Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-12-08 21:50:28

LukeM
Website

Re: Retype smileys

Dont you think it would look better if your smiley changed into a hologram version of itself when you hit a hologram block? (Plus it would make it less annoying as it wouldnt change your smiley every time you hit one)

And by filters I (and I think most other people) mean the computing term (something that is done to an image to change it slightly, e.g. turn a normal smiley into a gold smiley / hologram etc.), not just a recolour

Wooted by:

#27 2017-12-09 15:54:54

skullz17

HG wrote:

things

Right, but what you said earlier was that technical discussions before a suggestion is accepted are basically bad and should be left to staff. Now you're saying that it's wrong to call the idea bad because the implementation doesn't work in the way it was presented. I agree with that, but it's different to what you said before and it isn't what I take issue with. Yeah I know that anatoly's post had nothing to do with the technical aspects of the idea, and of course the criticism should not be directly pointed towards anatoly. But that doesn't make the discussion any less valuable, even if it is presented in a way that it shouldn't be.

People always look for technical reasons for a suggestion to not be able to be incorporated, rather than to just focus on the idea itself.

If we were to talk about technical issues in every single game suggestion then believe it or not we would be stuck in the 2011 client with almost no blocks because the community decided that every good feature that could be added, could bring issues to the game's performance. Technical issues are to be talked about by the staff if they decide a suggestion is good, and they'll try to find the most effective implementations.

These are the bits that just don't make sense to me. It's just incorrect to blame it on technical discussions themselves. If someone brings up a valid technical reason for why an idea should not be added, then you are completely free to tell them they're wrong and defend the idea, as long as you have a decent counter argument. Don't act like the discussion didn't deserve to take place in the first place. People are free to discuss what they want. Also, I feel like you contradict yourself here:

Staff will always be looking for the best implementations for such suggestion.

I agree with this, which is why there should not be scenarios where an idea does not get added for technical reasons, but the community got the technical stuff wrong. If that scenario occurs, I think the staff is always to blame.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#28 2017-12-09 17:51:44

Anatoly

Kkaay wrote:

< Asks for people not to give him criticism on a "IDEA" in the "GAME SUGGESTION" forum topic

Can't remember asking it anywhere.

Kkaay wrote:

Along with the fact it removes the point of gold membership, hologram etc.

Sorry I had to laugh. Chinese people say that the silly people are the people who repeatedly do the same mistake. And you didn't seem to learn currently. Gold Membership would stay as only gold members could use GM. Hologram would only come by touching a hologram, but not the default hologram, you would get your smiley's hologram. Hard to understand? Again, silly people will make their mistake again. If you consider yourself smart, don't post anymore.

Kkaay wrote:

Honestly whos gonna use it, theres what 160ish smileys in the game already, you wanna times that by 4 and put a **** menu in to select a certain variant

Why block select tab? There are 10 aura colors, 5 aura types, but i don't see any aura tab with 50 auras!? It would be the same selector, 160 smileys. And a small new selector with 4 types. Aura is an array[ color ][shape], this one would be array[smileyId][type][goldBorder]. If you would have thought a minute for this, you'd get that currently all you post is a piece of ****.

This can be even be good constructed into connections as _c.Send("face", userId, smileyId, smileyType).

Kkaay wrote:

... , Sure you might think oh what a cool concept but if its not technically able to go into the game that's the main focus point, ...

I see you can bring me very fast to laugh. Unity is useless. Everybody Edits is useless. I mean EE doesn't give you fun and is technichally bad. Again the silly people thing. You currently say it's technically impossible, when it's actually possible.

Kkaay wrote:

Nobody cares what some old forum post says

Yes!! Finally you bring this up on yourself! Nobody cares what you on this forum says! Just see what you do now.. You attack the community now! Be warned!

Kkaay wrote:

Its honestly a joke at this point since you know its **** impossible for this idea to be considered

Hmmm. Let me tell you again the silly people thing. You make your mistake again already the 3rd time. I can't consider you as smart from the Chinese perspective.

Kkaay wrote:

Possible as a good function in the game no

Possible as good function in the game yes! Campaigns weren't needed, because it was already possible to get gems from daily streak. But it was added. And people actually used it. People will also use this feature. The only problem I can approve is that the staff is lazy. That will count. But it is possible to add.

