Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-21 22:39:21, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-07-21 22:39:33)

italkalotfromee

Spammers, hackers, and etc..

http://prntscr.com/fyorj1

If we report in-game, how long does it take for the action to be taken into hands?
Because if all moderators/admins can't do their jobs, then i believe we need someone else on board.
No I'm not telling you how to do your job, but you sure as hell not a moderator for no reason. Am i right?

Don't respond with an asinine response either. Yes, we know there are report options in-game. But that doesn't handle the situation.
Even when i do report the problem doesn't seem to get solved because i see the player still playing 3 days later...

Also, don't tell me the game is dying and the admins/moderators don't care. Well, if that's the case then someone else needs to do their job.

this could be one of the reasons players quit and the player-base is dropping. Because people act like they don't care...
If you really don't have enough encouragement to even moderator or to control the community in your game then shut it down..
There's no reason to have a game running if it's just going to have a malevolent, inconsiderate, and osculant jerks in it.. waste of money to have it running if you're paying for it to be up..

FluxBB bbcode test

#2 2017-07-21 22:48:35

Prodigy

Re: Spammers, hackers, and etc..

The game is dying and the admins/moderators don't care, look for someone else that does their job.

h0qIF0q.png

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2017-07-21 22:48:37

hummerz5

imma pretend this isn't a "wow ban this guy" thread but a "wow there's an actual issue here" thread and go from there

italkalotfromee wrote:

this could be one of the reasons players quit and the player-base is dropping. Because people act like they don't care...

Well I sorta wonder if EE had some allure without usernames. The community of pure anonymity, but that's really a tangent

Essentially this is a question to any moderator who can talk briefly on how long reports might take to filter through. It is a valid concern, though it's also possible you only think there is no response because you either don't realize that the situation didn't warrant a response or you didn't see the response itself.

if your complaint is valid, then perhaps we either solve the problem perhaps along your lines or simply accept that moderation would go downhill kthx

#4 2017-07-21 22:55:46

Phinarose

Here is the thing, as a moderator my capabilities are limited. For example, I have banned several accounts for using spam bots in worlds and when I do ban them they evade the ban. Then if they evade their ban I place an ipban and they still manage to come back and continuously do it. As a moderator the only thing I can do is ban people and warn them about continuously commiting the same offense. As with the hacking this is where it is an issue. We have been told that we should only warn people the risks of using a hack client.. I have wanted to discuss with NVD what we should do reguarding hacking, but this hasn't happened because he is never around.

WjoM2zh.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-07-21 22:55:54, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-07-21 22:56:52)

italkalotfromee

hummerz5 wrote:

Imma pretend this isn't a "wow ban this guy" thread but a "wow there's an actual issue here" thread and go from there

Yes, it is an issue.

Most players want the game to continue running.
But, we are putting no effort into making it a valid statement or point. What I mean is, we say it but we don't act like it..

Prodigy wrote:

The game is dying and the admins/moderators don't care, look for someone else that does their job.

If that is the case then they need to be removed from the staff team and let someone else do it. I know I play at least 7 hours a day.
Moderating a game and enforcing rules should not be difficult especially when this is suppose to be a kids game.

FluxBB bbcode test

#6 2017-07-21 22:58:49

Cakeje

Prodigy wrote:

You're assuming things that are false. Yes, the mods and (some) admins do care.
Maybe it seems like not much is happening, but a lot of people including mods and admins are trying to solve this, but it's not all easy af or something.

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

#7 2017-07-21 23:06:35, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-07-21 23:07:03)

italkalotfromee

Cakeje wrote:

Maybe it seems like not much is happening, but a lot of people including mods and admins are trying to solve this, but it's not all easy af or something.

I didn't assume this, I stated that as in reference of others saying it on forums. Go look for yourself.

phinarose wrote:

Here is the thing, as a moderator my capabilities are limited. For example, I have banned several accounts for using spam bots in worlds and when I do ban them they evade the ban. Then if they evade their ban I place an ipban and they still manage to come back and continuously do it. As a moderator the only thing I can do is ban people and warn them about continuously commiting the same offense. As with the hacking this is where it is an issue. We have been told that we should only warn people the risks of using a hack client.. I have wanted to discuss with NVD what we should do reguarding hacking, but this hasn't happened because he is never around.

Okay, that explains the redundant actions coming from different "username" but seem to be the same player.. -> What I mean is changing name/creating a new account just to harass/spam or break rules.

Make sense.

