Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-02 19:36:16

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

EE features stolen from EBE

Hello.
Please do not hate me for this post, I just want to clear up some doubts with the staff.

You might not like EBE, but this didn't have to go this far.
There is proof (on youtube) that EE has taken these features from EBE, long ago.

Please do not reply to this post if you haven't checked the videos.

Alright, so until now EE has taken some stuff from EBE, but it's going too far now that they say they made it originally.

FEATURES TAKEN
1. Gravity Effect. This has definetely not been "stolen" as in code, but as in idea, yes.
This is something Every Build Exists had for months now, which are "Sky Worlds", where the Gravity Effect is already activated, as upside-down.

2. %USERNAME%. Your reason to steal it was that "it was suggested on the forums"... Well yeah, right. So after EBE has %USERNAME% and %Username% you decide to copy it from them. Smart.

3. Save Code Button. I know I know, you changed it back to Randomize, but you had some versions with it as Save Code, just like EBE.

4. Down Arrows. Very smart idea. You copied down arrows. I am sure of this because it's the same boost (1.25x)... Good job.

SUGGESTIONS
For this to stop happening, EE might aswell admit they take stuff from EBE. It doesn't cost at all putting some words saying it was taken from EBE. Would be good for both sides.
Or EE might aswell stop copying EBE's stuff...?

NEGLIGENCE
Worst. Besides all of this, there have been users banned for saying they like EBE, which is outrageous. Phinarose, might aswell explain here?
Banning players only because they like EBE is really bad. It's the worst decision a moderator could take.
They aren't hurting anybody. It's called Freedoom of Speech, if EE still wants to have that.

VIDEOS
The videos from EBE that proof they had it first:
UPD 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt69Cv5FgaE
UPD 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jaFmJ44rA4
UPD 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXoz7mWeMao

If you do not watch the videos, do not reply. It's a MUST before posting. I don't care for the woots. I know I will get none, and some hate, but this had to be done.

Also, please keep this on-topic and elaborate your posts. It's okay to hate/dislike EBE, but please keep yourself on-topic here. I don't want this to become a EBE debate topic, but yes a EE taking from EBE debate.

Thanks for reading.
(P.S.: Also, don't take this too much to the chest. I do not intend to offend anybody, and there is no need in becoming defencive.)

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-07-02 19:46:42

Notcarksss

Re: EE features stolen from EBE

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Hello.
Please do not hate me for this post, I just want to clear up some doubts with the staff.

You might not like EBE, but this didn't have to go this far.
There is proof (on youtube) that EE has taken these features from EBE, long ago.

Please do not reply to this post if you haven't checked the videos.

Alright, so until now EE has taken some stuff from EBE, but it's going too far now that they say they made it originally.

FEATURES TAKEN
1. Gravity Effect. This has definetely not been "stolen" as in code, but as in idea, yes.
This is something Every Build Exists had for months now, which are "Sky Worlds", where the Gravity Effect is already activated, as upside-down.

2. %USERNAME%. Your reason to steal it was that "it was suggested on the forums"... Well yeah, right. So after EBE has %USERNAME% and %Username% you decide to copy it from them. Smart.

3. Save Code Button. I know I know, you changed it back to Randomize, but you had some versions with it as Save Code, just like EBE.

4. Down Arrows. Very smart idea. You copied down arrows. I am sure of this because it's the same boost (1.25x)... Good job.

SUGGESTIONS
For this to stop happening, EE might aswell admit they take stuff from EBE. It doesn't cost at all putting some words saying it was taken from EBE. Would be good for both sides.
Or EE might aswell stop copying EBE's stuff...?

NEGLIGENCE
Worst. Besides all of this, there have been users banned for saying they like EBE, which is outrageous. Phinarose, might aswell explain here?
Banning players only because they like EBE is really bad. It's the worst decision a moderator could take.
They aren't hurting anybody. It's called Freedoom of Speech, if EE still wants to have that.

