Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-08-20 22:05:59

Processor

Re: EE isn't getting a new owner

XxAtillaxX wrote:

This update is a fairly quick one and doesn't change very much. The next update in the meantime will introduce some new world design features, hopefully it'll be ready by early September.

Great but I thought you were going to focus on unity? Did you give up on unity? What happened? Why the change in attitude towards the flash game? Is it related to the fact that the game takeover has stalled? Something has gone wrong in the management of the game. Nobody is admitting to that.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You're upset that I didn't answer your request to speak to them, since I know what you're like and your intentions to manipulate and raise spurious accusations like you have in this case.

That was for a small thing which is no longer relevant and I would have long forgotten about it if you werent going to remind me every time you post here lol. I don't know what information you think I have that I could use to harm or manipulate the process with.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm fairly sure there's enough reason to not make revealing statements about who may acquire Everybody Edits, since there's people like yourself who attempt to intervene into processes (no pun intended) which isn't any of their business.

And so it's your job to protect the new baby owner because they cannot make their own opinion? Hah.

Are you always going to be the middle man between them and us? God forbid they come in contact with the internet! Dangerous place!!

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It's in the negotiating and hiring phase, they haven't found any developers to hire yet, and hence there'd be no point in reaching out to the community.
It's still on the table, it isn't finalized. If this doesn't go through, I'll be the first one to let everyone know.

All I have is your word for it, and you aren't even staff. Please excuse me but I need to see more than that to be convinced. You have no moral obligation to prove anything to me, but at the same time you shouldn't be offended when I question the accuracy of your statements.

You haven't progressed in months and you're hiding this fact from us with your silence.

Oh, so you're searching for developers? I don't recall seeing any hiring campaign on any major jobs site. How are they searching for developers? Are they waiting for them to grow on trees?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#52 2017-08-20 22:31:41

XxAtillaxX

Processor wrote:

Great but I thought you were going to focus on unity? Did you give up on unity? What happened? Why the change in attitude towards the flash game? Is it related to the fact that the game takeover has stalled? Something has gone wrong in the management of the game. Nobody is admitting to that.

We've been spending some time trying to deal with Unity, although it was given up when the acquisition was started.
I think it'd be best to have updates in the meantime instead of letting things stagnate, my attitude hasn't changed in the slightest.

I've been consistently stating that the management isn't great and so have the rest of the staff. I'm fairly aware most people are aware of that, including yourself.

I've always been against members of the community running the game, and I had the foresight when MrShoe announced Guardians to realise that was the goal.
This is the best solution in that regard, rather than handing the game over to another community member, playing hot potato with no funds to allocate towards the game.

Processor wrote:

That was for a small thing which is no longer relevant and I would have long forgotten about it if you werent going to remind me every time you post here lol. I don't know what information you think I have that I could use to harm or manipulate the process with.

It's not very hard to deter people from making a tough decision. I don't know your intentions, and I have no reason to assume any good intention. The fact that you create a topic that explicitly makes unfounded claims is evidence enough that you'd rather cause controversy than realising a serious business acquisition isn't a quick process, especially when there's a large amount of funding on the table.

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

This update is a fairly quick one and doesn't change very much. The next update in the meantime will introduce some new world design features, hopefully it'll be ready by early September.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You're upset that I didn't answer your request to speak to them, since I know what you're like and your intentions to manipulate and raise spurious accusations like you have in this case.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm fairly sure there's enough reason to not make revealing statements about who may acquire Everybody Edits, since there's people like yourself who attempt to intervene into processes (no pun intended) which isn't any of their business.

And so it's your job to protect the new baby owner because they cannot make their own opinion? Hah.

Are you always going to be the middle man between them and us? God forbid they come in contact with the internet! Dangerous place!!

No. I'm stating my own opinions. I don't have faith in the community when people have decided to be as toxic and unlikable as they possibly can when they're upset for the slightest reasons.
You've even insinuated that you should create a bot that spams the lobby, as other people have been doing.

The only thing I can interpret from that is an advocacy for the herd rage mentality and its dismissal of of other players' experience with playing the game.
I'm sure you'll play along as if it were a joke though. I think your attitude on Discord at the time says enough that it wasn't quite as joke-y as you'd probably like to make it seem.

Processor wrote:

All I have is your word for it, and you aren't even staff. Please excuse me but I need to see more than that to be convinced. You have no moral obligation to prove anything to me, but at the same time you shouldn't be offended when I question the accuracy of your statements.
You haven't progressed in months and you're hiding this fact from us with your silence.
Oh, so you're searching for developers? I don't recall seeing any hiring campaign on any major jobs site. How are they searching for developers? Are they waiting for them to grow on trees?

I have the word from several staff members. They have, on many occasions, confirmed that I'm stating the truth. I'm not offended either that you're questioning it, however the title of the topic is an unfounded statement, not questioning. I couldn't care either way, but I'd like to have my word in with while you stir the pot with your claims.

The previous administration hasn't progressed in half a year or more, and they weren't even looking to fund the game. It's been a charity project ever since MrShoe left, and this is the result.
I'm not discussing where they'd hire developers, again I wouldn't reveal who I've been speaking to towards a community who would ultimately have a backlash against them if they were to decline.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#53 2017-08-20 22:39:24

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

It's like Proc would be happier if nothing came of this.

Why do all active ex-mods become so negative about the game?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#54 2017-08-20 22:48:04

XxAtillaxX

Tomahawk wrote:

Maybe because they weren't paid to the point where the moderators sold gems for their own profit.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#55 2017-09-30 23:06:25

Processor

Tomahawk wrote:

What is coming out of this? I'm unhappy because nothing is happening.

