Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-01-12 02:04:44, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-01-12 02:06:42)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: demod zoey

Schlog wrote:

so if i molested a child everyone would be glad to overlook it entirely right

based on former EE Things That Have actually **** Happened, the answer is yes

like. really? you couldn't have picked literally anything else? went with child molestation? the one thing ee has historically actually has a problem with? the one thing that has actually applied to my and multiple other ppl in ee's life?

so anyways, based on your actual thing of "no one would overlook child molestation, just as no one would overlook zoey's previous mistakes" and given the fact that people on everybody edits have actually and legitimately overlooked child molestation, the answer, according to you, is that everyone on ee will be glad to overlook anything i've done until it's Uncomfortably Criminal

good job, you played yourself with this metaphor

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#52 2018-01-12 03:58:44

Bluecloud

i believe that if the Everybody Edits Staff team thinks that Zoey2070 should be a moderator then you should let Zoey be a mod.

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2018-01-12 04:51:54

HeyNK

Schlog wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

How about lets just all let her be? I don't see a problem.

You shouldn't let the past ruin your future.
If you think she shouldn't be a mod, continue whining. It's going to get you nowhere //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

sorry, but things don't work that way.

...echo is that you?

Wooted by:

#54 2018-01-12 13:18:17

Bimps

Zoey2070 wrote:
Schlog wrote:

based on former EE Things That Have actually **** Happened, the answer is yes

like. really? you couldn't have picked literally anything else? went with child molestation? the one thing ee has historically actually has a problem with? the one thing that has actually applied to my and multiple other ppl in ee's life?

so anyways, based on your actual thing of "no one would overlook child molestation, just as no one would overlook zoey's previous mistakes" and given the fact that people on everybody edits have actually and legitimately overlooked child molestation, the answer, according to you, is that everyone on ee will be glad to overlook anything i've done until it's Uncomfortably Criminal

good job, you played yourself with this metaphor

can you not bring this up? schlog is an edgy person so of course he uses a **** metaphor, but he didnt LITERALLY mean it. you can say it's offensive all you want, but dont make your only response in this topic to something irrelevant

oh and btw not everyone ignored it. diff certainly didnt, idk if you know that or not. so dont bring this **** up. and emalton idk why the hell you wooted zoeys post

Wooted by:

#55 2018-01-12 13:47:43

Emma333

Child molestation on ee? What happened

Pm me with anything math related please

#56 2018-01-12 13:52:21

Bimps

Emma333 wrote:

Child molestation on ee? What happened

this is exactly why zoey shouldnt have brought it up

#57 2018-01-12 16:21:26

HeyNK

has anyone here molested  achild? I don't want you on my forum.

#58 2018-01-12 17:18:16

Anatoly

Hi! What's going on? We didn't saw Zoey in act yet. Please give her a chance.

#59 2018-01-12 18:49:17

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Q. It seems to me that forum drama always causes more conflict and negative consequences than the actual topic of the drama.

E. In doing so, it contradicts the reason for its own creation, which is to prevent or reduce bad outcomes.

D. Therefore, in short, stfu.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#60 2018-01-12 19:44:19

Bimps

AnatolyEE wrote:

i and others have seen her act on the forums and/or irc, and from my experience she is not fit to moderate at all

Wooted by: (4)

#61 2018-01-13 03:50:42

thanksL0L

alright what just happened?

Its time to tell the truth again

#62 2018-01-13 04:12:27

Master1

I've been trying to avoid posting my opinion on this matter for a while, but I feel now is the time to finally do so.

Here is my complete unbiased opinion on this topic:

Hidden text

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#63 2018-01-13 16:56:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bimps wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

i and others have seen her act on the forums and/or irc, and from my experience she is not fit to moderate at all

I have to agree with this. I feel like Zoey's emotions can get a bit too...involved in her moderation even if she does have good intentions.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (4)

#64 2018-01-13 19:41:18

Guest.

N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

I have to agree with this. I feel like Zoey's emotions can get a bit too...involved in her moderation even if she does have good intentions.

i feel like this can be applied to previous moderators such as koya and whatnot in some way, but i reluctantly have to agree with this

#65 2018-01-15 00:43:24

Bimps

if yall want proof of zoey being bad, here you go:
click
ctrl+f 13:05

#66 2018-01-15 01:09:59

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Bimps wrote:

if yall want proof of zoey being bad, here you go:
click
ctrl+f 13:05

who said we do
like srs

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#67 2018-01-15 18:46:30

hummerz5

just to cover bases

bimps, shlog brought that up, not zoey. quit that

and please don't focus on that idea in this farcical thread.

#68 2018-01-15 19:45:07

Bimps

hummerz5 wrote:

just to cover bases

bimps, shlog brought that up, not zoey. quit that

and please don't focus on that idea in this farcical thread.

it's been like 3 days bro why u bringing it up

#69 2018-01-17 00:09:17

proficuous
Formerly terence

Maybe Emal can elaborate on why exactly Zoey was chosen as a mod?

Is the criteria for a mod position just asking for it repeatedly/being part of this small game's even smaller in-crowd?

Wooted by:

#70 2018-01-17 00:54:43

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

proficuous wrote:

Is the criteria for a mod position just asking for it repeatedly/being part of this small game's even smaller in-crowd?

Although I wasn't the one to select Zoey to be a moderator, I would like to at least defend her position.

I 'worked' with her when we were judging the Design Contest, and she was organized and unbiased. Since she became a moderator, she has, to my knowledge, successfully followed the moderation protocols, and worked with the moderation team in banning people successfully for the correct lengths of time based on their actions. There has been no evidence she has abused her powers since she joined the team, and it's a shame so many people 'hate' her based on her past. She's been fine as a moderator so far, and I hope she doesn't prove me wrong.

