Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-01-14 17:52:52

MadMagnum

Re: [Official] Fanboy Discussion

Yeah lets keep making fanboys and not use the ones we already have. Tell me why fanboy 1 shouldn't be released again.

Dxj7UW2.png

Thank you HG for the signature!

My name in-game is FUNNYBORIS845

#77 2018-01-14 17:53:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:

Yeah lets keep making fanboys and not use the ones we already have. Tell me why fanboy 1 shouldn't be released again.

FanboyII was released so FanboyI won't have to be. Plus, I'll throw that argument right back at you. Tell me why fanboy 1 SHOULD be released again.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#78 2018-01-14 17:57:48

MadMagnum

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

FanboyII was released so FanboyI won't have to be. Plus, I'll throw that argument right back at you. Tell me why fanboy 1 SHOULD be released again.

Because why not? If its truly a "fanboy" smiley then you should be able to get it for being a fan right? Note that i am more for merging the smileys into one since they are both the same but since there are 2 and I seems to be more valuable make it harder to get.

Dxj7UW2.png

Wooted by:

#79 2018-01-14 18:02:21, last edited by Minimania (2018-01-14 18:02:49)

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why not? If its truly a "fanboy" smiley then you should be able to get it for being a fan right? Note that i am more for merging the smileys into one since they are both the same but since there are 2 and I seems to be more valuable make it harder to get.

Because why.

You see, you keep making the same argument over and over again. "Why not" "Why shouldn't it be" "Why can't it happen" I can easily take away all of the instances of forms of "no" in those arguments and they would be just as valid.  Merging the two smileys in itself already devalues both smileys. You can't possibly make it harder to get than to have been there during its capture window.

21cZxBv.png

#80 2018-01-14 18:10:11

peace

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why.

You see, you keep making the same argument over and over again. "Why not" "Why shouldn't it be" "Why can't it happen" I can easily take away all of the instances of forms of "no" in those arguments and they would be just as valid.  Merging the two smileys in itself already devalues both smileys. You can't possibly make it harder to get than to have been there during its capture window.

the smmileys proove you are a fan right now you cant proove

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#81 2018-01-14 18:11:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why.

the smmileys proove you are a fan right now you cant proove

Both smilies prove that you're a fanboy. If you want a fanboy smiley, take the fanboy 2 smiley, for its entire purpose was to appease the people who wanted the Fanboy 1 smiley. Also, just because they "prove" you're a fanboy does not mean that you should release it to everyone.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#82 2018-01-14 18:14:06

MadMagnum

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why.

Because its a fanboy smiley?? You get it for being an ultimate fan not if you happen to be there while its given out. Even if you merge them you would still have to do something for them. You haven't given any other reason to why it shouldn't be released other than "there's a fanboy 2". Fanboy 1 is a step up from fanboy 2 to prove that you are even more of a fan which is why its suggested to make it a lot harder to get.

You can't get it now so "getting it in it's capture frame" isn't the hardest way to get it. For something to be hard to get it first has to be available.

Dxj7UW2.png

#83 2018-01-14 18:17:37, last edited by Minimania (2018-01-14 18:18:57)

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why.

Because its a fanboy smiley?? You get it for being an ultimate fan not if you happen to be there while its given out. Even if you merge them you would still have to do something for them. You haven't given any other reason to why it shouldn't be released other than "there's a fanboy 2". Fanboy 1 is a step up from fanboy 2 to prove that you are even more of a fan which is why its suggested to make it a lot harder to get.

You can't get it now so "getting it in it's capture frame" isn't the hardest way to get it. For something to be hard to get it first has to be available.

You're right, I haven't given any other reason to why it shouldn't be released other than "there's a fanboy 2" for that, because it's a perfectly valid one. Even if the fanboy 1 smiley ends up getting released, why give every person on EE the chance to get the fanboy 1 smiley if you're not even going to bother with the fanboy 2 smiley first. You said it yourself, the fanboy 1 smiley is a "step up from fanboy 2 to prove that you are even more of a fan", so why make someone an "ultimate fan" when they weren't even a normal fan to begin with.

