Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-07 13:30:48, last edited by MartenM (2017-07-07 13:40:25)

MartenM
Website

So whats going on?

Normally I do not make these topics, but what's going on behind the scenes of EE?

We haven't had an official staff statement of whats going to happen since NVD said this:

NVD wrote:

We are definitely looking forward to sharing our detailed plans in the upcoming weeks.

Now with TOOP leaving, I feel like we are missing out on something.
What is going on? If there is ANY thing being done at all.

On the discord there were some serious complains about NVD not being online / managing the game at all.

Edit:
Also, maybe I am the only one, but that gold member price reduction, why did that even happen? Was it to push the last bit of money out of this game to fill someones pockets?

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#2 2017-07-07 13:35:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: So whats going on?

Am I the only person who thinks that NVD is currently being worse than Nou? Because honestly this lack of communication is killing the game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2017-07-07 15:34:51, last edited by Luka504 (2017-07-07 15:36:39)

Luka504

Honestly, at this point im genuinely worried that EE will die soon. This isn't one of those ,,EE is ded,, jokes. Im dead serious. With the huge lack of information regarding Unity, the staff members and the game as a whole, I'm actually fearing that this game will die in the next few weeks or so.

We lost a good chunk of staff members in the span of a few months, all who quit voluntarily, with some of them quitting playing the game altogether. Why though? I could maybe sorta understand one or two staff members bailing but we lost like 4! What happened that caused all of them to quit ob this game?

We dont know the progress of unity at all. The most we have is a 30 second gif showing off how the game would look like in Unity. But its release date? Still unknown. Maybe they don't want to repeat the same mistake of promising a deadline and not delivering? Like back in 2015?

And the game? What do we really know about it? I mean the answer should be nearly everything but we know next to nothing! When was the last time NVD, someone, anyone from the staff, told us how the game was doing instead of putting a blindfold over our eyes and telling us that everything will be revealed Soon TM, and never actually removing the blindfolds?

Tbh, until we get a response from NVD that actually gives us some answers, we might as well consider this game dead.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#4 2017-07-07 21:43:25

Latif

Only a miracle can safe Everybody Edits, and Unity won't be that miracle. Why would the game get more attention when a big update is released. People who never heard of Everybody Edits don't know anything, how will we inform them?

Unfortunately, the Unity update will never come, it's a myth.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-07-07 21:44:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Latif wrote:

Unfortunately, the Unity update will never come, it's a myth.

It's not a myth; just a failure and an undelivered promise.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2017-07-07 21:47:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Latif wrote:

Only a miracle can safe Everybody Edits, and Unity won't be that miracle. Why would the game get more attention when a big update is released. People who never heard of Everybody Edits don't know anything, how will we inform them?

If UnitEE gets released on Steam like Nou originally planned, the game will get more attention and be easier to promote.

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2017-07-08 00:21:37

Mieaz

Besides NVD, rest of the staff is active at ee...........except koya........................except megalamb............................................except benje.............................except...........

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#8 2017-07-08 01:04:10

John

everything will be ok trust me

PW?scale=2

#9 2017-07-08 11:18:05, last edited by capasha (2017-07-08 11:19:53)

capasha

I'm missing nou. He was best person to own EE. Everything got done and such.
If we look at any famous game there is a person that hold the team even if the person doesn't know anything about programming.
I would be happy if such person could be the new owner of EE. I know that I ignored nou before, but like it is now I regret where I was staying before.

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2017-07-08 11:29:51

Kira

capasha wrote:

If we look at any famous game there is a person that hold the team even if the person doesn't know anything about programming.
I would be happy if such person could be the new owner of EE. I know that I ignored nou before, but like it is now I regret where I was staying before.

The fun part is that Nvd kicked out Nou for being "inactive". Lol //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-08 11:37:22

Schlog

nvd is as transparent as a brick wall

#12 2017-07-08 11:40:59

Doomsdaytoy9000

NVD is a doughnut

XR0wvu0.png

#13 2017-07-08 12:14:38

Nou

Gee, who would've expected any of this? Totally didn't call this.

