Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-05-02 16:37:35

capasha

Re: Can EE get rid of scoundrel copies?

Koya wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

I've never played this before, this remake is fan made and is nonprofit, since you can't buy gems. So it's not stealing money. You might say it's stealing players, but as I saw most of the time this remake is down because it uses free Player.IO plan or has 0 players, the most player this remake had as I saw was ~10 players.

Conclusion - Let kids have fun.

Just don't use the same login details there as here (or anywhere else), no idea about their security because they made it - it might be stored as plain text.

They use PlayerIO as Everybody Edits does, they use same encryption. If there is a logger in the code then there is another problem.

#27 2017-05-02 16:53:39

Minisaurus
Banned

Kira wrote:

Who cares?

Can you answer your loaded question?
Seems like you are over-confident about your self-conviction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, its not about caring, its about understanding the problem of the EE copies.
A player should care in the sense of understanding and being careful with that EE copies.

#28 2017-05-02 19:06:27

Kira

Minisaurus wrote:
Kira wrote:

Who cares?

Can you answer your loaded question?
Seems like you are over-confident about your self-conviction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, its not about caring, its about understanding the problem of the EE copies.
A player should care in the sense of understanding and being careful with that EE copies.

Sorry, I haven't changed my mind since yesterday. I still don't care. Why should we be careful about EE copies? They do no harm.

Wooted by:

#29 2017-05-02 20:13:07, last edited by Myst (2017-05-02 20:14:34)

Myst

Minisaurus wrote:
Kira wrote:

Why should we be careful about EE copies?

They can stole the password of a player if that player uses the same email and password for EE and an EE copy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

CONTENT WARNING

this is the reason why I changed my pass today. ty Minisaurus

I would like to woot your post, but you are just deleted your post, why?

#30 2017-05-02 20:28:14

capasha

Minisaurus wrote:

Hackers or moderators of an EE copy can stole the password of a player if that player uses the same email and password for EE and an EE copy.

The only thing that they can see is the email. It's exactly same on the real EE version. Stop write about things you don't know.

#31 2017-05-02 20:40:58, last edited by Raphe9000 (2017-05-02 20:41:31)

Raphe9000

Minisaurus wrote:
CONTENT WARNING

Cool. Then you're on the same page; you both are of equal levels of caring. Was Kira EXPECTING anyone to care? That would be irrational. Hell, you care most of all about Kira's post with your getting worked up over it, so stop.

#32 2017-05-02 21:45:54

Minisaurus
Banned

Kira wrote:

Why should we be careful about EE copies?

There could be some not legit EE copies, and could be possible that someone steal a player password if that player uses the same password for EE in a not legit EE copy.

capasha wrote:

The only thing that the EBE moderators can see is the email. It's exactly same on the real EE version, Stop write about things you don't know.

You don´t know neither if the moderators of a random EE copy are saving the password somewhere to after that use them, so, its always great be careful with suspicious EE copies, I´m talking not about EBE, but about every not legit EE copy in the comment that you quoted.
(The comment that you quoted is separated from the topic and has nothing to do with the topic. I deleted that comment because it was not clear enough, this is the improved version of the deleted comment that you quoted).

Raphe9000 wrote:

you both are of equal levels of caring. You care about Kira's post about how Kira don´t care

Kira made a loaded question, so I gave him my answer, and then I told him that I don´t care about how he don´t care.

#33 2017-05-02 21:56:11

Koya
Fabulous Member

capasha wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

Hackers or moderators of an EE copy can stole the password of a player if that player uses the same email and password for EE and an EE copy.

The only thing that they can see is the email. It's exactly same on the real EE version. Stop write about things you don't know.

They wrote the back-end, they could be doing something fishy as a middle-man between the client and PIO - it could be legit or details could be siphoned off.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#34 2017-05-02 22:13:47

Swarth100

Koya wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

I've never played this before, this remake is fan made and is nonprofit, since you can't buy gems. So it's not stealing money. You might say it's stealing players, but as I saw most of the time this remake is down because it uses free Player.IO plan or has 0 players, the most player this remake had as I saw was ~10 players.

Conclusion - Let kids have fun.

Just don't use the same login details there as here (or anywhere else), no idea about their security because they made it - it might be stored as plain text.

