Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-26 23:29:37, last edited by Kira (2017-12-26 23:37:31)

Kira

It's time, to let this good old Flash game rest.

This is a serious topic. And this should be considered seriously by you all. I ask this, as a member of the community.

The game struggled, for years it has been considered dead. Yet it never died, the community's strength was always there, keeping us from leaving.

I think now, is a good time to end everything. This game that holds a precious place, somewhere in our heart, the game we spent so much time on, the game we all met interesting and thrilling people.

I find it only right that this decision has to be made by the community, and not by the messy ownership up there.

Let's put an end to all this mess. Is there a point in struggling anymore? The game suffers, the community is certainly strong, but no fool. The player base is not satisfied. And to top it off, Flash is going to die between 2018 and 2020.

So let me ask you this, as a loyal person of the community:

Shall we end this, painlessly? Let's put this game, to a well-deserved rest.

Kira YES
Skull YES
Minimania NO
Devlin NO

The first word of your post will either be YES or NO.

Vote now.

I vote YES.

#2 2017-12-26 23:31:48

skullz17

Re: It's time, to let this good old Flash game rest.

YES

but keep forums and discord

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#3 2017-12-26 23:31:54

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Woot this post to vote "NO".

Wooted by: (9)

#4 2017-12-26 23:32:19

Minimania
Moderation Team

No, but I only say no because I have much faith in the new owner if NVD ever successfully gets that **** handled.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#5 2017-12-26 23:36:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

No. EE is long passed the point where it can die peacefully. It's missed its chance to die and be preserved as the good game it once was. EE was once an amazing game but is now a **** hole. We have the memories of the game being amazing but to kill it now would not preserve it as such.

Emalton's ownership has come from nowhere and he isn't exactly fully qualified in the leadership area. I think most of us could agree on that. But I see no reason why we shouldn't at least give him a chance. The transition hasn't gone through yet, but if it does, I do think Emalton can do some good with the game. He may not be the best person to lead but he is definitely willing to listen to and interact with the community. He feels genuine and definitely seems to want what's best for the community. I highly doubt he is going to be anywhere near as toxic as NVD has been.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2017-12-26 23:52:36, last edited by TaskManager (2017-12-26 23:52:47)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I DONT CARE
as long as forums are alive
and discord too

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#7 2017-12-26 23:55:33

Joeyc

No, I believe that somewhere in the future, that **** will no longer have ownership over ee. I don't even wanna say his name or see it anymore. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#8 2017-12-26 23:59:53

Moukdaboss
Banned

YES

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#9 2017-12-27 00:03:01

Pingohits
Banned

if ee dies please turn this forum into a real forum

i demand subforums such as:
-music
-shows and movies
-math, science, engineering

name of forum should be "Everybody Posts" or some gay **** i dont know it's your clam

791mAP8.png

#10 2017-12-27 00:04:36, last edited by dcomet (2017-12-27 00:05:35)

dcomet

YES
why not?
But the community should keep in touch w/ eachother via discord and stuff.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#11 2017-12-27 00:06:49, last edited by Jorc (2017-12-27 00:06:58)

Jorc

no, because i can think of reasons like

depression after 4 months-1 year if you see nostalgia video like:

you wont see ee pals again and you cant find them in social media, so at least ask them to friend ya somewhere like discord

it was very fun to play actually because of how big community actually was
so thats why we shouldnt end it right now, because we need stop nvd from everything and he need wake up from this joke reality in his brain

Everybody edits will be always masterpiece and will be inside of my deep heart and tell grandsons about that game and how's that fun and everything

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-12-27 00:11:48, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-27 00:14:58)

Joeyc

EEJoranasc wrote:

Everybody edits will be always masterpiece and will be inside of my deep heart and tell grandsons about that game and how's that fun and everything

Awww... So true. I can't go a week without playing ee. lol

unknown.png Those views show the game is worth caring for. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4vY2T5wV7E This video is sad

#13 2017-12-27 00:15:09

Moukdaboss
Banned

Joeyc wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:

Awww... So true. I can't go a week without playing ee. lol

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png Those views show the game is worth caring for. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

tfw you have withdrawal symptoms from ee LOLOL

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

rat

#14 2017-12-27 00:21:04, last edited by Harmonious (2017-12-27 00:23:01)

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

YES

While I do enjoy this game, consider this: I am far more empathetic than I'd like to be. My feelings often match those around me. As such, whenever I talk to members of this community I feel what I believe is being portrayed to me. The same is true in real life.