Kira wrote:
capasha wrote:

The fun part is that Nvd kicked out Nou for being "inactive". Lol :)

Wasn't "kicked", I became "inactive" after flogging the dead horse that is NVD for weeks on end; no progress was being made. I came back after some changes in my irl situation, but the horse was still dead. In an attempt to get things going again I tried to recruit some new people, who then turned on me. They (NVD, Jesse, Showpath) said they wanted to do a complete reboot*, which I found a bad idea but was willing to listen and look for a compromise. It was all just a ruse to get me out. I could've just dumped them and found new people, but I felt that'd just make things worse for EE, so with the hope they could actually keep the game going, I just passed it on to them.

*reboot in this case meant just keeping the name and core concept of the game, but leaving everything else behind, like the worlds/graphics/physics engine/etc.

This is how the conversation went:

Hidden text

I started signing over access of PlayerIO/website/Slack/etc., even paid a few months' worth of server costs for them to give them some breathing room and get things started. When I was done signing everything over and was about to say goodbye, my access to slack had already been revoked and couldn't even say goodbye anymore.
In the meantime, there has been an update or two for EE, but of course nothing Unity, and especially, no reboot. Which of course was never the plan anyway.

My little birds echo what MartenM is saying: nothing is happening development-wise right now.

No u.

#14 2017-07-08 12:16:15, last edited by Processor (2017-07-08 12:20:58)

Processor

None of this is new to me and it should hardly be a surprise to anyone who has read my farewell topic where I explained NVD's behavior when he was owner the first time in detail. Link to my post: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 90#p653190

Processor wrote:

During the time NVD was the owner of the game, he used the game's income for his own personal benefit. I'll ignore the (il)legality of this action, and state this did hurt the game (and staff morale). I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened again.

Atilla told us on Discord that exactly this has been happening again...

I cannot believe how everyone who remained part of staff forgot how NVD behaved before he was replaced as owner. I'm glad toop realized this eventually. The future of EE looks dim without toop, as he made major contributions designing and pushing for many of the game's recent features (not just design but also the game play), like team doors, effects and gold membership.

Don't make the mistake of believing that only NVD is at fault for all of this. The staff obviously knew about NVD's lies (about any progress being made in unity, about the money earned being reinvested back in EE, etc.) but they chose to stay silent as well. Jesse and Showpath are especially guilty of this, since they were the ones who pushed for NVD becoming the owner (see nou's post) and they are the ones who benefited from this (becoming admins).

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#15 2017-07-08 12:52:03

Cola1

So where do we go from here? The staff team is getting smaller and smaller as the months go by and the death of Everybody Edits is seemingly inevitable.
As a player who's active in the 'quieter' hours of the game, I don't know how much the community impacts the game, but I honestly feel helpless to lend my support.
With the lack of communication, and as the above posts have shown the general quality of the staff's effort seems pretty low, I feel like all the community can do is watch Everybody Edits suffer its slow, painful death. With that said, I think the staff need to reach out to the community, communicate with us, let us few people who want to try to save EE help.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2017-07-08 13:22:00

Wizard2002

Reading that conversation (NOU's post) has opened my eyes. For so many years I have had idols that I have only recently found out the truth of... some are cowards... others are just jerks. I'm glad I got out of EE while it was still doing well... and that it didn't leave tainted memories of cherished memories...

I can't believe I am saying this... not even as a joke. EE is nearly dead... Before, the community was disintegrating, and now the staff is corrupted. I'm glad that many realized the truth and decided to leave (Toop, Proc, and the others) I would have done the same. I think now I will check the forums more frequently... waiting for it to go silent.

As a player who has spent years of his life to this game... I am sad to see it go down in flames //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I can only dream that one day... someone will go on to recreate a similar game, and that it won't have the same fate.

Too any corrupted staff... I hope you're happy that you killed a 2D emoji platformer and sandbox game for your own benefits... that's just the lowest of the lows...

And to any of my friends that I have made, may fate one day allow us to meet again. In real life or online... I don't really care. I think by now I've dragged it on long enough... goodbye EE... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#17 2017-07-08 18:10:35

Schlog

jesus CHRIST just kill the game already so this **** doesn't keep happening

i legit don't see a better course of action

#18 2017-07-08 18:36:55

LukeM
Website

Ninja wrote:

What advantage is there of killing the game? Having a badly run game is better than having no game at all imo...