Feel free to believe I'm crazy to think this but: EE isn't getting a new owner.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#56 2017-09-30 23:33:17

Luka504

Processor wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

What is coming out of this? I'm unhappy because nothing is happening.

Feel free to believe I'm crazy to think this but: EE isn't getting a new owner.

Oh boy i definitely agree.
It's been a few months now and we heard practically nothing from this "Person who will save EE". With each passing day Atillas posts become more empty and meaningless, as empty as the promise of Unity being created.

I'm sorry but I just cannot take the idea of a new owner seriously. It genuinely feels like Atilla is pulling us on a string of "Oh dont worry guys a new owner will save EE and fix everything" just to keep the game alive for another week or two to cough up a few more pennies of revenue before it dies. And I am likely to keep that stance until I actually meet the person who is interested in EE. And no your "I want to keep his identity a secret for now because I don't want people messaging him" card isn't gonna work. Except for maybe one or two messages, who would actually bother contacting him in this community?

Honestly everything that has happened so far points to this promise being as fake as all the others.
*Waits for backlash*

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#57 2017-10-01 04:56:45

matthewapril15

processor I quitted now and its sad bye

d0VbXxW.png?1

#58 2017-10-01 08:42:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Yeah Attila can you give us some updates on unity the potential new owner?

Like what happened to this discussion they are supposed to be having with NVD because it clearly isn’t going well...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#59 2017-10-01 08:45:55

Anatoly

Can EE be transferred to a new IO Server?

Basically copy &pasting all data to a new PIO Id and keep the 90% discount?

NVD will not give ownership away, that's why.

#60 2017-10-01 09:19:02, last edited by LukeM (2017-10-01 09:21:05)

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Can EE be transferred to a new IO Server?

Basically copy &pasting all data to a new PIO Id and keep the 90% discount?

NVD will not give ownership away, that's why.

No for three reasons
1. They wouldn't give two games the discount
2. Can't copy over the server, I don't think anyone has the source for that
3. I'm pretty sure NVD will give up the game, he may be a bad owner, but he's not evil

Wooted by:

#61 2017-10-01 09:23:40

peace

copying all data to a new sever? that cost a lot of time for ee cuz ee has MUCH MUICH data stroed in PIO

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#62 2017-10-01 11:22:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^^ You nubs wait years for unity and can't stay off the hate train for three months over this.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#63 2017-10-01 15:26:34

Zumza

Common guys this type of false promises are as old as the EE itself.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#64 2017-10-01 16:11:05

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

1. Still in discussions with the potential new owner.
2. If the potential new owner takes over, EE Unity is unlikely to happen, but better things may happen instead.
3. If the potential new owner ends up declining, EE Unity may happen, but it's still relatively unlikely.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#65 2017-10-01 16:13:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Mega Lamb wrote:

2. If the potential new owner takes over, EE Unity is unlikely to happen, but better things may happen instead.
3. If the potential new owner ends up declining, EE Unity may happen, but it's still relatively unlikely.

So basically all hope of unity is dead? It's not even a case of development has halted and will resume 'someday' anymore it's just straight up being cancelled.

Also if the "better things" isn't a steam release then I want my money back.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#66 2017-10-01 16:31:19

LukeM
Website

Devlin wrote:

So basically all hope of unity is dead?

Mega Lamb wrote:

EE Unity may happen, but it's still relatively unlikely.

Since when does 'its unlikely' = 'all hope is lost'

So no, all hope is not lost, just most of it

#67 2017-10-01 16:32:18

Kikikan

Mega Lamb wrote:

EE Unity is unlikely to happen, but better things may happen instead.

EE Unreal HYPEEEEEE

Wooted by: (3)

#68 2017-10-01 16:37:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Unlikely hints there are no plans for it. It is evident from the lack of progress that Unity is not something being worked on by the current team who are "unlikely" to go through with it. Furthermore, if the new owner candidate has already decided that they are "unlikely" to work on it if they become the owner then I doubt that Unity is going to happen either way. If the potential new owner has no plans to continue trying to convert to EE then this is where I, personally, lose hope for it. Other people lost this hope a long time ago but I have only just done so. I genuinely think it is pointless for the community to pursue the idea of unity if neither possibilities of staff do so themselves.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#69 2017-10-01 16:58:20

Guest.

Mega Lamb wrote:

w e b g l

#70 2017-10-01 17:49:42

Processor

Mega Lamb wrote:

1. Why haven't you reached a conclusion yet? What difficulties are present?
2. What are your plans for the future? What "better things" may happen?
3. None of the current staff (or atilla) are fit to run the company, so how will you deal with the situation that the potential owner declines?

Wooted by:

#71 2017-10-01 18:02:05

peace

Processor wrote:

3. None of the current staff (or atilla) are fit to run the company, so how will you deal with the situation that the potential owner declines?

can nvd run it?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#72 2017-10-01 19:10:37

Kira

Can we just kill this game already jesus **** christ

Wooted by:

#73 2017-10-01 19:20:17

LukeM
Website

Kira wrote:

Can we just kill this game already jesus **** christ

Why would you want to kill it?
And if you wanted to kill it, why would you still be looking at the forums?

#74 2017-10-01 20:37:33

MartenM
Website

Devlin wrote:

Also if the "better things" isn't a steam release then I want my money back.

They could even do it with the flash version if they wanted it.
RotMg is also just a flash game.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#75 2017-10-01 21:11:07

John

not sure i should be saying who but someone is working on a js client

i think they are on the physics portion, im unsure

PW?scale=2

Xenonetix1506978109679164

Board footer