Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-16 05:49:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Everybody Suffers

Greetings to my former acknowledgeables, i'm moving forward with tremendous speeds in my life. I now have a true life with meaning which i can say without any shame that i am proud of. I have lots of friends, i talk with people my age, i hang out with girls. And i just wanted to like stop.

Not stop my progression at stepping up the social ladder by any means, but to take a steep brake from my great journey to create this thread here on a smiley game forum. A breather while you're doing the marathon you know? So i could breathe slowly for a minute and... look back.

Looking back at what i was... i feel sad. Not just for myself, but at the thought people are still trapped in this place. Unable to know when they should have jumped off the train that was clearly heading towards the cliff. Actually that's wrong, it has already fallen down the cliff. Since that time we have been remnants clinging on to rotting architecture rusting in the desert. That's what Everybody Edits has become. A refuge for socially awkward losers who fistpump each other with asinine contests and generic debating and philosophy to feel like they are a part of something greater. To feel a spark of life that's not too close for comfort.

What's even more hilarious is the people who claim EE is not "dead." It is. It is very much dead. As dead as the dull silence filling the room of every user in this forum when they yet again boot up the computer to play that smiley sandbox game, or reply comments in the forums of that game in the hopes of "woots" which will somehow make you feel good about yourself. As if socially inept people giving a thumbs up to a loser is somehow an achievement in which people strive for.

EE was a kids game, now it's just a trap that ensnares immature people by bonding them together, every single person here is so. You may claim EE still has "leaders." But ask yourself this, is any moderator here truly a leader? Or just another lost soul who rises in the ranks of a outcast dying tribe simply to gain recognition and titles they are unable to achieve or handle in the real world.

I was a late bloomer. I stayed playing this game far more than i should have. Endless sad nights of staying huddled over the computer screen filling my head with toxic entertainment to make me forget the call from someone that invited me to go out. The social life that could have been was forfeit so i could continue staying uninterrupted huddled over the computer screen.

I thought i would be happy... I thought this was the correct path. like so many of you still believe. But i was wrong.
You all have the chance to redeem yourselves, all you have to do is shut down the computer and go outside to find friends. Work to become something. Study hard no matter where you are or what you do. Rise up the ladder. Leave this toxic community so you can become something better!
All the depression and suicide topics here have not been unnoticed... I hope this post made you think about your situation. About escaping this vicious evil cycle that is Everybody Edits.

Everybody suffers together here in this forum and game, but there are those select few like me that escape. Make your choice.

Everybody Edits / Everybody suffers

Do the right thing.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2017-10-16 05:50:45

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Re: Everybody Suffers

I am honestly speechless at this beautiful wall of text

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#3 2017-10-16 05:57:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I 100% thought this was going to be a **** from the first sentence but honestly, you really hit the nail on the head here with what EE's become.

Is it "habit" or fear of change that keeps us here?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 2017-10-16 07:23:40

Xfrogman43

I say its pretty hard for a lot of people to quit a game you've been playing for so long. Something about the game, community, or something else keeps pulling you back into its gravitational pull and you get stuck for who knows how long until your next "hey im quitting this game for good"

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-10-16 07:31:16

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

I wasted money so I will stay...

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#6 2017-10-16 10:21:53

Gosha

2010-2013
Cool place to have fun

2013-2015
Cool place to talk with people/friends from forgein contries

2015-2017
lol wtf

#7 2017-10-16 11:37:03

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Do you have to assume that everyone here is either suicidal, pessimistic or otherwise depressed, with no social life? Are you some kind of messiah to lead us out of the darkness?

Sure, some people probably aren't seeing the sunny side of life, but I (and others) go on here because there are still decent people around and a kek or two to be had. Don't ruin that for me with your weary, jaded negativity; go write a dystopian novel if you need an outlet.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#8 2017-10-16 12:23:09, last edited by Gosha (2017-10-16 12:24:21)

Gosha

Tomahawk wrote:

Do you have to assume that everyone here is either suicidal, pessimistic or otherwise depressed, with no social life? Are you some kind of messiah to lead us out of the darkness?

