Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-26 17:30:34

ByteArray

Why do I care about Everybody Edits?

Hey guys! For those who don't know, I do weekly "game dev logs" every Sunday on my YouTube channel. Well, yesterday I briefly mentioned the progress I'm making on my own game, and felt like talking about why I care about EE. I essentially talked about the reasons I have for continuing to push forward to create a better future for the game. Here's the video:

TLDW: I've been playing since September 2010, and I really feel like the game hasn't explored its full potential.

But there's actually more that contributes to my feelings about the game. I started playing around the time when I was getting more serious about learning to make my own games, And of course being about 10-11 years old, I didn't think too much about the monetary side of game development. But as I followed the development of EE, I learned that it was actually possible to make games for a living.

And I suppose I looked up to Chris Benjaminsen as a role model. I even made drawings at the time of me being a part of the team (some of which can be seen in the video). He had created a game that many people including myself enjoyed, and was able to make decent money doing it. I remember having very mixed feelings when he left the game, and that contributed to me playing the game less over time. Especially over recent years, I've felt that the game that had once inspired me was being mishandled, and being taken in a very different direction. I guess no one seemed to take the future of EE seriously, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it.

But even as I became distanced from the game, I kept being drawn right back to it. I even briefly ended up on the team at one point in 2015, but I was only 15 at the time and my game development skills weren't that great, so I was barely able to help with anything. I ended up drifting away from the game again, only occasionally playing around in the game with my brother Kentiya.

Recently, however, I felt like experimenting with HTML5 for game development and I thought it would be fun to recreate the "Old Everybody Edits" that was accessible at the time. I called it HaxEE (based on the tool I was using to make it), and ended up creating my own separate PlayerIO server and implementing the modern physics. When it was functional, I posted about it here on the forums. When people started playing it, I instantly found that people actually liked it. I guess it reminded them of a simpler time, back when EE wasn't so bloated and full of disconnected and unnecessary features. Sure it was missing some of the good stuff, but people saw potential in it. And I found that there were many people out there that felt the same way I did about the game.

They didn't want the game to die. And in some sense, many of us would rather go back to the old EE and restart from there, but this time in a better direction.

So I hope that helps to explain more of how I feel about the game.
I don't know for certain what the future holds, but I know a future for EE is possible. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

#2 2018-02-26 18:14:24

IanJanes

Re: Why do I care about Everybody Edits?

Well for someone I've never seen I can tell you're good for the community, game, and general well being here. I'm glad someone like you is around!

-Thanks

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-02-26 18:34:37

Anatoly

You talked about EE like EE is a part of your life.

Everyone is chaotic here, I agree.

#4 2018-02-26 18:36:44

Abelysk

AnatolyEE wrote:

A game developer's life is games. True words.

#5 2018-02-26 20:34:21, last edited by Guest. (2018-02-26 20:34:31)

Guest.

AnatolyEE wrote:

what??? game developer has been playing ee as long as he can remember and dares say ee is part of his life? unheard of

#6 2018-02-26 22:39:38

Kira

Hope in Everybody Edits is long gone. I played your game called blockworm or whatever the name was and actually saw a future in it, it doesn't lag, it's clean and looks fun to play.
I think you should focus on what really matters here.

sad to hear but true

this comes from an old optimistic right there

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-02-26 23:05:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i still cannot believe that you look identical to bruce

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#8 2018-02-26 23:58:41

Luka504

Zoey2070 wrote:

My god, the first thing I noticed in his video is how his chin looks like it can cut through diamonds like daaaamn.

On topic: It's really nice to see how passionate you are about what you do and that you are willing to do something to save EE, but I really feel that EE rn is just a hollowed out shell of it's former self and has no real chance to rise from the ashes.
I don't wanna sound like one of those ''Lol omg EE is so dead xDDD I remember when EE had a thousand players mrshoe lol'' people, but I really have to agree with them that this game used to have like a 1000 players at a time, and now it's a rarity for the online number to even reach triple digits. EE used to have such a sweet little charm to how simple it is, but nowadays all the optimism and hope from the past has been quashed by pretty much everything post-2013.
I believe we really need a reboot of EE. Since right now EE is in a state where it repels players. The first few minutes of joining EE are the absolute worst minutes of the entire game. Nothing makes sense, everything is complicated and the lag, my GOD THE LAG. A 16-bit 2D online game about smiley's and blocks shouldn't eat like 70% of my CPU. What the ****. It takes as much of my CPU as most 3D games I play.
TL;DR - Revamp ee because ee is in a **** position thanks

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#9 2018-02-27 02:32:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kira wrote:

Hope in Everybody Edits is long gone. I played your game called blockworm or whatever the name was and actually saw a future in it, it doesn't lag, it's clean and looks fun to play.

So why are you still here again?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#10 2018-02-27 02:52:55

XxAtillaxX

I half expected to open the topic and see: "read title"

signature.png
*u stinky*

#11 2018-02-27 05:23:18

Onjit
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

there are dozens of us! dozens!

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#12 2018-02-27 06:58:44

Jorc

ByteArray wrote:

my brother Kentiya.

wait what

kentiya is your brother?

holy ****!!!!!!!!!

Wooted by:

#13 2018-02-27 13:09:24

Kira

minimania wrote:
Kira wrote:

What even is that supposed to mean?
Doesn't mean I can't play the game right?

Sometimes you should probably keep your comments to yourself.

#14 2018-02-27 13:28:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kira wrote:

Says the guy that **** left and right
STRONG kek

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#15 2018-03-02 03:05:08

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kira wrote:
minimania wrote:
Kira wrote:

What even is that supposed to mean?
Doesn't mean I can't play the game right?

If you don't enjoy this game at all, why do you even stay?

No, seriously, that's not good for your mental health yo

21cZxBv.png

#16 2018-03-02 05:45:04

soniiiety

Zoey2070 wrote:

i seen what you mean, its looks like that he is 2d because he blends so easy like and illusion because of the shapes and everytime i watch his videos ai get weird feeling like a horror movie, no offense idk why it is i talked to him before on discord

clone?

another me?

or is it because of the camera video or graphics

idk its like that its spiky likes sharp knfitnes on all angles or metal spikes but expect like and effect and all pixels.

some one please tell what is? because hes videos are diffrent idk how or what it is,

#17 2018-03-02 06:13:09

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

soniiiety wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

i seen what you mean, its looks like that he is 2d because he blends so easy like and illusion because of the shapes and everytime i watch his videos ai get weird feeling like a horror movie, no offense idk why it is i talked to him before on discord

clone?

another me?

idk its like that its spiky likes sharp knfitnes on all angles or metal spikes but expect like and effect and all pixels.

some one please tell what is? because hes videos are diffrent idk how or what it is,

no, it's just his chin i think

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#18 2018-03-02 07:15:15

Onjit
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:
soniiiety wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

clone?

another me?

but what is a chin, if not the illusion of the reflection of one's  soul?

something to think about

:.|:;

#19 2018-03-02 23:12:35

soniiiety

o

Onjit wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
soniiiety wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

clone?

another me?

something to think about

oh also i don't think it my reflection idk, but it does look like his chin blends so well that he looks 2d or flat that he doesn't even have 1, but i can see his mustache and beard

#20 2018-03-03 01:53:06

Minimania
Moderation Team

Onjit wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
soniiiety wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

clone?

another me?

something to think about

This is EE's new admin

f91e6e3f4250f245822d85dc2118fa59.jpeg

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (3)
Minimania1520038386697530

Board footer