VIDEOS
The videos from EBE that proof they had it first:
UPD 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt69Cv5FgaE
UPD 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jaFmJ44rA4
UPD 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXoz7mWeMao

If you do not watch the videos, do not reply. It's a MUST before posting. I don't care for the woots. I know I will get none, and some hate, but this had to be done.

Also, please keep this on-topic and elaborate your posts. It's okay to hate/dislike EBE, but please keep yourself on-topic here. I don't want this to become a EBE debate topic, but yes a EE taking from EBE debate.

Thanks for reading.
(P.S.: Also, don't take this too much to the chest. I do not intend to offend anybody, and there is no need in becoming defencive.)

Although I am a member of the EBE and EE Community, there is clearly no doubt that EE might have taken some ideas from EBE.
The updates in those videos posted above show some of the features added into EBE before EE.
A few days after those videos were posted, they mysteriously appeared in EE, which seems suspicious. Although, im not ignoring the fact that EE could have come up with these ideas at the same time as EBE, it seems very suspicious that these were added a few days after EBE Released an update. Nvd gave the owner of EBE Permission for EBE to stay active and not to be shut down, so in my eyes, it seems fitting that these ideas have been taken though it is wrong.

YqrOV8L.png
?type=online&name=Notcarksss ?type=energy&name=Notcarksss
?type=loginstreak&name=Notcarksss ?type=itemsbought&name=Notcarksss
YEE.png
Notcarksss.jpg

Wooted by:

#3 2017-07-02 19:48:31, last edited by Abelysk (2017-07-02 19:49:28)

Abelysk

Or, you know, they decided to create what everyone has been suggesting for the past 4 years. Everyone has been asking for a gravity effect.

As for the down arrows I remember suggesting that in the past. It was revoked but it makes sense with gravity effect enabled.

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2017-07-02 19:57:40, last edited by icepegasus (2017-07-02 20:19:28)

icepegasus

Abelysk wrote:

Or, you know, they decided to create what everyone has been suggesting for the past 4 years. Everyone has been asking for a gravity effect.

As for the down arrows I remember suggesting that in the past. It was revoked but it makes sense with gravity effect enabled.

It doesn't really seem like it, how come down arrows are 1.25 exactly like EBE was before EE released their update?
I mean, yea it does make sense to add a down arrow with gravity effect, but 1.25 like EBE? a bit weird.

Edit:
Also must point out, if EE community asked for these stuff for 4 years, how come they decided to add it after EBE added it?
Are they so scared that EBE has features that EE don't have so they must go and add it after EBE?

user.php?id=icepegasus

Wooted by:

#5 2017-07-02 19:58:53

realmaster42
Website

Abelysk wrote:

Not just any suggestion, tho...

#6 2017-07-02 20:01:54

icepegasus

Also I must point out, the EBE is an exact copy of EE, so ofcourse EE is allowed to copy from EBE features etc.. But don't say you came up with it while EBE had it before you.

user.php?id=icepegasus

Wooted by:

#7 2017-07-02 20:06:16

Phinarose

I am responding to the part of this post in which I am accused of banning people for "liking EBE". I have never banned anyone for saying they played EBE or that they liked it better than the original EE. I do not know how this rumor came to be, but it simply isn't true. I honestly couldn't care less is people choose to play EBE, it is their choice and I have nothing against them for doing so.

WjoM2zh.png

#8 2017-07-02 20:07:20

icepegasus

phinarose wrote:

I am responding to the part of this post in which I am accused of banning people for "liking EBE". I have never banned anyone for saying they played EBE or that they liked it better than the original EE. I do not know how this rumor came to be, but it simply isn't true. I honestly couldn't care less is people choose to play EBE, it is their choice and I have nothing against them for doing so.

Never heard of people accusing you of banning them for liking EBE.

user.php?id=icepegasus

#9 2017-07-02 20:13:47

Sensei1

I don't really understand the problem here. Even if they decided to add the stuff they saw on EBE to EE, it's not like they're copying something EBE came up with. EE didn't "create" these ideas, but EBE did not either. Why would they credit EBE for something they did not create?