Devalue.

Here, I've come up with a solution. Make Fanboy II available again for some reason. For those who already have the fanboy II and fulfill its requirements, give them the fanboy 1. Rerelease the fanboy II every 2 years. Compromise.

21cZxBv.png

#84 2018-01-14 18:25:09

MadMagnum

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:

Because why.

You're right, I haven't given any other reason to why it shouldn't be released other than "there's a fanboy 2" for that, because it's a perfectly valid one. Even if the fanboy 1 smiley ends up getting released, why give every person on EE the chance to get the fanboy 1 smiley if you're not even going to bother with the fanboy 2 smiley first. You said it yourself, the fanboy 1 smiley is a "step up from fanboy 2 to prove that you are even more of a fan", so why make someone an "ultimate fan" when they weren't even a normal fan to begin with.

Devalue.

They aren't gonna give the smiley just like that to every single person, you do something for it that is harder to do or more time consuming than the task(s) for fanboy II therefore getting fanboy I for doing extra stuff.

What do you mean "normal fan" you love the game, you're a fan. You do artwork for it, write about it, put a lot of effort in it, you're an ultimate fan and get rewarded for it.

Dxj7UW2.png

#85 2018-01-14 18:28:54, last edited by Minimania (2018-01-14 18:30:18)

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Because why.

Devalue.

They aren't gonna give the smiley just like that to every single person, you do something for it that is harder to do or more time consuming than the task(s) for fanboy II therefore getting fanboy I for doing extra stuff.

What do you mean "normal fan" you love the game, you're a fan. You do artwork for it, write about it, put a lot of effort in it, you're an ultimate fan and get rewarded for it.

You got the original fanboy by sending the owner of the game a postcard. There is more than just going on MS Paint and letting your creative process spit out whatever circles with eyes ends up popping up. You had to be dedicated enough to go out of your house and express your love for the game through the mail. That's not something the fanboy 2 did, theoretically all you had to do was use the circle and square tools in ms paint and email it to an email address. Anyone can do that. Anyone can be a "normal fan" of EE, and become the fanboy 2. Not everyone can take the step further, and that is why Fanboy 1 is a step up from 2 in the first place.

EDIT: Don't miss the suggestion i edited into the post.

"Here, I've come up with a solution. Make Fanboy II available again for some reason. For those who already have the fanboy II and fulfill its requirements, give them the fanboy 1. Rerelease the fanboy II every 2 years. Compromise."

21cZxBv.png

#86 2018-01-14 18:40:22

MadMagnum

Sending a postcard isn't hard. It is more than drawing for fanboy 2 and that is the point. Why not do that again? And you said that doing artwork for fanboy II still doesn't make you an ultimate fan, it makes you a "normal" fan. So proving you're an ultimate: Getting Fanboy I

Also i don't entirely get your suggestion, so FB2 is released every 2 years and after another 2 years you get FB1 if you already have FB2? Then you're just sitting on your a*s for 2 years getting rewarded at the end for something you were already rewarded for 2 years ago.

Dxj7UW2.png

#87 2018-01-14 18:43:41

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:

Sending a postcard isn't hard. It is more than drawing for fanboy 2 and that is the point. Why not do that again? And you said that doing artwork for fanboy II still doesn't make you an ultimate fan, it makes you a "normal" fan. So proving you're an ultimate: Getting Fanboy I

Also i don't entirely get your suggestion, so FB2 is released every 2 years and after another 2 years you get FB1 if you already have FB2? Then you're just sitting on your a*s for 2 years getting rewarded at the end for something you were already rewarded for 2 years ago.

And again with the "why not do [this]".

