Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-09-12 06:55:43

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Re: About EBE, and it's community.(not a hate post toward ebe)

I don't really know what Protected IP is, but what I definitely know is EBE forums can get your IP. For IP bans and mostly checking posts. And about becoming EBE admin/mod. That's false. Realmaster42 and IcePegasus are doing really good job on choosing them. Random children won't be able to take that job. They choose staff if person is trustworthy, knows how to be staff and more. Sometimes random things happens of course, but they are easily fixable (EBE users would understand)...

Not today...

#52 2017-09-12 15:56:41, last edited by Vinyl Melody (2017-09-12 15:57:37)

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Kta123 wrote:

They choose staff if person is trustworthy,

What if the person is lying, lies are hard to detect especially on text form.

The person could lie, being cheerful and helpful and become a rouge once he/she became a mod or admin

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#53 2017-09-12 17:33:19

Zumza

destroyer123 wrote:

^ sorry, but I think the safety of EBE may still need to be discussed

I think we need more info about what this protected IP is... You don't generally just 'add a small thing' that somehow takes in an IP address, and spits out another that can't be traced back to the original...
Usually this shouldn't be a problem, but as stated above (or maybe somewhere else, idk), it's really easy to become an EBE admin, and therefore get the IP of anyone who plays it, and as they don't seem to care about legality or morals, this could be a bad thing.

Most people would believe that IP is public data, and it is. However EU data protection law restrains companies from storing IPs. It could be that this "protected IP" to be a hash of the original IP.
A hash function takes an input and gives a fixed size output based on it. Omitting weak hash functions and their respective collisions problem, it's technically impossible to get the original data based on the hash in this lifetime. Therefore if they would ban an IP hash, it would be the same thing as banning the IP itself but without needing to store the real IP.

Please keep in mind that this is just a speculation.

I don't think that neither EBE or its safety should be discussed in an EE topic as it may encourage people to join/check a possibly unsafe environment. But considering the massive amount of emails of EE users leaked on NVD's personal website I wouldn't say theres really a big difference between EE's privacy and EBE's either.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#54 2017-09-12 17:39:53

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Vinyl Melody wrote:

What if the person is lying, lies are hard to detect especially on text form.

The person could lie, being cheerful and helpful and become a rouge once he/she became a mod or admin

Well as I know, there was one guy, he was demodded later for being "childish". When Ice and RM were talking with him about his uselessness, he started acting as a baby and basically perma banned everyone who was in a world. Later as you know he was demodded. Basically what I was trying to say. RN they are careful with picking new staff members.

Not today...

#55 2017-09-12 22:24:02

Guest.

gee why are people hating on ebe,,,,, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad IT IS ORIGINAL STOTP HATING!
it even has better comands than ee... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Like /getip (username).

#56 2017-09-13 00:24:53

Moukdaboss
Banned

zyhrllos wrote:

gee why are people hating on ebe,,,,, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad IT IS ORIGINAL STOTP HATING!
it even has better comands than ee... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Like /getip (username).

hi i think people are hating on it because its very autistic

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#57 2017-09-13 07:12:45, last edited by Master1 (2017-09-13 07:13:53)

Master1

zyhrllos wrote:

Like /getip (username).

> is a copy of EE
> your argument is 1 new command

YEAH sounds VERY original to ME

That's like someone copying an entire essay off the internet, changing one word, and then proceeding to claim that it is their own original work.
pls you can try harder than this.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#58 2017-09-13 12:16:00

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Master1 is right, EBE is a crappy copy of EE. Why, just why won't the admins and mods of EBE give up and move on?!?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Wooted by:

#59 2017-09-13 13:05:50, last edited by Guest. (2017-09-13 13:07:05)

Guest.

Master1 wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

Like /getip (username).

> is a copy of EE
> your argument is 1 new command

YEAH sounds VERY original to ME

That's like someone copying an entire essay off the internet, changing one word, and then proceeding to claim that it is their own original work.
pls you can try harder than this.

hi if you couldnt tell it was ironic soo ???

it was more of emphasis on the command itself but yes i agree

#60 2017-09-13 13:19:40

Goldy301
Website

Michele wrote:

Master1 is right, EBE is a crappy copy of EE. Why, just why won't the admins and mods of EBE give up and move on?!?

