Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-24 06:14:47, last edited by Minimania (2017-11-24 21:45:16)

Minimania
Moderation Team

I am thankful

I'm very thankful for Everybody Edits. It was a really great stepping stone in my life, and it helped me to develop into what I am today. I'm sure it's like that for most of you as well, otherwise you wouldn't be here. I'm grateful to all of the friends I've made on this game, all the way back from 2010 where I made my first friend macandcheese, who interestingly enough didn't turn out to be on the Thanksgiving table today. I'm grateful for the community for providing a little solace for when I wasn't feeling like myself, and I'm grateful for the creativity of it despite their creativity being stifled by outdated code.

I'm also grateful to all of the staff that have participated their time and effort into making this game a great game. I'm grateful to Chris for planting this seed and I'm grateful to all of the torchbearers carrying the flames after him. I'm grateful for all of the work that was put into the game.

I'm grateful for the work being put into the game now ...which there is none of.

Everybody Edits is a great game, and a lot of time and work have been put into creating its final result. The problem is, we the community don't have that final result. The coding for EE Unity has already been finished, and a port to Steam has been planned for after WebGL was to be implemented if the new owner redacted cough took new ownership. So what have the staff been doing since then? Nothing. Work being put into the contest and the recent Halloween update was brought on by Megalamb. Apart from that, nothing. The staff have been twiddling their thumbs. The load screen still claims today to be Halloween, which was the last community-wide update ever made to the game. It isn't a very nice feeling, being a community member and being neglected like this, but at the moment, it's even worse to be a part of the staff. It's a dictatorship, and you're not safe. In the past, certain staff members have pushed for non-disclosure agreements so that certain sensitive information about them won't ever be told. Guess what happened to those. Mind you, the staff aren't being payed. I don't blame the staff for their incompetence. Money drives everything. The money being made from EE is sitting in a bank account collecting dust, except to pay to keep the servers up and running. The most recent intentions for this game were to have consistent updates with the highest quality possible, being pushed by a team of staff who are being payed for their efforts. None of the staff as far as I'm aware are being payed at all. No wonder nobody wants to do anything.

NVD is in charge right now, after having negotiations between him and Nou take place with Atilla as a freelance mediator. Ever since then, Atilla has been the front-runner of all the decisions that the staff make. He has the power to decide whether or not an update gets released or not, simply because NVD does not want to make that decision (and or is absent and can't make it), and none of the other staff put in any say. We were supposed to have a new campaign level released today, thanks to Megalamb. That update wasn't released. No, Megalamb was demodded. Why was he demodded? Unironically, he was demodded because Atilla thought that he possessed too much power and that it would get to his head, and that he was threatening to the community and to Atilla's authority. So, there we go, EE community, that's another update out of so many that have been pushed back because of an insecurity while the rest of the staff do next to nothing.

Atilla has been doing some good for the game. He was the negotiator between NVD and Nou, and he participated in the exchange of power between those two. (Nou just confirmed that he wasn't involved at all: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 42#p684142 ) He's also contacted outside developers to come develop the game in place of the current staff, and to exchange the power between both parties as well. I am thankful that he has. However, as a community member, it disappoints me that this change in power will most likely occur in half a year, likely. The developer he has been contacting is on vacation, and supposedly, when that person returns, power will be exchanged and the game will be rekindled and renovated. This is good news. It's very unfortunate that this kind of thing will be happening in such a long time from now, but this is understandable. What I don't understand is how Atilla has so much power. Apart from negotiating between parties and being a negotiator, he hasn't done anything else for the game. The current inactive staff team put a lot of work into the game's ports and updates, despite a lot of those updates ultimately being pushed back more and more. They should logically have the power to override any decision Atilla makes, even if it's just a moderator. They either don't have that power like they should, or they don't exercise at all. Atilla is not even a staff member. He shouldn't have the right to make decisions like the one made to demod Megalamb, which was done for "precautionary" reasons. Atilla doesn't even want to be a staff member. He wants to stay off the team, but call all of the shots himself. He is like a boss. So far, the team has been very loyal, fiercely loyal to him.

It wasn't just Megalamb that has been affected by this part of the staff. It's happened to Zoey too, and more (not saying Zoey is a part of the staff, but she has played an important role in the community etc.)

I'm sure you all remember the fiasco regarding Zoey being a judge and her scores being leaked early, but for those who haven't heard about it yet here.

