Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-12-24 11:17:57

Kira

Re: When did this become commonplace

Ah la la. Brother and Sister arguments.

snores

#27 2017-12-24 11:29:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

As a devil, I’m obligated to utter “hail Satan” every time I join one of those worlds.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2017-12-24 12:38:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

Zoey2070 wrote:
minimania wrote:

i wish they could let me live mine

sorry, how is an EE world that you chose to join infringing on your life?

we really gonna debate religion and ee guys? really? this is really what you wanna dedicate your time to?

respect people's benign beliefs. if they want to preach it in ee, that's fine, let them. you're free to make some angry atheist world too and argue with a bunch of people if that's what you choose to do.

i don't like rp worlds. so i don't join them. i don't yell at people not to make them.

all i'm getting from this topic is "REEE SOMEONE MADE AN EE WORLD THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY VIEWS"... like ok

I don't have a problem with their views. I imagine if they weren't afk, I'd be up to talk with them and try to understand them a little better beyond the blocks they placed, but the fact that they're afk makes me feel as if they are closed to other peoples' ideas and closed minded in general. The point of the topic was to ask when religion became something of a topic in EE's worlds in the first place, outside of obligatory holiday references and maybe the angel/devil smiley and whatnot

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#29 2017-12-24 18:00:05

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

minimania wrote:

but the fact that they're afk makes me feel as if they are closed to other peoples' ideas and closed minded in general

????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????
this makes no sense but
okay

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#30 2017-12-24 20:08:54

Anatoly

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

this community is so unchristian it's ridiculous

this whole world is so unchristian is is ridiculous

like what happened since the 1960s?

Communism felt.

#31 2017-12-24 21:48:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minimania, imagine you discovered the cure for cancer. Then you became very happy, telling everybody you know even if it may be hard to believe. Suddenly, somebody gets annoyed at you and asks you why you can't keep it to yourself. Would you listen to that person and stop spreading the word? I don't think you would. Now imagine if instead of finding the cure for cancer you found eternal peace. That's what Christianity is meant to be.

Personally, I'm glad we have people passionate enough to spread their causes. Christianity is considered by many a message of hope, peace, and joy even through all sorts of suffering. So, why on earth should a person keep that to themselves?

#32 2017-12-24 22:49:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
Firecrackericebreak wrote:

this community is so unchristian it's ridiculous

this whole world is so unchristian is is ridiculous

like what happened since the 1960s?

Communism felt.

Incorrect. The Soviet Union fell. The USSR does not speak for all of communism.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#33 2017-12-25 01:32:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:

Minimania, imagine you discovered the cure for cancer. Then you became very happy, telling everybody you know even if it may be hard to believe. Suddenly, somebody gets annoyed at you and asks you why you can't keep it to yourself. Would you listen to that person and stop spreading the word? I don't think you would. Now imagine if instead of finding the cure for cancer you found eternal peace. That's what Christianity is meant to be.

Personally, I'm glad we have people passionate enough to spread their causes. Christianity is considered by many a message of hope, peace, and joy even through all sorts of suffering. So, why on earth should a person keep that to themselves?

Christianity has some evident truths to it. There are certain morals and anecdotes that are better said in the bible than from anywhere else. There's also a lot wrong with it. For example, it's scientifically impossible to have an immaculate conception, but that's what Christianity relies on most. Even if he was the son of God, that would make him a god too. What happened to only being allowed to worship one god? And if God himself made the sun on day 4, how did the days pass?

There's truths evident across all religions. There are some lessons Christianity couldn't hope to teach. There's even some truths to atheism.

Ak's world was done very wrong. The point was not to spread Christianity, but to rectify the mistaken beliefs of people who keep hating Christians and their religion. People don't talk much about religion in Everybody Edits, if even at all.

21cZxBv.png

#34 2017-12-25 01:50:49

LukeM
Website

^ You really need to learn more about Christianity before you try to pick it apart //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

1. Nothing is scientifically impossible when you effectively have magic
2. They teach that Jesus and God are sort of the same thing I think, so they count as just one God I'm pretty sure
3. Maybe there's something else that decides how long a day is, and the sun was just made to match that

Wooted by: (2)

#35 2017-12-25 02:02:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

LukeM wrote:

^ You really need to learn more about Christianity before you try to pick it apart //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

1. Nothing is scientifically impossible when you effectively have magic
2. They teach that Jesus and God are sort of the same thing I think, so they count as just one God I'm pretty sure
3. Maybe there's something else that decides how long a day is, and the sun was just made to match that

Saying nothing is scientifically impossible is like saying every movie plot hole is explainable because the whole movie was a dream. It's a cop out.
Sure, you can argue that the holy trinity counts as 1 god, but I'm not alone in my argument that it isn't, there's an entire religion that argues this too (Judaism)
The day on Earth is literally defined as being the amount of time it takes for the Earth to revolve once around itself. Without a sun, the Earth has nothing holding it in place, and it would just be moving continuously into somewhere, somewhere dark.