Now, what has been expressed in the past few months/years?
Frustration. Anger. Disappointment. Disapproval. Disgust, even.
As such, I myself have been feeling those feelings more than usual lately. I wouldn't like to.
Those feelings have stemmed from the game itself in one way or another, and as such I don't think the other communities (forum/discord) have too much blame.

Not to say it's all bad, though. There's been some good **** and such. And I've enjoyed recreating songs and sharing them when I've felt up to it. I just feel like the bad outweighs the good here, and it's not healthy.

tl;dr: bad feels more common than good feels

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#15 2017-12-27 00:39:58

proficuous
Formerly terence

hell yes

should've died after the candy update lmao

#16 2017-12-27 00:45:06, last edited by LukeM (2017-12-27 00:45:53)

LukeM
Website

No

I can't see any advantage of killing it... As long a people are still playing it, and as long as it's not losing money (afaik it's still making a slight profit) what's wrong with it staying running?

#17 2017-12-27 00:49:46

proficuous
Formerly terence

LukeM wrote:

No

I can't see any advantage of killing it... As long a people are still playing it, and as long as it's not losing money (afaik it's still making a slight profit) what's wrong with it staying running?

ee's negative cash flow is what made chris leave, i really doubt that an exorbitantly smaller player base has improved the game's financial situation

#18 2017-12-27 00:50:06

Different55
Forum Admin

I don't believe the forums can survive without the game. Game drama feeds the forums, on slow news days for the game the forums slow down as well.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#19 2017-12-27 00:51:28

Firecrackericebreak
Website

yes if staff doesnt get itself together

no if nvd realizes what is up and either promotes someone with more skills or gets himself together and put dedication into this game

you need to know  a game very well to care for it

this is how new owners ruin  it

they will never know how benjaminson felt towards this game

they dont have the same dedication

#20 2017-12-27 00:57:00

LukeM
Website

terence wrote:
LukeM wrote:

No

ee's negative cash flow is what made chris leave, i really doubt that an exorbitantly smaller player base has improved the game's financial situation

Do you have a solid source for this info? Most later owners have at least mentioned profits, so I'm pretty sure they're not negative, probably just small (maybe it was after deducting his wage or something?)

#21 2017-12-27 00:57:43

guardtown

No.
A lot of you guys are judging the game based on the community and the past. Everybody edits without drama is a great game.

Seriously, buckle your pants.

#22 2017-12-27 01:02:06

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

guardtown wrote:

No.
A lot of you guys are judging the game based on the community and the past. Everybody edits without drama is a great game.

Without a community with which to play other people's levels and share your own, what is EE?

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#23 2017-12-27 01:07:28

guardtown

jkdrip wrote:
guardtown wrote:

No.

Without a community with which to play other people's levels and share your own, what is EE?

I'm saying that EE with only the neutral community (the people who just play levels and never really talk) is a great game. Drama is never, ever good for a game's success.

Seriously, buckle your pants.

#24 2017-12-27 01:12:48

skullz17

guardtown wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
guardtown wrote:

No.

I'm saying that EE with only the neutral community (the people who just play levels and never really talk) is a great game. Drama is never, ever good for a game's success.

How do you measure success? Because EE's numbers are terrible. And numbers don't lie.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 2017-12-27 01:12:55

proficuous
Formerly terence

LukeM wrote:
terence wrote:
LukeM wrote:

No

Do you have a solid source for this info? Most later owners have at least mentioned profits, so I'm pretty sure they're not negative, probably just small (maybe it was after deducting his wage or something?)

asked him about it on kongregate during julian's hiatus. there's a pastebin somewhere out there but I'm not sure how i'd dig that up

Wooted by:
soniiiety1514688622689094

Board footer