Kkaay wrote:

A{Take into perspective that there's already 160+ smileys in the game, you wanna times that by 4 if not more, so 640 smileys in the game with different variants, counting each variant as an Identification going up to 640}
ONTOP of all that you wanna add filters making what even more Identifications
A{And you wanna put that into a menu that doesn't take up the entire screen if were being optimistic no we don't want it to
Its a coding nightmare seeing how these guys cant handle adding 4 ish smileys every 5 months}
B{Unless you want a giant **** scrollbar, trying to find your smiley you want which would take awhile, along with remembering the Identification to it since people remove cookies and website data making the fav bar useless}
Along with the facts there's **** blocks that do that

Colored stuff is mine. I didn't wanted to split your post because  i see you post much ****.
A: Again, filters and much other stuff told in the topic. You are still as primitive as in your first post. Finally you mentioned in your post that the staff is lazy. But then why not removing Game Suggestions in total?
B: If you have read my post, what i suspect you didn't, you would know that you wouldn't have all smileys to be scrolled. Like there aren't 100 auras in your tab...

Kkaay wrote:

Holograms are energy, diamonds are 500 gems so no they should stay the same in my opinion

Oh dude! How old are you? 7? 8? I can't say your serious now. All you do is posting without even thinking what you want to say. You say something what clearly is the opposite of true.

Kkaay wrote:

Like there's nothing to get out of having filters on smileys, sure a gold border around a smiley is nice and all, change that to neon pink and it just looks stupid

That's point of perspective. You can't construct a perfect game. But you can construct a perspective friendly game. If a grey-white game would be able to get colorful, more players would use it.

GUYS! IT'S CALLED GAME SUGGESTIONS, NOT GAME CRITISM!
Wooted by:

#29 2017-12-10 02:29:08, last edited by some woman (2017-12-10 03:26:07)

some woman

To clarify, I think actually being able to select hologram/diamond variants in the menu is a bad idea. I'm only with the concept that all smileys should get individual hologram/diamond/gold treatment (through filters, preferably).

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2017-12-10 06:35:18, last edited by Different55 (2017-12-11 02:06:25)

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Personally I like the normal hologram smiley
He makes me PHYSICALLY ENGAGED

<snip>
I use EE like 5 times a day, and Your stupid, stupid suggestion is ruining that not only for me but countless others around the internet

#31 2017-12-10 06:49:03, last edited by Abelysk (2017-12-10 06:49:20)

Abelysk

some man wrote:

Maybe instead of all the smileys being manually sprited, there could be some visual filters built into the game that the smileys would be processed through.
E.G. diamond filter renders everything in grayscale, gold filter increases the contrast.

I really like the filter idea (it has been suggested before) and anatoly's idea is great too.

Wooted by:

#32 2017-12-10 08:21:41, last edited by Anatoly (2017-12-10 08:23:01)

Anatoly

Kkay wrote:

<snip>

Dude, leave!

CONTENT WARNING: reply to trigger

Basically: Not my problem you don’t like it. Stop posting.

E:

some man wrote:

To clarify, I think actually being able to select hologram/diamond variants in the menu is a bad idea. I'm only with the concept that all smileys should get individual hologram/diamond/gold treatment (through filters, preferably).

That was actually point of suggestion.

Wooted by:

#33 2018-01-03 04:05:25, last edited by azurepudding (2018-01-03 06:47:29)

azurepudding

Emalton wrote:

This would only work if there were filters. No, it's not the "lazy" way out. It's the common sense way.

okay sorry but I have to say this is incorrect.  I'm no sprite expert but I have been spriting for over a decade and you don't get a gold effect by simply applying a contrast filter on all sprites, even if they were all completely yellow.  High contrast does not turn all colors gold.  It IS the lazy option, and is also the ugly one.  Taking the time to give each smiley a brilliant gold sheen effect will of course take more time, but will have greater results since each smiley was specifically designed to look beautiful.  There are a lot of smilies but not so much that would make this an impossible task.  EE has it kinda easy, as smilies aren't even animated, so all the smilies together add up to what could be one character sprite sheet of another game.

It'd be really cool to see a gold, diamond, and hologram version of all smilies.  Details like this show how passionate devs of a game can be and I'd be really sad to see a filter effect instead that wouldn't even work.

Azure2.png

#34 2018-01-03 04:18:03

Guest.

yes, have the graphical artists slave away to expand a useless feature 3 times in a row //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#35 2018-01-03 04:26:50

John

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not Zyhrllos...

And I think if there is a way to apply a filter then that would be a much better than having to make one of each smiley.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#36 2018-01-03 11:14:56

Anatoly

zyhrllos wrote:

useless

Let's remove forum themes, they are also useless.

Let's remove presidents, they are useless!!

Let's remove you, you're USELESS!!!!

#37 2018-01-03 12:10:13

peace

Emalton wrote:

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not Zyhrllos...

And I think if there is a way to apply a filter then that would be a much better than having to make one of each smiley.

make it an same like option you chnage to gold boarders this would work for gold smiley then for hologram/diamond either let the use chnage to it when they hqave diamon/holo ro le it be an option for holo/diamond or let it be random like cake

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#38 2018-01-03 17:11:51

Anatoly

leRfFnN.png

Anatoly1514995911690152

Board footer