Wooted by:

#10 2017-07-02 20:17:46

hummerz5

my turn: Please don't hate, but I feel this is more of a general discussion and grapeshot sort of topic than "let's debate something"

I mean you're accusing and demanding response as opposed to arguing a point imo, so this'll be in off-topic until someone moves it otherwise

on the topic, though: in a fun circular bout of logic... if your game is a remake of EE, and EE gains features that you already had, then your remake just becomes more authentic!

lol anyhow please consider accusing people of the banning thing when you have more proof, though I imagine that isn't the sort of thing easily proven

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-02 20:23:28

icepegasus

Another thing I wanna say here:
EE's staff are inactive, the only active mod/admin I've seen is phinarose,
Doesn't it make sense that EBE is trying to fix up the problems the EE has, I mean it seems like the whole story of EE2 replaying.
What's the point of hating EBE, if there is no EE anymore anyway?

user.php?id=icepegasus

#12 2017-07-02 20:50:07

Gosha

EBE is a fan based version of EE
EE can take suggestions from EBE and implement it in EE

EE takes stuff created by it's fans for copy of EE

I really don't see the problem here

#13 2017-07-02 20:52:19

Processor

Someone create a topic named "EBE features stolen from EE" please

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (4)

#14 2017-07-02 21:10:25, last edited by Michele (2017-07-02 21:11:04)

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Processor wrote:

e a topic named "EBE features stolen from EE" please

First, I dont wanna offend you, but you didnt read the title right. It said 'EE FEATURES stolen FROM EBE'. Every Build Exist stole FEATURES from EE, expect for the campaign. Also if IT were really true with authentic images, veterans would quit this game.

Second, I do not care at all if EBE is a remake, it's just lousy. We're missing a very important proof, and the proof is THE REAL proof that NVD really stole EBE's features. And since I am replying to you, Processor, that means you could ASK your leader about several questions. Why aren't you active, and neither NVD.

And last thing to add too. Everyone has been suggesting gravity. At the time gravity in EBE was created, EE did NOT know about this. So this isn't considered stealing, it's more like NOT knowing about it. EE staffs just never checks out fan-made remakes, for your information.

TLDR: I want to see Marco saying about the same thing as me.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#15 2017-07-02 21:11:23

realmaster42
Website

Processor wrote:

Someone create a topic named "EBE features stolen from EE" please

If EBE is a remake, it's perfectly obvious it has copied everything from EE. But one thing is for sure, EBE admits to have copied the stuff, unlike EE.

#16 2017-07-02 21:12:52, last edited by Processor (2017-07-02 21:15:14)

Processor

NVD is not my "leader".

Why am I not active? I quit staff 3 months ago. Have you been sleeping under a rock?

miss-the-point.png

The point I'm trying to make is that it is pretty hypocritical of you to call it "stealing" because
a) stealing someone else's work (what you did) is illegal everywhere and
b) adopting clever ideas from others is neither illegal nor immoral.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#17 2017-07-02 21:14:03

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Processor wrote:

NVD is not my "leader".

Why am I not active? I quit staff 3 months ago. Have you been sleeping under a rock?

Well, alright then, but you could have at least told us why do you think the staffs are inactive, save for Phinarose.

They're not on a very long vacantion like Mrshoe, are they?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#18 2017-07-02 21:21:29

skullz17

What is this "1.25x" thing? Isn't down arrow as powerful as the other arrows?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#19 2017-07-02 21:29:22, last edited by Processor (2017-07-02 21:30:13)

Processor

Michele wrote:
Processor wrote:

NVD is not my "leader".

Well, alright then, but you could have at least told us why do you think the staffs are inactive, save for Phinarose.

They have abandoned the game to work on EEUnityto do nothing.

skullz17 wrote:

Maybe it is the "push" every arrow gives the player. I am no longer sure. Down arrows are as powerful and special as any other arrow.