21cZxBv.png

#36 2017-12-25 02:10:04

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Jesus is the Father.

John 8:19 wrote:

Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Jesus is merely the physical form of the Father, whereas the Father is its divine form, hence they're all the same yet different, all of them are God whom is only one.

gLjTZE1.png

#37 2017-12-25 02:13:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minimania wrote:

Ak's world was done very wrong. The point was not to spread Christianity, but to rectify the mistaken beliefs of people who keep hating Christians and their religion. People don't talk much about religion in Everybody Edits, if even at all.

Yeah, looking back it seems that's the case. But I've seen a vocal user say some rather hateful things about religion, and whenever it gets brought up in the Discord chat the results aren't always...calm. I think there's this general pressure in this community to not care or to make fun of religion, which is probably made even worse by soniiiety's poorly written religious posts. We need more people like HeyNK (the wackier and cooler version of me o3o) to balance things out.

It makes me happy whenever I see somebody here who isn't afraid to speak up for Christianity, and I think we need more people like that.

Wooted by:

#38 2017-12-25 06:12:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
minimania wrote:

Yeah, looking back it seems that's the case. But I've seen a vocal user say some rather hateful things about religion, and whenever it gets brought up in the Discord chat the results aren't always...calm. I think there's this general pressure in this community to not care or to make fun of religion, which is probably made even worse by soniiiety's poorly written religious posts. We need more people like HeyNK (the wackier and cooler version of me o3o) to balance things out.

It makes me happy whenever I see somebody here who isn't afraid to speak up for Christianity, and I think we need more people like that.

Religion in general does not bring people together, it drives people apart. Centuries of wars prove this, and this topic seems to sort of do just that, as well. This is why I'd rather people kept to themselves.

21cZxBv.png

#39 2017-12-25 06:40:40

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

idk ak712 is always afk
he went afk in one of toop's worlds for about 16 hours

#40 2017-12-25 06:53:23

XxAtillaxX

so when will someone draw prophet muhammad in their world

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#41 2017-12-25 08:29:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:

so when will someone draw prophet muhammad in their world

I'm sure some muslims would be offended if they realized it was meant to be Muhammad depicted in any of them.

21cZxBv.png

#42 2017-12-25 08:48:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minimania wrote:

Religion in general does not bring people together, it drives people apart.

I can't speak for religion in general, but I will for Judaism and Christianity since that's what's relevant here.

This must mean that either:

1. Christianity itself encourages separation

2. People take Christian context that doesn't exist and twist it for separation

Let's take the first option. This one is blatantly not true. Modern religion is behind most of what Christianity teaches. Modern religion teaches love for those who love you back? Christianity teaches people to love everybody. Modern religion tells people to sacrifice to people who deserve it? Christianity tells you to sacrifice for everybody. Modern religion teaches people to have joy and peace when things go the way everybody wants them to? Christianity teaches people to have joy and peace always.

Just a quick glance through the Sermon on the Mount will make this all very clear that Christianity is ahead of western modern thinking (which is just a watered down form of Christian values) on a rocket-train-to-steam-train level. Also, everybody is welcome aboard the rocket train at any time.

Alright, so we're left with the second option. This is where things get more complex. When there's the risk of getting a religious stinker, should we spread the word? Personally, I think people should open up to others about the joys they find from God. Nearly everybody finds the joy of God sometime in their life, and that's where people can connect on a both religious and non-religious level. Christians don't have to (and are encouraged not to) push others away. They can just evangelize, express the joy they have, and pray that others will choose to spend life in a perfect eternity with God and his followers.

Centuries of wars prove this

Most wars are non-religious, especially ancient ones. Since most wars were made over property and money, should we just get rid of them? I don't think so. They're physical and economic tools that build the very strongest constructs of a society, just like how religion is a social tool. What matters is the hearts and minds of people who use them.

Everybody Edits has had property and money implemented in the game for years, as worlds and energy. It also has its own form of religion: yup, the rules! Just as some users are more pleasant to be around because they follow the rules, some people are a positive influence because they follow a set of sacred rules.

this topic seems to sort of do just that, as well.