A long time ago Zoey called TheGame a dips***. He said something bad to her in response, and he got banned for it. He called for Zoey's ban, and he didn't realize that Zoey was banned. He didn't trust that the staff did, so after that, he basically wanted to get revenge on Zoey and to make her suffer. He quit the game, but he came back when he heard Zoey was gonna judge a contest through Showpath. Showpath didn't "tip" TheGame or anything, he was just telling him there was a contest. Thegame was on Showpath's Teamviewer, and Showpath accidentally showed some of the conversation about the contest, and that Zoey was going to be asked to judge the contest. TheGame then told Showpath that AbysmalAxeofSilence should be a judge and Megalamb approved of the suggestion, so he then became a judge. TheGame's intention was to get Zoey in trouble. After the build stage, and during the judging stage, he duped AbysmalAxeOfSilence into asking for Zoey's scores, having also seen Zoey's spreadsheet through Showpath on a new occasion. TheGame was then the only non-judge at that point who had seen the sheet. Having gotten Zoey to screenshot her scores, and Abysmal to leak them to him, TheGame took screenshots of Zoey's scores, and made claims trying to argue that Zoey's scores had potential bias, even though she wasn't done scoring. This was confirmed by Megalamb and the time.

Abysmal leaked the scores to TheGame in Snapchat. TheGame leaked that to Oray, amongst others. Oray and the mystery individual who is innocent and wants to remain anonymous sent that to Atilla and a bunch of other people. The intention from TheGame was to get Zoey in trouble for judging in a biased way and leaking the scores. This is basically the revenge that he wanted to wreak on Zoey for... (not) getting away with insulting him I guess.
Megalamb pushed for a harsh punishment for actively trying to harm Zoey's reputation, but Atilla pushed against it. Megalamb's reasoning for pushing for a harsh punishment is the same reason killer intent is punishable in the real world. Atilla wouldn't have it, though. He was more focused on Abysmal, who had actually done something as a higher up to harm the results of the contest. Ultimately, Abysmal was punished more for actually having done something Atilla thought was an offense.
Eventually, Atilla unbanned TheGame. Atilla claimed Phinarose told him to reverse Megalamb's ban on TheGame, but Phinarose later confirmed that he reversed the bans first, before consulting anyone, and then he went and discussed it with Phina, who said it was okay because she hadn't decided a length for their bans yet.

As just a member of this community, voicing my opinion on the game right now, and using my right to free speech, the same right you used to call people the n-word, I want to ask this, right now

Who and what are you, Atilla? Why are you preventing EE from being updated? Why are you keeping these secrets from the community you're a part of? Why should we, the community let you have this authority?

Aside from all that crap, I really am, unironically, thankful to all of the staff, even the inactive ones, for what they've done, and Atilla too for helping to push for change, at least somewhat. Seriously. I'm being serious.

Warning. Large image:    https://i.imgur.com/FOys6mu.png

More crap
=======

TheGame/Abysmal fiasco: https://i.imgur.com/FlVvvq8.png

MEGALAMB: MINIMANIA: I accept I'm not innocent in all this: https://i.imgur.com/EtQaPnL.png

EDIT: He's referring to Phinarose here, not Zoey.

https://i.imgur.com/MnGJK4u.png

Take from this what you will.

by the way shoutout to elizeibeth, i love you you sizzlet you

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (6)

#2 2017-11-24 06:19:51

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: I am thankful

also worth noting for that last image that atilla decided to unban those 3 people for seemingly no reason

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2017-11-24 06:25:53

Abelysk

What's left of EE is like when salt water evaporates you get salt. All the nice innocent players left.

Wooted by:

#4 2017-11-24 06:26:31, last edited by Minimania (2017-11-24 06:28:00)

Minimania
Moderation Team

There is plenty of information that I can add to the original post to make it better. I will be editing the post for some time.

edit: the whole zoey situation wasn't explained well so i'm probably going to be editing that in

21cZxBv.png

#5 2017-11-24 06:34:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

What I am getting from this is:

- Unity is finished
- Megalamb has been demodded by Atilla even though Atilla isn't staff and Megalamb has been doing the most good for the game recently.
- The game is set to change hands in about half a year when Mr Shoe this mystery developer gets back from vacation.

