Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2017-11-30 10:51:48, last edited by Mylo (2017-11-30 13:37:56)

Mylo
Master Developer

Re: I am thankful

Now this will be a direct post to Atilla:

Why do you keep backfiring when you did something wrong? You can't always justify your actions with something someone else did. You overstepped your own boundries. It's not important who did the first step. You should have been sane and not follow him!

Do you believe calling someone a rude name outside of the game should result in an in-game moderator punishing the user? If not, how is that not an abuse of power? If so, where do you draw the line - when do they have the jurisdiction to punish you, what offensive names are permitted, or are you unable to insult them entirely? I think having that sort of precedent is far more like a dictatorship and it's an extremely bad idea. Mega Lamb openly admits that he believes that the in-game moderators should be able to punish users on these forums for what they say. Do you agree? If so, why?"

I agree (because this are not fan forums anymore, just look at the url), but that's not relevant. Again, my point was what you two (expecially you) do/did is unprofessional. Just because someone abuses his power, It's not okay if you do. Even if Mega Lamb would have destroyed the servers of Everybodyedits, that wouldn't be your problem! If you think something like this would happen: go, call NVD or co-owner (HR), and get an okay. Because that's how a company should work. And even if Mega Lamb would make this conflict a big public drama, you - as part of the staff - should represent the company. You should keep calm and even more important keep the dignity of this company. And if you say you aren't part of the staff, how could you even think to have the privilege to do what you did.

It's an unfortunate circumstance that there's very little room for this business to legally take responsibility for the actions of it's employees - I don't consider it an entirely reasonable prospect for any damages caused to be handled in court, especially when Mega Lamb is in an entirely different country and under an entirely different rule of law. I'm not HR and there isn't any HR. I don't think you fully grasp what damages could be caused by a reckless employee who acts purely out of their personal frustrations.

But the thing is, it's not your business. And I mean this sentence literally.

Also, just as suggestion: Stop using chat-examples like you would need to proof something. Just because someone else did wrong, it doesn't make YOUR OWN actions better.

Wooted by:

#127 2017-11-30 10:57:36

Kikikan

XxAtillaxX wrote:

If she shouldn't have that ability then you shouldn't have given it to her in the first place - it's your responsibility as an administrator to specify the exact guidelines they are meant to follow.

So NVD is at fault now?

#128 2017-11-30 12:46:13, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-11-30 12:58:26)

XxAtillaxX

Mylo wrote:

that wouldn't be your problem! If you think something like this would happen: go, call NVD or co-owner (HR), and get an okay.

It isn't my duty, I wouldn't say it's not my problem - it's everyone's problem. If I had any opportunity to contact Niels I would've - there's no option to call him, considering there aren't any alternative means of quick contact, including calling.

Mylo wrote:

Again, my point was what you two (expecially you) do/did is unprofessional. Just because someone abuses his power, It's not okay if you do.

I'll take unprofessional instead of unaccountable. I wasn't given any policy concerning the appropriate action or lack thereof to take in response to a threat of retaliation from a moderator.

Mylo wrote:

I agree (because this are not fan forums anymore, just look at the url), but that's not relevant

The mere existence of a sub-domain doesn't mean they are official forums ran by the in-game staff. It's entirely relevant as to discern whether his actions were appropriate towards myself.
I'd be fine with stating I crossed a boundary in response to him if I had done so - there hadn't been any guidelines specified whatsoever whereas he had been directly told NOT to ban people in-game for comments originating from here, Discord and Slack by several administrators.

Mylo wrote:

Also, just as suggestion: Stop using chat-examples like you would need to proof something. Just because someone else did wrong, it doesn't make YOUR OWN actions better.

I didn't use it as a justification for anything I've done - I used it to point out her hypocrisy in her own astoundingly insane and entirely self-uncritical ranting and attacks against my person and my position.
I'll discuss anything I've done with rational and reasonable people like yourself, not those who will allow their difference in opinion to dictate how they treat others and act like a fascist in who deserves their position or well-being.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#129 2017-11-30 13:36:20

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Alright, well it's clear that Atilla isn't willing to accept criticism or apologise, and doesn't give a damn about maintaining good relations with other staff or with the (apparently insignificant) proportion of the community on these forums. He should've stayed hidden in the backend and found someone actually capable of PR to bring this to a conclusion.

Accusations of hypocrisy are again just another stupid ad-hominem attack to downplay your own actions, but that's all I'll say because by now it's clear that further argument is pointless without NVD to take control and sort things out.