FluxBB bbcode test

#8 2017-07-21 23:07:13, last edited by Cakeje (2017-07-21 23:07:37)

Cakeje

italkalotfromee wrote:
Cakeje wrote:

I didn't assume this, I stated that as in reference of others saying in on forums. Go look for yourself.

Well I mean I didn't quote you but ok.

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

#9 2017-07-21 23:10:17

italkalotfromee

Cakeje wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:
Cakeje wrote:

I didn't assume this, I stated that as in reference of others saying in on forums. Go look for yourself.

Well I mean I didn't quote you but ok.

You didn't quote me, but you responded as if I came up with something off the top of my head.. So, what do you want me to say? Yes, i lied about it and everyone does care. If that's so then how come people don't act like it.. I mean i don't expect an immediate change but still.

FluxBB bbcode test

#10 2017-07-21 23:17:07

Phinarose

I understand everyone isn't happy with the current climate with EE. Me along with the moderators have tried to have a meeting with nvd refuarding different issues (such as hacking) and how to deal with them. However, these attempts failed because nvd was never around. So we have tried to get some clearnece on these issues, but unfortunately we never got it. It is hard to be able to do things when you don't have any sort lf guidance from the person who owns the game.

WjoM2zh.png

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-21 23:22:45

Bimps

well admins dont really look at reports afaik, but i think the mods are doing a good job. people are not quitting/not staying because of spam, there are many other reasons.

Wooted by:

#12 2017-07-22 00:58:40

capasha

Bimps wrote:

well admins dont really look at reports afaik, but i think the mods are doing a good job. people are not quitting/not staying because of spam, there are many other reasons.

Since I played today there hasn't been any mods online in the worlds I have been inside.
I don't know how many times I have reported worlds, spammers and cheaters. None have been banned today because I haven seen the same persons the whole day.
Even if NVD isn't active, as we know by this time. Just ban them.

I'm working on a world for a contest. Fun when people join a bot and infect everyone in the world, or why not key pressing to get people stuck.
I'm so near to quit this game because nothing is happening.

#13 2017-07-22 01:02:48

Prodigy

Cakeje wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

I wasn't assuming, I was joking. Told him what he didn't want to hear,

h0qIF0q.png

#14 2017-07-22 01:09:05

Bimps

capasha wrote:
Bimps wrote:

Since I played today there hasn't been any mods online in the worlds I have been inside.
I don't know how many times I have reported worlds, spammers and cheaters. None have been banned today because I haven seen the same persons the whole day.
Even if NVD isn't active, as we know by this time. Just ban them.

I'm working on a world for a contest. Fun when people join a bot and infect everyone in the world, or why not key pressing to get people stuck.
I'm so near to quit this game because nothing is happening.

yeah maybe i shouldnt talk about mods since i dont know what is going on with them so i apologize. i dont know if mods really go into worlds, i would think they would just focus on reports. phina said it was hard to ban hackers and cheaters and ****, but i agree there should be more action taken. like i said i dont know how to respond since i barely know this situation. i feel like due to the fact that the mods are apparently ****, why keep supporting them? why play the game? im not encouraging you to quit but i think that in your situation you should. wait for a spiritual successor

#15 2017-07-22 01:09:37

Phinarose

I am typically on everyday for most of the time but today I wasn't on much because I had to do stuff. The accounts were banned and taken care of by lrussell once he got on. However, I want to make clear that  just because you may not see us in a world doesn't mean we are inactive or not doing anything. Personally speaking for myself, I don't think it's fair that if say once a week I'm on less than normal for a day that people criticize me for not doing my job when again I'm typically on for most of the day.

WjoM2zh.png

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2017-07-22 01:12:28

Bimps

phinarose wrote:

I am typically on everyday for most of the time but today I wasn't on much because I had to do stuff. The accounts were banned and taken care of by lrussell once he got on. However, I want to make clear that  just because you may not see us in a world doesn't mean we are inactive or not doing anything. Personally speaking for myself, I don't think it's fair that if say once a week I'm on less than normal for a day that people criticize me for not doing my job when again I'm typically on for most of the day.

people are criticizing you and the mod team in general and i dont think it's because they hate you. i dont have any experience but judging by how many people complain you guys need to change how you moderate.

if you are gonna moderate ee, you cant just do it occasionaly. people expect the mod team to moderate, no matter how much time it may take up. if they cant handle it they need to leave the mod team

#17 2017-07-22 01:16:09

Phinarose

Like I said, I am 98% of the time online checking reports and going on EE. Once in a while, not often, I am not online because I have to do other stuff. People claim that I am not doing my job or do not care, but yet I spend a lot of time doing my job as moderator. Even when I was on vacation I would check reports when I had time to do so. It is almost saying I shouldn't do anything else besides moderate EE. I do take my job as moderator seriously and I am sure the rest of the moderation team does to.

