Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-20 03:38:30

Bimps

speedrunning

so after pingos egg quest, i noticed some pretty big problems. i should not have gotten third and i know that. but i also know that many people wouldve done this... if you didnt have to download two separate programs. so instead of sleeping last night, i decided to spend probably an hour thinking up various parts of my solution to this

in game speedrunning

basically: there are two blocks that you get. one is green, one is red. when you touch the green block, a timer counting up starts in the top left corner. it is standard ee font, and it can go up to 99 days because why not. when you touch the red block, the timer ends. this is the basic idea. now my expansions onto the idea:

• the best time that you get is recorded within the world. this can be accessed with a menu on the bottom of the screen.

• speedrunning is disabled by default in a world

• there will be a new option in the settings, where you can set speedrunning to be on for you in every world. it will be off by default

• a purple block, that can take up multiple blocks, can be set as "splits". basically splits are, for those who dont know, sectioning a speedrun for ease of seeing improvement.

• the red, green, and purple blocks will be decorations. or a completly new block type, which i would prefer, which can be placed over background and decorations/blocks

• all the campaigns will have this stuff added in

• the "world" (get it) record holder for each world will have their run recorded, which can be played back by anyone. their smiley is the ghost smiley that is slightly darker. this is probably the most ambitious part of the suggestion

• a speedrun subforum is added, to the forums, below the rooms subforum. if you dont understand why, ill explain. if this were to be implemented, people would want to discuss speedruns. general discussion would be spammed by this one thing which would suck. rooms is not meant for just speedrunning. i think this is a justified addition, if speedrunning is added

if you dont understand something i said, ask for clarification. woot this post if you support my post. even if you disagree with parts of the suggestion, i hope you agree with the main point: ingame speedrunning. think about it, ee is made for speedrunning. people can build levels that people play in ee. why not let people easily see how fast they can do it? this could reinvent ee. and i honestly dont feel like im over exaggerating. thanks for reading.

#2 2018-02-20 04:22:49

Xfrogman43

Re: speedrunning

Bimps wrote:

a speedrun subforum is added, to the forums, below the rooms subforum. if you dont understand why, ill explain. if this were to be implemented, people would want to discuss speedruns. general discussion would be spammed by this one thing which would suck. rooms is not meant for just speedrunning. i think this is a justified addition, if speedrunning is added

this exists http://www.speedrun.com/everybodyedits/

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#3 2018-02-20 04:43:54

Bimps

Xfrogman43 wrote:

ye but that isnt as convenient as a subforum

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2018-02-20 16:20:09

peace

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2018-02-20 17:10:48

Bimps

that is different from mine

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2018-02-20 17:35:11

peace

Bimps wrote:

the race effect is also a timer

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#7 2018-02-20 17:47:01

Bimps

peace wrote:
Bimps wrote:

this isnt just a timer

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-02-20 18:13:08

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

peace wrote:
Bimps wrote:

Race Effect would simply be the basic implementation of the timer blocks. It's only meant to allow the possibility of racing in worlds. Bimps' suggestion would increase the effect potential to it's highest.

I plan on improving the Race Effect suggestion based off Bimps' notes to show not only how the effect, but the speed-running idea overall could look.

Wooted by:

#9 2018-02-21 04:51:20

Bimps

bump for visibility

Wooted by:

#10 2018-02-21 11:12:21

Onjit
Website

bump for visibility

i mean cmon its been 8 hours