Perhaps it's not religion, but rather peoples' responses to religion that resulted in this topic ending up the way it did.

#43 2017-12-25 09:19:10, last edited by Minimania (2017-12-25 09:23:25)

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
minimania wrote:

Religion in general does not bring people together, it drives people apart.

I can't speak for religion in general, but I will for Judaism and Christianity since that's what's relevant here.

This must mean that either:

1. Christianity itself encourages separation

2. People take Christian context that doesn't exist and twist it for separation

Let's take the first option. This one is blatantly not true. Modern religion is behind most of what Christianity teaches. Modern religion teaches love for those who love you back? Christianity teaches people to love everybody. Modern religion tells people to sacrifice to people who deserve it? Christianity tells you to sacrifice for everybody. Modern religion teaches people to have joy and peace when things go the way everybody wants them to? Christianity teaches people to have joy and peace always.

Just a quick glance through the Sermon on the Mount will make this all very clear that Christianity is ahead of western modern thinking (which is just a watered down form of Christian values) on a rocket-train-to-steam-train level. Also, everybody is welcome aboard the rocket train at any time.

Alright, so we're left with the second option. This is where things get more complex. When there's the risk of getting a religious stinker, should we spread the word? Personally, I think people should open up to others about the joys they find from God. Nearly everybody finds the joy of God sometime in their life, and that's where people can connect on a both religious and non-religious level. Christians don't have to (and are encouraged not to) push others away. They can just evangelize, express the joy they have, and pray that others will choose to spend life in a perfect eternity with God and his followers.

Centuries of wars prove this

Most wars are non-religious, especially ancient ones. Since most wars were made over property and money, should we just get rid of them? I don't think so. They're physical and economic tools that build the very strongest constructs of a society, just like how religion is a social tool. What matters is the hearts and minds of people who use them.

Everybody Edits has had property and money implemented in the game for years, as worlds and energy. It also has its own form of religion: yup, the rules! Just as some users are more pleasant to be around because they follow the rules, some people are a positive influence because they follow a set of sacred rules.

this topic seems to sort of do just that, as well.

Perhaps it's not religion, but rather peoples' responses to religion that resulted in this topic ending up the way it did.

The crusades took up an entire century in itself. Only religion could cause two warring factions to hate each other for a HUNDRED YEARS, just as North Koreans have hated Americans for a century because they think their (god) Kim Jong Un is so great and disagrees with everything US.

I feel you are twisting my words here. In the first place, I did not say Christianity causes war, I said religion in general, more accurately people's disagreements over them. People disagree on many things, religion is a huge reason why.

Religion causes so much conflict, and even more than war, caused much of humanity to fall behind in progress. Galileo almost lost his head because he found the Earth to not be the center of the universe, all because the Catholic Church didn't want to lose power. That's all I need to prove Christianity causes conflict on its own.

21cZxBv.png

#44 2017-12-25 18:31:13

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minimania wrote:

The crusades took up an entire century in itself. Only religion could cause two warring factions to hate each other for a HUNDRED YEARS, just as North Koreans have hated Americans for a century because they think their (god) Kim Jong Un is so great and disagrees with everything US.

Christian war is not Christian. Love is at the very base of Christianity.

I feel you are twisting my words here. In the first place, I did not say Christianity causes war, I said religion in general, more accurately people's disagreements over them. People disagree on many things, religion is a huge reason why.

According to the article for religious war, only about 7% of wars were mainly about religion.

Religion causes so much conflict, and even more than war, caused much of humanity to fall behind in progress. Galileo almost lost his head because he found the Earth to not be the center of the universe, all because the Catholic Church didn't want to lose power.

Yeah, that's unfortunate and not something we can overlook. But how is this relevant to an Everybody Edits world explaining the theology of the Christian God?

That's all I need to prove Christianity causes conflict on its own.

None of the posts here have addressed the core of Christianity and why it might create conflict.

Wooted by:

#45 2017-12-25 21:42:13

RavaTroll

Teaching kids religions is wrong as they do not have the ability to understand it - some adults don't have that ability as well you might add.
Simply put, abusing people's inability to form an opinion based on an actual intellectual and spiritual reasoning is wrong and is, well, abuse.
And abuse should not be allowed in any game.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by: (2)

#46 2017-12-25 21:51:55

guardtown

RavaTroll wrote:

Teaching kids religions is wrong as they do not have the ability to understand it - some adults don't have that ability as well you might add.
Simply put, abusing people's inability to form an opinion based on an actual intellectual and spiritual reasoning is wrong and is, well, abuse.

well said, well said...

