Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-04-03 05:30:36

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Re: Some news from ByteArray about the reboot

Raphe9000 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
ThuggishPrune wrote:

I'm part of the community and never thought a reboot would be a bad idea. Why are you speaking for everyone?

But you're not the community.

Which is why he's not trying to speak for the community.

But Kira isn't wrong because ThuggishPrune disagrees. His point is also 100% invalid because everyone =/= community as a community's decisions are based on votes or a consensus.

Kira does have a point with "buh my hard work doe", however speaking for the community makes his opinion moot in that post.

#52 2018-04-03 06:57:02

peace

Raphe9000 wrote:

Worlds can be remade, and we have too many horrible blocks. In this game, personality is reflected a lot through smileys and crews. Just keep those from the old game, and a reboot is good. If not, it's not remotely the same game. It seems simple to me. Like I said earlier in an admittedly unclear way, let us keep smileys like fanboys, contest smileys, supermen, artists, and a few of the good ones via a transfer system, and just allow crew names & members to be transferred. Then, I don't really see anything wrong with a reboot.

worlds can be reade? check again how many worlds i have

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#53 2018-04-03 07:53:28

RavaTroll

It's going to be great.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#54 2018-04-03 09:18:03

Onjit
Website

I support a full reboot but only if they add vision blockers

:.|:;

#55 2018-04-03 09:35:59

kreacher

So seven years of hard work down the drain to be left on a website left unmaintained. Just move all the worlds over and create big updates, but not physics ones so that it doesnt change the previous worlds. It will still become more popular because its off of flash and big new updates would keep more players and invite more players into the EE community.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#56 2018-04-03 11:05:58

Raphe9000

ThuggishPrune wrote:

however speaking for the community makes his opinion moot in that post.

Thing is he is saying something that's true. I don't 100% agree with it anymore, but I am not the community as a whole.

peace wrote:

They can still be remade... It's not like you have the hardest to make worlds anyway tbh.

#57 2018-04-03 11:59:18

Schlog

Onjit wrote:

I support a full reboot but only if they add vision blockers

thats probably doable outside of flash

Wooted by:

#58 2018-04-03 12:52:04

kreacher

Raphe9000 wrote:
ThuggishPrune wrote:

however speaking for the community makes his opinion moot in that post.

Thing is he is saying something that's true. I don't 100% agree with it anymore, but I am not the community as a whole.

peace wrote:

They can still be remade... It's not like you have the hardest to make worlds anyway tbh.

they cant be remade if the physics is changed so physics shouldnt be changed.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#59 2018-04-03 12:57:24

skullz17

I love this, this pretty much fits my vision for a reboot. I am really glad you guys are willing to leave behind old data. Don't worry about the people who don't want their "work to go to waste". It would be ideal to keep flash EE up and running without any updates, but even if you don't, I really don't think it matters much. If you truly want EE to be successful, then you should focus on making the reboot the best it can be. I feel like the old players will move on to the reboot anyway, despite being unhappy about losing their worlds, because they're obviously quite attached to this game. Even if some old players leave, your plan should be to start attracting new players to the reboot anyway. Then you need to make sure they stay. That's the tricky part. Make sure you get it right. Good luck!

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (4)

#60 2018-04-03 13:31:52

John

My good pal ?iels and I were thinking of like a block remapper, so old worlds could be migrated. Not sure if that's a good idea or not as the physics engine should be modified. People who have left could who have really good worlds could maybe just be migrated to a classic account. I believe LukeM found an inconsistency with boosts while he was making a JavaScript Client too, which is another incentive to move away.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#61 2018-04-03 13:40:35, last edited by LukeM (2018-04-03 13:41:30)

LukeM
Website

John wrote:

My good pal ?iels and I were thinking of like a block remapper, so old worlds could be migrated. Not sure if that's a good idea or not as the physics engine should be modified. People who have left could who have really good worlds could maybe just be migrated to a classic account. I believe LukeM found an inconsistency with boosts while he was making a JavaScript Client too, which is another incentive to move away.

Theres probably hundreds of inconsistancies, so yes I agree that the physics definately need to be redone, its just they shouldn't be changed for the sake of being changed, imo they should try to keep them as close to the original as possible (while fixing all the annoying quirks that make developing / playing the game frustrating).

#62 2018-04-03 15:55:47

den3107

LukeM wrote:
John wrote:

Theres probably hundreds of inconsistancies, so yes I agree that the physics definately need to be redone, its just they shouldn't be changed for the sake of being changed, imo they should try to keep them as close to the original as possible (while fixing all the annoying quirks that make developing / playing the game frustrating).

For the current original game yes, I agree. Don't break anything.

For a reboot. Don't limit yourself.
Maybe people are fine with how the current physics work, but that doesn't mean they can't be better. The reboot can create way more intuitive or pleasant physics.
Sure, some people will rage and stick to the old game, not wanting to lose their (broken on the reboot) worlds. Some will move over to the reboot.
Some of those people that move over migrate their old worlds and try to modify them. Some will create new worlds.
Eventually there will be worlds on the reboot! Yay! Now everybody can go on the reboot to play, and since more people come to play on the reboot, might as well help create worlds there instead of on the old game!

P.S. Obviously it's hypothetical, but I do believe this is a likely result of a reboot, when it breaks physics and maybe removes old/introduces new features.

