Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-17 22:39:28, last edited by iYam (2017-10-17 22:41:57)

iYam

Re: Everybody Suffers

Thanks, S. For sharing your story. I've known you for years and it's refreshing to run into an old time friend.

I have to agree with others here. It's an individual experience. So I'd just like to address your personal story instead of attacking you for projecting.

You have to understand that it's not all bad. While getting addicted to the computer et al is bad and is something that I'm personally concerned with, I also want to outline some positives out of this seemingly bad situation, by sharing my own story.

This game has been great to me in the real world! It helped me get into programming. I'm now a full stack developer, working in startups.
Without creating bots in EE, back in the summer of 2012, I don't know if I'd be able to say the same. And I love doing it.

It has peaked my interest in graphic design, which I am also doing nowadays. Zoey and others can testify for the fact that I've been envisioning some of the designs for blocks implemented lately to the game  -- all the way back in 2010 in eeforumify.

And most importantly, this game helped me learn English! I've passed the SAT-equivalent English section without any mistakes. This is due to the fact that this game enabled me to chat with my EE friends in and out of the platform.

So for me at least, it had real, positive effects on the outside world.

As a game, it's a tool. You can use it to hurt yourself but you can also use it to better yourself.
With that being said, I'm so happy that you found what makes YOU happy in your life. This is important! Keep doing that.

Stay in touch,
Yam.

Wooted by: (2)

#27 2017-10-17 23:06:42

Zumza

I can't be the only one right?

9oDfpzt.gif

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#28 2017-10-17 23:53:36

hummerz5

yeah I'm pretty much echoing what everyone else has been saying

It's not a perfect place but I think you're highlighting a somewhat noticeable division here. I had a friend who would periodically return to EE and discuss how it kept sucking him back in for a few days at a time.

So in short, I figure there are a good deal of people in this boat and an even larger deal not.

@ n1kf: People who might view EE as more controlling would probably develop some sort of dependence on a community or game even if it wasn't EE. This probably isn't new. Also, why is negativity 0 and not -1? Also you knew michaelan yeah he was an ****.

#29 2017-10-18 00:07:39

Bobithan

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But ask yourself this, is any moderator here truly a leader?

i am 100% a leader right everybody??

aka towwl

#30 2017-10-18 12:15:17

Prodigy

Bobithan wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But ask yourself this, is any moderator here truly a leader?

i am 100% a leader right everybody??

Eh, dictating leader. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

h0qIF0q.png

#31 2017-10-18 15:51:21

Lictor666

Zumza wrote:
I can't be the only one right?

https://i.imgur.com/9oDfpzt.gif

haha same

#32 2017-10-19 04:33:46

Taylor

Although I often view EE as hopeless, and a game which doesn't benefit me any more, I've met people from this game, who have become more than just "friends ingame". I started playing in 2012, and by 2014 met quite a few people. Many of them quit, but a couple stuck around, who are now close friends of mine. I'm glad to have played the game and experienced what i have with those said friends.  (Even though I haven't spoken face to face with them in real life, I still enjoy talking to them, and I enjoy their company.) Yeah, we've all sort of drifted away from EE, but the bond remains. The people I've met are the one positive thing that comes to mind when someone says "Everybody Edits."

unknown.png

Wooted by:

#33 2017-10-22 20:28:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

9,000th post. Neat. I didn't have anything planned but I guess discussing my view on life is better than some random Mafia post.

hummerz5 wrote:

People who might view EE as more controlling would probably develop some sort of dependence on a community or game even if it wasn't EE. This probably isn't new.

I would agree, but I think this game could make things worse. Sometimes the things people say here on this forum are just plain unpleasant (which I assume you often prevent), and I'd rather recommend somebody to something like /r/wholesomememes than this community.

Also, why is negativity 0 and not -1?

You ignored my comically long request not to respond to the stuff in the spoiler!

Water+balloons+are+supposed+to+be+tricky+as+to+_e938fd4a354d8508ce5ff5b51a19e59a.gif

That isn't something I've thought about that much really. I feel like my tendency to assume innocence by default has been something that I take for granted. Yet ironically, I assume human nature is guilty by default.

Humans by default don't like to be good. Put a person to the test without any emotional pressure, and they'll choose the most selfish option. Babies don't care what you think; they just want to survive. It's only through experiencing love (usually from their caretakers) that they learn to care for others.

I believe there is no "evil" in the literal "evil opposing force to good" way. It's just that evil people are the selfish ones. They do what they want for their own gain, whether it be entertainment or profit, even if it costs others. That's something we all do sometimes, and if we forget that, we may end up thinking in the pattern of thinking of ourselves as "righteous" when such a person posting on the Internet is probably really rare. That's the type of thinking that results in flame wars, or far worse—real wars.

