Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-02-07 15:44:57, last edited by John (2018-02-07 15:49:40)

John

Re: Emalton abusing his power, being a hypocrite

I did pay the 50 gem name change fee in addition before doing this I stated that I am completely willing and happy to give the name back if he even returns.
In addition, he can set a new username for free. I don't get why people are upset as this has happened many times for normal users. I didn't even delete the account, which is what the previous administrations did in the past.

EDIT:
Why are we comparing exploitation of the energy system to a harmless username change?

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2018-02-07 15:48:45

PTU
Formerly Pipec

John wrote:

I did pay the 50 gem name change fee in addition before doing this I stated that I am completely willing and happy to give the name back if he even returns.
In addition, he can set a new username for free. I don't why people are upset as this has happened many times for normal users. I didn't even delete the account, which is what the previous administrations did in the past.

I bet you wanted hide "notlame" https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
But seriously, your previous name was much better.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#28 2018-02-07 17:32:01

Bimps

i have more of a problem with:

"how about screw you
i dont need to explain myself to you zoey"

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2018-02-07 18:20:41

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Oh wow. Jawapa calling Emalton on "abuse"... Beautiful.

Hey Jawapa. Do I need to remember you that you were the one that was selling gems in the black market? And that explicitely revealed it being true later on, in a forum post when EE "was" dying, after consecutive attempts at saying you were innocent? Do I also need to remind you, that you were the one that made your energy regeneration faster for free?
(Skeptical?)

You should look at yourself before making such a pathetic post. A username change means nothing, it literally is just an username change, and as said before, he got a gem fee on it, and he asked Megalamb himself.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#30 2018-02-07 18:32:13, last edited by Gosha (2018-02-07 18:33:22)

Gosha

realmaster42 wrote:

You should look at yourself before making such a pathetic post.

You are making drama out of nothing. The fact that jawapa failed in the past neither changes the subject of the discussion nor it's main point. We are discussing the Emalton's potential failure. The poster's origin shouldn't matter here.
______

My personal opinion is that ee is totally broken down. There is no point even in discussing something as simple as this, because current ee is trash. It's the same thing as complaining about somebody throwing plastic into organic waste.

#31 2018-02-07 18:41:37

realmaster42
Website

Gosha wrote:

You are making drama out of nothing. The fact that jawapa failed in the past neither changes the subject of the discussion nor it's main point. We are discussing the Emalton's potential failure. The poster's origin shouldn't matter here.

"A username change means nothing, it literally is just an username change, and as said before, he got a gem fee on it, and he asked Megalamb himself."

#32 2018-02-07 18:45:16

Gosha

realmaster42 wrote:

"A username change means nothing, it literally is just an username change, and as said before, he got a gem fee on it, and he asked Megalamb himself."

Oh, you are going to ignore the whole 4/5 of your post discussing jawapa's things

realmaster42 wrote:

Oh wow. Jawapa calling Emalton on "abuse"... Beautiful.

Hey Jawapa. Do I need to remember you that you were the one that was selling gems in the black market? And that explicitely revealed it being true later on, in a forum post when EE "was" dying, after consecutive attempts at saying you were innocent? Do I also need to remind you, that you were the one that made your energy regeneration faster for free?
(Skeptical?)

#33 2018-02-07 18:54:47

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

The decision for the name change was not taken as lightly as EmalJohn has made out here. I investigated John's account in full. I was concerned he had Beta, but he only had 3 worlds, and totaled around 12 hours play time. He last logged in in 2013 and was not a popular or well-known player. He simply turned up early enough to claim the name John before anyone else (which I found amazing because he signed up in 2012). I decided it was appropriate in this case for someone to get better use out of it, and at least EmalJohn's name is actually John. If it weren't, I wouldn't have allowed it.

In terms of other people wanting to change their usernames to existing account names, as long as the 50 gem name-change fee is paid, and, as long as the account has been dormant since the Benjaminsen era of EE, and it isn't a well-established named account (such as KingOfTheOzone as someone wanted me to change their name to today), I do not see a problem with doing that.

Xenonetix_2.png

#34 2018-02-07 19:02:46

Ratburntro44
Website

the real issue is that someone with bad enough taste to want "John" as their username is allowed to be an admin

#35 2018-02-07 19:16:50, last edited by Gosha (2018-02-07 19:47:44)

Gosha

Ratburntro44 wrote:

the real issue is that someone with bad enough taste to want "John" as their username is allowed to be an admin

lol so true. Why would you want one of the most common names?

#36 2018-02-07 19:42:18

realmaster42
Website

Gosha wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

lol so true. Why would you want one of the most common name?

I feel like Emalton was a better name tbh, though John is his real name and he didn't select it, and I understand him wanting his name as the real name (but seriously, emalton was way better)

#37 2018-02-07 19:45:38

Kira

realmaster42 wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

lol so true. Why would you want one of the most common name?

I feel like Emalton was a better name tbh, though John is his real name and he didn't select it, and I understand him wanting his name as the real name (but seriously, emalton was way better)

Ok but no one cares anyways thank you and have a nice day brother in arm

Just close this topic already, jawapa is known to start useless s*** since the dawn of time

Wooted by:

#38 2018-02-07 20:38:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mega Lamb wrote:

(such as KingOfTheOzone as someone wanted me to change their name to today)

aha that might be me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#39 2018-02-07 22:05:40

Raphe9000

Mega Lamb wrote:

In terms of other people wanting to change their usernames to existing account names, as long as the 50 gem name-change fee is paid, and, as long as the account has been dormant since the Benjaminsen era of EE, and it isn't a well-established named account (such as KingOfTheOzone as someone wanted me to change their name to today), I do not see a problem with doing that.

