Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-07-16 13:51:56, last edited by realmaster42 (2017-07-16 23:17:58)

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Re: death party: the past week

Michele wrote:

Bruh tax evasion? that NVD is 'pretending' to admit? He is not admitting of tax evasion otherwise he would have told us directly on forums

Obviously your broken english had to show up.

Do you even know what a tax evasion is and how serious that is? It's a crime.

It's obvious he would NOT tell anybody about it, lol. Nou only brang it up because he knew about it, as he can see the game's economy from the PlayerIO control pannel. Sharing tax evasion online is the same thing as bringing up the possibillity of being fined.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#27 2017-07-16 19:26:48

Bimps

Michele wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Doodle wrote:

I'm saying your idea is likely not going to happen because the community is not as ambitious as you think it is to carry that out. Unity metaphorically overtakes your idea even though it's been so long, I like that idea too of converting ee to something else other than flash because we experience alot of lag; poor server.

I am taking what your saying seriously, if i wanted to impress this idea, i would have left a woot and elaborated where you did not a little, how it would work (or) look.
I just talk like this because your talking "big" (remake ee, get new developers, new game not 3.0). Im not against what your saying but i see it as unrealistic until something like the EE admins agree or what happened when ee was not running and had no development so the community developers reuploaded the game with them "potion effects".

i have 16 woots now and counting. i really dont give a **** about ee, but i know people do, so i provided a solution. i want it to die because the dev team sucks and nothing is happening and it's sad to see

Now, now, lets not swear now. Well, you may have to apologize to me for your outburst, but I'm saying that if it were true, NVD would POST it ON forums and there would be a lot of uproar.

you quoted the wrong post. the only """""""swear"""""" i said in response to you was hell. and no i wont apologize to you

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2017-07-16 22:42:35

Zumza

marcoantonimsantos wrote:
Michele wrote:

Bruh tax evasion? that NVD is 'pretending' to admit? He is not admitting of tax evasion otherwise he would have told us directly on forums

It's obvious he would NOT tell anybody about it, lol. Nou only brang it up because he knew about it, as he can see the game's economy from the PlayerIO control pannel. Sharing tax evasion online is the same thing as sentencing your jail time.

Yeah Netherlands Fiscal Administration is one of the top active users in this forum.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#29 2017-07-16 22:45:42

realmaster42
Website

Zumza wrote:
Michele wrote:

It's obvious he would NOT tell anybody about it, lol. Nou only brang it up because he knew about it, as he can see the game's economy from the PlayerIO control pannel. Sharing tax evasion online is the same thing as sentencing your jail time.

Yeah Netherlands Fiscal Administration is one of the top active users in this forum.

I get your idea, but I think you understood what I meant with my post.

#30 2017-07-16 22:53:17

Zumza

Honestly I do not. I don't even know for what do they have to pay this tax. I don't know Netherlands fiscal law either. But I can be sure that you are overestimating the gravity of this issue.
Nobody is going to get jail time for a sum of money of this kind. A fine, most likely. But as far as we know not paying that tax helped EE pay a few more days of hosting.

#31 2017-07-16 23:17:34

realmaster42
Website

Zumza wrote:

Honestly I do not. I don't even know for what do they have to pay this tax. I don't know Netherlands fiscal law either. But I can be sure that you are overestimating the gravity of this issue.
Nobody is going to get jail time for a sum of money of this kind. A fine, most likely. But as far as we know not paying that tax helped EE pay a few more days of hosting.

"You've had enough woots for today"

Wooted by:

#32 2017-07-17 06:38:55

Zumza

I decided to change my avatar to show my support for this ultimate sanction: EE's Death.
Do I have to sign any further paperwork to be a full member of this party?

#33 2017-07-20 04:34:12

Bimps

discussion bump because this is getting buried

#34 2017-07-20 08:01:19

Mieaz

the thing is that there's too much to cover with just one topic

There prob needs to be forum/subforum where we can talk about "spiritual successor", graphics and everything else