Imo, people without social life suffer here. Kids like anatoly, peace, whirl only making their lifes worse because of ee. It takes social skills away and puts them in this closed community of people who constantly insult them.
EDIT: the worst thing is they don't understand that people are serious when they say "you should leave ee and get a normal life". they don't listen to this

People who have social skills and are pretty good at them become :cool guys:

#9 2017-10-16 12:37:54, last edited by Hostage (2017-10-16 12:41:33)

Hostage
Banned
Website

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same **** thing... over and over again expecting... **** to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these **** pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same **** thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

I think this quote could apply to everyone involved in Everybody Edits - the staff team, continuously pouring hours of work in an attempt to save a game with no further potential, or the active players - striving for a better time in a game that had all of it's fun quickly drained in a matter of years.

Everybody Edits is dead.

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#10 2017-10-16 15:44:52

Muftwin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

i hang out with girls.

(picture relevant)

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2017-10-16 15:46:43

XxAtillaxX

The vast majority of people that play this game are children in middle-school, they aren't suffering at all, they're having a typical childhood experience.

I'd hate to say it but your story is entirely anecdotal and ripe with projection from your own personal issues. I don't have any reason to believe that everyone, let alone a majority, of people here are socially awkward. I've personally seen the opposite.
It isn't readily apparent when you're socially awkward, considering you'll likely make friends with other people who are similarly awkward. I wouldn't place that label so conveniently, you haven't any real concept of how the people here live their lives.

I don't entirely believe you've gotten over your social awkwardness, especially given the anime avatar. If you aren't willing to accept that the smiley face game isn't the root cause of your issues in life, how are you going to improve beyond quitting the game?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

A refuge for socially awkward losers who fistpump each other with asinine contests and generic debating and philosophy to feel like they are a part of something greater. To feel a spark of life that's not too close for comfort.

I'm not entirely certain as to what you're referring to. I don't see how creating a contest or debating philosophy is attempting to be a part of something greater, nor how doing so equates to you being a socially awkward loser.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 2017-10-16 16:02:04

Vitalijus
Website

Talk for yourself, I've got social life and I still log in to troll some worlds and buy wide worlds for no reason.

wn7I7Oa.png

#13 2017-10-16 16:08:02

kreacher

I'm just creative, does that make me a sadistic loser with no friends? Also,

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

i talk with people my age

Omg so popular

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#14 2017-10-16 20:24:38, last edited by Emma333 (2017-10-16 21:11:44)

Emma333

Speak for yourself. I happen to like my friends here and irl, doesn’t mean me or my friends on this game are socially isolated. Maybe it’s just the people you spoke with on ee, but there’s more people who play this game.

Edit: I forgot to say congratulations on getting your life together. Thats a great accomplishment.

Pm me with anything math related please

#15 2017-10-16 20:50:10

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the EE community. I genuinely like talking with and debating people both in-game and on the forums. Who cares if the debate is over the game worthiness of a block that will never be added anyway? Trivial things are part of our lives and they can be enjoyable. I'm glad your life is heading in a good direction, but I highly doubt that has anything to do with EE. Over the last few months my life has definitely been improving; especially my mental health. Also over the last few months, I've been playing EE more and getting involved with the community more. Does this mean that EE was what improved my life? Probably not. Just like I doubt EE was the only reason you were unhappy. EE isn't the cause of those depression threads. A lot of people have depression and there are so many causes of it. In case you haven't noticed, the world isn't exactly a utopia. I also refuse to believe that EE, or any form of online interaction, is the cause of people lacking a proper social life. If anything they are a relief for them as here they are able to interact with people and share things they wouldn't feel confident enough to share or approach face to face.

As for EE being dead I still disagree. The game and the forums are still fairly active and whilst there is this kind of life left in the game it is not dead. Who cares if it never becomes popular again? Why do we always have to conform with what's popular? Why can't we just enjoy what's still here and be grateful for what we still have?

We're not trapped here. We can leave at any time. We all have our own many reasons for still playing this game, or at the very least, still use the forums. For me, it's because this game was a huge part of my childhood. In the stage of growing up where I am at now, gaining more and more responsibilities, your childhood is something you start to appreciate a little more and I'm not ready to let go of it yet.

