Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-03 12:39:12

Sillyface
Website

Include a new offerwall as a way of earning gems

So, as a long time player of EE back in the day I remember there was the SuperRewards offerwall and payment platform, which allowed users to complete offers to earn gems or buy gems with SMS.
However, EE pulled this feature ages ago since it was not actually rewarding users with their gems after paying for gems with SMS.

I personally loved this feature when it worked though, as it allowed users to get free gems which otherwise can cost money, and I think I have found a way in which it could be added back alternatively without any issues:

Player.io supports integration for the "Persona.ly" offer wall (see https://playerio.com/documentation/serv … personaly).

Here's what it looks like:
hBMddf1i.png

It has really nice and clean designs, and even supports completing surveys as a way of earning, which are really effective as a whole and can earn you a lot. I have never had any issues on past websites with earning from this offer wall, and it always rewards me.

As a user of other survey sites before I have had excellent experiences earning with Persona.ly and I think it may even be the best offer wall out there for earning with. I would LOVE to see this added to EE as a way of earning gems, as it takes a long time to get them just from doing campaigns, and of course there is a limit to the amount you can earn from campaigns too.

Anyway, I hope EE experiment around with this offer wall, and I look forward to seeing if it ever gets added to the game!

Thanks!

8zw0twam.png

#2 2018-08-03 12:51:18

peace

Re: Include a new offerwall as a way of earning gems

yeah well now they only ue paypal as i asume (never actualy bought gems) maby use more payment things so more people coudl buy gems and completing offres is also nice

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-08-03 14:14:09

Anatoly

You should receive gems only by playing EE, not by anything else.

Wooted by:

#4 2018-08-03 14:19:28

XxAtillaxX

I don't think it's really a good idea to lure children into completing surveys which often require them to fill out fairly personal information and install dodgy software just to obtain gems. A bit unethical, and possibly illegal without a disclaimer under UK law.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2018-08-03 14:55:18, last edited by Sillyface (2018-08-03 14:58:42)

Sillyface
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I don't think it's really a good idea to lure children into completing surveys which often require them to fill out fairly personal information and install dodgy software just to obtain gems. A bit unethical, and possibly illegal without a disclaimer under UK law.

Surveys will screen out users who are under legal ages for getting information from, and Persona.ly itself requires users to complete a profile of themselves before they can get any surveys, therefore meaning that they will not have any surveys to begin with after filling in their age, if they are under the legal age for having this information collected.

Anatoly wrote:

You should receive gems only by playing EE, not by anything else.

I disagree. Completing offers via an offer wall is a great way to support the developers, without spending money on the game. Gems are a way of supporting the developers specifically, and do not grant any in-game advantages, only cosmetics. Therefore, I don't see a problem with receiving gems this way as it still supports the devs via commision.

8zw0twam.png

#6 2018-08-03 20:40:04

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:

ahem kong uses the same way to get kreds and kong is what? right a platform where game developers can develop their game and ANYone can play them and i think mostly childeren will do so... also now they are only selling gems wiht money what if a child acidentaly buys gems now? think twice here

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#7 2018-08-03 22:44:19

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

ahem kong uses the same way to get kreds and kong is what? right a platform where game developers can develop their game and ANYone can play them and i think mostly childeren will do so... also now they are only selling gems wiht money what if a child acidentaly buys gems now? think twice here

Kongregate is generally targeted at an adult audience.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#8 2018-08-04 09:45:31, last edited by Sillyface (2018-08-04 09:48:33)

Sillyface
Website

minimania wrote:
peace wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Kongregate is generally targeted at an adult audience.

Still, EE has had this system in place in the past, and there were no problems then at all, even with the much wider audience EE had. Generally, now there is an older audience of people who used to play the game years ago, and still any survey will filter out anyone who is not legally able to complete surveys (which I believe is 16 years old at a minimum) and therefore it should be OK. As well as that, even if they WEREN'T filtered out, I highly doubt that most younger children would have the attention span long enough to complete a full survey accurately, and would probably still get filtered out for inaccurate answers, even if they did fake their age or anything, as surveys often require consistent data to make sure you are legally qualified for market research, and that you are not lying about your age or other personal info.

And, once again, completing these offers will still support the developers, and help them get paid for doing what they love, whicih will always help out EE, and the future of EE with the rEEboot.

8zw0twam.png

Sillyface1533372331718049

Board footer