Xenonetix_2.png

#71 2018-01-17 00:59:17

Bimps

Mega Lamb wrote:

and it's a shame so many people 'hate' her based on her past.

her past includes being modded on the forums and irc, then being demodded. this wasnt that long ago. also i dont like your statement here. most people in this topic that want zoey demodded arent trying to cause drama or anything, i personally just think she shouldnt mod after what i have seen from her

#72 2018-01-17 02:17:00, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2018-01-17 02:17:23)

XxAtillaxX

Mega Lamb wrote:

Although I wasn't the one to select Zoey to be a moderator, I would like to at least defend her position.

I 'worked' with her when we were judging the Design Contest, and she was organized and unbiased. Since she became a moderator, she has, to my knowledge, successfully followed the moderation protocols, and worked with the moderation team in banning people successfully for the correct lengths of time based on their actions. There has been no evidence she has abused her powers since she joined the team, and it's a shame so many people 'hate' her based on her past. She's been fine as a moderator so far, and I hope she doesn't prove me wrong.

I think there's a discussion to be had about the qualifying traits for the position of a moderator, rather than merely speaking about individuals on a case-by-case basis.
I think it'd reasonable to at least address the underlying foundation that apparently doesn't even exist. I think there's reason for concern when people can simply beg their way into becoming staff.

I don't think it's entirely reasonable to dismiss the concerns of others simply because she hadn't made a mistake yet.
I think it's perfectly expected that when someone becomes staff unexpectedly, they'd receive a proportional amount of criticism in relation to their previous history applicable to their current position.

I'm absolutely certain that the most liked/favourable moderators are those who lack an ego and are as unbiased as possible characteristically by virtue of the lack thereof.
I'm convinced that if you impartially evaluate through the moderators of the past, you'll find that the most disliked and generally undesirable ones largely correlate towards ego.

If you take for example, the following moderators:

• lrussell

• phinarose

• benje00

• koya

and contrast them with

• ultrabass

• master1

• kira

• jawapa

I think you'll realize that there's quite a profound difference in terms of favourability amongst the people in the divided list above.

It's been observed on many occasions, time and time again, that those moderators with a clearly defined ego, are almost always biased towards their inner circle of deplorable edgy kids, widely holding them unaccountable for breaking the rules.

I don't think Zoey2070 appeals to the typical cesspool of edgy deplorable kids that some of the former moderators do. I think she's equally as unfairly biased against them, whilst degrading the trust and respect of the moderation team still, and especially so when she decides to take incredibly unwarranted, outrageous actions when peeved slightly.

I personally think it's fair to point out that there's no indication nor reason to believe that, after many years of taking these actions, this time will be any different. I think it's an insult towards the intelligence of those who have experienced her moderation in the past.

I don't dislike her as a person, unlike many people who criticize her (albeit fairly) for the same reasons. I think she's kind and generally amiable when she wants to be. I simply do not get the impression that she suddenly has the capacity to dignify those she opposes equally with the same cadence she has towards her friends, and more importantly not to take exaggerated reactionary actions when offended by mundane crude remarks. I've witnessed this in the past towards others, and I've experienced it myself.

I think the appropriate action as a leader is to reform the management to fit your audience's ideal entirely-impartial expectations of what constitutes and represents the values you've stated to hold.

If the goal is transparency and accountability, the expectation would be transparency about why, when and how she was put into her position, and why she is the appropriate fit for that particular position.
If the goal includes accountability, the expectation would be to realize any flaws in the management foremost, and upon doing so, fix them.

You aren't required to defend the previous administration for their faults, nobody expects you to. If you feel as though a mistake was made, you have every opportunity to resolve it.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (5)

#73 2018-01-17 02:34:45

proficuous
Formerly terence

Mega Lamb wrote:
proficuous wrote:

I don't hate her, I don't even know her. I wasn't asking about her performance so far either, but congrats to her for keeping it together for a week.

I'm just trying to understand the process by which she was considered/approved to become a moderator. I feel like when someone who was previously a moderator receives a 3-page long demod thread immediately after being remodded, it's worth examining what makes them/this action so polarizing. Maybe Emalton could chime in instead of just wooting your unrelated post?

Atilla's brought up a good point, however. Will Zoey be more lenient with her friends? Couldn't that worry have been avoided by just modding someone else?

I understand that pretty much anyone will eventually find issue with any mod, but this quick upset seems very different from what I've seen in the past.

#74 2018-01-17 02:41:11

XxAtillaxX

proficuous wrote:

Atilla's brought up a good point, however. Will Zoey be more lenient with her friends? Couldn't that worry have been avoided by just modding someone else?

I understand that pretty much anyone will eventually find issue with any mod, but this quick upset seems very different from what I've seen in the past.

I'm not as much worried about her being lenient towards her friends as her taking untenable action against her opposition, as she has done in the past.

I'm certain any change in administration will provoke some amount outrage, although the extent is the important part.
I don't recall people like lrussell, phinarose, benje00 or koya having even a fraction of backlash in comparison to the others, including Zoey.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#75 2018-01-17 22:57:18

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

I don't think you gave zoey a chance though,
give her a chance then decide if you want her to stay as a moderator or not, it's not a big deal here though.

Just because of the previous hate from some people to zoey doesn't mean that she shouldn't have a chance to be a moderator i think.
It's the staff's decision in the end.

Schlog1525488127705282

Board footer