Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-07 21:36:02

Processor

EE isn't getting a new owner

Sorry for the clickbaity title, this post doesn't include any facts.

I have to break it for you guys, EE won't get a new owner. Weeks have passed without any actual updates on the transfer. It almost sounds like Unity all over again. A promise that will never get delivered. How typical of EE.

Announcing big updates and slowing down the update frequency has been the business strategy of EE since Unity came around.

We've waited long for Unity to appear. We've waited long for the new administration to fulfil their promises. Are we really going to continue letting staff play this game on us?

EE development has now completely stalled. I find it hard to believe anything will change when there is no visible momentum in the project.

I wonder...

Why does the future owner need to hide behind atillas face? Why haven't they introduced themselves to us? I sense a lack of commitment.

Receiving community approval is crucial if they are interested in the game's success. Something is holding them back...

Yet, we hear the same message from atilla: a deal is coming soon.

Probably because no progress is being made.

You were told the same thing when you asked about Unity, remember?

This is how EE keeps its players, it's the business model of EE.

Do expect atilla to become the new owner. Do not expect extra funding or UnitEE.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#2 2017-08-07 21:37:30

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Re: EE isn't getting a new owner

The plot thickens as MrJawapa is found out to be a secret moderator.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-08-07 21:41:35, last edited by Gosha (2017-08-07 21:42:11)

Gosha

bush did 9/11

it was ee businessmodel

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2017-08-07 21:46:36

benedani

wat.

atilla takes over.

ok

Wooted by:

#5 2017-08-07 21:48:59

XxAtillaxX

Well, at least you aren't claiming to have any facts - I would have stopped there if not for the guaranteed replies the topic will get.

A promise that never gets delivered? I never made any promises, I explicitly stated that there's no guarantees of an acquirement and I was merely stating what is currently happening. It's not my decision. I'm not NVD.

You've waited so long for Unity to appear? You were apart of the administration during it's entire development, and if you wanted it so badly, you had every opportunity to help during it's development spanning multiple months - you weren't merely a member of the community.

What do you consider stalling? The lack of adding a new smiley and block every month? That's what you got during Nou.

As previously stated on numerous occasions, I don't need to name anyone whilst a deal hasn't been finalized. There'd be undoubtedly people like yourself or worse that would pester them relentlessly, for either not accepting or not pandering to the community right now, which is presumably why you messaged me a few days ago asking to speak to them directly.

The community that exists is a fraction of what it used to be, what amount of approval from this minuscule community would entail an increase in players?

I wouldn't own this game nor would I recommend any member from the community to own it. We've seen how that has turned out, and you approved of it during the Guardian fiasco.
I was one of the very few people who were against it in the first place.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 2017-08-07 21:50:58, last edited by Firecrackericebreak (2017-08-07 21:51:19)

Firecrackericebreak
Website

at this point mrshoe cared about the game more than nvd

#7 2017-08-07 22:19:19

Processor

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You've waited so long for Unity to appear? You were apart of the administration during it's entire development, and if you wanted it so badly, you had every opportunity to help during it's development spanning multiple months - you weren't merely a member of the community.

You're attacking my person instead of my argument (ad hominem). Who I am is entirely irrelevant in this topic.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

A promise that never gets delivered? I never made any promises, I explicitly stated that there's no guarantees of an acquirement and I was merely stating what is currently happening. It's not my decision. I'm not NVD.

The disclaimers you make do not change the impression people get from your posts.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

What do you consider stalling? The lack of adding a new smiley and block every month? That's what you got during Nou.

How about the lack of any progress?

Just because the nou administration did things wrong doesn't make things acceptable now.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#8 2017-08-07 22:37:58

XxAtillaxX

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

You're attacking my person instead of my argument (ad hominem). Who I am is entirely irrelevant in this topic.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of your complaints. I'm not attacking your person, I'm attacking your previous actions or lack thereof, in contrast to your statements.

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

The disclaimers you make do not change the impression people get from your posts.

It isn't my responsibility for what people feel about what I say, I said everything as bluntly as possible.
They can interpret and feel any emotions they like about my statements, negative or positive.

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

How about the lack of any progress?

Just because the nou administration did things wrong doesn't make things acceptable now.

I'm not apart of the development/administration, it isn't my responsibility, NVD is the the owner and leads the administration. It isn't acceptable, and I wish it'd be better, as a player.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2017-08-07 23:04:15

Processor

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of your complaints. I'm not attacking your person, I'm attacking your previous actions or lack thereof, in contrast to your statements.

What even? I am saying the game administration under nou and also myself could not keep its promises. I am critiquing the time I was an admin myself and you call it hypocrisy... Are you ok?

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It isn't my responsibility for what people feel about what I say, [...]

If you really felt like it wasn't your responsibility, you wouldn't be replying in this thread defending yourself.