WjoM2zh.png

#18 2017-07-22 01:18:39

Bimps

phinarose wrote:

Like I said, I am 98% of the time online checking reports and going on EE. Once in a while, not often, I am not online because I have to do other stuff. People claim that I am not doing my job or do not care, but yet I spend a lot of time doing my job as moderator. Even when I was on vacation I would check reports when I had time to do so. It is almost saying I shouldn't do anything else besides moderate EE. I do take my job as moderator seriously and I am sure the rest of the moderation team does to.

then why are there so many complaints?

#19 2017-07-22 01:22:50

Phinarose

People are complaining because they are frustrated with the current state of EE. Mostly moderation is done behind the scenes, so how would they know that I am never online? I check reports constantly everyday and I have helped people who have had issues with different things. The community assumes that the staff doesn't care about anything when they don't know what is happening behind the scenes. Just cause you don't see us in a world doesn't mean we are doing absolutely nothing. Like I said lots of the time moderation is done behind the scenes.

WjoM2zh.png

#20 2017-07-22 01:24:09

Bimps

phinarose wrote:

People are complaining because they are frustrated with the current state of EE. Mostly moderation is done behind the scenes, so how would they know that I am never online? I check reports constantly everyday and I have helped people who have had issues with different things. The community assumes that the staff doesn't care about anything when they don't know what is happening behind the scenes. Just cause you don't see us in a world doesn't mean we are doing absolutely nothing. Like I said lots of the time moderation is done behind the scenes.

people are frustrated with the devs. why not make moderation public? make the logs public so we know what you guys are doing

#21 2017-07-22 01:30:04

XxAtillaxX

Bimps wrote:
phinarose wrote:

people are frustrated with the devs. why not make moderation public? make the logs public so we know what you guys are doing

how about no, there are private worlds and they don't need their chat logs preserved against the wishes of the people within them
on a forum it's a different story, because people post with the intention of it being publicly accessible.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#22 2017-07-22 01:47:48, last edited by lrussell (2017-07-22 01:48:42)

lrussell
Website

The first report for darn2203 came in at 3:07 PM EST, and I dealt with them around 6:40 PM EST when I came back to my computer. I consider this response time acceptable, considering we are four moderators with lives outside of EE.

I've also recently rebuilt the report manager to try to improve the experience for all moderators, which includes a notification system so that if we're online we can respond within a few minutes. It works off of the old back-end, so without more support from the administration it's the best I can do. If anyone cares to test my response time, I'll be around for the next few hours.

To conclude, I'll let the statistics speak for themselves. Reports are being handled!

Hidden text

#23 2017-07-22 02:03:34

proficuous
Formerly terence

As someone that reported this user, I'm pretty satisfied with how it took less than a few hours for them to be dealt with. I think my larger concern is with what I see as the constant recurrence of rule-breaking behavior. However, I recognize (as Phina mentioned) that IP bans can be circumvented.

Specifically regarding the user that was making spam bots over the past few weeks that entered levels, spammed, and repeated the process: I reported it initially, then it was pretty swiftly taken care of. Seeing it happen a few days later under different usernames I reported it again, and to my surprise Phinarose entered the level almost immediately. I started to tell her about the spam-bots returning, and she told me that my report had brought her there.

The mods are definitely doing their job dealing with the report queue. I just think the admins need to provide a bit more direction as to how egregious using hacked clients is, and maybe come up with a way to nab people trying to circumvent their bans.

I also think that moderators should be more liberal in permanently banning shared accounts (instead of temp-banning them), but that's only tangentially related to this.

#24 2017-07-22 02:19:20

Bimps

yeah im just gonna stay away from mod **** since i dont know sorry

#25 2017-07-22 03:15:49

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

"Not doing their job" - now that's an interesting phrase that keeps coming up whenever EE staff are mentioned.

They're not paid. They're not compensated in any way outside of the game (to my knowledge). They're certainly not made to feel appreciated by this community, and yet you seem to expect MMO-standard service from them. Yes, staff members need to be clear when they're done with the game, but those that remain active do it out of love for the game, and certain nubs need to check their privileges before whining bs about how they don't care anymore. The mods owe you nothing, and any obligatory sense of duty towards the game dried up with its profits.

If I were you I'd be grateful that your report gets handled on the same day. That's more than most games can claim.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

lrussell1501775353670881

Board footer