Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-18 14:24:28

John

How has Everybody Edits impacted your life?

It's gotten me into computers, what about the rest of you?

PW?scale=2

#3 2017-10-18 15:03:50

capasha

Re: How has Everybody Edits impacted your life?

It have helped me to meet awesome people.
If I didn't like bot making I would never have learn't C#.
I have also met people with the same interests as I have.

#4 2017-10-18 15:27:22, last edited by MartenM (2017-10-26 00:20:18)

MartenM
Website

When I started playing EE in 2010, I only played worlds, on my own.
I did not have chat back then. I did not meet people. Summary: It did not impact my life that much.

Then I took quite a big brake from EE. I left it completely.

But, when I was bored somewhere about a year +/- ago I decided that I would check out the game again, just to see if it was still alive.
To my surprise it still was. I remembered that I used to use bots like NBot and other sorts of bots.

I really liked them but could not find a working version. What I did find were the tutorials on how to make a bot.
My intrest in computers and programs has always been there. With some confidence I started watching the vids.
That's when I really started programming in c#. I had some basic knowledge (I knew what a int was and a string but that was about it) but making bots really helped me to improve.

My first bot is/was MrBot and somehow it manged to survive longer than I could ever think it would. Not sure if that's a good thing tho, but the reason I made it was simply because there no working snake bots.
If there were working snake bots I probably would never have made a bot :O

I found joy in fiddling around with code, and the rest that comes with it.
Also met a lot of nice people here that made me laugh from time to time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
One of them is pretty evil, almost a devil.

So here I am right now, knowing how to program (still nub but hey! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile).

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:

#5 2017-10-18 16:00:10

Anatoly

capasha wrote:

Sadly some people are excluded from your beautiful post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#6 2017-10-18 16:15:34

skullz17

I met pretty much all my internet friends on EE. I learned basic C# through bot making (though I would probably learn it eventually anyway). And I noticed some things about game design for multiplayer games and why EE kind of failed.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#7 2017-10-18 17:53:49

John

skullz17 wrote:

I met pretty much all my internet friends on EE. I learned basic C# through bot making (though I would probably learn it eventually anyway). And I noticed some things about game design for multiplayer games and why EE kind of failed.

MartenM wrote:

<snip>
So here I am right now, knowing how to program (still nub but hey! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile).

capasha wrote:

If I didn't like bot making I would never have learn't C#.
I have also met people with the same interests as I have.

Thank you all for sharing, I've updated the second post with links to your posts.

AnatolyEE wrote:

<snip>
Sadly some people are excluded from your beautiful post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Sadly your post didn't contribute to the topic at all.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#8 2017-10-18 18:10:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

before 2015: literally nothing, i just played the game for **** and giggles
there were some attempts at making smileys back in 2011 or 2012 but meh

after i came back to forums in 2015: met a lot of interesting and funny and cringey people from around the earth globe that may or may not have similar interests and problems to that of mine, communicating with a lot of you served (and still does serve) as additional practice in speaking english for me which i deem very valuable. some attempts at bot making got me to learn some non-unity based visual studio (before that i used VS for coding a unity game but never for a standalone program). oh yeah trying to screw up EE code (and haxEE code too) was fun, especially the huge jumps and flying at the speed of light?
i'd say that EE didnt have a single big impact on my life, but rather a bunch of small impacts.
as for me, the best part in all of this is making friends and chatting with people from so many different countries that are yet so similar to you

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#9 2017-10-18 18:19:54, last edited by Nebula (2017-10-18 18:21:07)

Nebula

It helped me to ruin my life (thanks to oray to be called with a inappropriate name)
You, now hating me since I didn't actually liked the avatar Latif did is pure realistic.

And, I still have other things to do, than EE.

#10 2017-10-18 18:51:47

Gosha

Whirl wrote:

It helped me to ruin my life (thanks to oray to be called with a inappropriate name)
You, now hating me since I didn't actually liked the avatar Latif did is pure realistic.

such a poor soul, it must be very sad to constantly misunderstand the conclusions of your actions

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2017-10-18 19:40:12

mrjawapa
Corn Man 馃尳
Website

EE kept me from talking to girls

Discord: jawp#5123

#12 2017-10-18 20:30:30

Firecrackericebreak
Website

progamming
online friends
2d - 3d art skills (i am pretty trash at it in the game but irl im decent now)
learning how to EXTRACT A ZIP
use of photo editing softwares (through forum posting)
love of sandbox games (may try to make my own //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile (EE REVIVE??/?))

#13 2017-10-18 20:53:41

Nebula

Gosha wrote:
Whirl wrote:

such a poor soul, it must be very sad to constantly misunderstand the conclusions of your actions

You, stop being rude to me, please. I am very tired of you saying to me rude things.

#14 2017-10-18 21:23:42

Gosha

Whirl wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Whirl wrote:

You, stop being rude to me, please. I am very tired of you saying to me rude things.