Like really. That is all the matters. People are blowing this way out of proportion because John is a mod, but it didn't even if he was or wasn't matter. I'm really more concerned that a rose, a processor, a shoe, and now a toilet are on the list of the mods EE has had.

#40 2018-02-07 22:57:20

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

the john account had beta btw

Master1 wrote:

Can we worry about this when "John" actually comes back to EE? I see no reason to make such a fuss atm

XxAtillaxX wrote:

if real John returns it's only fair that he gets the username Emalton

realmaster42 wrote:

Mega Lamb wrote:

The decision for the name change was not taken as lightly as EmalJohn has made out here. I investigated John's account in full. I was concerned he had Beta, but he only had 3 worlds, and totaled around 12 hours play time. He last logged in in 2013 and was not a popular or well-known player. He simply turned up early enough to claim the name John before anyone else (which I found amazing because he signed up in 2012). I decided it was appropriate in this case for someone to get better use out of it, and at least EmalJohn's name is actually John. If it weren't, I wouldn't have allowed it.

Let's be real, the real John is never going to play EE again. I don't give a flying **** that he changed his username. That's not the problem.

LukeM wrote:

Well that is a lot worse than just changing a name...

Also you could argue that a different name doesn't benefit you in any way, so if Emalton meant benefit as in 'give an advantage' then it wasn't hypocritical at all

The energy thing wasn't an advantage.
What is an advantage is being able to modify the database to take over a username that's otherwise unavailable.

John wrote:

Why are we comparing exploitation of the energy system to a harmless username change?

Wasn't an exploit. Was a feature. A feature, that to my knowledge, was implemented by NVD.

realmaster42 wrote:

Do I also need to remind you, that you were the one that made your energy regeneration faster for free?

Actually, I didn't. Someone else edited my energy regeneration. Also, was an admin at the time (iirc). Also, also, get everything for free anyways. So...

realmaster42 wrote:

Who the **** are you?

Raphe9000 wrote:

Like really. That is all the matters. People are blowing this way out of proportion because John is a mod, but it didn't even if he was or wasn't matter. I'm really more concerned that a rose, a processor, a shoe, and now a toilet are on the list of the mods EE has had.

http://www.englishspeak.com/en/english-lessons

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#41 2018-02-07 23:56:18

Raphe9000

这绝不是无视我的观点的正当理由。

That is all that matters. People are blowing this way out of proportion because John is a mod, but it didn't matter if he was or wasn't. I'm more concerned that a rose, a processor, a shoe, and now a toilet are on the list of the mods EE has had. Can it be deciphered by someone with any experience online now?

Wooted by: (3)

#42 2018-02-07 23:59:19, last edited by LukeM (2018-02-08 00:00:29)

LukeM
Website

mrjawapa wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Well that is a lot worse than just changing a name...

Also you could argue that a different name doesn't benefit you in any way, so if Emalton meant benefit as in 'give an advantage' then it wasn't hypocritical at all

The energy thing wasn't an advantage.
What is an advantage is being able to modify the database to take over a username that's otherwise unavailable.

Yes being able to modify the database is more of an advantage than effectively unlimited energy, but that's not what you were saying. You said Emalton is being hypocritical because they edited the database for their own advantage, so the advantage in question is the name change, not the means to do it.

Also, I completely agree that as staff it would be fine to have unlimited energy, just as its fine to have access to the database, so you can test things out, but once you are no longer staff, there is no reason to have it anymore other than for your own benefit

#43 2018-02-08 01:19:14

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

LukeM wrote:

I completely agree that as staff it would be fine to have unlimited energy, just as its fine to have access to the database, so you can test things out, but once you are no longer staff, there is no reason to have it anymore other than for your own benefit

I'm not arguing whether or not I should be allowed to have it.

Discord: jawp#5123

#44 2018-02-08 02:55:27

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Neither Jawapa’s nor Emalton’s hypocrisy is relevant. Stop using it because it’s not an argument.

This is an abuse of power only if there isn’t a mod’s post somewhere saying that usernames of dead accounts may be requested. If there is, then it’s an unknown feature and you can’t demod someone for using it.

But if it wasn’t stated that players can do this, grab a pitchfork because:

Gosha wrote:

yay new season

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#45 2018-02-08 03:03:56

Insanity

who tf is John

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#46 2018-02-08 03:05:10

Pingohits
Banned

Insanity wrote:

who tf is John

Malkovich, Malkovich Malkovich?

MALKOVICH

Malkovich.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#47 2018-02-08 03:28:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

pingo i dont get it

i8SwC8p.png

#48 2018-02-08 14:47:12, last edited by Pingohits (2018-02-08 14:47:22)

Pingohits
Banned

TaskManager wrote:

pingo i dont get it

Malkovich.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#49 2018-02-08 15:00:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

pingo i got it thanks

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (2)

#50 2018-02-08 16:17:21

Vitalijus
Website

What about yall chill out and edit my number of gems to something big?

wn7I7Oa.png

Raphe90001519153206696311

Board footer