Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-10 19:24:37

shoppa

The Xmas event is horrible

The maps are really bad, some require you to do the same levels twice, todays one you jump around for invisible blocks and the rewards are horrible, I already have all these rewards.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-12-10 19:26:08

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: The Xmas event is horrible

The rewards are intended for game newbies who don't have anything.

The campaign itself isn't about the rewards, but about the pleasure of completing each challenge before the 25th.

#3 2017-12-10 19:27:40

shoppa

HG wrote:

The rewards are intended for game newbies who don't have anything.

The campaign itself isn't about the rewards, but about the pleasure of completing each challenge before the 25th.

Well too bad the challenges are worse than the rewards

#4 2017-12-10 19:29:05

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

You're not forced to play the campaign if you don't like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#5 2017-12-10 20:37:59

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Well, next time will be better think what are u doing instead of doing this topic.
Someone really much like this campaign and if you DON'T LIKE it just ignore it and have a good life.
I can't say you more words...
I hope there are still players who like this calendar //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#6 2017-12-10 21:26:50

Emma333

you're horrible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Pm me with anything math related please

#7 2017-12-10 22:51:03

kreacher

stop spreading cancer and just like the game

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

Wooted by: (5)

#8 2017-12-10 23:16:08, last edited by iPwner (2017-12-10 23:43:40)

iPwner
Website

The concept of this level is that it's a blank page, Arrows, angry doodles, visual scrawls, and puzzles tell you the way to go and what to avoid. It's not "invisible," it's just a fresh page, ready to burst with innovation -- that innovation being you, the green pencil scrawling across the minimap. ;3 Quite beautiful, really. Just crack on that ol' noggin before giving it a go and you'll find it fine -- and divine, even, nubson! ;-b

However, a sign I had there reading "flogging sheetcake *<;0" was removed unconcentually. Can't imagine why, maybe they had some "formative" experiences with sheetcakes in their youth? including other penetralia? ;() inb4 hummerzstupidz: 1. Penetralia - noun - the innermost parts of a building; a secret or hidden place. Anyboo, was gon' make a top' called "Im Outraged" but hoe whale eye donut canoe slash kahearr ;;;;-*( k.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2017-12-11 12:11:37

peace

okay some rewrads are notinhing for me cuz i already own but its fun and a cake everyone can use it indirectly same wiht worlds

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2017-12-11 17:57:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Personally, I'm glad we have an event to encourage activity and playing the game.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2017-12-19 01:08:25

P788

HG wrote:

You're not forced to play the campaign if you don't like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

What if I want to get the badge? Then the answer is yes, I am forced to do it.

kreacher wrote:

stop spreading cancer and just like the game

Liking something isn't like that, it's not a *turn the lightswitch on or off* thing.

#12 2017-12-19 01:19:00

Akatsuk1

P788 wrote:

I don't know if you understand what the word "forced" means... You are not forced to do this level, you are choosing to do it because you want the badge, huge difference. And also the levels take like a couple minutes at most to beat.

pizap_com14618147809731.jpg

#13 2017-12-19 01:27:52

P788

Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

I don't know if you understand what the word "forced" means... You are not forced to do this level, you are choosing to do it because you want the badge, huge difference. And also the levels take like a couple minutes at most to beat.

If you are being attacked and you punch them very hard to make them stop and they go away, then I was being forced to react in self-defense, not just wanting them to stop and go away.

#14 2017-12-19 01:32:19, last edited by Akatsuk1 (2017-12-19 01:41:32)

Akatsuk1

P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

If you are being attacked and you punch them very hard to make them stop and they go away, then I was being forced to react in self-defense, not just wanting them to stop and go away.

So what you're saying is you're forced to do this campaign in self-defense? Because the scenario you just described has absolutely nothing to do about a video game about jumping smileys. Also, if we are being technical, the definition of "force" is to do something against your own will. You weren't "forced" to punch somebody in self-defense, it was an option that you chose to do. It may have been the only opportune option, but it is an option nonetheless of your own free will.