#63 2018-04-03 16:13:26

LukeM
Website

I guess for me its not that I dont want my old worlds to be broken (I don't really care), its that if they do change physics theres a lot that can go wrong... If they are better (and there are a good number of features), then good, ill move over, but if they change it enough that it doesn't feel right anymore, then I'm sticking with the current EE until things are fixed

#64 2018-04-03 16:30:14

Gosha

LukeM wrote:

I guess for me its not that I dont want my old worlds to be broken (I don't really care), its that if they do change physics theres a lot that can go wrong... If they are better (and there are a good number of features), then good, ill move over, but if they change it enough that it doesn't feel right anymore, then I'm sticking with the current EE until things are fixed

I am pretty sure you've seen how bad ee physics in the code. It's just a hardcoded mess. I think we should try to make completely different was of handling physics, but it should look nearly the same in gameplay

Wooted by:

#65 2018-04-03 16:39:01

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I am pretty sure you've seen how bad ee physics in the code. It's just a hardcoded mess. I think we should try to make completely different was of handling physics, but it should look nearly the same in gameplay

Ok phew, yes, I would agree with that, it just started to sound like you were thinking of redoing them and not really caring about them staying close to the old physics.

IMO they should be close enough that they are at least hard to distinguish between. Changes to how quirky features work would be fine, but I dont think I'd like large changes to things like gravity / jump height / overall speed.

#66 2018-04-03 17:17:26

peace

just cary over old owrld even if they break by minor chnages carry over old blocks too and smileys form ol dplayers by makign gthe reboot also try to make i tpossible to add ne sort of blocks like ramps and make a good fix for half blocks and allow us to stadn inbetween 2 bloks exactly ( like falling through 2 half blocks)

peace.png

Wooted by: (3)

#67 2018-04-03 17:25:05, last edited by MartenM (2018-04-03 17:27:23)

MartenM
Website

peace wrote:

just cary over old owrld even if they break by minor chnages carry over old blocks too and smileys form ol dplayers by makign gthe reboot also try to make i tpossible to add ne sort of blocks like ramps and make a good fix for half blocks and allow us to stadn inbetween 2 bloks exactly ( like falling through 2 half blocks)

To jou evn spel?
Seriously, just look at your post a second time before you post it.

If it was that simple to transfer the worlds they would do it. But the reboot will have major changes in physics and blocks.
It's not even sure if all of the blocks will be in the reboot. Also The biggest problem is that when you transfer the worlds, people WILL start complaining about the worlds not working properly anymore.

I bet that most of the 'I do not want to lose my worlds' people will be fast to forget their old worlds and start creating new ones.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#68 2018-04-03 20:47:33

peace

MartenM wrote:
peace wrote:

To jou evn spel?

If it was that simple to transfer the worlds they would do it. But the reboot will have major changes in physics and blocks.
It's not even sure if all of the blocks will be in the reboot. Also The biggest problem is that when you transfer the worlds, people WILL start complaining about the worlds not working properly anymore.

I bet that most of the 'I do not want to lose my worlds' people will be fast to forget their old worlds and start creating new ones.

eh nope and just carry over th eblock that will be in the reboot and chnage th ene woenes that replaces the old block id i have 200+ worlds full fo work gone cuz of reboot so carry mine over thanks

peace.png

Wooted by:

#69 2018-04-03 20:54:31

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Yea they should chnage th ene woenes that replaces the old block. I agree 100%.

#70 2018-04-03 20:55:48

Joeyc

if we get reboot, can we get fanboys

#71 2018-04-03 21:00:05

Anak

peace wrote:
MartenM wrote:

To jou evn spel?

eh nope

Mood

#72 2018-04-03 21:03:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

MartenM wrote:
peace wrote:

To jou evn spel?

His spelling is almost perfect in game... I literally do not understand peace at all.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#73 2018-04-03 21:08:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

peace wrote:

Just carry over old worlds, even if they break by minor changes. Carry over old blocks too, and smileys from old players by making the reboot. Also try to make it possible to add new sort of blocks like ramps, and make a good fix for half blocks and allow us to stand inbetween 2 blocks exactly (like falling through 2 half blocks).

Fixed

#74 2018-04-03 22:22:42

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:
peace wrote:

Just carry over old worlds, even if they break by minor changes. Carry over old blocks too, and smileys from old players by making the reboot. Also try to make it possible to add new sort of blocks like ramps, and make a good fix for half blocks and allow us to stand inbetween 2 blocks exactly (like falling through 2 half blocks).

Fixed

They actually make a few good points if you have a decryption software. Not caring if old worlds break if we get them in the reboot, keeping old players' smileys, and allowing improved/new mechanics I all agree with.

#75 2018-04-03 23:46:51, last edited by ByteArray (2018-04-03 23:47:12)

ByteArray

The thing to consider about bringing over levels is: Do we really want to take a fresh new game, that's supposed to revive the core concepts of EE, and fill it with a massive number of broken and mangled levels? I feel like that would greatly hurt the game's potential... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Of course I'm all for people manually carrying over levels, and potentially automating the process a little with bots! There are a lot of great levels that could probably be fairly easily ported to the reboot, with minimal changes to adapt to the different blocks and slightly different physics. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

den31071522853666701610

Board footer