Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-18 02:56:13, last edited by Minimania (2018-02-19 08:24:30)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Living Star Wars Galaxy Map

Living as in being updated consistently. This is a Google Drawing with a map showing off the locations of planets in the Star Wars canon and extended universe.

Each and every single planet:
-has a transparent background
-are in positions as accurate as possible
Some of them:
-have custom made depictions
-don't exist on most other maps
-don't have any depictions, even in the extended universe

Includes Imperial Remnant, Chiss Ascendancy, and Hutt Space outlines

I've been working on this for months, without help. There are over 200 planets and the number is growing.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1BFO … sp=sharing

EDIT: Good questions that should be answered

What are those lines on the map?

The colorful lines (as well as the white lines) are known as Hyperspace lanes. The colored ones are the most major hyperspace lanes, and tend to intersect very important planets (ie the Hydian Way intersects Telos). The galaxy contains a lot of unknown places, and some places are very unsafe. There are some black holes, there are nebulas, asteroid fields that are dangerous to navigate, etc. Following a hyperspace lane will ensure you get to your destination safely.

Why are some parts of the galaxy in a lighter region than the other ones?

The white region in the middle of the map is known as the Deep Core. The Deep Core is a host to the most wealthiest of planets. The wealthiest of the wealthy live here, particularly because it's both crowded and dangerous to navigate, due to the large amount of astronomical activity here. As you continue outward, each region becomes less and less important.

Why are some of the planets animated, and change?

Most of the animated planets change between what that planet looked like when it was in its prime and after a cataclysm (the kind of cataclysm differs per planet, some being unknown like in the case of Polis Massa). Byss is a special case; inconsistency in the depiction of Byss has brought forth four different images, but since it was also destroyed, I have also included its destroyed version in its animation.

Why do so few planets exist in the left side of the galaxy, aside from the Chiss Ascendancy?

The left-most side of the galaxy is known as the unknown region. Long ago, about 3000 years BBY, the Infinite Empire ruled over a large portion of the galaxy, their capitol being Rakata Prime. Their reign came to an end when a disease nearly wiped out the Rakatan race, and unfortunately, most of the unknown regions were forgotten, and left uncharted. Most of the people that go into these uncharted portions of the galaxy never return. Only a few planets have been located within the unknown regions, and have navigation charts leading to them. It's also worthy of noting that the Empire has been looking into Unknown Region exploration.

Why is Zonoma Sekot marked with 137 ABY?

BBY and ABY stand for Before the Battle of Yavin and After the Battle of Yavin. The Battle of Yavin is the major battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, which ended in the destruction of the Empire's first Death Star. The reason Zonoma Sekot is marked with the year 137 ABY is because Zonoma Sekot is a rather special astronomical object (a moon, actually). Having a mind of its own and being a living thing in and of itself, Zonoma Sekot has the ability to travel through space on its own, and where I put it on the map is just where it happened to be in the year 137 ABY.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-02-18 03:36:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Living Star Wars Galaxy Map

wow thats impressive
what are these colorful lines?
and what does the year mean for the planet "zonoma sekot 137 ABY"

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2018-02-18 03:47:21, last edited by Minimania (2018-02-18 03:47:51)

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

wow thats impressive
what are these colorful lines?
and what does the year mean for the planet "zonoma sekot 137 ABY"

I'll answer all of your questions one at a time

The colorful lines (as well as the white lines) are known as Hyperspace lanes. The colored ones are the most major hyperspace lanes, and tend to intersect very important planets (ie the Hydian Way intersects Telos). The galaxy contains a lot of unknown places, and some places are very unsafe. There are some black holes, there are nebulas, asteroid fields that are dangerous to navigate, etc. Following a hyperspace lane will ensure you get to your destination safely.

BBY and ABY stand for Before the Battle of Yavin and After the Battle of Yavin. The Battle of Yavin is the major battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, which ended in the destruction of the Empire's first Death Star. The reason Zonoma Sekot is marked with the year 137 ABY is because Zonoma Sekot is a rather special planet. Having a mind of its own and being a living thing in and of itself, Zonoma Sekot has the ability to travel through space on its own, and where I put it on the map is just where it happened to be in the year 137 ABY.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#4 2018-02-19 07:36:04

Minimania
Moderation Team

Update: Added a large majority of the Chiss Ascendancy to the map

Chiss_Ascendancy.png?width=591&height=516

21cZxBv.png

#5 2018-02-24 16:02:50

Minimania
Moderation Team

Update: Moved a lot of planets into their proper locations. Added several new locations including Ahch-To. Added the space route leading from the Chiss Ascendancy to the Redoubt.

Chiss_to_redoubt2.PNG?width=907&height=516

21cZxBv.png

#6 2018-02-24 16:34:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

huh what are those red circles with ? marks on them
do you have the planet that was targeted by starkiller in ep.7 displayed on the map? kinda wonder what was the firing range of that thing

i8SwC8p.png

#7 2018-02-24 16:59:48, last edited by Minimania (2018-02-24 17:10:54)

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

huh what are those red circles with ? marks on them
do you have the planet that was targeted by starkiller in ep.7 displayed on the map? kinda wonder what was the firing range of that thing

The red circles on the map are locations on the map that I plan on getting to first, or known locations that I know a planet is there for sure.

The planet targeted by Starkiller Base in episode 7, Hosnian Prime, is located somewhere closer to the center of the galaxy. I have yet to place it on the map, but it'll come, I assure you. I'll get to working on that next.

EDIT: hosnian_prime.PNG?width=891&height=517

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#8 2018-02-24 19:46:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

oy vey
tbh judging by the movie i always thought that one of the targets was either coruscant or one of coruscant's moons. or the starkiller's beam was just passing by closely to coruscant
seems like that planet isnt even close to the beam trajectory

i8SwC8p.png

#9 2018-02-25 19:45:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

That's because Hosnian Prime was the Galactic Senate HQ and the New Republic Capitol, and sort of looks similar to Coruscant.

latest?cb=20171113015859

21cZxBv.png

Minimania1519584303696810

Board footer