#15 2017-12-19 01:43:06, last edited by P788 (2017-12-19 01:55:04)

P788

Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

So what you're saying is you're forced to do this campaign in self-defense? Because the scenario you just described has absolutely nothing to do about a video game about jumping smileys.

Between "something just being done because you want it" and "being forced to" there's a gradient.

I gave a extreme example to say that there's a point on the line where it really means that you're forced to, because you said that "wanting a badge" never ever implies that you're forced.

Edit because you edited the original post... :

Also, if we are being technical, the definition of "force" is to do something against your own will. You weren't "forced" to punch somebody in self-defense, it was an option that you chose to do. It may have been the only opportune option, but it is an option nonetheless of your own free will.

Then congratulations, HG said something completely irrelevant, since "forced to" is a impossible thing.

HG wrote:

Which you didn't reply to in the 9 days that post existed.

#16 2017-12-19 02:10:15, last edited by Akatsuk1 (2017-12-19 02:16:29)

Akatsuk1

P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

So what you're saying is you're forced to do this campaign in self-defense? Because the scenario you just described has absolutely nothing to do about a video game about jumping smileys.

Between "something just being done because you want it" and "being forced to" there's a gradient.

I gave a extreme example to say that there's a point on the line where it really means that you're forced to, because you said that "wanting a badge" never ever implies that you're forced.

Also, if we are being technical, the definition of "force" is to do something against your own will. You weren't "forced" to punch somebody in self-defense, it was an option that you chose to do. It may have been the only opportune option, but it is an option nonetheless of your own free will.

Then congratulations, HG said something completely irrelevant, since "forced to" is a impossible thing.

HG wrote:

I don't understand your point at all. HG is correct, you are not forced to play the campaign. It's not irrelevant, it's the truth. But i'll humor you, let's say that you ARE being forced to play the campaign because you so desperately want the badge, and the levels are driving you insane because they are so terribly bad. In the end, your complaint is irrelevant because if you are truly being forced to play the campaign like you say you are,  then there is no amount of complaining that will prevent you from having to complete it. It'd be like complaining that you can't shoot lasers out of your eyes, no matter how much you whine, it won't make a difference. Anyways, to end my point; if you don't like it, but you want the badge, then it's unfortunate because that's how life works. You might get unlucky in the future and be forced to work a job that you hate just to provide for your family. Life isn't fair.

EDIT: I'm done responding btw :]

#17 2017-12-19 02:18:57, last edited by P788 (2017-12-19 02:19:59)

P788

Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:

HG wrote:

I don't understand your point at all. HG is correct, you are not forced to play the campaign. It's not irrelevant, it's the truth. But i'll humor you, let's say that you ARE being forced to play the campaign because you so desperately want the badge, and the levels are driving you insane because they are so terribly bad. In the end, your complaint is irrelevant because if you are truly being forced to play the campaign like you say you are,  then there is no amount of complaining that will prevent you from having to complete it. It'd be like complaining that you can't shoot lasers out of your eyes, no matter how much you whine, it won't make a difference. Anyways, to end my point; if you don't like it, but you want the badge, then it's unfortunate because that's how life works. You might get unlucky in the future and be forced to work a job that you hate just to provide for your family. Life isn't fair.

But then it's so completely obvious that it's considered useless. It's like saying that if my freaking grandpa had 2 wheels he'd be a bicycle.

What's wrong about complaining? Complaining is bad? I can't criticize something? Can't I say what to improve? Oh and that of "that's how life works" just makes it worse, you are saying that things being bad is irrelevant. It's not.

#18 2017-12-19 02:31:48

Akatsuk1

P788 wrote:

But then it's so completely obvious that it's considered useless. It's like saying that if my freaking grandpa had 2 wheels he'd be a bicycle.

What's wrong about complaining? Complaining is bad? I can't criticize something? Can't I say what to improve? Oh and that of "that's how life works" just makes it worse, you are saying that things being bad is irrelevant. It's not.