#20 2017-07-02 21:41:52

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Processor wrote:
Michele wrote:
Processor wrote:

NVD is not my "leader".

skullz17 wrote:

Maybe it is the "push" every arrow gives the player. I am no longer sure. Down arrows are as powerful and special as any other arrow.

Eh, I wouldn't appreciate it if you joked. If you were still on EE, you could have asked the staffs WHY are they being inactive. But then they'd give you a rude response: that they have lives.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#21 2017-07-02 21:52:59

realmaster42
Website

Michele wrote:
Processor wrote:
Michele wrote:
Processor wrote:

NVD is not my "leader".

skullz17 wrote:

Eh, I wouldn't appreciate it if you joked. If you were still on EE, you could have asked the staffs WHY are they being inactive. But then they'd give you a rude response: that they have lives.

You make no sense.

#22 2017-07-02 21:59:52

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

What I mean is, if Processor was once a admin, could he really prove it? Could he really tell everyone that the staffs are inactive to do nothing?
All I am saying is that I don't believe his statement. Are EE admins really inactive or is it just a lie made up?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#23 2017-07-02 22:09:00, last edited by merkat (2017-07-02 22:27:21)

merkat

Let me get this straight, EBE takes the whole concept of EE to use it and you or users of  EBE complain they took ideas from  EBE?

Taking the whole concept of EE, changing it as you like, no matter how you put it is still intellectual property theft.

Even if it is true as you said, ( and I doubt it because most of these ideas were posted on this forum loooong time ago, not once but many times by more than one user.)   if EBE took the whole concept of EE by 99% and EE took from EBE 000,1%  there aren't any ''doubts to clear up  with the staff'', maybe the EE's staff should clear some real doubts with the EBE's owner about who stole what from whom.

EDIT: Besides, doesen't anyone notice how awkward this is?  heck, if your here to complain about this, at least ask them to give you the code to EEUnity too, so at least when is up and running the EBE owner could ''improve'' it, take all the users and have a blast, maybe he could make it 3D even before EE so you or others can complain they stole the idea when EE catches up.

Phatetic.

#24 2017-07-02 22:26:31

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

merkat wrote:

Let me get this straight, EBE takes the whole concept of EE to use it and you or users of  EBE complain they took ideas from  EBE?

Taking the whole concept of EE, changing it as you like, no matter how you put it is still intellectual property theft.

Even if it is true as you said, ( and I doubt it because most of these ideas were posted on this forum loooong time ago, not once but many times by more than one user.)   if EBE took the whole concept of EE by 99% and EE took from EBE 000,1%  there aren't any ''doubts to clear up  with the staff'', maybe the EE's staff should clear some real doubts with the EBE's owner about who stole what from whom.

Well, I'd consider your second statement right. I do not care if EBE or a group attempts to create a game identical to EE with new features, and I do not even care about EE remakes, it's still theft because EE is the original game. But as for your third statement, hmm...

You could have said that 'EE DID not know about EBE at that time'. EE staffs were making all the time the gravity effect, if the rumors about EE stealing EBE concepts are true there would be a uproar...

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#25 2017-07-02 22:32:52, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-02 22:33:10)

LukeM
Website

Ok... There are quite a few problems with your OP:

1. From what youve said, the gravity is just upside down in the world, which is nothing like what the effect does... The same could be achieved without an effect at all, just using invisible up arrows... EBE wasnt exactly the first place with different directions for gravity

4. Two things possibly wrong with this one... First, down arrows are really needed for the gravity effect, because otherwise there would be no way to have down gravity when you have other gravity effects. Second, I have no idea what your talking about when you say it has the same multiplier, from what I can tell, it acts exactly the same as any other arrow, and I cant see a 1.25 anywhere (could you please tell us where you got this info from?)

As for any other ideas which actually could have been copied from EBE, it is likely that EBE got the idea from the EE forums, so even if they did add it first, its still an idea suggested for EE, so EE adding it doesnt mean it was copied form EBE...

RavaTroll1499031481666330

Board footer