Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-24 04:10:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

How to build a world

Could somebody give me some tips on how to build a modern looking world in EE? I'm looking to get better as a world builder and could use a few pointers.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2018-07-24 04:13:04

hummerz5

Re: How to build a world

hi! not to be pedantic, but you're looking for World Creation, not Worlds.  Worlds is Rooms--done things. World Creation is Levels Creation--making things.

ok, I guess categorization is intrinsically pedantic. moving nonetheless

#3 2018-07-24 04:14:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

hummerz5 wrote:

hi! not to be pedantic, but you're looking for World Creation, not Worlds.  Worlds is Rooms--done things. World Creation is Levels Creation--making things.

ok, I guess categorization is intrinsically pedantic. moving nonetheless

Sorry about that
Question still stands though

21cZxBv.png

#4 2018-07-24 04:59:58, last edited by Norwee (2018-07-24 05:00:35)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

It’s kind of hard to answer this question since many people have different opinions on what constitutes an quote: "modern" level. Do you mean just having a bunch of those Lictor-tunnels wherein one is speeding through gravity arrow tunnels by rapidly shifting the arrow keys and graphics being simple looking, very blocky minimap art? I think that’s whats considered "modern" in the EE community nowadays, though to be perfectly honest i think these worlds are a piece of cr**. But many people like them for some reason.
If you want to make subjectively "good levels" you should really just build whatever you think is cool or creative, personally i don’t really care that much about what is "modern" as long as it’s enjoyable to play/make.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-07-24 05:47:33

Minimania
Moderation Team

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It’s kind of hard to answer this question since many people have different opinions on what constitutes an quote: "modern" level. Do you mean just having a bunch of those Lictor-tunnels wherein one is speeding through gravity arrow tunnels by rapidly shifting the arrow keys and graphics being simple looking, very blocky minimap art? I think that’s whats considered "modern" in the EE community nowadays, though to be perfectly honest i think these worlds are a piece of cr**. But many people like them for some reason.
If you want to make subjectively "good levels" you should really just build whatever you think is cool or creative, personally i don’t really care that much about what is "modern" as long as it’s enjoyable to play/make.

Fair point, but what do you personally consider enjoyable to play?

21cZxBv.png

#6 2018-07-24 05:53:20

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

minimania wrote:

how about actually playable maps that can be done within a reasonable amount of time and aren't only able to be done by tryhards only

#7 2018-07-24 05:55:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
minimania wrote:

how about actually playable maps that can be done within a reasonable amount of time and aren't only able to be done by tryhards only

I'm getting the feeling you're here more to express your discontent with the way some worlds are built rather than to actually help me

21cZxBv.png

#8 2018-07-24 05:57:05

SirJosh3917

minimania wrote:

I'm getting the feeling you're here more to express your discontent with the way some worlds are built rather than to actually help me

i'm showing you where other worlds have gone wrong

#9 2018-07-24 06:17:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
minimania wrote:

I'm not asking what's wrong, I'm asking what's right

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-07-24 06:19:18

SirJosh3917

what's right is not wrong

#11 2018-07-24 06:22:24

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

You just experiment woth different blocks

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#12 2018-07-24 07:51:20

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

minimania wrote:
ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
minimania wrote:

I'm not asking what's wrong, I'm asking what's right

Right in my opnion>
Do not repeat minigames
Focus in gameplay, art and design, you can choose the order, I already uses design, gameplay, art to build.
Do not make many minigames one behind the other, add minis between them.
Look what is your better style to build,
Simple like the Sensei1 worlds ( and no, simple not means it is bad, Sensei1 worlds are incredibles as example )
Medium like the Ravatroll worlds
Advanced like Master1 and Kiraninja worlds
Or your own style like CommanderKitten and Unau.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

#13 2018-07-24 08:04:41

Kira

You have to find your own style Mini whether It's art or the game play itself after all, this game is a sandbox, so It's all up to you. Almost everything is possible to remake in EE, why is why this is such a great game.

Before actually creating a world, you should decide on a few things:

-Difficulty
-Theme

-What can you relate to the theme? For example, you decide to create a cave with roller coasters. The game play could simply be a race player versus player with generic cave art.

-Game play: According to the theme, or even the story if you decide to add one, how should the player visualize, play and experience your level?
Let's take Endless Pain for example. The concept is quite simple: You are in a sea of inescapable pool of spikes and you have to go through the unique path that is given to you. It's tough, and it really messes with your mind after enduring quite a few deaths.

Now that you have decided on all of these, you can start making your level. Of course, the more experience you get in level making, the easier it becomes to make them. Training is the key to success. You shouldn't hesitate to fail and create garbage. Everyone started from there. Everyone.

Hope that helped, Good luck!

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2018-07-24 22:16:19

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kira wrote:

You have to find your own style Mini whether It's art or the game play itself after all, this game is a sandbox, so It's all up to you. Almost everything is possible to remake in EE, why is why this is such a great game.

Before actually creating a world, you should decide on a few things:

-Difficulty
-Theme

-What can you relate to the theme? For example, you decide to create a cave with roller coasters. The game play could simply be a race player versus player with generic cave art.

-Game play: According to the theme, or even the story if you decide to add one, how should the player visualize, play and experience your level?
Let's take Endless Pain for example. The concept is quite simple: You are in a sea of inescapable pool of spikes and you have to go through the unique path that is given to you. It's tough, and it really messes with your mind after enduring quite a few deaths.

Now that you have decided on all of these, you can start making your level. Of course, the more experience you get in level making, the easier it becomes to make them. Training is the key to success. You shouldn't hesitate to fail and create garbage. Everyone started from there. Everyone.

Hope that helped, Good luck!

Thank you for the advice, Kira, it really helps!

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

PTU

Minimania1532466979715842

Board footer