Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-13 18:28:05, last edited by BEE (2017-07-13 18:29:12)

BEE

Ownership of EE

I would actually like to have a discussion about this.

NVD has shown no interest in owning the game any more, from what I can tell. I do hope this is wrong and NVD comes and posts on this thread saying the opposite, but until then, let's assume this.

Will we wake up one day and EE will be gone, or is someone going to step up to the plate? Will NVD allow this?

I think this is important to discuss for the future of EE. I know I'm not around much, but this game holds a special place in my heart.

This is a topic that affects us all as a community and I believe it is a decision that should not be made behind closed doors.

No low effort posts, please, I would like some actual discussion.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#2 2017-07-13 18:39:55

Gosha

Re: Ownership of EE

I don't do things for Ee much because I know that owner doesn't care about ee
What's the point of making content if you know that it won't be used in some weeks because game will die?  I need some guarantees that my work won't be wasted

All i want is a legit owner who is ready to do things,  but not just want to make ee better and give up after some days

#3 2017-07-13 18:45:56

Kikikan

I 100% agree with Gosha, if this continues, EE will be dead in 2018.
There is literally no motivation for making any kinds of levels at this state. (No updates, no announcements, no nothing)
If there are no new levels => players decrease.
This has been going on for a while, but this process got faster a little after NVD took over.
And I don't think anyone wants to own a dead game, so no one will step up.
I don't think the game can be saved after 2017...

Wooted by:

#4 2017-07-13 18:46:36, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-07-13 18:47:13)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

If you haven't already then join the discord: https://discord.gg/QT8qkBg. We sometimes talk about this stuff there.

First of all I wanted Nou to come back but he says he's too old for it. Then there is Toop who could be a good candidate but I think he's properly quit EE; as far as I know, no one has heard from him since he resigned. I also think yonom / processor would fit the role quite nicely but he also has a life.

To be honest though, I don't think the main issue is who will be the next owner of EE but more HOW we are going to get another owner of EE. The most likely case is that when NVD does eventually look at the forums and find all these calls for him to step down he would simply pass the ownership onto either one of the current admins or someone that he trusts. Now personally, this is a bad option for me. I neither trust the current admins nor do I trust anyone NVD would trust. Other than that I'm not too sure how one can get ownership of this game. Since NVD owns the game, nothing can really be done about new ownership without his input.

Furthermore I think, despite this communities flaws, we don't actually need an 'owner' only developers. The game can run itself through collaboration, all we need is people to make updates. As far as I can tell, the owner's only responsibility besides management (which requires co-operation of the people under the management which I don't believe we have) is paying the bills. The owner is also the one who receives the profit from the game, which by the looks of it is the only roll NVD is fulfilling. Considering EE is very much a hobby volunteer project I see no reason for anyone to profit from the game at it's current point. Any money created by the game should go back into it. The money should be going into things such as paying for the bills and taxes of EE as well as hiring full time developers. Currently developers for this game have other jobs and code EE on the side. EE can have far more regular updates if it had full time developers which is only really possible if they had a wage. I can understand the owner of EE having their own wage but only if they don't have another job and are working on EE full time. If you don't contribute to EE, you don't deserve the revenue. Just being the owner does not entitle you to this. That's something NVD does not seem to understand.

TLDR: We don't need a new owner. All we need is money to pay the bills and keep the game running as well as passionate developers to keep it going.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-07-13 19:05:24

SmittyW

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Everybody Edits has been progressively declining for a very long time, and the mere change in administration hasn't destroyed the game, the lack of action and progress has.
There isn't enough revenue generated to allocate towards effective marketing or development with well-seasoned developers with technologies like Unity, and the assets as well.

I'm typically hesitant to comment on any internal discussions within any administration publicly, however I've been actively speaking to someone everyone would like, who has the resources and funds to allocate towards Everybody Edits.
It's entirely dependant on whether there is an agreement for the acquisition, however I'm certain that if there is, the game will be headed in a significantly more promising direction than it would otherwise given the current circumstance.

I'd like to go into further detail although I can't for legal reasons, as well as logical ones when dealing with a community that has people prideful for injecting themselves into external affairs, especially when they are disappointed.
I don't make any promises, though it's best to inform the community to a reasonable extent rather than essentially incentivising drama through unresponsiveness, which only gives the impression of apathy and neglect.

I've  the entire co-operation and agreement of the current administration with the acquirement process, if it is to occur. I'd like to hope in the near future, although there are priorities with separate ventures.
I'd hope that'd answer a bit of "what's going on behind the scenes." although I'm aware it invites many more questions as a result. I've gone into pretty much all the detail I can at this point, though.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 51#p666951

TL;DR Atilla has had contact with current team for a long while now and has discussed with them about transferring ownership to a mysterious yet capable figure who has cash and intelligence. This acquisition is still pending but at least nvd seems to have agreed so far. Atilla cannot give us any more details.