So, how do we improve this community? I personally believe that our best choice is to respond lovingly. Sometimes that may seem silly, or completely nonsensical. But in this case, I think most people could agree with me that it's the best approach to take. I feel that many people here would be open-minded towards respecting others if they were surrounded by respectful people in their everyday interactions.

#34 2017-10-29 18:59:58

Filip2005
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Greetings to my former acknowledgeables, i'm moving forward with tremendous speeds in my life. I now have a true life with meaning which i can say without any shame that i am proud of. I have lots of friends, i talk with people my age, i hang out with girls. And i just wanted to like stop.

Not stop my progression at stepping up the social ladder by any means, but to take a steep brake from my great journey to create this thread here on a smiley game forum. A breather while you're doing the marathon you know? So i could breathe slowly for a minute and... look back.

Looking back at what i was... i feel sad. Not just for myself, but at the thought people are still trapped in this place. Unable to know when they should have jumped off the train that was clearly heading towards the cliff. Actually that's wrong, it has already fallen down the cliff. Since that time we have been remnants clinging on to rotting architecture rusting in the desert. That's what Everybody Edits has become. A refuge for socially awkward losers who fistpump each other with asinine contests and generic debating and philosophy to feel like they are a part of something greater. To feel a spark of life that's not too close for comfort.

What's even more hilarious is the people who claim EE is not "dead." It is. It is very much dead. As dead as the dull silence filling the room of every user in this forum when they yet again boot up the computer to play that smiley sandbox game, or reply comments in the forums of that game in the hopes of "woots" which will somehow make you feel good about yourself. As if socially inept people giving a thumbs up to a loser is somehow an achievement in which people strive for.

EE was a kids game, now it's just a trap that ensnares immature people by bonding them together, every single person here is so. You may claim EE still has "leaders." But ask yourself this, is any moderator here truly a leader? Or just another lost soul who rises in the ranks of a outcast dying tribe simply to gain recognition and titles they are unable to achieve or handle in the real world.

I was a late bloomer. I stayed playing this game far more than i should have. Endless sad nights of staying huddled over the computer screen filling my head with toxic entertainment to make me forget the call from someone that invited me to go out. The social life that could have been was forfeit so i could continue staying uninterrupted huddled over the computer screen.

I thought i would be happy... I thought this was the correct path. like so many of you still believe. But i was wrong.
You all have the chance to redeem yourselves, all you have to do is shut down the computer and go outside to find friends. Work to become something. Study hard no matter where you are or what you do. Rise up the ladder. Leave this toxic community so you can become something better!
All the depression and suicide topics here have not been unnoticed... I hope this post made you think about your situation. About escaping this vicious evil cycle that is Everybody Edits.

Everybody suffers together here in this forum and game, but there are those select few like me that escape. Make your choice.

Everybody Edits / Everybody suffers

Do the right thing.

This could only be made by shakespeare ;-; The best quote

I am Filip and I like women.

#35 2017-10-30 23:15:37, last edited by Moukdaboss (2017-10-30 23:26:45)

Moukdaboss
Banned

This game had potential... There is no trace left to be found... After the complete utter and disgusting fail of that trash called UnitEE, this game lost all hope. I stopped playing this game after that.

R.I.P Everybody Edits
2010-???

Someone please end this game so a number can be put in that spot, it has cancer and is fighting to survive...
But since it is weak it has no chance at survival.
Put it down.
End its misery.

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

#36 2017-10-30 23:54:44, last edited by kreacher (2017-10-30 23:58:36)

kreacher

0mYP84y.png Nice quitting

Moukdaboss wrote:

Someone please end this game so a number can be put in that spot, it has cancer and is fighting to survive...
Put it down.
End its misery.

No

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#37 2017-10-31 00:09:27

soniiiety

Moukdaboss wrote:

This game had potential... There is no trace left to be found... After the complete utter and disgusting fail of that trash called UnitEE, this game lost all hope. I stopped playing this game after that.

R.I.P Everybody Edits
2010-???

Put it down.
End its misery.

just because it is weak doesn't mean it can't survive, there is  always hope for anything, even if you don't know or hasn't happened yet,you can't always understand hope, or some don't have  it,because most of you are:idc about this game,it's dead,negative,too lazy,ignorence and more i haven't listed, this game can survive, and it's depends on what you all can do, not what you think,think good things,think of ways to fix this,there is always ideas and ways.

Wooted by:

#38 2017-10-31 00:53:19, last edited by Moukdaboss (2017-10-31 00:53:31)

Moukdaboss
Banned

kreacher wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/0mYP84y.png Nice quitting

Moukdaboss wrote:

Put it down.
End its misery.

No

hi stop playing doesnt mean i cant log on once in a while, im not actually playing lol learn facts

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Moukdaboss1509407599681806

Board footer