Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-07-02 22:36:45

merkat

Re: EE features stolen from EBE

Michele wrote:
merkat wrote:

Let me get this straight, EBE takes the whole concept of EE to use it and you or users of  EBE complain they took ideas from  EBE?

Taking the whole concept of EE, changing it as you like, no matter how you put it is still intellectual property theft.

Even if it is true as you said, ( and I doubt it because most of these ideas were posted on this forum loooong time ago, not once but many times by more than one user.)   if EBE took the whole concept of EE by 99% and EE took from EBE 000,1%  there aren't any ''doubts to clear up  with the staff'', maybe the EE's staff should clear some real doubts with the EBE's owner about who stole what from whom.

Well, I'd consider your second statement right. I do not care if EBE or a group attempts to create a game identical to EE with new features, and I do not even care about EE remakes, it's still theft because EE is the original game. But as for your third statement, hmm...

You could have said that 'EE DID not know about EBE at that time'. EE staffs were making all the time the gravity effect, if the rumors about EE stealing EBE concepts are true there would be a uproar...

Nah, no uproar, it doesn't work like that. They should be happy the EE's owner didn't shut them off yet and take in consideration is never late to do so.

#27 2017-07-02 22:38:01, last edited by RavaTroll (2017-07-02 22:38:18)

RavaTroll

Re: EE features stolen from EBE

That gravity changing effect was actually """"invented"""" in a secret EE remake made by Cyph1e and EX back in 2011-2012. I still have the source-code somewhere.

Hidden text

( The weird cones in bottom left picture )

So were checkpoints ( the black and white thing where the player stands in the bottom right picture ) and hazards, and down arrows and upside down character.

So yeah, no, nobody invented these things, players have had these kind of ideas since ee started growing.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by: (4)
RavaTroll1499031481666330

Board footer