#10 2017-08-07 23:19:06

Luka504

Atilla, I'm very unlikely to believe you just conveniently happen to know someone who jas the time and funding to run a game that barely passes 100 online players at best.
You haven't told us anything about this person except "Hi this guy can save EE ktnx" and just threw a smoke bomb and just stopped giving any additional details.
I can sorta understand not wanting to say who he is, but if you want us to trust you you need to go into detail.
Why does this person want to spend his time and money on EE?
What is your relationship with him?
What is his profession?
How is this deal going?
And many more questions...
You cant just describe someone so vaguely and expect people not to be suspicious.
I wont let you fill people with false hope just because you won't talk.
So, Talk!

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#11 2017-08-07 23:58:47

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Let's wait and see.

...Provided that it won't be like waiting for Unity.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#12 2017-08-08 00:32:38

XxAtillaxX

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

What even? I am saying the game administration under nou and also myself could not keep its promises. I am critiquing the time I was an admin myself and you call it hypocrisy... Are you ok?

That isn't what you said.

Quote. "We've waited long for Unity to appear. We've waited long for the new administration to fulfil their promises. Are we really going to continue letting staff play this game on us?"
You were apart of the administration during that time, you were the ones playing the game. I'm not playing a game, and your insinuations that I am are baseless and speculative.

Processor wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

It isn't my responsibility for what people feel about what I say, [...]

If you really felt like it wasn't your responsibility, you wouldn't be replying in this thread defending yourself.

I'm defending myself? From what?

You are complaining about the disclaimers I made, and how people will infer different things from what I said.
Speak for yourself, I've been as clear as I can possibly be about my disclaimers, and it isn't my fault that you infer anything different than what I explicitly stated.

Tomahawk wrote:

Let's wait and see.
...Provided that it won't be like waiting for Unity.

Yeah no. This shouldn't take half a year or more. I'm expecting it to be within this month, or sometime next month at the latest.

Luka504 wrote:

Atilla, I'm very unlikely to believe you just conveniently happen to know someone who jas the time and funding to run a game that barely passes 100 online players at best.
You haven't told us anything about this person except "Hi this guy can save EE ktnx" and just threw a smoke bomb and just stopped giving any additional details.
I can sorta understand not wanting to say who he is, but if you want us to trust you you need to go into detail.
Why does this person want to spend his time and money on EE?
What is your relationship with him?
What is his profession?
How is this deal going?
And many more questions...
You cant just describe someone so vaguely and expect people not to be suspicious.
I wont let you fill people with false hope just because you won't talk.
So, Talk!

I've written a disclaimer throughout my posts, explicitly stating that there is no guarantees. In order for an acquisition to take place, there needs to be a deal; that takes two parties to agree.
I'm not discussing a trivial pass-the-torch-to-the-next-person sort of acquisition, as is the case with Nou transferring the game and it's assets to NVD. It's far from trivial when actual investments are involved.

I've spoken about that this person is trustworthy and would be welcomed, according to myself and the rest of the administration.
I wouldn't disclose their name considering the risk of entitled children pestering them prior to a deal being made, or worse, in the event that it's declined.

They have a profession in game development and a successful career, as well as an understanding of what Everybody Edits is, and isn't. That's as much as I can say.
Currently, they are in the process of finding and hiring developers for the game, to ensure a viable path forward. The sensible thing to do prior to making an acquisition.

I don't have an incredibly intricate relationship with them, however I've known them for many years and spoken on and off.
They aren't exactly a stranger to me, nor the people that I know and work with. That is to say, they aren't a random nobody.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#13 2017-08-08 00:38:25, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-08-08 00:38:53)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

XxAtillaxX wrote:

They have a profession in game development and a successful career, as well as an understanding of what Everybody Edits is, and isn't. That's as much as I can say.
Currently, they are in the process of finding and hiring developers for the game, to ensure a viable path forward. The sensible thing to do prior to making an acquisition.

Ah, so this entity believes that the game can recollect its playerbase and become profitable again?

Ideally without freemium microtransactions and google ads.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#14 2017-08-08 00:49:38, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-08-08 00:54:33)

XxAtillaxX

Tomahawk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Ah, so this entity believes that the game can recollect its playerbase and become profitable again?

Ideally without freemium microtransactions and google ads.

I highly doubt there'd be any in-game advertisements, although it's not my decision to make.
I wouldn't say that it's necessarily a matter of recollecting an existing user-base from Everybody Edits. With a semi-fresh slate, client and server, there's more to be had.
-

I'm trying my best to steer this in the right direction, regardless of any speculative drama that comes forth.
If they are to decline the acquisition, which currently seems fairly doubtful, I won't be hesitant to let everyone know.

Until then. I'm waiting and continuing to see this through.
I'd much prefer to get the ball rolling this way, rather than having the game be passed around to members of the community like it has been.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2017-08-08 03:27:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Why didn't Jesse, showpath, or megalamb inform us? Why aren't they handling the deal? Why do you have any part of it?

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#16 2017-08-08 04:12:02, last edited by Xenonetix (2017-08-08 04:16:50)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

megalamb

That's my cue - Ok, so I feel like I should jump in at this stage.