I suggest that people stop raging on here and instead contact NVD directly if they want to see progress.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#130 2017-11-30 20:42:53, last edited by Zoey2070 (2017-11-30 20:46:08)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:

sheer amount of backtracking is surreal

a) that was at LEAST in 2016
b) i literally said that i shouldn't have done that. i literally admitted it was wrong of me to do so.
c) you said a racial slur this month
d) and then continued to excuse it without saying "hey maybe... maybe saying the n-word wasn't okay"

i'm not a perfect person. i'll straight up admit it right now: i've said the n-word too. i've posted it on tumblr. i was fifteen and completely oblivious and unempathetic towards other people, and didn't understand the ramifications of the word. i've said people should just get over 9/11. i did that weird nazi-fetishization people do. i've referred to someone a ****.

the difference is that i understood i was wrong, i've apologized for it, and i've grown past that. when someone pointed it out, i acquiesced, apologized, and made a conscious effort not to use the words again. i've never used the n-word as an insult and i've never directed it towards a person. hell, i don't think i even used it with a "hard-r". people do dumb ****: i'm not immune to that. but i am able to accept i'm wrong, and i'm able to apologize. i was young, and i was an idiot (which doesn't excuse it), and i'm a better person now than i was then.

whereas i don't think atilla even apologized for insulting megalamb, let alone admit that he shouldn't have said a racial slur. holy **** dude it ain't that hard to admit you're wrong every once in a while.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#131 2017-11-30 21:20:36

Gosha

Ok, i am finally unbanned and can post my thoughts.

guys, wtf?
Why are you even discussion all this.

This problem happend in staff's chat. It should stay there and staff members should deal it themselves with NVD and without community.
I really don't like Megalamb's move to bring this all to forums and start drama. (sure topic is created my minimania, but i think we all understand that minimania doesn't have staff Slack chat, so there was a leak, and obviously it was megalamb)

You should all stop. Staff should solve their problems themselves.

Wooted by:

rat

#132 2017-11-30 21:34:51

XxAtillaxX

Zoey2070 wrote:

whereas i don't think atilla even apologized for insulting megalamb, let alone admit that he shouldn't have said a racial slur. holy **** dude it ain't that hard to admit you're wrong every once in a while.

I'll concede that I shouldn't have insulted him given his fragile feelings. I will apologize on that front, although I disagree at an impasse regarding the use of derogatory terms. I've admitted I was wrong in a statement I made two days ago in reply to you.
I've spoken to him since and he doesn't seem upset towards me regardless, and on top of that I don't think there's anything else that can be added to the topic which wouldn't be a re-iteration of a statement already made. I think I'll be leaving it at that.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#133 2017-11-30 22:20:52

Emma333

An apology with an insult is not an apology

Pm me with anything math related please

#134 2017-11-30 22:33:31

Priddle

real_tipocarlos wrote:

HELp

#135 2017-11-30 22:34:12

Blackmask

This topic is transforming in rape zone, close it please

Wooted by:

#136 2017-12-01 00:16:07

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

NVD wrote:
real_tipocarlos wrote:

HELp

check ur emails pls

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#137 2017-12-01 00:21:08

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:
NVD wrote:
real_tipocarlos wrote:

HELp

check ur emails pls

Oh, um... My email gave context to what was going on, yeah...

#138 2017-12-01 21:00:14

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hello, NVD told me (through emalton) that atilla's backend access has been removed.
whether or not that's actually true remains to be seen.

#139 2017-12-05 04:40:03, last edited by Xenonetix (2017-12-05 04:41:27)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'll concede that I shouldn't have insulted him given his fragile feelings. I will apologize on that front, although I disagree at an impasse regarding the use of derogatory terms. I've admitted I was wrong in a statement I made two days ago in reply to you.
I've spoken to him since and he doesn't seem upset towards me regardless, and on top of that I don't think there's anything else that can be added to the topic which wouldn't be a re-iteration of a statement already made. I think I'll be leaving it at that.

I appreciate this, and I was going to post a massive post, but then decided against it.

I would like to clear up one misunderstanding though:

XxAtillaxX wrote:

He removed the majority of his posts when he went on his angry tirade but:

Hidden text

I was "done" with the argument, thus not needing to take it to #arguments. I wasn't, at least at that point, saying I was done with the position. I wasn't resigning during that conversation.

Hopefully, we can leave it at that.

Xenonetix-2.png

#140 2017-12-05 09:54:39, last edited by Gosha (2017-12-05 09:55:02)

Gosha

yay you were able to remove an unoffical staff member, who did programming and stuff, from the staff. Congratulations, people!

Wooted by:

#141 2017-12-05 19:18:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Gosha wrote:

yay you were able to remove an unoffical staff member, who did programming and stuff, from the staff. Congratulations, people!

If this is sarcasm then I agree with your sarcasm.

Wooted by:

#142 2017-12-05 19:57:08

Gosha

this whole thing makes me ****

Gosha1512500228685363

Board footer