Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#26 2018-03-14 15:35:15

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq
From: Mars
Joined: 2016-03-22
Posts: 768

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

Mait wrote:

No, i disagree with you oray, As soon as you agree to use the world as a campaign world, the staff have a complete power over the world, its your decision will you ''sell'' the world for fame i guess, but after you sell it, the world isn't yours anymore, you only get credit.

Gosha already replied long time ago and I wooted it as agreement.


Gosha wrote:
Oray wrote:
Gosha wrote:

That world is part of the campaign, to make it playable they have to fix it.
When they add your world to the campaign you lose your right to edit it.

Might've agreed, but the world is still on his name, I think they should ask him before editing his level -unless he left the game already-, the level on his name, so if a minigame got edited and players found it trash after it got fixed or edited they'd blame the owner instead of the staff team, lictor didn't leave the game, they should've asked him before, he could've found a better solution for that minigame, or he maybe don't want to edit it, so I still think it's the owner's decision.

What should they do? Fix unplayable campaign world or ask world creator to edit it? What if he won't agree? Leave the world unplayable?

Let me remind you:

Nou in Campaign world user agreement wrote:

1: You are locked out of your world
    - Lose edit rights
    - Lose kicking rights

The whole problem of "STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF" can be solved by 1 line of the original agreement

Nou in Campaign world user agreement wrote:

2: The staff has the right to make any edits

EDIT: source

Offline

#27 2018-03-14 16:41:20, last edited by peace (2018-03-14 16:45:31)

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,013

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

also you get a new free equialy sized world back

EDIT:
Campaign world user agreement.
Hi!
Congratulations! Your level has been selected to be part of a campaign. However, to make a world part of a campaign, some changes in rights have to be made. Of course, we will only make it part of a campaign if you allow us to do so, because it has some consequences for you and your world:

1: You are locked out of your world
    - Lose edit rights
    - Lose kicking rights

In order to make it fair for everyone, you will lose most rights you would have in your own world. Instead, joining the world would make it seem like you are in someone else's world. This way, you will have to beat the level like everyone else and others can't be teleported or given god mode to cheat their way to the end. However, once you have beaten your own world in the campaign, you will be given access to the powers of /givegod. This allows you to enter and exit godmode by pressing G, without the ability to edit. Note: in campaign mode you will only be given the powers to use it, not to give it to others!

2: You may request edit if really, really, REALLY, necessary
If a terrible exploit in a mini is found, you may request edit rights from one of the admins, who will then decide whether it is justified. Again, only if really, really, REALLY necessary.

3: Your name will still be there to credit you
It still says "By: X" so people will know who made it.

4: It will still be on your profile
It will stay on your profile because it's still your world.

5: You will be offered an empty world of equal size for compensation
You will get a free world of equal size of that to the world added to the campaign.
Furthermore, in order for your world to be added to a campaign, it must meet the following requirements:


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Online

#28 2018-03-14 17:42:57

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,861

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

peace wrote:

also you get a new free equialy sized world back

thank you for your contribution

Offline

Wooted by:

#29 2018-03-14 19:51:54

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

Yeah well that's what happens when you sign a paper without reading it. You get **** over and you end up looking like an idiot. No amount of whining will fix your mistake. That's life.

note: I do fully sympathise with people whose worlds were used without permission, because although there's that thing in the rules that says worlds are owned by admins or whatever, I agree there's a moral obligation to ask for permission. Also I'm pretty sure they have said somewhere that they will always ask for permission, so you would expect them to have some integrity. However, in the case of edits, it has been pretty well established since campaigns were added that you don't really own your world anymore once it is added into a campaign. I don't sympathise with anyone who completely ignores this fact and thinks they have the right to complain when small edits occur.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#30 2018-03-15 05:42:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

skullz17 wrote:

Yeah well that's what happens when you sign a paper without reading it. You get **** over and you end up looking like an idiot. No amount of whining will fix your mistake. That's life.