You confuse me very much. First, you want the fanboy 1 to get re-released, and you then keep insisting that the fanboy 1 is worth giving to people who would also be eligible for the fanboy 2. Then you tell me valuing the fanboy 1 as much as the fanboy 2 is a stupid idea. I come up with a way for people who already have the fanboy 2 smiley to take a step further and get the fanboy 1, and even then you don't agree with it at all. If you think getting the fanboy 2 is as easy as "sitting on your ****" then I don't think you should even be a part of this argument.

21cZxBv.png

#88 2018-01-14 18:54:30

MadMagnum

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

You confuse me very much. First, you want the fanboy 1 to get re-released, and you then keep insisting that the fanboy 1 is worth giving to people who would also be eligible for the fanboy 2. Then you tell me valuing the fanboy 1 as much as the fanboy 2 is a stupid idea. I come up with a way for people who already have the fanboy 2 smiley to take a step further and get the fanboy 1, and even then you don't agree with it at all. If you think getting the fanboy 2 is as easy as "sitting on your ****" then I don't think you should even be a part of this argument.

I misunderstood what you said, i didn't mean fanboy 2 is as easy as sitting on your ****, i thought you meant that you just get FB1 like that after 2 years of having FB2. I realized that you meant that after 2 years you actually have to fulfill the requirements for FB1 (sending a postcard ig) which i think is a good idea. Sorry about that.

Dxj7UW2.png

#89 2018-01-14 18:58:56

Minimania
Moderation Team

MadMagnum wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

I misunderstood what you said, i didn't mean fanboy 2 is as easy as sitting on your ****, i thought you meant that you just get FB1 like that after 2 years of having FB2. I realized that you meant that after 2 years you actually have to fulfill the requirements for FB1 (sending a postcard ig) which i think is a good idea. Sorry about that.

I posted it twice but that's all I've got to say about that. All of that being said, I think the window each two years should be three months minimum, five months maximum. If you want to make the fanboy as hardcore fanboy-ish as the original one was, just have the players with fanboy 2s mail in postcards during those said windows. Also throw in a fan girl to those with #2 while you're at it.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#90 2018-01-14 20:51:49

Emma333

minimania wrote:

Tell me why fanboy 1 SHOULD be released again.

Because people want it. This should be a good enough reason, the point of a game is to create something fun for people to play. Not to create special people and normal people for no reason. Gold membership and other items you can buy with gems obviously are something else because they make it possible for the owners to provide for the game. Fanboy I and II obviously don't do this, and they don't make people want to play the game more (except maybe for the 2 or 3 people that have it and only play this game to show off their smiley). I think many people in EE would love to have this smiley, if you see the woots in this topic it's clear most people want it available again. I suspect some people would go pretty far to get this smiley, making them more involved with the game.

It's also funny you're the one asked to explain why fanboy shouldn't be available again, and as reason you give why not. Then when someone else asks you why should it you say it's a bad reason making yourself look foolish.

minimania wrote:

FanboyII was released so FanboyI won't have to be

I also don't consider this a good argument at all. Just because something was done in the past doesn't mean it should be done again. The fact that this topic was made is because the new staff is doubting the reasons behind the making of the fanboy II makes your argument not good enough on its own. So right now you have not given one good argument, though I believe the one argument you have is that you and other fanboy I owners don't want this special "thing" be taken away from you. Which is understandable, but should not be a good reason since now it's the wishes of the majority of the players who don't have it, against the wishes of the small amount of players who do have it.

I now see you've changed your opinion? My argument is still relevant to all other people who don't want fanboy I to be available in any way. Though I don't agree players should have to wait 2 years to get fanboy I. There are many big EE fans who didn't play yet or somehow didn't know they could get Fanboy II at the time. EE's biggest fans are the younger players. It would be weird to have them wait 2 years when they've become less of a fan.

In my opinion getting Fanboy I should just be kind of hard to get. Sending a postcard might be good enough.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (3)

#91 2018-01-14 22:17:32

azurepudding

minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

To simply put it: To treat all players equally.  Older players are not more valuable than newer players.  Can we please stop with this mindset, that older players deserve special treatment over newer players?  Just make the two smileys obtainable how they originally were.