#6 2017-07-13 19:08:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

SmittyW wrote:

TL;DR Atilla has had contact with current team for a long while now and has discussed with them about transferring ownership to a mysterious yet capable figure who has cash and intelligence. This acquisition is still pending but at least nvd seems to have agreed so far. Atilla cannot give us any more details.

I'm not so sure I trust Atilla's mystery person. But still, they are probably going to be better than NVD either way. Also, if they are willing to pay more into the game then they are planning to receive then I am all for this person. I just hope they'd turn out to be the saviour of EE that Atilla seems to promise.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2017-07-13 19:10:46

hummerz5

SmittyW wrote:
Atilla wrote:

I've been actively speaking to someone everyone would like

sounds oddly Trump-esque. Do we assume Atilla really can somehow have the interests of "everyone" reflected in this one person, or do we have to question whether or not atilla is reliably describing the situation?

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-07-13 19:18:32, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-07-13 19:25:47)

XxAtillaxX

I've spoken about this at length on discord, and to some extent, the forums.
It's already planned that there will be an acquisition by someone who can invest the time, effort and funds into the game, rather than playing hot potato with the staff and 'hiring' from the community every 4 months.

As much as I'd like to go into further detail, it would be unwise to refer to anyone specifically prior to any deal, in particular because of some feeble-minded people here and their hostile, insatiable and invasive mentalities.
I've seen multiple people here insist on spamming and badgering Chris for his attention regarding Everybody Edits and this situation in particular, which is incredibly stupid, anyone with a brain stem realizes that's backwards.

hummerz5 wrote:
SmittyW wrote:
Atilla wrote:

I've been actively speaking to someone everyone would like

sounds oddly Trump-esque. Do we assume Atilla really can somehow have the interests of "everyone" reflected in this one person, or do we have to question whether or not atilla is reliably describing the situation?

I'm fairly certain nearly everyone would favor this person far beyond the current options, and without giving too much detail, they aren't exactly unknown given their success in the past.
I couldn't think of anyone more of a fit for the role than this, and while I've expressed my intent to see it through, it's entirely undecided as to whether this acquisition in particular will happen.
I can't make any promises, but I'm not one to be very silent on matters, and given the current circumstances, it was worth sharing some insight on what's currently on the table.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2017-07-13 19:59:56, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-13 20:10:28)

LukeM
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

...they aren't exactly unknown given their success in the past...

I cant help but wonder what this means... although im not sure whether you'll be able to give more info without narrowing it down too much
Does this mean it is a previous EE dev / owner? Although I cant think of anyone *everyone* liked, so probably not...
Or does this mean a developer / owner from another game, in which case who is fairly well known but would still be willing to take on, and put a lot of time into EE?

#10 2017-07-13 20:41:20

BEE

@Atilla

I guess it is the secrecy that is causing anxiety among the players, and while your cryptic messages are better than nothing, the way they are worded makes it seem like some conspiracy theory is going on (lol)

I'd be willing to donate money to the game to help it survive, but I would need more information on how it would be used.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-13 20:47:52

Nou

Devlin wrote:

If you haven't already then join the discord: https://discord.gg/QT8qkBg. We sometimes talk about this stuff there.

First of all I wanted Nou to come back but he says he's too old for it..

Naw I was kidding, I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

No u.

#12 2017-07-13 21:00:53

Bimps

Nou wrote:
Devlin wrote:

First of all I wanted Nou to come back but he says he's too old for it..

Naw I was kidding, I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

i dont blame you, seeing as how they banned guests instead of removing them just for a problem that couldve had multiple solutions.

#13 2017-07-13 23:22:08

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

XxAtillaxX wrote:

As much as I'd like to go into further detail, it would be unwise to refer to anyone specifically prior to any deal

Inb4 it's MrShoe just back from his holiday with a batch of EE postcards and 15 new Fanboy smileys.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#14 2017-07-14 01:26:13

Cola1

As long as Atilla's 'Enigmatic Person' has the capabilities to handle EE's staff and players with proper care and communcation, rather than hitting the game every now and then so it spews out an update, I'm sure a majority of players would be happy. But as people have wrote, we can't tell until we see 'Enigmatic Person' in action, and that's if they go through with the acquisition process.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#15 2017-07-14 01:46:05

Abelysk

I vote Kaslai for president.

#16 2017-07-14 02:52:13

XxAtillaxX

BEE wrote:

@Atilla

I guess it is the secrecy that is causing anxiety among the players, and while your cryptic messages are better than nothing, the way they are worded makes it seem like some conspiracy theory is going on (lol)

I'd be willing to donate money to the game to help it survive, but I would need more information on how it would be used.

There's always been a level of secrecy to an extent, and as of current, there's very little to be transparent about, given the inactivity of NVD.
I'm deliberately refraining from going into personally identifiable detail, as stated for the reasons above, as much as possible without being overly cryptic.