By the sounds of this thread, your personal experiences of EE are bad ones. So if you want to move on from that then good for you. But for some of us, this environment is still something we can enjoy and we are not "lost souls" for continuing to stay. Just because we play a smiley block game it doesn't mean we don't have friends, that we don't aspire to become something, that we don't study hard. And yes, this post did make me think about my current situation. It made me think about how this last month or so has been the happiest in my life despite all the stress and how lucky I am that games like EE still exist to relieve some of that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2017-10-17 02:49:27, last edited by BuzzerBee (2017-10-17 04:37:28)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mod Note: merged with this topic

Grandma says I've been making great strides in my life. She says I now have a life filled with purpose, which is nothing to feel embarrassed about. I have a couple good friends, i help out at the local middle school sometimes, i am definitely not gay...totally not gay. And i just wanted to take a moment.

I don't want to bring my advancements to a halt, but I wanted take a moment from jerking off to brag about how I'm better than all of you. A breather while I'm choking the chicken, you know? So i could give the poor lad a break and... boast.

Reflecting upon my past... i feel heartbroken. Not just for myself, but at the thought people like to play Everybody Edits. Playing EE in 2017 is like being mad that the train is late when actually the train is on time and your watch is just fast. Actually that's wrong, I hate EE because no one there likes me. Since my life is glorious now, I don't waste my time playing petty games. That's what everybody Edits has become. It's a safe haven for people who are under me.

What's a real knee slapper are the people who say EE is not "dead." I said it is. Therefore it is. As dead as my pride and since of empathy for others, also people need to stop woot whoring even though I posted this to get attention and woots. As if you scum bags getting likes from other scum bags is going to make you less of a scum bag, like an achievement which is something I've never got.

EE was a kids game, now it's a place where all the peasants gather, every single person here is under me. You may claim EE still has "leaders." But ask yourself this, is any moderator truly as great as me? Or just another poor sap who lands an in game title but couldn't handle it in real life, even though most of them have held actual jobs, while I rarely leave my room.

Grandma says I was a late bloomer. I have watched a lot of hentai far more than i should have. There were many sad nights of ****' it to japanese cartoons and crying myself to sleep because i can't get a girl to even say hi to me. I once told grandma I was sick and skipped church so I could binge watch Boku no Pico.

I thought i would be content... I thought it would be better hentai. But i was wrong.
I have a chance to redeem myself, all i have to do is beg the pastor for forgiveness. Work to not be total trash. You will be as great as me. Stop playing this game because of reasons that don't affect me!
Most of my other topics have gone unnoticed... I hope this post stays on the first page for at least a day. About escaping this vicious evil cycle that is Everybody Edits.

I had a bad childhood, I'm blaming this game, it sucks, and unless you stop playing you're dirt beneath my feet. Make your choice.

I'm the cringiest mother **** on these forums.

Please end me.

lmao writing this, probably regret it tomorrow morning
was a satirical post of: pastebin . com / 3qMxUjbU

Discord: jawp#5123

#17 2017-10-17 04:17:12

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Personally I feel like this game derailed my life. And not necessarily in the bad sense, but in the sense that I let it make my life go a lot differently than it might have otherwise. Where would I be without this game? I'd probably appear as a completely different person in real life. I'd also probably have a different way of viewing life. I would also probably be doing very different things with my time.

Finding this game has caused me to put myself in a place where I trap myself in a system where I'm afraid to express myself to other real life people, which is by far the biggest problem in my life. But what I've learned from this is very great. I learned not to be so trusting, and I've also learned that I'm not as right as I think I am. I've learned a lot about the cynical nihilist modern world. Those may be uneasy things to learn but they put some things into a perspective. Although, I'm a youthful person with relatively little life experience or self-control, so I still have lots to learn up ahead!

I have learned a lot from this experience. And ironic as it may seem, I feel like the people that made me learn the most were my friends who were mean to me, like michaelan, iPwner, Bimps, and atillabyte. As much as I seem to get upset over this community it's because I'd rather not see people acting the way they do. Sometimes I lose sight of what really matters just like anyone else here. Why? Because it's pleasuring to think of yourself on top, where all your anger and hatred is justified, and that everybody else is wrong.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Everybody suffers together here in this forum and game, but there are those select few like me that escape. Make your choice.

Everybody Edits / Everybody suffers

Do the right thing.

Norwegianboy, I believe your post is written from a rather negative point of view. I also believe that it's part of the problem.