Seriously, buckle your pants.

#47 2017-12-25 21:54:38

LukeM
Website

minimania wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Saying nothing is scientifically impossible is like saying every movie plot hole is explainable because the whole movie was a dream. It's a cop out.
Sure, you can argue that the holy trinity counts as 1 god, but I'm not alone in my argument that it isn't, there's an entire religion that argues this too (Judaism)
The day on Earth is literally defined as being the amount of time it takes for the Earth to revolve once around itself. Without a sun, the Earth has nothing holding it in place, and it would just be moving continuously into somewhere, somewhere dark.

My point is that they have most things explained pretty well, you usually just dont know the explanation yet, so theres no point trying to pick holes in it and saying its proof that they are wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And for the days thing, my argument is that it wouldnt be totally unreasonable to say that if god created the earth he could have based the time for the earth to rotate on something else (which would be a day). Plus as a day is the time taken for the earth to spin, there doesnt need to be a sun for there to be a day //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#48 2017-12-26 00:06:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I thought I was really pro-censorship for this community, but I guess I have some competition. Let's take a look at RavaTroll's post:

RavaTroll wrote:

Modern morality is based on religion in many ways, and young children can't fully understand morality. Every single good parent has told their child what's right and what's wrong. And if children resist, the parents push it because deep inside, they know that obeying your parents is what's right. You can't avoid religious morals.

Let's assume for a moment that no deities exist. What exactly, is the problem with believing in something that doesn't exist? The only effects of religious belief are on the believer. If these effects are positive, is there anything wrong with that? I'm still waiting for somebody to explain here why Christianity in particular should be censored.

Where exactly do these users do this? I'm familiar with AK712's world, which doesn't seem to fall under your description, so I'm assuming it's the other. I can't run the game on this computer so I would appreciate an explanation.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wooted by:

#49 2017-12-26 01:14:59

guardtown

N1KF wrote:

I thought I was really pro-censorship for this community, but I guess I have some competition. Let's take a look at RavaTroll's post:

RavaTroll wrote:

Modern morality is based on religion in many ways, and young children can't fully understand morality. Every single good parent has told their child what's right and what's wrong. And if children resist, the parents push it because deep inside, they know that obeying your parents is what's right. You can't avoid religious morals.

Let's assume for a moment that no deities exist. What exactly, is the problem with believing in something that doesn't exist? There is nothing wrong with believing in something that doesn't exist. He never said that.The only effects of religious belief are on the believer. Yes, but if the believer tries to spread their beliefs, conflict will be created.If these effects are positive, is there anything wrong with that? I'm still waiting for somebody to explain here why Christianity in particular should be censored. Who said only christianity should be censored? I think all forms of sharing your religious beliefs deserve to be censored. If everybody just keeps to themselves, no conflict will happen. For example, AK712's world spreads it's beliefs, and you know what conflict that has caused (this thread). That's why me, and so many other people are angry towards AK712, he broke the peace.

Where exactly do these users do this? I'm familiar with AK712's world, which doesn't seem to fall under your description, so I'm assuming it's the other. I can't run the game on this computer so I would appreciate an explanation.
He isn't referencing to AK712's world, he's referencing to some of the replies on this thread.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You could say he's abusing abuse.

Seriously, buckle your pants.

#50 2017-12-26 03:06:02

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

guardtown wrote:

I think all forms of sharing your religious beliefs deserve to be censored.

Woah, what's happening to this forum? This forum barely cared about religion at all and now people are openly calling for censorship of opinions. I'm kind of surprised at all of this.

All controversial opinions by definition create conflict. Should we censor all controversial opinions? No, that would be silly! The world is better off when we have people of all sorts of odd beliefs.

If everybody just keeps to themselves, no conflict will happen. For example, AK712's world spreads it's beliefs, and you know what conflict that has caused (this thread). That's why me, and so many other people are angry towards AK712, he broke the peace.

Why are you blaming AK712? AK712's world did not cause this topic—the people posting here did. People who read this topic will either stubbornly stick to their own opinions as always, or reconsider and become wiser. I know that responding to this topic has given me joy since I've been given the chance to think out and express my opinions.

I can't speak for everybody, but I think the community in general is better off with this topic.

He isn't referencing to AK712's world, he's referencing to some of the replies on this thread.

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

Wooted by:
soniiiety1514689672689105

Board footer