Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-11 23:27:20, last edited by Yonanoke (2018-07-12 05:05:04)

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Reboot - Some Ideas

Ok, before you say anything I came here after think much, very much for those suggestions, then let's go :

Worlds

Everyone knows that the biggest problem in actual EE is the limit size, but in Reboot we hope they fix it, after that is will be possible add worlds with more sizes, big ones!

Is just simple understand, if they add worlds with more size will be possible make better worlds, worlds with systems and transitions, in-game ones or in-map, well, infinite possibilites.

Then the point of suggestion is just, add more worlds sizes to REBOOT! 500x400, 500x500, 600x600, 636x463, 300x600, 600x300...

Editor Mode

Another Suggestion I want give is about the editor of world, seriously many people in many times of EE suggested tools to make faster the worlds or anything, I will suggest the same thing but now with a mode that's can be enable and disable.
This mode will have tools like Art Softwares:
Simple Tools

Pen Tool - With option to increase the size or decrease

Different Forms:
Oval
Rectangle

Bucket Tool - To fill a limited place.

Rectangular Selection - Select a place to move / copy.

Oval Selection - Select a oval place to move / copy.

Zoom - Zoom-in or Zoom-out all the map.

Connect Line - Point X and point Y, then makes a line.

Spline Curve - Point X and point Y, then makes a curved line.

Rectangle - Makes a rectangle form.

Filled Rectangle - Makes a filled rectangle.

Oval - Makes an oval form.

Filled Oval - Makes a filled oval.

Advance Tools

Tie - Mark a place.

Grid - Shows a grid 1x1.
Already have lol.

Custom Grid - Shows a custom grid ?x?.

Text
Draw a text with option to change the Size / Fonts of EE.

Blocks

Ok now, the most important suggestion of this topic is the question about blocks.

Blocks? Yes blocks, backgrounds, decorations, action blocks, anything related to IDS, the suggestion is just build what the player wants.

Ok, let's me explain this:

Actually in EE we have a pallete of many blocks, nice and for some people is much, but for the other ones?
Well, is just simple understand, we want create too! But not only 2 blocks, 3 blocks or 4 blocks we want create like 10-15 blocks, 10-15 backgrounds, 10-15 decorations for make better worlds.
Just imagine people making worlds with many sprites, styles and different gameplays?
I know that's everyone one day thinked in create a block, a background or a decoration to improve his world.

"Ahh you said that but and the trolls one? They will make sh*** in sprites and ruins everything.

They will not ruins worlds of other persons, they will ruins their worlds, also they can create sh*** with actual blocks, so nothing will changes with the new ones.

Rules
Pallete of blocks
Remember, it's just a suggestion, those rules can be easily broke by an admin.
Energy to buy each block: 3000 Max : 10
Energy to buy each background : 2500 - Max : 10
Energy to buy each decoration : 1500 - Max : 10
New decorations will stay in decorations tab.
New blocks will stay in blocks tab.
New backgrounds will stay in backgrounds tab.

If is the first time of player clicking in the "new block/decoration/background" will appears a small tutorial showing to him how create the first block:
• Will have three forms to Player choose one.
• The tutorial will say to him how choose the colors showing to him a small pallete with 8/16 colors, red, blue, main ones.
• The tutorial will say to him how save the block, clear, copy or paste.
• Then the tutorial will say to him "build his block" then save.
• When the player saves the tutorial finish.

Have 9 forms in total, you can change the form in anytime but will shows a advice that every block of world will change too and if the player accept click Yes or no click No. Like the clear tool one.
Block 16x16
Half 8x8 Down
Half 8x8 Up
Half 8x8 Left
Half 8x8 Right
Stairs 16x8x4 Down
Stairs 16x8x4 Up
Stairs 16x8x4 Left
Stairs 16x8x4 Right

Example: fasfasf.gif

Have a pallete of 58 colors in Block Editor.
Have a pallete showing the last colors used in Block Editor.
Have an optiont o increase | decrease the transparency of color.
Have a space to put the color using RGB Value, ex: #8F6331
Have an option to use a mix of color like the Background Options.

Only the Hoster can use this block.

Example: Image6.png
Note: Not need be so big like this example.

Well it is, some suggestions, some examples, some time wasted creating this topic and examples sooo, thanks for read all and sorry for all issues in English, I'm brazilian and tried much here ;)

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-07-11 23:45:12

Andymakeer

Re: Reboot - Some Ideas

altough the pallete idea is cool, i think EE right now encourages us to use our creativity and build visuals using blocks that no one would expect, and that is a sandbox design that all good sandboxers have.

for the building tools, please, we need'em

F

Wooted by:

#3 2018-07-12 03:47:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

I think allowing for a block editor would fix all the issues I had with the idea of a reboot, so I give you my support for this.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#4 2018-07-12 04:40:08, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-07-12 04:42:54)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

We appreciate the suggestions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile - I can't comment much on them, but I can confirm certain things we've already announced.

Yonanoke wrote:

Add more worlds sizes to REBOOT!