[email protected] was already taken //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#35 2017-05-02 23:39:58

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

If EE can be replaced by the people who currently code remakes, it deserves to be.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#36 2017-05-02 23:59:34

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Tomahawk wrote:

If EE can be replaced by the people who currently code remakes, it deserves to be.

Huh?

Sorry, I'm too nub to develop a $10k/month game.

#37 2017-05-03 00:18:47

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

HG wrote:

Sorry, I'm too nub to develop a $10k/month game.

Must've been a typo.

$10/month**

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#38 2017-05-03 08:36:07, last edited by Doodle (2017-05-04 20:59:47)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Is there a valid reason to ignore this illegal copy?

Are we really going to ignore this because EE is low in popularity and EBE is lower so it doesn't matter?
Especially since this is a for profit game, to benefit EE still running, and not some random single player game (not online) that nobody cares you hack (even the owner). This illegal copy-cat should be teared down immediately as would any business would not accept somebody stealing or copying there products.

If you don't like present day EE, leave, don't copy and steal it. But hey, if the Administrators of this game really don't care as many people here don't care, do as you please.

#39 2017-05-03 10:29:15

Zumza

Doodle wrote:

Is there a valid reason to ignore this illegal copy?

Are we really going to ignore this because EE is low in popularity and EBE is lower so it doesn't matter?
Especially since this is a for profit game, to benefit EE still running, and not some random single player game (not online) that nobody cares you hack (even the owner). This illegal copy-cat should be teared down immediately as would any business would not accept somebody stealing or copying there products.

If you don't like present day EE, leave, don't copy and steal it. But hey, if the Administrators of this game really don't care as many people here don't care, do as you please.

Yes there are serval valid reasons. The main one is that EE doesn't have enough money to do the actions needed in order to sue anybody who've stolen their I.P., and that EBE makes no profit whatsoever.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#40 2017-05-03 17:21:04

Anatoly

capasha wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

I am playing this, and?

You could send many players to leave if the staff would do this.

I am terrified what happened here with bots, so I am no longer requesting help, and trying to work there, in my opnion the only problem is the forums. I can leave the game, but sadly i am somehow addcited of the forums. I am unnormal guy.

Nice to hear. I hope you get more help on EBE, it's not a good practice to use a array of words instead of a document. Have fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

You think it was fun for me, when i lost everything i used 2 years?

I've been waiting no for a month, to someone help me in recovery of my worlds - and i don't have hope anymore in that. I will never share you any code anymore, I don't want this to happen again. So I now have to develop with a"spaghetti" code. Or you know how to not let this happen again?

Also more about that...

When I accidentally released my account... Someone of this community used the bad options. I think like this community is filled with bulliers. if you want me to leave, continue like this and in some months you can forget my name! Continue, make me angry, Post smilies, Have fun on annoying me. Continue trying to let me flame for ban points, ...

I can show you many posts which were a bully for me, which received many woots, to show the support of the bully, and then more woots i see in that posts then less i want to stay in communities like this.

Let's say, the below post will be a quote of me by Kira. She will post a blank white image with useless content. That post will receive ~10 woots (15% of the active community, not bad for a game having so many bullies.) And I don't wonder why she/it got demoted. Because those bullies have to be demoted!

#41 2017-05-03 18:26:43

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

I've been waiting no for a month, to someone help me in recovery of my worlds - and i don't have hope anymore in that. I will never share you any code anymore, I don't want this to happen again. So I now have to develop with a"spaghetti" code. Or you know how to not let this happen again?

I dont think anyone will just come and help you, youll need to contact atilla or someone and ask them, then they will probably tell you whether they can or not
You dont need to stop posting bot code, you should just never hard code your details into the code, just having an input at the start isnt that hard, and it prevents things like this from happening

AnatolyEE wrote:

When I accidentally released my account... Someone of this community used the bad options. I think like this community is filled with bulliers. if you want me to leave, continue like this and in some months you can forget my name! Continue, make me angry, Post smilies, Have fun on annoying me. Continue trying to let me flame for ban points, ...

It only takes one person to steal your account, it doesnt necessarily mean that the whole community is bad. Im sure that the majority of people would have let you know that youve posted your details, and no do anything with them

LukeM1493832403658349

Board footer