Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-03 09:52:59

peace

can everyoen stop wiht th elong red text its not fun an i just skip it

please it sjust spam

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#2 2018-08-03 09:57:45

minam

Re: can everyoen stop wiht th elong red text its not fun an i just skip it

Are you talking about this?

Hidden text

I don't really get why everyone is doing this, nor where they got this from. Can someone explain?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#3 2018-08-03 10:01:55

Onjit
Website

DISCLAIMER: While the following post may appear at first glance to be unrelated to the thread at hand, upon further inspection it should be plain to see that it is merely a parody of the very nature of online communication as a whole. Furthermore, this [image/gif/text/audio/video] may not be inherently indicative of the substance of the discussion seen prior in this thread, but should still be regarded with the same artistic integrity of precedents in this medium. Despite initially appearing to be without merit, this [image/gif/text/audio/video] is intended to be construed as a statement [adhering to/refuting] the common parlance seen in this community, through which greater understanding and introspection can be achieved. Ergo, the following post should be given the consideration that it deserves, and the deeper intentions of the individual(s) who crafted the following [image/gif/text/audio/video] will be rectified for their efforts. Any attempt to refuse entry the following [image/gif/text/audio/video] should be regarded as an affront to liberty and the notion of free thought. Such individuals who would contemplate taking such actions should be deemed fierce enemies to all that we hold sacred, and subsequently banished to the deepest depths of Hades.

Quite frankly, if you actually read it you'd understand that it's merely a disclaimer that the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****. If anything, this is a direct response to the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****. If we all had a little more patience and understanding, this wouldn't be necessary.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#4 2018-08-03 10:04:15

minam

Onjit wrote:
DISCLAIMER: While the following post may appear at first glance to be unrelated to the thread at hand, upon further inspection it should be plain to see that it is merely a parody of the very nature of online communication as a whole. Furthermore, this [image/gif/text/audio/video] may not be inherently indicative of the substance of the discussion seen prior in this thread, but should still be regarded with the same artistic integrity of precedents in this medium. Despite initially appearing to be without merit, this [image/gif/text/audio/video] is intended to be construed as a statement [adhering to/refuting] the common parlance seen in this community, through which greater understanding and introspection can be achieved. Ergo, the following post should be given the consideration that it deserves, and the deeper intentions of the individual(s) who crafted the following [image/gif/text/audio/video] will be rectified for their efforts. Any attempt to refuse entry the following [image/gif/text/audio/video] should be regarded as an affront to liberty and the notion of free thought. Such individuals who would contemplate taking such actions should be deemed fierce enemies to all that we hold sacred, and subsequently banished to the deepest depths of Hades.

Quite frankly, if you actually read it you'd understand that it's merely a disclaimer that the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****. If anything, this is a direct response to the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****. If we all had a little more patience and understanding, this wouldn't be necessary.

Where did this come from?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#5 2018-08-03 10:07:04

Onjit
Website

minam wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Did you not read the post you quoted? I wrote this for that exact purpose.

Wooted by:

#6 2018-08-03 10:09:44

minam

Onjit wrote:

stuff (text wall)

Maybe don't make it so big and red so we can actually read it instead of burning our eyes out maybe.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#7 2018-08-03 10:13:15

Kira

Onjit wrote:
minam wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Did you not read the post you quoted? I wrote this for that exact purpose.

Just like Onjit said, please try to understand the goal behind this text instead of complaining about it, it will make everyone's life easier. We are free. This is our first right as human being.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-08-03 10:14:22

Onjit
Website

minam wrote:
Onjit wrote:

stuff (text wall)

Maybe don't make it so big and red so we can actually read it instead of burning our eyes out maybe.

Is this better? I really want my message to get through.

Wooted by:

#9 2018-08-03 10:17:01, last edited by Kira (2018-08-03 10:20:12)

Kira

Or perhaps like this?

#10 2018-08-03 12:46:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Onjit wrote:

kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****.

huh i always thought it only happens to sont's and peace's posts
why dont you put the disclaimer in a spoiler

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2018-08-03 12:48:41

peace

just dont ue such thign just a small disclaimer that you want the oist to be read like:

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST CAREFULLY, THANK YOU

is enough

peace.png

Wooted by:

#12 2018-08-03 12:59:05

Raphe9000

I think it's still way too intrusive. Can we make it a bit more pleasant for the eye?