The plan at the moment is that people would just buy "worlds" rather than specific sizes, and people would have customization over the specific size they want, so you could just type that your world size is 500x400 or whatever you want. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - There'll most likely be some sort of upper limit to this though.

Yonanoke wrote:

Editor Mode

This mode will have tools like Art Softwares

For the most part, Everybody Edits is more designed with the intention of promoting gameplay with art as a secondary element of it, so it's pretty unlikely we'll be including many of these at all, but the most common requested feature from your list is to be able to fill areas, so this is something we're at least considering. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Yonanoke wrote:

Grid - Shows a grid 1x1.

Pretty sure there's technically already a 1x1 grid. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Yonanoke wrote:

Text

Sadly, this is still the internet, and moderation would become a lot harder if we allow Labels (the staff text option) for everyone, so we don't currently plan on releasing text, but you can still use signs and NPCs. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yonanoke wrote:

Blocks

Well, is just simple understand, we want create too! But not only 2 blocks, 3 blocks or 4 blocks we want create like 10-15 blocks, 10-15 backgrounds, 10-15 decorations for make better worlds.

I did read everything you wrote here, and appreciate the amount of thought put into them, but we did have the Design Contest last year, which was sort of an experiment to see how well this would work. Even though many good blocks were produced, there were a few highly offensive blocks created as well, and it was hard enough to moderate that, let alone trying to moderate everyone creating their own blocks all the time.

It's a reasonable suggestion to make, and there are many people out there that I'm sure would use such a system responsibly, but even without people using it inappropriately, there's also the matter of generally keeping the charm and feel of the Everybody Edits artistic style with its blocks. Nevertheless, there may be further contests during the reboot in which people may be able to produce some excellent new blocks which could end up in the game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Still, food for thought - Thanks for making the suggestions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#5 2018-07-12 05:31:10

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Xenonetix wrote:

Sadly, this is still the internet, and moderation would become a lot harder if we allow Labels (the staff text option) for everyone, so we don't currently plan on releasing text, but you can still use signs and NPCs.

Couldn't you just add a filter? And is there an actual difference between signs/NPCs than Text?

#6 2018-07-12 05:34:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

Xenonetix wrote:

Sadly, this is still the internet, and moderation would become a lot harder if we allow Labels (the staff text option) for everyone, so we don't currently plan on releasing text, but you can still use signs and NPCs.

Isn't this why there's a report command?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#7 2018-07-12 05:37:39

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

Still, food for thought

What are you trying to say?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#8 2018-07-12 05:45:06, last edited by Yonanoke (2018-07-12 05:45:50)

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Thanks for all awnsers Xenonetix : ), I'll awnser a thing :

Xenonetix wrote:

Even though many good blocks were produced, there were a few highly offensive blocks created as well, and it was hard enough to moderate that, let alone trying to moderate everyone creating their own blocks all the time.

And the good producers of good blocks? You will limit them to not create any blocks, any ideas, good ideas!
And yes I know is hard to moderate them but again, they can draw many offensive things with actual EE, so why care about this too?
Also if is so hard to moderate you can just create a "whitelist" of players which is allow use those blocks, completing compaigns, contests every week which the 1st, 2nd, 3rd players win they can use those blocks, idk but have many things you can do to "decrease" the offensive blocks. Well it is.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

#9 2018-07-12 06:10:55, last edited by azurepudding (2018-07-12 06:17:39)

azurepudding

Xenonetix wrote:
Yonanoke wrote:

Text

Sadly, this is still the internet, and moderation would become a lot harder if we allow Labels (the staff text option) for everyone, so we don't currently plan on releasing text, but you can still use signs and NPCs. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I thought the issue with text tool for EE was potential lag with enough messages written. 

As for your point.. I mean, there's nothing stopping someone writing out inappropriate words with blocks, or drawing something obscene.  I think a disclaimer would come handy, as some games do, that warn the player that the game's not responsible for user-made content, however there will still be an effort in removing inappropriate images/words/things.  There is a report user option, perhaps there should be a button to report a world as well.  It's kinda lame that we can't make use of this function because of a few bad apples, but I just disagree with that point, because to disallow text tool for that reason I think only harms the game more than it does protect, just as would removing the ability to place blocks because someone might draw a dinger.  It is simply the nature of a sandbox game that things like this may happen, but sandbox games should not cease to be because of this.

Azure2.png

#10 2018-07-12 07:53:19

Nexus221
Website

Enurp wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

Couldn't you just add a filter? And is there an actual difference between signs/NPCs than Text?

EE chat has a filter so why not use it in here?

Wooted by:

#11 2018-07-12 17:00:52

Kira

"Add bigger worlds"

Players can't even finish a 300x300 yet you want bigger worlds

"Editor Mode"

Yes, an easier and more interactive level editor would be greatly appreciated

"Label"

I honestly think great level makers should be gifted with label. It's such a waste not to be able to use it, label would greatly enhance the quality of a lot of worlds if used right.

"Blocks"

Custom made blocks? That's a yes. Under one condition though, it would need the approval of a moderator.

Wooted by:
Kira1531411252713990

Board footer