Everybody Edits isn't facing any financial issues, it's still able to progress, however development will always stagnate whenever there's inactivity from management.

Tomahawk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

As much as I'd like to go into further detail, it would be unwise to refer to anyone specifically prior to any deal

Inb4 it's MrShoe just back from his holiday with a batch of EE postcards and 15 new Fanboy smileys.

No. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone, for there are things worse than death.

Bimps wrote:

i dont blame you, seeing as how they banned guests instead of removing them just for a problem that couldve had multiple solutions.

It's not a very good solution to the problem, however it's as close as you can get to a viable solution, beyond enforcing a captcha per room creation.
If you look at the architecture of Player.IO, they explicitly state that there isn't any proper way to communicate across rooms, which is the primary issue.

It would have been implemented long ago if it were that easy.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#17 2017-07-14 03:18:54

Que Pinche Onda
Banned

so basically we kidnap NVD THREATEN HIM TO GIVE THE GAME TO US THEN KEEP HIM IN OUR BASEMENT BEATING HIM DAY BY DAY UNTIL HE GIVES US ALL THE SCRIPTS

#18 2017-07-14 03:45:04

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Que Pinche Onda wrote:

so basically we kidnap NVD THREATEN HIM TO GIVE THE GAME TO US THEN KEEP HIM IN OUR BASEMENT BEATING HIM DAY BY DAY UNTIL HE GIVES US ALL THE SCRIPTS

explain how people created remakes of the game then

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#19 2017-07-14 18:50:48

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

How would we know if there's long inactivity or lack of progress from EE staff team becausecof NVD? Or is everything in this topic only assumptions about NVD?

#20 2017-07-14 18:53:03, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-07-14 18:53:43)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Doodle wrote:

How would we know if there's long inactivity or lack of progress from EE staff team becausecof NVD? Or is everything in this topic only assumptions about NVD?

There's evidence that NVD is in the wrong.

Besides, what exactly could a lack of activity and progress be from other than a lack of management and leadership?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2017-07-14 23:28:50

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Devlin wrote:
Doodle wrote:

Besides, what exactly could a lack of activity and progress be from other than a lack of management and leadership?

What's the evidence because i don't know.

#22 2017-07-14 23:38:25

Muftwin

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm fairly certain nearly everyone would favor this person far beyond the current options, and without giving too much detail, they aren't exactly unknown given their success in the past.
I couldn't think of anyone more of a fit for the role than this, and while I've expressed my intent to see it through, it's entirely undecided as to whether this acquisition in particular will happen.

NOTCH *thumbs up emoji*

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

#23 2017-07-15 08:00:26, last edited by Processor (2017-07-15 08:02:27)

Processor

Doodle wrote:
Devlin wrote:
Doodle wrote:

Phinarose and other staff have openly talked about NVD's inactivity and the lack of progress. If they were lying, you would see NVD or any other staff member come and argue here, but that's not the case, so we can be sure that they are telling the truth.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#24 2017-07-15 08:10:38

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Processor wrote:
Doodle wrote:
Devlin wrote:
Doodle wrote:

Phinarose and other staff have openly talked about NVD's inactivity and the lack of progress. If they were lying, you would see NVD or any other staff member come and argue here, but that's not the case, so we can be sure that they are telling the truth.

Oh i see, thanks.

#25 2017-07-16 19:34:13

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

BEE wrote:

I would actually like to have a discussion about this.

NVD has shown no interest in owning the game any more, from what I can tell. I do hope this is wrong and NVD comes and posts on this thread saying the opposite, but until then, let's assume this.

Will we wake up one day and EE will be gone, or is someone going to step up to the plate? Will NVD allow this?

I think this is important to discuss for the future of EE. I know I'm not around much, but this game holds a special place in my heart.

This is a topic that affects us all as a community and I believe it is a decision that should not be made behind closed doors.

No low effort posts, please, I would like some actual discussion.

It's actually quite normal for an owner of a multiplayer platform game to be inactive every now and then (inactive means you only see hem what maybe a few times a year) because typically they have a lot of things to do; work, papers, stocks, etc. And while NVD has been gone, what a mere month is nothing, WE HAVE IT TOO GOOD GUYS, JUST THINK ABOUT  IN THE PAST YEAR WE HAVE HAD MORE OFTEN UPDATES THEN WE HAVE EVER HAD... AND NOW SINCE THE UPDATES ARE NOT HAPPENING S FREQUENTLY AND NOW THAT THE OWNER HAS BEEN GONE FOR ONLY A MONTH... we... We... We became irritated and use to the new dreading updates, so for every stupid person thinking of changing ownership because they have been gone for 1 dam MONTH then you need a reality check, life does not revolve around you or anyone else, so just be patient and thankful a game that was suppose to die a year ago is still here by a miracle. Goodbye handheads.

N1KF1500324773668421

Board footer