DISCLAIMER: WHILE THE FOLLOWING POST MAY APPEAR AT FIRST GLANCE TO BE UNRELATED TO THE THREAD AT HAND, UPON FURTHER INSPECTION IT SHOULD BE PLAIN TO SEE THAT IT IS MERELY A PARODY OF THE VERY NATURE OF ONLINE COMMUNICATION AS A WHOLE. FURTHERMORE, THIS [IMAGE/GIF/TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO] MAY NOT BE INHERENTLY INDICATIVE OF THE SUBSTANCE OF THE DISCUSSION SEEN PRIOR IN THIS THREAD, BUT SHOULD STILL BE REGARDED WITH THE SAME ARTISTIC INTEGRITY OF PRECEDENTS IN THIS MEDIUM. DESPITE INITIALLY APPEARING TO BE WITHOUT MERIT, THIS [IMAGE/GIF/TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO] IS INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS A STATEMENT [ADHERING TO/REFUTING] THE COMMON PARLANCE SEEN IN THIS COMMUNITY, THROUGH WHICH GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND INTROSPECTION CAN BE ACHIEVED. ERGO, THE FOLLOWING POST SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CONSIDERATION THAT IT DESERVES, AND THE DEEPER INTENTIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) WHO CRAFTED THE FOLLOWING [IMAGE/GIF/TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO] WILL BE RECTIFIED FOR THEIR EFFORTS. ANY ATTEMPT TO REFUSE ENTRY THE FOLLOWING [IMAGE/GIF/TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO] SHOULD BE REGARDED AS AN AFFRONT TO LIBERTY AND THE NOTION OF FREE THOUGHT. SUCH INDIVIDUALS WHO WOULD CONTEMPLATE TAKING SUCH ACTIONS SHOULD BE DEEMED FIERCE ENEMIES TO ALL THAT WE HOLD SACRED, AND SUBSEQUENTLY BANISHED TO THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF HADES.

Wooted by:

#13 2018-08-03 12:59:27

Jorc

jessus christ

who the hell cares about that

Wooted by:

#14 2018-08-03 13:42:27

minam

I've sort of got what the people do this now. I really had no idea in the beginning. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Apparently Onjit himself/herself wrote the disclaimer.
Here's what I "analysed" from Onjit's response to my question.

Onjit wrote:

Quite frankly, if you actually read it you'd understand that it's merely a disclaimer that the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****.

So its to tell us that "the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****." This is obviously simplified from the actual statement,  which says,
"The following post should be given the consideration it deserves..."
I am 100% for that statement.

Onjit wrote:

If anything, this is a direct response to the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****. If we all had a little more patience and understanding, this wouldn't be necessary.

Ah, so this is the purpose of this disclaimer. It is meant for "the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****."
I still agree, and I have nothing against your statements that you summarized as of writing this post.

However, I am not the biggest fan when it comes to executing.

Onjit wrote:

I really want my message to get through.

I know you want to get your message, and so do I, but not in this fashion.
First of all, 12 lines of large red text (or any of the spin-offs I've seen so far) is really not effective, especially for the people that assume that it is ****. Not many people will read it, even if they usually don't assume it's a ****. People find it difficult to read clumps of text that look like optical illusions or just eye rape. (And for both the spin-offs so far: colorful language and writing with a highlighter)

Wikipedia:

"**** is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors."

I won't straight-up say that the whole disclaimer is a ****, but it getting some aspects of it. For example, it uses some arguably trollish phrases including "Such individuals who would contemplate taking such actions should be deemed fierce enemies to all that we hold sacred, and subsequently banished to the deepest depths of Hades." Also, it is ironic in some ways, as you are essentially saying it's not a ****, when you actually are writing less than your disclaimer. It was even used in its entirety, without any more content in "The Secret Rule (2)" making it look like a joke or ****.

I don't have any idea how to make people who ignore to listen, as much as I don't have any idea how to make murderers stop murdering.
If your disclaimer were to make people listen, so be it and I won't complain, but it is so far ineffective.

For your information, I will still read posts with the disclaimer and will give the consideration that should be given, because I'm not a hypocrite.

Also: Sorry for swearing many times; it was actually in-context, and was necessary to include them to understand.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#15 2018-08-03 14:07:00, last edited by Anatoly (2018-08-03 14:09:48)

Anatoly

Reported with raid alarm both of you, spamming is not fun.

Edit: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/searc … 1290456167

The first post containing this: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 47#p717747 by Kira

#16 2018-08-03 14:10:20

Onjit
Website

minam wrote:

I've sort of got what the people do this now. I really had no idea in the beginning. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Apparently Onjit himself/herself wrote the disclaimer.
Here's what I "analysed" from Onjit's response to my question.

Onjit wrote:

Quite frankly, if you actually read it you'd understand that it's merely a disclaimer that the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****.

So its to tell us that "the post is worth reading and not immediately ignored as a ****." This is obviously simplified from the actual statement,  which says,
"The following post should be given the consideration it deserves..."
I am 100% for that statement.

Onjit wrote:

If anything, this is a direct response to the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****. If we all had a little more patience and understanding, this wouldn't be necessary.

Ah, so this is the purpose of this disclaimer. It is meant for "the kind of people who don't take certain people's posts seriously because they see the name and just assume that it's a ****."
I still agree, and I have nothing against your statements that you summarized as of writing this post.