Okay, points 1 and 3 are amazing news but seriously **** you Atilla for demodding Megalamb.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2017-11-24 06:41:49

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I used to find childlike wonder from this game, and now I find behind-the-scenes corruption that brings to mind politics. If what we understand is true, then atilla is not doing the game justice. You are not standing what this game is for, and I can't accept this.

This disgusts me, atilla. I don't want to see you be like this. I'm willing to forgive you if you just apologize.

#7 2017-11-24 06:45:00, last edited by Zoey2070 (2017-11-24 06:49:50)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

This isn't news, this isn't a surprise, and this is just more pointless EE drama. Nothing's going to be done, EE's not going to be revitalized, and at this point I don't know why we're even pretending anything's going to happen except more dumb drama.

Everyone knows Atilla's doing whatever he does behind the scenes and is running this whole thing. He has an administrative account.

Additionally, bringing up the contest stuff in this post without context is a little weird, so let me explain this in full:

- After we posted results, there was discussion about two people having the results early.
- It was determined there was a leaker.
- Atilla sent me screenshots of Abysmal in a snapchat group discussing contest information and insulting me.
- Abysmal leaked the results to multiple people.
- For some reason I was trying to be blamed for this? I don't even know. Abysmal called me a **** judge to people in the contest.
=> he asked for my averages for each category and said i was biased or something idk
- Also, I may have called Abysmal an untrustworthy piece of **** and started a fight in an EE world. my bad tho; I guess he got played really hard. Still shouldn't have leaked results but he was more or less just a pawn.
- I have no idea what TheGame's problem with me is, but on the plus side, he doesn't have my nudes so he can't leak them, you know, like he has with other EE players.

Y'all aren't masterminds of deception. This isn't a TV show. You don't have an audience. Y'all need to learn to be normal-**** people.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#8 2017-11-24 06:52:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

Nothing's going to be done, EE's not going to be revitalized, and at this point I don't know why we're even pretending anything's going to happen except more dumb drama.

How do you know that?

Everyone knows Atilla's doing whatever he does behind the scenes and is running this whole thing. He has an administrative account.

I didn't know about that. I thought that Atilla just hacked around whatever he wanted and helped the staff with security but this is news to me. Why didn't you warn us?

Y'all aren't masterminds of deception. This isn't a TV show. You don't have an audience. Y'all need to learn to be normal-**** people.

Which people here are you referring to?

#9 2017-11-24 07:09:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

Sorry for the messy post. I have everything down now, I'm going to be fixing up formatting and crap

21cZxBv.png

#10 2017-11-24 07:23:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

It seems like you're being quick to shrug off the heavy emotions some of us feel. That doesn't work unless you're referencing something in particular.

#11 2017-11-24 07:23:42, last edited by Zoey2070 (2017-11-24 07:24:03)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Nothing's going to be done, EE's not going to be revitalized, and at this point I don't know why we're even pretending anything's going to happen except more dumb drama.

How do you know that?

EE has less people than it ever has in its history. I think it's way too optimistic to think anything interesting's going to happen between all the in-fighting and BS that happens all the time.

I didn't know about that. I thought that Atilla just hacked around whatever he wanted and helped the staff with security but this is news to me. Why didn't you warn us?

i didn't think it was interesting enough to tell anyone; as far as i know he's only used it for dev purposes on the dev server (which i learned about when trying to get a demo of how the contest system worked) which probably means he's using it to make meth or something equally unscrupulous.

Which people here are you referring to?

just people in general I guess. like, you don't need to create drama for the sake of drama. it isn't gonna matter in the long run. don't say what "sounds good" like you're an actor in a show. be genuine, y'feel? be genuine and compassionate. care what you care about. leave the rest behind. be yaself. don't try to be a **** villian or a martyr or whatever.

maybe no one else has thought like that but i know when i was younger i'd do dumb **** like that because it seemed like that's how it would go if it were a work of fiction.

OP was edited so let me add something:

A long time ago Zoey called him a dips*** - He basically wanted her to commit suicide for it (that might be an overstatement) but he wanted her to suffer.

lol
gross overreaction to being called a ****

so let me summarize:
i called thegame a **** for whatever reason, so he retaliates by rigging a contest, trying to frame me, so i'd... be hurt? and then megalamb got demodded because of his reaction to the whole thing

ok
ee is a GOOD game with NICE FRIENDLY people

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#12 2017-11-24 07:52:31

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

EE has less people than it ever has in its history. I think it's way too optimistic to think anything interesting's going to happen between all the in-fighting and BS that happens all the time.

