Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-07-28 21:43:43

rdash

Re: wheres benje00

Emalton wrote:

Yes that's true but that doesn't mean you drop off the face of the earth for a month? It takes 10 seconds to write a post saying that "hey guys ill be inactive because ive been busy" so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

At what point does it become required to communicate something like this?

• It's been a month since Toop blogged that he was leaving EE, yet we have received no communication as to what that means for the current staff.

• It's been two months since the last EE update. We can agree that MrShoe's year-long, uncommunicated 'vacation' was unacceptable, but how about a two month vacation? Three months?

• From what I can tell, it's been nearly a year since the EE blog received an update on how Unity is progressing.

I'm not arguing that the current staff is doing a bad job (in reality, I believe the total opposite), I just want to know what your threshold is for timeliness of communication.

@MegaLamb

Thanks for the list! It would be very helpful for both new and old users if an up to date list was kept somewhere. (Even a stickied post would be nice).

Just wondering, if the breakdown is confidential then why does Emalton seem to have access to the report statistics and an intimate knowledge of the report tool yet he doesn't appear on your list of staff members?

rdash

#52 2017-07-28 21:57:28, last edited by lrussell (2017-07-28 22:00:07)

lrussell
Website

rdash wrote:

Just wondering, if the breakdown is confidential then why does Emalton seem to have access to the report statistics and an intimate knowledge of the report tool yet he doesn't appear on your list of staff members?

I mean, I had posted the statistics here about a week ago.

#53 2017-07-28 22:18:47

John

rdash wrote:

I'm not arguing that the current staff is doing a bad job (in reality, I believe the total opposite), I just want to know what your threshold is for timeliness of communication.

I'm not sure if there is a threshold of actually logging in, but you should do what you were asked to do. All the staff do have a life outside of EE, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't do their job at all. Benje00 has done only 4 reports. If he isn't active as a moderator or working on another project, then he shouldn't be one.

Reports should be assigned to moderators so one moderator isn't doing all/most of them.

PW?scale=2

#54 2017-07-29 00:40:17

rdash

lrussell wrote:

I mean, I had posted the statistics here about a week ago.

Ah, thanks! MegaLamb told everyone in this thread that those stats were confidential, hence my confusion. I guess they aren't confidential?

emalton wrote:

I'm not sure if there is a threshold of actually logging in, but you should do what you were asked to do. All the staff do have a life outside of EE, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't do their job at all. Benje00 has done only 4 reports. If he isn't active as a moderator or working on another project, then he shouldn't be one.

The entire point of this conversation was about the time-frame at which community communication was required. You said that you're okay with people taking a leave of absence as long as they let the community know within a certain amount of time. I'm only trying to find out what the appropriate time, in your opinion, would be.

I listed three items above that haven't been addressed by the staff in one month+, are you fine with all three of these?

rdash

#55 2017-07-29 01:57:47

John

rdash wrote:

It's been a month since Toop blogged that he was leaving EE, yet we have received no communication as to what that means for the current staff.

There should have been some sort of announcement by NVD regarding Toop's absence.

rdash wrote:

It's been two months since the last EE update. We can agree that MrShoe's year-long, uncommunicated 'vacation' was unacceptable, but how about a two month vacation? Three months?

Taking a break is okay as long is the community knows about it and the duration of the break.

rdash wrote:

From what I can tell, it's been nearly a year since the EE blog received an update on how Unity is progressing.

This is also true, there should be public information about the Unity client. I was a beta tester and it ran pretty smooth, so that's why I'm not really outraged about that. About two weeks ago I saw Showpath's prototype client and it was even better. Could handle millions of blocks with zero lag, because of it's render system.

rdash wrote:

I listed three items above that haven't been addressed by the staff in one month+, are you fine with all three of these?

I get that there are setbacks, but that should be communicated as well.

PW?scale=2

#56 2017-07-29 23:39:41

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

rdash wrote:

MegaLamb told everyone in this thread that those stats were confidential, hence my confusion. I guess they aren't confidential?

My mistake, although I had believed what Emalton was requesting was a full breakdown of the reports, which I thought would involve screenshotting the actual report program, showing who has done which reports. LRussell, having made the program, is able to gain a summary of the statistics, so I guess he can post that if he wishes.

rdash wrote:
  • It's been a month since Toop blogged that he was leaving EE, yet we have received no communication as to what that means for the current staff.

• It's been two months since the last EE update. We can agree that MrShoe's year-long, uncommunicated 'vacation' was unacceptable, but how about a two month vacation? Three months?

• From what I can tell, it's been nearly a year since the EE blog received an update on how Unity is progressing.

1. What would you like to know in regards to what it means?
2. EEJesse and I have been working to bring you a new campaign, which should be released very soon!
3. There's not really much new stuff to report in regards to Unity other than it is "progressing". Rumours suggest it has been scrapped, but this is not the case.

I hope this addresses at least a few of your concerns.

Xenonetix-2.png

#57 2017-07-30 09:40:12

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Does any mod know what happened to EEUnity Alpha testing and why is it discontinued as far as I know :/ ?

#58 2017-07-30 13:43:33

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Am I the only one who thinks that UnitEE (Unity EE) is no more? Am I the only one who thinks EE is dying faster? Am I the only one who thinks the moderation system has worsened a bit? (My account Ketter was banned for no reason. I honestly was only playing in a world, and I don't know what I did, so it may prove that it has worsened a bit)

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#59 2017-07-30 15:06:26, last edited by John (2017-07-30 15:15:45)

John

Napakeun wrote:

Does any mod know what happened to EEUnity Alpha testing and why is it discontinued as far as I know :/ ?

I doubt it, [speculation] I don't think the staff communicate with each other very often [/speculation]

Michele wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that UnitEE (Unity EE) is no more?

No

Michele wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks EE is dying faster?

No

Michele wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the moderation system has worsened a bit?

I disagree with this, the moderation team does a very good job at effectively handling reports. See lrussell's post for details. The only reason why people dislike the current team is because they got banned for doing something wrong...

EDIT: My speculation is correct.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#60 2017-07-30 20:48:57

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Rdash - Rubbish dash //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offensive Ray1501444137670374

Board footer