This is my last response. It's not "completely obvious" because you tried to argue against it saying that you "are forced to do it". So you just contradicted yourself. Also, complaining isn't bad if it is constructive. You were not saying how to improve it, you were merely saying "it's bad because i don't like it". Also i never said that things being bad is irrelevant. If something is truly terrible, work on trying to resolve it instead of pointless complaining, which in this scenario, is indeed pointless. The campaign levels are already chosen, if you want a better campaign next year, then post some ideas on the campaign forums and actually try to make a difference.

#19 2017-12-19 03:12:38

P788

Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

This is my last response. It's not "completely obvious" because you tried to argue against it saying that you "are forced to do it". So you just contradicted yourself. Also, complaining isn't bad if it is constructive. You were not saying how to improve it, you were merely saying "it's bad because i don't like it". Also i never said that things being bad is irrelevant. If something is truly terrible, work on trying to resolve it instead of pointless complaining, which in this scenario, is indeed pointless. The campaign levels are already chosen, if you want a better campaign next year, then post some ideas on the campaign forums and actually try to make a difference.

Stupid website going down the moment I wanted to post and losing my text in the process. Rewritten:

I said *if* being "forced to" means "to do something against your own will", then HG's post is by that definition, true and completely useless. He said that a completely impossible situation won't happen to you if you don't like the campaign. *if*.

Complaining isn't bad if it isn't basically insulting the other person, action which isn't honest.

And you said that things being bad were irrelevant. You saying the excuse "that life isn't fair", means that to you, everything is justified and doesn't need fixing because they aren't fair in general. That the actions of other people are irrelevant to their consequences and even if you could talk to them and them could change is irrelevant.

Why can't the campaign change right now? Why is it set in rock?

Why is complaining pointless if I am trying to say what the bad things are? Am I not helping by cutting the search for bad things?

#20 2017-12-19 05:44:35

Joeyc

Why do people have to be so prissy, it's actually a game. Won't do nothing for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#21 2017-12-19 06:28:06

Mait

I think +max energy is always great. But i mean white aura? Dont newbies already have that? Some maps make me mad but some are really cool for the campaign

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

PTU

#22 2017-12-19 06:36:45, last edited by P788 (2017-12-19 06:49:08)

P788

Mait wrote:

I think +max energy is always great. But i mean white aura? Dont newbies already have that? Some maps make me mad but some are really cool for the campaign

Hahahahahaha, apparently it's star shaped aura.

Joeyc wrote:

Why do people have to be so prissy, it's actually a game. Won't do nothing for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What's wrong with trying to fix anything?
Come on...

#23 2017-12-19 10:59:05

Helvi

I though the intention was to introduce a campaign  aimed at new player. Why have map now which is rated "hard"? Thats no incentive.

Hi.

#24 2017-12-19 13:09:57, last edited by Xenonetix (2017-12-19 13:10:59)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Helvi wrote:

Why have map now which is rated "hard"?

It's Medium-Hard, which I would say is more closely leaning towards the Medium difficulty. This level was harder previously.

Nevertheless, we're getting pretty close to Christmas now, and we're coming to the end of the Campaign. There will be at least two more levels rated "Medium-Hard". No levels are rated "Hard". The Campaign as a whole maintains its difficulty at Easy-Medium (although closer to Basic-Medium).

I also believe the rewards of the 24th and 25th are worth the effort!

Xenonetix_2.png

#25 2017-12-19 13:54:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mega Lamb wrote:
Helvi wrote:

Why have map now which is rated "hard"?

It's Medium-Hard, which I would say is more closely leaning towards the Medium difficulty. This level was harder previously.

Nevertheless, we're getting pretty close to Christmas now, and we're coming to the end of the Campaign. There will be at least two more levels rated "Medium-Hard". No levels are rated "Hard". The Campaign as a whole maintains its difficulty at Easy-Medium (although closer to Basic-Medium).

I also believe the rewards of the 24th and 25th are worth the effort!

The foreground blends in too much with the background, Ernesdo and I got lost (I got lost twice), the sign says to touch the star but you're literally not supposed to touch the star, and in the bottom room, the intended way of returning to the entrance literally makes you lose what you came into the room for in the first place

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

peace1513779720686886

Board footer