I also think it's way too cynical to think nothing interesting's going to come out of  our Mystery Developer. It's a point-of-view thing.

i didn't think it was interesting enough to tell anyone; as far as i know he's only used it for dev purposes on the dev server (which i learned about when trying to get a demo of how the contest system worked) which probably means he's using it to make meth or something equally unscrupulous.

Well, then thank you for letting us know now.

like, you don't need to create drama for the sake of drama. it isn't gonna matter in the long run.

When it involves the development of this game, it does matter, especially when compared to other drama that goes on. This very topic could result in the outcome changing so I'd recommend not overlooking that.

don't say what "sounds good" like you're an actor in a show. be genuine, y'feel? be genuine and compassionate.

I agree, but some of us are genuinely upset over this. My first post might have even been a bit more...raw than I feel comfortable with but I'm not taking it back until we get more development on this.

care what you care about. leave the rest behind. be yaself. don't try to be a **** villian or a martyr or whatever.

Some people simply care about the wrong things. Some people are bad people deep inside. Some people have served the world in over-the-top ways. Going with the flow doesn't work and has really messed up humanity, but maybe that's for another topic. Excellence is usually found off the easy path.

maybe no one else has thought like that but i know when i was younger i'd do dumb **** like that because it seemed like that's how it would go if it were a work of fiction.

I agree that this topic is a slightly harmful way to go about it and this probably would have been best discussed privately first if it hasn't already which I assume it hasn't.

ok
ee is a GOOD game with NICE FRIENDLY people

Sometimes the occasional stink that goes around can cloud our visions. Thank you for this.

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2017-11-24 09:24:06

Joeyc

my brain hurts a little. it'll all be okay. just a little ee and you'll be all better.

#14 2017-11-24 11:49:39

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

can i have a tl;dr version? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#15 2017-11-24 17:40:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Vinyl Melody wrote:

can i have a tl;dr version? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

The closest thing to that is Devlin's post.

#16 2017-11-24 18:01:36

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Honestly the most upsetting thing about all this to me is the lack of transparency. I feel deceived that Atilla's role has been kept secret and that we weren't told the reason for Megalamb's demodding. Something was said about not announcing Atilla as part of the team because it would hurt EE's rep? Well, by not telling us, we kind of figured it out from Atilla's posts, and since we weren't ever TOLD about his contributions, the whole situation just came off as sketchy (and it still kind of is).

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#17 2017-11-24 19:22:40

Nou

NVD is in charge right now, after having negotiations between him and Nou take place with Atilla as a freelance mediator.

Atilla has been doing some good for the game. He was the negotiator between NVD and Nou, and he participated in the exchange of power between those two.

What is this negotiating you're referring to? There was never any negotiating, Atilla wasn't involved directly in the transfer.

No u.

Wooted by:

#18 2017-11-24 19:26:50

Abelysk

1) Why is your Discord in light theme???

2) I wish I played EE without going on the forums. So much more innocent then

Wooted by:

#19 2017-11-24 21:25:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Nou wrote:

NVD is in charge right now, after having negotiations between him and Nou take place with Atilla as a freelance mediator.

Atilla has been doing some good for the game. He was the negotiator between NVD and Nou, and he participated in the exchange of power between those two.

What is this negotiating you're referring to? There was never any negotiating, Atilla wasn't involved directly in the transfer.

So you're telling me that was a complete lie?

21cZxBv.png

#20 2017-11-24 21:48:43

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

N1KF wrote:

I agree that this topic is a slightly harmful way to go about it and this probably would have been best discussed privately first if it hasn't already which I assume it hasn't.

It was discussed semi-privately before megalamb gave permission to post it with the logic of "they didn't accept the non-disclosure agreements"

suddenly random sig change

#21 2017-11-24 22:29:34

Nou

minimania wrote:
Nou wrote:

Idk where you got it from but I haven't talked to Atilla in any way

No u.

#22 2017-11-24 22:34:06

Minimania
Moderation Team

Nou wrote:
minimania wrote:
Nou wrote:

Idk where you got it from but I haven't talked to Atilla in any way

Megalamb was told by Atilla after a while of silence and avoiding the topic that Atilla was brought on to be a mediator and nothing more.

21cZxBv.png

#23 2017-11-24 22:37:32

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Zoey2070 wrote:

This community's capacity to create drama is simply amazing. I suppose conflict is inevitable whenever a number of entities hold different amounts of power, but EE really excels at creating situations that leave everyone worse-off.