L0l stop being such a nub, why would they want to give up on something they have a passion for?  Imagine if you're climbing on a mountain and you wanna give up, you just ended something you came so far. Wouldn't that make you upset? Also if you hate EBE so much, you can't even try so hard to make it go away lmao. Actually, you'll just be making us angry and keep fighting back :^) Good luck bullying EBE smileys

wxl2iOk.jpg

#61 2017-09-13 15:21:50, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-13 15:22:12)

LukeM
Website

Goldy301 wrote:
Michele wrote:

L0l stop being such a nub, why would they want to give up on something they have a passion for?  Imagine if you're climbing on a mountain and you wanna give up, you just ended something you came so far. Wouldn't that make you upset? Also if you hate EBE so much, you can't even try so hard to make it go away lmao. Actually, you'll just be making us angry and keep fighting back :^) Good luck bullying EBE smileys

More like someone piggybacked you 2/3 the way up a mountain, then you desert them and start sprinting trying to get to the top without enough gear, just to beat them there. In that case giving up would make sense //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by: (2)

#62 2017-09-13 15:44:56

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

EBE needs its own forum so that threads like this go away.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#63 2017-09-13 16:11:58

icepegasus

Tomahawk wrote:

EBE needs its own forum so that threads like this go away.

ebe has a forum, not our fault that nub people decide to post here.

Michele wrote:

I love it how your old post was "yea, lets stop the drama", but now you're just firing it up again.

user.php?id=icepegasus

Wooted by:

#64 2017-09-13 20:36:52

Bimps

can we lock this topic since a lot of people dont know what ebe is

Wooted by:

#65 2017-09-13 21:18:00

LukeM
Website

Bimps wrote:

can we lock this topic since a lot of people dont know what ebe is

Why does that mean it should be locked?

Also, you generally dont want to lock topics like this as people will just create more topics, its better to have the whole discussion in one place (and keep it away from the rest of the forums)

#66 2017-09-14 15:10:48

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Tch... I don't care my goal if I abandon it, whenever it's playing, studying, etc. I simply don't care about the consequences by trying to stop EBE!

And Bimps, why do you suggest locking the thread? Like destroyer123 said it will just create a lot of problems by closing this thread. You didn't even partecipate in the conservation

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#67 2017-09-14 20:22:50

Jorc

when will ebe announce new owner of ebe: NVD

#68 2017-09-15 07:52:05

icepegasus

EEJoranasc wrote:

When EBE's owner will be NVD it will die to as well as EE, let me ask you a question: when was the last time you saw NVD online?
it was the biggest mistake to move the ownership from nou to nvd

user.php?id=icepegasus

#69 2017-09-15 08:19:54

LukeM
Website

icepegasus wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:

When EBE's owner will be NVD it will die to as well as EE, let me ask you a question: when was the last time you saw NVD online?

Well technically NVD already owns EBE... He owns EE, and EBE broke EEs copyright, so NVD can do whatever he wants with EBE

#70 2017-09-15 12:21:23

icepegasus

destroyer123 wrote:
icepegasus wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:

Well technically NVD already owns EBE... He owns EE, and EBE broke EEs copyright, so NVD can do whatever he wants with EBE

Well technically you're dumb, and must know that NVD is too noob to do anything. You really think he wouldn't shut down EBE if he could?
NVD was inactive for months, and is just leaving the game to rotten, do you really think he gives a **** about what happens to EE or EBE?

user.php?id=icepegasus

#71 2017-09-15 12:51:46, last edited by MartenM (2017-09-15 12:53:15)

MartenM
Website

icepegasus wrote:

Well technically you're dumb, and must know that NVD is too noob to do anything. You really think he wouldn't shut down EBE if he could?
NVD was inactive for months, and is just leaving the game to rotten, do you really think he gives a **** about what happens to EE or EBE?

Technically this seems more like a flame post then constructive post with some intresting information.
'He could do anything he wants', its not said that he will do anything. And, although I doubt he will do anything against EBE, he certainly could.  (In my opinion its not worth to undertake any actions since EBE is even more ded than EE)

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#72 2017-09-15 13:00:47

icepegasus

MartenM wrote:

'He could do anything he wants'

he's not god, he definitly can't do ****
EE already contacted playerIO before about shutting down EBE, and they just ignored them. Too bad.

user.php?id=icepegasus

#73 2017-09-15 14:41:15

peace

ee cant do anythuing about ebe since they dont have acces to the seevers of ebe also nvd is very inactive and lest ee die soo... now you you can say that you want ebe being shutted down but what is ee? a game wihtout a onwer... also all belogn to chris and ont tho the staff so ee doesnt have a copyright yet until they go to unity...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#74 2017-09-15 20:30:19

Bimps

icepegasus wrote:
MartenM wrote:

EE already contacted playerIO before about shutting down EBE, and they just ignored them. Too bad.

they could sue them but no one cares about ebe so it doesnt matter

Wooted by:

#75 2017-09-15 21:10:12

icepegasus

Bimps wrote:
icepegasus wrote:
MartenM wrote:

they could sue them but no one cares about ebe so it doesnt matter

They can't even sue, such a case will never even get to court.

user.php?id=icepegasus

Michele1506199816677863

Board footer