It wasn't rudeness,  it was sympathy

#15 2017-10-18 21:23:46, last edited by Emma333 (2017-10-18 21:24:41)

Emma333

A few years ago my parents wanted me to do an online typing course and I had to work an hour a day on it. At the time I didn't have my own computer and had to do everything on the computer in the livingroom, so my parents knew I was working on the course when they heard me type very fast. However the typing course was boring and since I had no self discipline I played EE instead. When my parents thought I was just very exited to get the fastest score on the typing course I was actually very aggressively playing 200 lava minigames and now thanks to everybody edits I don't have my typing certificate //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Pm me with anything math related please

#16 2017-10-18 21:26:43

Xfrogman43

Whirl wrote:

Honestly you should either:
not post stuff that people can make fun of you for (if you're really sensitive like you seem to be)
ignore/dont care about what other people say like most of us do here anyway because its an online forum.

ee gave me relationships and great friends to hang out with on ee and other games. Taught me how to program (by hummerz5 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile)

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#17 2017-10-18 21:51:43

Nebula

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Whirl wrote:

not post stuff that people can make fun of you for (if you're really sensitive like you seem to be)
ignore/dont care about what other people say like most of us do here anyway because its an online forum.

Sorry, but I am Forum Admin on another forum.

#18 2017-10-18 21:54:57

capasha

Whirl wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Whirl wrote:

Sorry, but I am Forum Admin on another forum.

I guess everyone is banned on that forum.

#19 2017-10-18 21:58:43

Guest.

ee hasnt impacted me at all but its more of the people i met in it, specifically toop and badoosh

they helped me be not as **** at graphic design so thats good ig

#20 2017-10-18 23:58:39

Pingohits
Banned

pixel art, platforming games, the word "****", how to draw a swatsika, programming, giving me something to do all day, schlemen loganstein

791mAP8.png

#21 2017-10-19 00:08:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xfrogman43 wrote:

ee gave me relationships

wait what
teach me

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#22 2017-10-19 00:11:27

John

Thanks for sharing, some of you I thought were not serious / off topic / joking around I didn't put on the 2nd post, let me know if you are serious.

Whirl wrote:

<snip>

You stop posting random garbage that nobody wants to read. We're all sick of it at this point.

PW?scale=2

#23 2017-10-19 00:31:53

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

I'm a very reserved person, and I barely play games. EE might not be the oldest game I've ever played, but definitely the most special one.

Everybody Edits was one of the very few games to ever reach my heart. I really can't believe I have spent 8 years in what is technically nothing more than a simple bi-dimensional sandbox game. But for me, it's clearly more than that.

When I started to play it in 2009, under the name Platform Sandbox on Nonoba, I knew I finally found a game with a simple concept, that I could play everyday without getting bored.

It might sound weird for someone like me, who always kept a low profile not only on EE, but on every game and community I've been on, to express how much I have enjoyed this game on all it's aspects.

When you felt off door stairs right before you could reach the top, at the good old Stairs To Code. There's that triggering feel of defeat, then that moment of pleasure and satisfaction when you reach the top, and hit the key, making all the other players falling off, making them feel what you felt, and it would repeat.

I've clearly made huge mistakes each time I claimed to leave EE, because I never did. I would still be around the community and open the game at least once a week, eve if it was to check the lobby, spend energy and nothing else. But I was still going around, and at those days when I had absolutely nothing to do, no other games to play, and the idea of "build" comes to my mind, EE was the perfect game to play in those moments.

I've never been on the way to become a recognized player, as I've never been a good world builder, and I wasn't so good at mini-games. Most of veterans have already completed Looks Can Deceive and Fractured Fingers, and some of them even completed Perpetual Frustration.
Meanwhile, I'm still stuck at Pancake Quest, the tier 4 of the Endurance campaign. But then, most of the veterans complete them just to get the prizes, while I only try to have fun in the levels. I just play them as if they were normal adventure players, as if campaigns didn't exist. I ignore the fact that there are prizes which I should fight for. Of course, I still get excited when I complete the level and receive the rewards. But the whole point on campaigns is on having fun, which is why I stopped at this point.

I've lately been losing the joy in the game, which I consider normal at my age. With more important things such as college, and jobs, I only get around to talk with the community, but not play the game at all.
But even with the title of System Engineer, which is the one I'm studying for, and working on a popular enterprise, I will still walk around EE. Absolutely nothing in the world will separate me from the game that has marked my childhood.

I don't seek writing the longest post here. I'm writing this post with my heart. This game had an huge impact on me, and I would really like it to stay up forever, something that we all hope for.

Wooted by:

#24 2017-10-19 00:42:25

Latif

Before secondary school I was just playing **** worlds and opened my boss world every day. Of course like all kiddies, I used NBot a lot. When I learned some English I started making friends.

If EE never existed I would never have learned how to program. I would have got higher grades at school because I'm often playing EE too long so I can't study anymore. My English also improved from EE. Sending a chat message used to be a difficult chore //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad But now I'm used to it and fortunately I've got good English teachers at school //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

In short, programming and English.

#25 2017-10-19 00:56:09

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

friendship, level design

suddenly random sig change

John1589757349781044

Board footer