You say that this community is toxic, which comes across like you're saying you're above us because you left. While I'm okay with people calling out each other in the community when done in a humble, polite, and non-personal way, I don't think this is the best way to fix things.

I've realized a pattern in how people interact with each other (yeah, I can do that!):

If you call out others (inherently "negative") with negativity, it tends to create more negativity and conflict.
If you respond to negativity with positivity, it tends to (but not always) create a positive effect.

Because of this, I think it's most productive to treat others nicely and being a good example toward others. This is why I've been making less "this community stinks!" posts and more "we can do better" posts. It's also why my planned topic calling out the community for being insincere ended up mostly being a topic encouraging others to be sincere.

Off-topic personal detail thingy. Don't respond to this unless you want this topic to derail off the rails into the deep abyss of N1KF's philosophy of the world which usually happens whenever I go off on one of these off-topic personal detail thingies. So there you go. PSA for you. ? THE MORE YOU KNOW

#18 2017-10-17 04:26:10

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

literally no one is "trapped" here?
i work two jobs in addition to class and i hang out with friends and yet im still present here on the forums and the game
ee doesn't consume any of our lives and if we didn't enjoy talking to each other on the forums or playing the game then we wouldnt do it anymore
ee isn't some special game that has drawn us in, i dont think anyone really has much of an emotional attachment to it, there's no reason to romanticize it lmao it's a flash game

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#19 2017-10-17 04:57:36, last edited by proficuous (2017-10-17 04:58:29)

proficuous
Formerly terence

definitely a lot of assumptions made in ur OP, but i agree that this isn't a healthy atmosphere for anyone.

i mean there's gotta be something wrong with people clinging on to this game for this many years.

intentions might start out as pure nostalgia but quite often i've seen that manifest/feed off of depression and fear of face-to-face interactions for a lot of people i meet here

good luck 2u have fun and does everyone need to make such a big goddamn deal about it when they leave

Wooted by:

#20 2017-10-17 06:13:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

terence wrote:

does everyone need to make such a big goddamn deal about it when they leave

Yes...

Just wait and see...

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#21 2017-10-17 08:36:48

LukeM
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

Is it "habit" or fear of change that keeps us here?

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Something about the game, community, or something else keeps pulling you back into its gravitational pull and you get stuck for who knows how long until your next "hey im quitting this game for good"

Gosha wrote:

2015-2017 lol wtf

Hostage wrote:

the staff team, continuously pouring hours of work in an attempt to save a game with no further potential, or the active players

terence wrote:

i mean there's gotta be something wrong with people clinging on to this game for this many years.

Ever considered that some people might just like the game?

It's perfectly normal to like a game for multiple years, it doesn't mean that everyone that has is glued to it 24/7, just that it is the sort of game we enjoy, and there aren't that many other choices.

#22 2017-10-17 14:13:12

John

Nobody here is trapped, they just enjoy the game? Speak for yourself; I don't think many others have the same "problem" as you do/did.

The reason why I still play Everybody Edits is that I have hope for staff team and believe this is a great game. Sure there are some problems with it, but uh yeah nothing is perfect. Everybody Edits is important to me because I found who I am. While some of you think that's pathetic, (which lol i dont blame you) it is true for me. I never would've gotten into computers, networking, automation & programming if it wasn't for Everybody Edits.

Just because you aren't social or whatever, that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

PW?scale=2

#23 2017-10-17 15:24:32

skullz17

It only becomes a problem when you are actually unhappy with your life. That shouldn't be associated with EE, even if you are addicted and actually become a recluse, because that's still just a result of something else. You can play EE and not have these problems. It's bad to oversimplify things and blame very specific parts of your life. It always comes back to the same fundamental concepts for self-improvement.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#24 2017-10-17 17:07:25

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

But hey, there must be perks to this "hell", right?

I now have the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in 'Toxicity, Spam and Absolute Cancer', and could probably bang out half a thesis on 'An Examination of the Effects of Forum Drama on Community Cohesion and Intra-Hierarchical Group Dynamic'.

And what's amusing is that a degree like that will probably make you employable by the time 90% of the population has fast internet.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#25 2017-10-17 20:15:01

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

lol I enjoy reading these walls of text
this is why I

Devlin wrote:

actually like the EE community

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:
Moukdaboss1509407599681806

Board footer