I remember there being some upset over the Grinch being a campaign reward two years ago, that it took away its specialness, but I literally have not seen it been used since Christmas two years ago.  It takes a very special kind of person to get mad over someone else being able to enjoy something too.

Azure2.png

#92 2018-01-14 22:19:51

Bimps

azurepudding wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

To simply put it: To treat all players equally.  Older players are not more valuable than newer players.  Can we please stop with this mindset, that older players deserve special treatment over newer players?  Just make the two smileys obtainable how they originally were.

I remember there being some upset over the Grinch being a campaign reward two years ago, that it took away its specialness, but I literally have not seen it been used since Christmas two years ago.  It takes a very special kind of person to get mad over someone else being able to enjoy something too.

this is what i meant in my topic towards emalton. the whole "use gems to buy classic stuff" is so demotivating, it drives people away. the reason people dont come to ee anymore isnt because "toxic", it's because no one knows what to do

#93 2018-01-14 23:30:46

Latif

azurepudding wrote:

The grinch used to be my favorite smiley (along with gingerbread) before the christmas campaign. Only because very few people have it. So if this happens with the grinch, it should happen with the fanboy and purple ghost too.

#94 2018-01-14 23:47:08, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-14 23:47:29)

MartenM
Website

Latif wrote:

it should happen with the fanboy and purple ghost too.

Yes please! I have wanted those for ages https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/0/03/018_surprised

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#95 2018-01-14 23:56:32

Guest.

Latif wrote:

Only because very few people have it.

?? THOUSANDS of people had grinch before, it was the most common magic item in the game

Latif wrote:

and purple ghost too.

purple ghost has been planned to be campaigned for years

Wooted by:

#96 2018-01-15 00:13:33, last edited by azurepudding (2018-01-15 10:06:26)

azurepudding

Bimps wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
minimania wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

this is what i meant in my topic towards emalton. the whole "use gems to buy classic stuff" is so demotivating, it drives people away. the reason people dont come to ee anymore isnt because "toxic", it's because no one knows what to do

Well, it is one way for the game to make money, so I don't mind it too much, especially with gem rewards.  But there may be too many things in classic tab, like I think some of the summer stuff shouldn't be there, and.. maybe some others I don't know that are classic.  I think EE's biggest problems are not attracting enough new players, and campaigns, as they feel like official levels of the game, and once someone beats all the levels (or at least the ones they can)... they leave, as the game feels completed.  Building your own stuff now feels like a secondary, extra part of the game, when it was actually the core base of the game originally.

Latif wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

The grinch used to be my favorite smiley (along with gingerbread) before the christmas campaign. Only because very few people have it. So if this happens with the grinch, it should happen with the fanboy and purple ghost too.

this is gonna sound really mean but don't you think that's selfish of you?  You want it to yourself, you do not want others being able to enjoy it as well.  Finding out about the game before others should not mean you get this special entitlement.  This is not a good way to welcome new players to the game, by locking them away from content for simply not finding out about EE earlier.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#97 2018-01-15 03:51:25

dcomet

why not?
i mean only like 100 peeps would have it, so it would have value

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#98 2018-01-15 04:23:43

Guest.

DarkComet wrote:

no smileys should be "exclusive" other than contest smileys

Wooted by:

#99 2018-01-15 07:18:41

Minimania
Moderation Team

zyhrllos wrote:
DarkComet wrote:

no smileys should be "exclusive" other than contest smileys

superman 4 everyone

21cZxBv.png

#100 2018-01-15 15:54:23

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Releasing Fanboy I would CRASH the Smiley Market, don't do it. The smiley value would CRASH and millions of smileys would starve, is that what you really want? To let millions of smileys STARVE TO DEATH just so you can have a goddman //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley with glasses? Are we crazy now?

gLjTZE1.png

MadMagnum1516059674692573

Board footer