Atilla, what's been the buzz-word of EE drama this year? Transparency? Go and introduce yourself in 'Game Business' you hypocrite.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#24 2017-11-24 22:39:05, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-11-24 22:56:00)

XxAtillaxX

First off. You don't need to make the illusion that you're speaking by youself. You didn't even take the effort to mention that you're speaking on behalf of MegaLamb.
He took those screenshots and sent them to us prior. It's very clear that he's using you for a mouth piece, apparently he's too much of a coward to speak for himself - and it's incredibly irresponsible for you to pretend as though this extremely one-sided and private matter is merely an opinion of yours, and not directly sourced from him.

minimania wrote:

Atilla has been the front-runner of all the decisions that the staff make. He has the power to decide whether or not an update gets released or not, simply because NVD does not want to make that decision (and or is absent and can't make it), and none of the other staff put in any say. We were supposed to have a new campaign level released today, thanks to Megalamb. That update wasn't released. No, Megalamb was demodded. Why was he demodded? Unironically, he was demodded because Atilla thought that he possessed too much power and that it would get to his head, and that he was threatening to the community and to Atilla's authority. So, there we go, EE community, that's another update out of so many that have been pushed back because of an insecurity while the rest of the staff do next to nothing.

No, I haven't been.

I don't decide anything in relation to updates being released. The only action I've taken in the last week is enabling Black Friday on NVD's direct request.
I don't have any involvement in updates aside from the contest - the current process of which is setting up a collaborative platform lead by cola who has recently returned from his essays.

I would like to clarify that it's wholly untrue that MegaLamb was demodded, and he certainly isn't threatening to the community nor to "my authority" - is it always necessary to have a villain behind everything?
We'd like him to stay and continue to help out. I don't get along with him as much as others, but I played no part in his resignation - it was completely of his own accord, and wasn't pressured in any way shape nor form.

Minimania wrote:

I didn't negotiate between NVD and Nou. I had created a topic concerning the previous administration and I've been very vocal about the reasons as to why the game was/is declining.
I don't care to trail on too much about this, but I like to be clear, so I'll keep it short and understandable. You can skip this if you already understand my role in the acquisition.

TLDR wrote:

In short, with a lack of profits there is an inherent inability to hire professional developers and an economic incentive to progress diminishes, even despite community-sourced volunteering.
If you don't have motivated developers (i.e. monetary incentive) you are at an extreme disadvantage, and it's a steady downhill slope as the productivity of your staff (who are paid nothing) decreases.

The previous administration has acknowledged this to some extent, and temporarily rectified it by hiring new unpaid developers from the community, instead of seeking the means of funding progress through an acquisition. *
Nou instead placed his bets on having a sole developer (Thanel) temporarily aided by a paid developer (Kaslai) to create an entirely new and performant client, in which to publish to Steam in order to create revenue.

I don't blame him for attempting this route, as it's the obvious choice to anyone who wishes to remain in charge - the mistake was that he didn't have a large enough team working on it, otherwise it could've worked out.

minimania wrote:

What I don't understand is how Atilla has so much power. Apart from negotiating between parties and being a negotiator, he hasn't done anything else for the game. The current inactive staff team put a lot of work into the game's ports and updates, despite a lot of those updates ultimately being pushed back more and more. They should logically have the power to override any decision Atilla makes, even if it's just a moderator.

I don't have "so much power" - I've offered my opinions on various updates and ideas but I've never prevented any updates from occurring.
I don't understand the contradiction either, earlier you stated that they "do next to nothing" and now they "put a lot of work into the updates."

minimania wrote:

Atilla is not even a staff member. He shouldn't have the right to make decisions like the one made to demod Megalamb, which was done for "precautionary" reasons. Atilla doesn't even want to be a staff member. He wants to stay off the team, but call all of the shots himself. He is like a boss. So far, the team has been very loyal, fiercely loyal to him.

I'm not a member of the staff beyond helping with development. I was given access to the backend in that regard. I don't need nor particularly desire to play a role in anything else beyond helping out.
It'd be helpful to include some context, at the time nobody was online besides Phinarose and he was extremely upset towards Phinarose for a disagreement they had. To quote:

Slack wrote:

megalamb [3:17 PM]
**** iot
IT
[3:18]
If Phina is going to be an ungrateful **** when she was supposed to be RUNNING this contest, I'm resigning
**** you all

If you are referring to his recent resignation:

I had mentioned that IPBans do not include a message and are fairly ineffective, as the actual account remains unbanned; IPBans only apply to IPs, intended for raiding or used in conjunction with account bans.