While whining doesn't usually fix mistakes, what about politely speaking up for your concerns? I think that would be a good choice.

Offline

#31 2018-03-15 17:54:30

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

N1KF wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Yeah well that's what happens when you sign a paper without reading it. You get **** over and you end up looking like an idiot. No amount of whining will fix your mistake. That's life.

While whining doesn't usually fix mistakes, what about politely speaking up for your concerns? I think that would be a good choice.

That's not my point. My point is, it is his mistake, not theirs. Whether you whine or speak politely, it doesn't matter. You will still be told that you gave signed permission and it's your fault if you didn't read the terms. The best choice is to just accept the consequences, move on and learn from your mistakes.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#32 2018-03-15 17:56:39

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

skullz17 wrote:

My point is, it is his mistake, not theirs. Whether you whine or speak politely, it doesn't matter. You will still be told that you gave signed permission and it's your fault if you didn't read the terms. The best choice is to just accept the consequences, move on and learn from your mistakes.

That may apply for professionals but this is a group of amateur staff members who often go back on their decisions when there's a big resistance to it.

Offline

#33 2018-03-15 18:03:30

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,956

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

There isn't a big resistance. Or there shouldn't be. They came to him and asked "Hey we really like what you did here, can we take it from you and make it an official part of the game? You'll still get 100% credit and we'll even compensate you for it, but it'll be our world if you agree."

The world became part of Everybody Edits, and if the staff makes changes to one part of the game that breaks other officially supported parts of the game (the campaigns), it's completely reasonable for them to immediately fix it so the entire game remains consistent and playable. It'd be nice if they then went and asked the creators "Okay we went and made a change to your world so people could still enjoy it, would you like to rework this in a different way?" but you can't fault them for fixing a bug in their game.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#34 2018-03-15 18:15:21, last edited by N1KF (2018-03-15 18:17:06)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

Different55 wrote:

There isn't a big resistance.

Yeah looking through this topic again it seems that most users here are siding with Gosha. My mistake. My point is that the Staff aren't professionals and often go back on the choices they make, so it's reasonable to speak up when you disagree with them.

Or there shouldn't be. They came to him and asked "Hey we really like what you did here, can we take it from you and make it an official part of the game? You'll still get 100% credit and we'll even compensate you for it, but it'll be our world if you agree."

I agree.

Offline

Wooted by:

#35 2018-03-15 18:36:00

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

N1KF wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

My point is, it is his mistake, not theirs. Whether you whine or speak politely, it doesn't matter. You will still be told that you gave signed permission and it's your fault if you didn't read the terms. The best choice is to just accept the consequences, move on and learn from your mistakes.

That may apply for professionals but this is a group of amateur staff members who often go back on their decisions when there's a big resistance to it.

If you mean that they might revert the edit, that's not what I mean by "fix your mistake". Whether they revert it or not, he should accept the fact that it was him who messed up. We could get into discussions about whether this particular edit was a good idea, whether it's fair for staff to edit campaign worlds without permission, etc. None of that changes the fact that it was his mistake.

It is absolutely okay to speak up when you disagree with staff. However, if there is a clear protocol in place that doesn't currently have any objections, then you cannot start blaming others for your own ignorance of that protocol. You can start a discussion about how that protocol can be changed, but that isn't what is happening in this topic.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#36 2018-03-16 23:34:15

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Re: STOP EDITING LEVEL THAT ISN4T YOURS STAFF

The staff does own every user generated material in this game, so the ownership of the level should not be a debate. It would be exceptional if they would have contacted you (I would have) but posting a topic about it is just idiotic. If I were you I would have copied the world into a new one, modify it how you would have and then propose changes to the staff. Seems better than creating all this drama.


PW

Offline

Wooted by: (4)
John1521239655699347

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1569058870.2111 - Generated in 0.051 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.48 MiB (Peak: 1.66 MiB) ]