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#35 2017-07-20 09:50:51

Bimps

Mieaz wrote:

the thing is that there's too much to cover with just one topic

There prob needs to be forum/subforum where we can talk about "spiritual successor", graphics and everything else

i dont see you adding to the conversation. how the hell is there too much? what does this even add to the topic? to avoid looking like a hypocrite ill add on:

im glad ive started the push for ee's death. i wanted it dead before just because i thoughy it wasnt a good game. but we have quite a bit of info into ho messed up ee's dev team really is. usually im just ignored for these kinds of topics but it has been shown that you guys know that ee needs to die. thanks for not just ignoring me due to my past rep (im writing this a 4:50 am so sorry)

anywho if ee gets a spirtu successor, towwl has made it clear that the physics need to be completly reworked, since the current physics are very basic, and not in a good way

#36 2017-07-20 13:16:47

Mieaz

Bimps wrote:

anywho if ee gets a spirtu successor, towwl has made it clear that the physics need to be completly reworked, since the current physics are very basic, and not in a good way

yes, what I meant is the place for all the discussions like towwl's to make it clear what needs to be changed, if it comes to the spiritual successor. "how the hell is there too much", well as you can see there's much more to be reworked than just physics

#37 2017-07-20 17:07:59

Bimps

Mieaz wrote:
Bimps wrote:

yes, what I meant is the place for all the discussions like towwl's to make it clear what needs to be changed, if it comes to the spiritual successor. "how the hell is there too much", well as you can see there's much more to be reworked than just physics

stop responding to everytime if you are just gonna reiterate my point

#38 2017-07-20 18:05:21, last edited by Mieaz (2017-07-20 22:26:35)

Mieaz

or even better, you could be less ignorant and stop complaining about your ignorance ignorantly

#39 2017-07-21 02:14:42

Insanity

hi bimps I've missed you

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#40 2017-07-21 04:45:13, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-07-21 06:31:00)

Moukdaboss
Banned

yeah im pretty sure its safe to say that ee is **** and dead with like 50 people active at a time

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

#41 2017-07-21 11:22:53

skullz17

I think this spiritual successor should've been made a long time ago. When it was clear that people liked EE's concept, chris should've said to himself "This experiment was a success, time to make this concept into an actual game". We have facebook smileys and mario graphics. Those were most likely placeholders that he was too lazy to replace. The concept of EE is nice but if it's gonna be a popular game we need to clean this stuff up. No more facebook smileys, no more mario graphics, better physics. Get rid of all the crap basically.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#42 2017-07-22 04:28:53

Guest.

hi if youre looking for a spiritual successor check my "goodbye" post

#43 2017-07-22 05:23:40

Bimps

Ernesdo wrote:

hi if youre looking for a spiritual successor check my "goodbye" post

i mean ok but i'd prefer one to have multiple people working on it. also you didnt really leave if you are posting this so

Wooted by:

#44 2017-07-22 20:04:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

skullz17 wrote:

The concept of EE is nice but if it's gonna be a popular game we need to clean this stuff up. No more facebook smileys, no more mario graphics, better physics. Get rid of all the crap basically.

We also need to get rid of 90% of the blocks

#45 2017-07-24 23:33:03

joey

N1KF wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

The concept of EE is nice but if it's gonna be a popular game we need to clean this stuff up. No more facebook smileys, no more mario graphics, better physics. Get rid of all the crap basically.

When I first joined ee, I think it was the smilies (which at the time, I didn't know were facebook emoticons) and "mario" graphics that were part of what drew me into the game. That, and it being a simplistic sandbox game. I haven't touched this game for ~5 years, so it's kinda cool to see the massive design changes. Hell of a lot of new features to play around with.

From the couple days I've been back, it really isn't a simplistic game anymore. I have a hell of a time figuring out if the block I'm about to jump on is an actual block or, yet again, more background decoration. The invisible arrows and dots kill me, too. I've been reading forums the past few days on the endless "ee is dead/no new players" rants, and it's probably because the game just isn't rewarding and also overwhelming to new players. This, being an open world game, where any new player can click on whatever greatly or poorly designed level they want to start off with, can be either a great experience, or just frustrating for them.

Anyway, that's my take on it. Me not being here forever probably renders this post useless, anyway.

#46 2017-07-24 23:59:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

joey wrote:
N1KF wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

When I first joined ee, I think it was the smilies (which at the time, I didn't know were facebook emoticons) and "mario" graphics that were part of what drew me into the game. That, and it being a simplistic sandbox game. I haven't touched this game for ~5 years, so it's kinda cool to see the massive design changes. Hell of a lot of new features to play around with.