MegaLamb took offense at that and proceeded to be inflammatory towards me, so I proved it to him, sending him a screenshot of the database showing no message field existing, including calling him a rude name since he was being inflammatory towards me as well.

He got extremely upset at that point and being full of rage, he went ahead and banned my community account atilla for 99+ days. Jesse told him that in-game rules do not apply in the Slack chat, and MegaLamb ignored that, and replied telling him to ban me from Slack. He didn't remove my account ban, so it was there until I had to remove it myself the following day.

Moderators should not and cannot ban people for reasons outside of the game (think about how it'd be like if your EE account was banned for something you said on the forums or discord).
Kira did that to someone, and he was demodded for doing so. I removed his moderator privileges for doing so and for precautions since that was completely uncalled for and unexpected and he was clearly full of rage.

To further explain my reasoning behind taking precautionary measures:

In addition, a month prior to Nou giving the game to NVD, an in-game administrator CJMaeder was about to quit, he had planned on publicly releasing the shared secrets and fraudulently blaming me for it.
Thanks to Showpath, I had contacted Nou through Kaslai, Proc and I believe Zoey before he had a chance to do so, and he was promptly removed from the staff and the shared secrets were changed.

This set up a precedent where I don't trust people who are raging towards the rest of the staff to be in a rational state of mind upon their resignation.

It's an extremely common business practice for employers to revoke privileged access to their systems after they had fired an employee, or after their employee had resigned.
It certainly isn't anything to be personally offended by or consider an abuse of power.

---------------

In reply to the unstructured contest related wall of text:

I didn't reverse any bans without Phinarose's permission. You can ask Phinarose that, which you apparently didn't bother to prior to making that claim. (I know you're listening to MegaLamb one-sidedly but you could at least confirm third-party accounts.)
It came to a surprise to all of the staff that MegaLamb went ahead and banned TheGame and Ogotu without asking anyone about it, not even telling Phinarose.

He banned TheGame for 40 days and I asked Phinarose whether he should be doing so, and she said no, and so I asked if I should remove them, and she said yes. I did so.
He is currently banned at the very moment, as Phinarose made the final decision about the duration in his abscence, the very same applies to Abysmal.

If there's anything else, feel free to ask. I'd take screenshots of the conversation but I don't need to involve anyone else without their expressed permission in doing so.

minimania wrote:

Megalamb was told by Atilla after a while of silence and avoiding the topic that Atilla was brought on to be a mediator and nothing more.

I was asked to help with development from the very start. I don't know where he was told that, very likely interpreted by himself rather than anyone else.

Slabdrill wrote:

It was discussed semi-privately before megalamb gave permission to post it with the logic of "they didn't accept the non-disclosure agreements"

Nope. He didn't ask permission for anything and MegaLamb has been speaking to community members behind our backs about plenty of internal matters, including Minimania.

Tomahawk wrote:

Atilla, what's been the buzz-word of EE drama this year? Transparency? Go and introduce yourself in 'Game Business' you hypocrite.

You are going to act like you had no knowledge of my involvement when I've been extremely clear about it?

I've stated that I helped out with development and was negotiating an acquisition for quite a while now.
I'm entirely certain I've disclosed my fairly limited role on these forums, as well as in the fan Discord server.

TIL introducing yourself on the community fan forums is a requirement for having any interaction with the staff. I should go tell Kaslai and the rest that they forgot to make their introduction topic.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#25 2017-11-25 00:12:19

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ Sure I knew of your involvement, but it's news to me that you have a mod acc on EE and a significant level of access to EE's PlayerIO.

I might've known that had I read every post by you or about you, but it's strange that you have more power than most of the staff and yet don't consider yourself one of them.

Anyone who's more than a regular player - and not a secret mod or otherwise secret for a good reason - should be introduced to the community in an official way, for transparency and stability. You're an authoritative unknown, offering insider knowledge and making decisions without a clear place in the hierarchy. Having a powerful third-party undefined in the system is just asking for trouble, and NVD should clear that up, if only by publicly handing you the reigns for the remainder of this train wreck.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Gosha1512500228685363

Board footer