However, I am not the biggest fan when it comes to executing.

Onjit wrote:

I really want my message to get through.

I know you want to get your message, and so do I, but not in this fashion.
First of all, 12 lines of large red text (or any of the spin-offs I've seen so far) is really not effective, especially for the people that assume that it is ****. Not many people will read it, even if they usually don't assume it's a ****. People find it difficult to read clumps of text that look like optical illusions or just eye rape. (And for both the spin-offs so far: colorful language and writing with a highlighter)

Wikipedia:

"**** is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors."

I won't straight-up say that the whole disclaimer is a ****, but it getting some aspects of it. For example, it uses some arguably trollish phrases including "Such individuals who would contemplate taking such actions should be deemed fierce enemies to all that we hold sacred, and subsequently banished to the deepest depths of Hades." Also, it is ironic in some ways, as you are essentially saying it's not a ****, when you actually are writing less than your disclaimer. It was even used in its entirety, without any more content in "The Secret Rule (2)" making it look like a joke or ****.

I don't have any idea how to make people who ignore to listen, as much as I don't have any idea how to make murderers stop murdering.
If your disclaimer were to make people listen, so be it and I won't complain, but it is so far ineffective.

For your information, I will still read posts with the disclaimer and will give the consideration that should be given, because I'm not a hypocrite.

Also: Sorry for swearing many times; it was actually in-context, and was necessary to include them to understand.

Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to consider it from my perspective. Sometimes I just feel as though I'm not taken seriously. Just because I'm somewhat know to occasionally goof off and make a joke now and then, people seem to deliberately follow my posts around and harass me! I can hardly join a level without someone saying "don't snag me bro!" or “wow that really makes me ****” or “hey when is snagsanga quest coming out” or some inanity like that. It's really degrading and quite frankly, I've had enough. It really takes a toll to be singled out constantly, to be forced into the role of court jester when all I want to do is fit in. This is why I decided that I must take a stance to this toxic behaviour and remind everyone that I am here. I am a member of this community. I love this game as much as anyone else. I do not deserve this level of disrespect and (I’m loathe to admit it) bullying just for wanting to have a good time. I think that if everyone could just take the time to understand each other, and give everyone the respect that they deserve. All I’m asking for is that you give each other the respect that they deserve. As for the disclaimer itself, the intention behind it being so monstrously lengthy is that it should attain the attention of the reader and ensure that they acknowledge the content of the post. It is so bold and so eloquently pieced together insofar as it is an element of a lens through which one can see the introspective perception of the human condition. If I were to foolhardily truncate the disclaimer as you, and others, have proposed, it would not reach the same impact and would be more likely to be considered just a headnote with no greater impact to the concept of the online forum as a medium. What I am attempting to achieve is a greater understanding of the landscape of social communities online in general, and create an impact upon the systems as they are perceived by those that are involved in them. This may be a difficult concept to grasp initially, but given some time and greater thought, it should become clear what this statement is purporting to be.

Wooted by:

#17 2018-08-03 14:14:56

soniiiety

ok the reason they do this, is because forms is dying and need some drama. could even say revive me. I am NOT dead!

just having a break after i got banned from bedwars on discord. so far I am on a discord server where I belong called

APEX TV AND THEORIES AND DREAMS AND WE TALK ABOUT FUN STUFF AND ABOUT FUN THINGS< WE ALSO DO TIME TRAVELING

#18 2018-08-03 14:25:57

hummerz5

It's quite strange indeed. I've cleaned up a portion of it.

#19 2018-08-03 14:45:16

minam

hummerz5 wrote:

I want to know what this disclaimer would count as from the mods' perspective.
Is this spam or raid, or is just somewhat acceptable?

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#20 2018-08-03 14:50:05

Kirby

minam wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

It counts as a disclaimer bro

#21 2018-08-03 16:36:42

hummerz5

minam wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

As I see it, it's spam. Not raid status as they seemed to humor us with tepid messages accompanying the large block of text.

At the same time, it's the same block of irrelevant text posted repeatedly across many topics that don't relate to that block. Kinda like if I went around advertising my Discord channel. Or tying every thread back to politics in the U.S..

#22 2018-08-03 17:39:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

Kinda like if I went around advertising my Discord channel. Or tying every thread back to politics in the U.S..

Except it's not

Discord: jawp#5123

#23 2018-08-03 18:07:42

Filip2005
Website

Normie texters WON !

W   E        W    O    N

I am Filip and I like women.

#24 2018-08-03 22:41:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

Filip2005 is a fiend wrote:

Normie texters WON !

W   E        W    O    N

It's funny how he says that because the people who were doing it were banned, but then he got banned himself.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#25 2018-08-04 10:43:52

peace

forum admin posted so its fixed orso so lock

peace.png

peace1533375832718060

Board footer