From the couple days I've been back, it really isn't a simplistic game anymore. I have a hell of a time figuring out if the block I'm about to jump on is an actual block or, yet again, more background decoration. The invisible arrows and dots kill me, too. I've been reading forums the past few days on the endless "ee is dead/no new players" rants, and it's probably because the game just isn't rewarding and also overwhelming to new players. This, being an open world game, where any new player can click on whatever greatly or poorly designed level they want to start off with, can be either a great experience, or just frustrating for them.

Anyway, that's my take on it. Me not being here forever probably renders this post useless, anyway.

I'm not sure whether or not you noticed, but I actually wasn't being sarcastic. Many blocks are redundant (we have like five or six grey brick blocks), and if we really examined each block we could probably cut out most of them. I've been a semi-active player for almost six years and I agree with what you wrote.

Wooted by:

#47 2017-07-25 00:08:56

joey

N1KF wrote:

I'm not sure whether or not you noticed, but I actually wasn't being sarcastic. Many blocks are redundant (we have like five or six grey brick blocks), and if we really examined each block we could probably cut out most of them. I've been a semi-active player for almost six years and I agree with what you wrote.

I know, wasn't arguing it -- just adding my 2 cents. While we're at it, lets take out a lot of the background blocks with it.

Wooted by:

#48 2017-07-25 00:17:41

LukeM
Website

joey wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I know, wasn't arguing it -- just adding my 2 cents. While we're at it, lets take out a lot of the background blocks with it.

IMO what it needs is to be more self explanatory, so I guess it should be more obvious what is background and what isn't, I guess they should either be solid colours or darker or something.
Also, about the too many blocks thing, there probably isn't too many, it's just that the block menu wasn't designed to have as many blocks as we do now. I'm sure with some tidying up it could be made much easier to work with

Wooted by:

#49 2017-07-25 02:39:37

Bimps

joey wrote:
N1KF wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

we dont really get a perspective like this on the forums so thanks, very insightful on ee's design flaws

#50 2017-07-26 14:50:51

joey

Bimps wrote:

we dont really get a perspective like this on the forums so thanks, very insightful on ee's design flaws

Sure thing. Obviously, that could be only one of many things keeping EE from growing. Here are some ideas of my own after a little bit of research.

First off, nevermind the owners evading taxes, owners not updating the game and inactive moderation. It's completely irrelevant to any new user who just found out about the game (hell, when this game was at it's highest popularity, moderators didn't even exist).

EE needs to be advertised more. Not just by word of mouth, but actual Google Adsense advertising. People underestimate the impact of advertising, whether it be for their small business or online flash game. EE hasn't been on any "top trending" lists on any website for a long time, so how can anybody even know about the game to try it out? Doesn't help that EE is hosted on sites like Newgrounds and Kongregate that are in the same state of "almost dead, but not quite" that EE itself is in. I propose the spread EE on Boredbutton, Pointlesssites, and other popular "random site generators", and there should be a spike in traffic. It's okay to leech off the popularity of other sites/games to make this one known. I also don't see any ads on the EE website itself, which helps a lot with their own revenue (whether we like ads or not).

Speaking of popularity, the owners should look into the data for traffic. If they want to revive EE, they should research answers to questions like "When was EE at peak popularity? Was there a sudden drop in traffic at a specific point in time? If so, what caused that (a new released update)? What about new users? Was there a sudden slow down in new users? Again, what could have caused that (getting bumped off 'top trending games' lists)?"

As far as the game's physics and styles go, I already mentioned that briefly in my first post so I won't go to far into it. I think the physics themselves are fine. It held its popularity of 1000+ people on at any given time, so there must be something right with it. Like I said, it feels overwhelming to learn what is an actual block vs a background decoration (Destroyer's idea of making foreground/background blocks more noticeably separate would be a start). There's also the 10s of gravity changing effects, jumping effects, invisible arrows, doors, keys, etc. Which, don't get me wrong, is awesome to have, but not something a new player can easily grasp. Every world is so wildly different from the one they just played.

Excuse the novel, but this is how I'd start to bring the game back to where it once was. After being popular again, I figure there'd be way more motivation to continue progress of UnitEE, much more owner/admin/mod support of updates, and a happier community in general.

I have no idea if any of this stuff has been done. I have no idea of the owner's finances, who exactly pays the bills, and how much is in the budget (to start advertising for example). I hardly even have the slightest knowledge of how this game's been managed for the past 5 years. So this post is basically me babbling without knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

Bimps1501351135670093

Board footer