#19 2017-07-08 18:41:26

Schlog

destroyer123 wrote:
Ninja wrote:

What advantage is there of killing the game? Having a badly run game is better than having no game at all imo...

i think having no game at all is better with the direction it's been taking

Wooted by:

#20 2017-07-08 19:39:58, last edited by Processor (2017-07-08 19:40:21)

Processor

ZwoSpC3.png
By zoey

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#21 2017-07-08 20:39:50

XxAtillaxX

Everybody Edits has been progressively declining for a very long time, and the mere change in administration hasn't destroyed the game, the lack of action and progress has.
There isn't enough revenue generated to allocate towards effective marketing or development with well-seasoned developers with technologies like Unity, and the assets as well.

I'm typically hesitant to comment on any internal discussions within any administration publicly, however I've been actively speaking to someone everyone would like, who has the resources and funds to allocate towards Everybody Edits.
It's entirely dependant on whether there is an agreement for the acquisition, however I'm certain that if there is, the game will be headed in a significantly more promising direction than it would otherwise given the current circumstance.

I'd like to go into further detail although I can't for legal reasons, as well as logical ones when dealing with a community that has people prideful for injecting themselves into external affairs, especially when they are disappointed.
I don't make any promises, though it's best to inform the community to a reasonable extent rather than essentially incentivising drama through unresponsiveness, which only gives the impression of apathy and neglect.

I've  the entire co-operation and agreement of the current administration with the acquirement process, if it is to occur. I'd like to hope in the near future, although there are priorities with separate ventures.
I'd hope that'd answer a bit of "what's going on behind the scenes." although I'm aware it invites many more questions as a result. I've gone into pretty much all the detail I can at this point, though.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#22 2017-07-08 20:45:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

There isn't enough revenue generated to allocate towards effective marketing or development with well-seasoned developers with technologies like Unity, and the assets as well.

Have you not seen the amount of gold members recently? If the money from that isn't going towards effective marketing or development then where is it going? Spoilers: NVD's pocket.

I hope the person you suggest who has the funds is not corrupt an actually a good candidate though. Because someone who is already fairly wealthy, and therefor has no intentions to profit from EE, seems like the kind of person we need.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2017-07-08 21:18:42

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

even though i'm most likely the most unintelligent person on ee, i'll still add something;

yes, ee is dying. it's like that whole deadlox channel; died before it could make a feeble attempt at change, and that's the road ee is driving down at this rate. there's been no good updates regarding new campaigns, blocks, or smilies, it's just those 'im leaving' updates regarding the resignation of admins, especially the one who's created a huge majority of blocks and smilies, toop. since nou, processor and toop left us, nothing has been heard back about ee being ported over to unity. it's as if ee was a failed project, and in my eyes, that's what it is. ee was a game that's never had a player count peek. it's always been 200 and now it's around 50 or less depending on the time of day. we don't need all these blocks that we never actually use, one of those is ice. we didn't need ice, since it was already a thing: weightless dots.
but, what we do need, is staff. more staff. staff we can look up to if we have any troubles or problems. staff who actually do something. staff who listen.

if ee's hiring mods, sign me up.

#24 2017-07-08 21:34:47

Mieaz

Devlin wrote:

Have you not seen the amount of gold members recently? If the money from that isn't going towards effective marketing or development then where is it going? Spoilers: NVD's pocket.

koya said in 2016 ---it's saved for future development of ee---

p.s: I strongly doubt lowering gm's cost was "soaking money" purpose, if "someone" really wanted to take all potential money from the game then putting all items to one or two gem price would be much better "solution". >80% of the people (who are unaware of why the decision was made), would immediately rush to buy gems.
tl;dr lowering gm's price is reasonable action, if not, why beta and alike weren't lowered??

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#25 2017-07-08 21:39:18

Wizard2002

Devlin wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I hope the person you suggest who has the funds is not corrupt an actually a good candidate though. Because someone who is already fairly wealthy, and therefor has no intentions to profit from EE, seems like the kind of person we need.

According to Nou, it's mostly going into Nvd's back pocket for his own benefit >:|

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

OINX1499791687667457

Board footer