Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 16:02:14, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2018-07-03 16:37:20)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

suggestion to unlock "Mod Breaking EE Rules" and move to debates topic

it's ran off topic to the point where we we're debating about things like free speech and unequal-ban-lengths

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not sure i see the problem, can’t we have free speech? And that’s coming from the guy that created the "should religion be put into the fantasy section of the bookstore" topic. If you don’t like his religious worlds then just don’t enter them.

Master1 wrote:

Not sure how many times you or lizardfaces have been banned in the past, but I would assume you've been banned more often than he has. (consdering you still keep doing the same things.) It would only make since that the length of the ban gets longer on repeat offenses.

seems like a pretty interesting debate to continue IMO

Wooted by:

#2 2018-07-03 16:32:39

LukeM
Website

Re: suggestion to unlock "Mod Breaking EE Rules" and move to debates topic

We already had a load of topics debating whether or not the creation of religious debate worlds is allowed (unless they were all locked), if there is any more discussion to be had I'd say go and do it there.

#3 2018-07-03 16:34:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I agree that the topic should be unlocked, or just split with one topic being unlocked. "oh my god STOP we've closed like twenty of your topics so far" isn't a compelling reason to lock the topic. AK712 didn't even get a chance to respond...

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2018-07-03 16:37:14

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

N1KF wrote:

I agree that the topic should be unlocked, or just split with one topic being unlocked. "oh my god STOP we've closed like twenty of your topics so far" isn't a compelling reason to lock the topic. AK712 didn't even get a chance to respond...

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

we're debating about things like free speech and unequal-ban-lengths

#5 2018-07-03 16:38:23, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-07-03 16:39:22)

Raphe9000

I did want to comment on Kira's comment because I found it very intriguing. I had unlocked it for me actually, but I was in the midst of contributing to the EE history topic and completely missed the time I had.

I'll post my comment here if anything just because I do feel it brought up some interesting points.

Kira wrote:

Alright, he's annoying with his religion and he's clearly in the violation of rules, is that a reason to verbally assault him?

On a basis of rules, no. You don't verbally insult someone even for that. However, on a basis of human behavior, it is just meeting extremes with extremes. That doesn't justify it, but it is predictable and standard behavior. It's like how drastically different political parties are; an extreme in one direction prompts an extreme in the opposite direction. Personally, I believe AK is doing this for attention of his religion. For all I know, he could be trying to spread a message in a way he believes in right (like those Jehovah's witnesses at everyone's door), or he could be the game's current biggest troll. If he truly wants to be respected, he should just go about his life normally, letting his beliefs positively impact others around him by living by them instead of preaching them. I'm friends with Christians and satanists alike that shut up and only let their religion decide their lives, not mine.

How should we go about this in the future? Well, verbal attacks aren't the answer, even if I don't condemn them in this case, of course. If he keeps doing this, reporting him is definitely the quickest and easiest way to deal with the situation, even if he turns it into an exposé on staff instead of just PMing one with with question. All the staff members are good, and Zoey, lrussel, and Phina are no exceptions. I created a parody world called - The Onlyer Way just to highlight how extreme he's being myself. Also, since he is all about religious freedom, it's fine to throw in a, "Hail satan," though I'm sure it doesn't help that previously mentioned never-ending cycle of meeting extremes with extremes.

Oh and:

N1KF wrote:

Technically, he's had plenty of chances with all his topics. That being said, splitting it and having the conversation unlocked does sound like a good idea.

Edit: For context, I typed my response up before it was locked the first time but tried to post it after.

#6 2018-07-03 16:38:29, last edited by Norwee (2018-07-03 17:05:11)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I don’t think any users on EE should be banned for their world content. Of course this might depend case to case, but for religious worlds i feel it’s pretty harmless. If you think the world is offensive or annoying then stay out of it... It’s simple. While i agree that excessive advertising on forums can be annoying, the solution in that case is to ban him on the forums. NOT ON EE.
The decision to ban him for 1 week just because he made an religiously themed world is wrong, and i don’t know why Zoey specifically asked him to stop. It sounds really fascist if you ask me. Not the sort of attitude i’d stay behind.
Would an "atheist" world get me banned from EE Zoey? No? Yes? Why single AK out specifically?
Let me remind you that your previous offenses has not gone unnoticed:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=35062

You are treading a dangerous path Zoey.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#7 2018-07-03 16:56:01, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-07-03 16:58:38)

hummerz5

that topic's really mangled into a mesh of "well, here's what I think about ak712, and here's what I think about unequal ban lengths" -- the latter is why I wasn't the one to lock it.

If you guys want to debate that aspect, I welcome you to ponder that if you can keep ak712 out of it. A discussion of policy as opposed to person, if you will

edit: the previous ones were probably locked on the same grounds of "don't complain about your bans here." This rule is generally a good idea when considering how most complaints are people unwilling to accept that they are in the wrong about rules that aren't so contentious.

edit 2: ^ your flair for the dramatic makes your points more difficult to gauge, and harder to take seriously. I'm confused

Wooted by:

#8 2018-07-03 17:11:37

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Thank you for the compliment Hummerz bby. I’m flattered.(≧∇≦)

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)
Norwee1530634297712747

Board footer