Yes, Atilla is blunt, and yes, Atilla is hostile, antagonistic, and aggressive in how his posts come across, but he is (mostly) honest.

I do know who the potential new owner is. I also know ownership was discussed very soon after Nou transferred the game to NVD. This is something that has been going on for months. As a community, you may or may not know who this person is, so even if you knew who it is, it may not even matter.

One of the main reasons we can't confirm who it may be is because they have not agreed a deal yet, so they may not become the new owner. As such, we don't want to reveal who it is because we don't want to make promises we cannot keep, so, as a team, we would rather not promise any transfer of ownership. Right now, NVD is the owner of Everybody Edits. I don't even know why Atilla revealed ownership discussions were happening in the first place unless the intent was to cause drama, such as is found in this thread, but that's hypothetical.

Regarding updating the game, I CAN promise that I am working on bringing you a new update very soon (in August), including the new Journey Campaign. I'm exploring options to bring more to the game in this update than just the campaign as well. I want the community to have hope re-instilled in them, and I really don't like lying to anyone or misleading people, so I try to say only what is necessary to keep the peace and build a little hype.

Please don't focus on the ownership of the game right now, because, if new ownership happens, think of it as an excellent benefit instead of a necessity, and, in the meantime, I will try to make sure there will be at least a few new things coming to the game in the coming weeks.

Xenonetix_2.png

#17 2017-08-08 04:24:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Thanks, MegaLamb.

I'd still like to know why Atilla has their hands in the matter.

#18 2017-08-08 04:26:45

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

Absolutely no idea, but he does.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#19 2017-08-08 04:52:39

proficuous
Formerly terence

Mega Lamb wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Before getting to anything else... aren't you the least bit concerned about a mystery owner potentially canning you (& other existing staff) to bring in his own people? Who is leading these discussions?

This entire process seems absolutely bizarre to me...

1. Current EE Owner is off doing God knows what

2. The staff that haven't left yet are just trying to keep things together

3. A non-staffmember is going around offering the game to some mystery person we'd apparently totally approve of but absolutely cannot know their identity

Am I getting this right? Why were we even made privy to this potential transfer if it might lead nowhere, and leaves us confused as hell?

And finally... Why is Atilla involved in this at all? He seems to have nothing but absolute detest for most of the people that play this game. I frankly don't want him anywhere near this lol

#20 2017-08-08 04:52:43

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mega Lamb wrote:

Are you not part of the "deal making"?

#21 2017-08-08 04:52:44

XxAtillaxX

MrJaWapa wrote:

Thanks, MegaLamb.

MrJawapa wrote:

Why didn't Jesse, showpath, or megalamb inform us? Why aren't they handling the deal? Why do you have any part of it?

I've reached out to them first and happen to know them more than the rest of the administration, to my knowledge.
I've shared the conversation with the administration, they are fully aware of the status of the acquisition and the miscellaneous details related.

MegaLamb wrote:

I don't even know why Atilla revealed ownership discussions were happening in the first place unless the intent was to cause drama, such as is found in this thread, but that's hypothetical.

The intention was to be transparent without divulging identifiable details, and maintaining that it isn't a guarantee. I had approval in doing so, and so I did.
The initial discussions took place prior to my having contact with you directly, so it was essentially impossible for me to gain your input, despite having approval.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#22 2017-08-08 05:23:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I've reached out to them first and happen to know them more than the rest of the administration, to my knowledge.
I've shared the conversation with the administration, they are fully aware of the status of the acquisition and the miscellaneous details related.

This sounds like you're doing all the work.

Seems - wrong.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I had approval in doing so, and so I did.

From who? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious about who's calling the shots.

#23 2017-08-08 05:33:44

XxAtillaxX

MrJaWapa wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

This sounds like you're doing all the work.

Seems - wrong.

I'm doing a relatively trivial amount of work, which is initiating a conversation and outlining things that the administration has already spoken about.

It was an agreement that, prior to any deal being made, there isn't any necessity to go into verbose details involving the specifics of client/server development.
If everything goes through, then there's a reasonable chance will get into more specifics involving the rest of the staff.

MrJaWapa wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I had approval in doing so, and so I did.

From who? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious about who's calling the shots.

Jesse, Showpath, Phinarose and NVD. I wasn't in contact with the rest of the moderation team.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#24 2017-08-08 09:28:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Proc I get where you're coming from but didn't you post a screenshot in the discord the other week where NVD directly tells you he plans to transfer ownership soon?

Personally I don't get these 'everything's ****, give up' threads. Surely if the EE community is allowed to have hope?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2017-08-08 09:45:20, last edited by Norwee (2017-08-08 09:45:40)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Becoming the owner was attractive when the game was under Benjaminsen's vision, but now after like 50 owner transfers it has become this bloated unpopular piece of crap with a tiny but demanding community. Yeah i'm not surprised that no potential owner wants to touch this game now...

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)
Xenonetix1506978109679164

Board footer