a /clear or a /loadlevel, so it just follows that /resetall would do it too... (and by extension /reset [player], /reset, and the reset block)
Plus its useful to be able to reset yourself completely for testing or whatever, and having /reset work differently to all the other ways to reset doesn't really make sense.

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2018-08-08 23:11:15

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Then... should god mode earned from a god block also be lost on reset? That's still inconsistent.

#22 2018-08-08 23:20:18

LukeM
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

Then... should god mode earned from a god block also be lost on reset? That's still inconsistent.

God mode isn't disabled by anything (/clear, /loadlevel, /resetall, etc.). I guess probably because you'd often want people to continue to have god after you loadleveled if you were making a world, and if you ever did want to disable god you could just click on the remove god button.

LukeM1533766818718682

Board footer