Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 15:37:36, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-02 18:28:16)

Minisaurus
Banned

Can EE get rid of scoundrel copies?

So recently joined ¨EBE¨ with a guest to check what is going on in that copy of EE, I thought it was going to be like all other experiences in other copies of EE but EBE turned out to be a much worse leech than any other copy of EE.

I had a conversation with a moderator and i thought all were going to be normal but seems like the moderators of that game blame EE moderation and everything about EE, telling all their players to not play EE implicitly:
(Be sure to read my comments as well to understand to what that moderator is answering)
y82Vf6y.png
KPFxG8q.png

If the conversation became longer instead of a few answer It would be sure become even worse.

That copies of EE seems to be not a big deal until you find out that they have everything EE have, but copied from the original, the forum, the wiki, the game itself, without impudence to then say they can success and make EE just one more step to trample to achieve success.

<snip'd external client links>

________________________________________________________________________________________

So, do moderators of EE really care of them? that EBE moderators seems to be really convinced that their EBE will be more successful than EE, including the arrogance of saying that the original EE is worse to EBE players, and who knows, maybe they could make a EBE unity version if they are not stopped.
Maybe its just another EE copy, but the experience with that EBE moderators was just shocking.

CONTENT WARNING: Contain some insults from part of Realmaster42 & Large chat image

Note: It would be all ok about that copy if it were not about that the moderators of EBE told their players how bad they think EE is and how EBE is ¨better¨ than EE.

A question about a EBE profile search error:

#2 2017-05-01 15:49:24

Kira

Re: Can EE get rid of scoundrel copies?

Honestly speaking.

Who cares?

#3 2017-05-01 15:51:49

XxAtillaxX

They could be taken down with a simple copyright notice, however they're never going to become successful so it doesn't really matter.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 2017-05-01 15:54:01

Emma333

They won't be more successful but they do take players from the actual game.

Pm me with anything math related please

#5 2017-05-01 16:01:19

Anatoly

I am playing this, and?

You could send many players to leave if the staff would do this.

I am terrified what happened here with bots, so I am no longer requesting help, and trying to work there, in my opnion the only problem is the forums. I can leave the game, but sadly i am somehow addcited of the forums. I am unnormal guy.

Wooted by:

#6 2017-05-01 16:07:38

LukeM
Website

Mysterion wrote:

Its basically EE, but run by less competant staff, so even less effort is put into optimisation / efficient code
This does however mean that they can rush features, so they end up messy and slow, but in the game. The problem with this is that it looks good on the surface, so convinces them that they are doing better than EE, but its not a sustainable way to add to the game, so their version will just get worse and worse

#7 2017-05-01 16:16:41, last edited by EELagsToday (2017-05-01 16:25:36)

EELagsToday
Banned

Mysterion wrote:

Nice **** CPU m8.

Also, honestly speaking, who cares about it?
It's just a private remake that nobody was sharing around until you shared it.

(I've played EBE before, it is not that bad as you are saying it is, it's just on Alpha so there are missing features, tho it's really good)

Could we please stop with this drama and persuading remakes when they are still on alpha?

#8 2017-05-01 16:33:06, last edited by Myst (2017-05-01 16:33:58)

Myst

EELagsToday wrote:
Mysterion wrote:

Nice **** CPU m8.

please...., It's because this ee remake
F7f0Ej.png

you should read this post  http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 42#p657742

#9 2017-05-01 16:35:45

EELagsToday
Banned

Mysterion wrote:
EELagsToday wrote:
Mysterion wrote:

Nice **** CPU m8.

please...., It's because this ee remake
https://vgy.me/F7f0Ej.png

you should read this post  http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 42#p657742

You just linked the proof your CPU is terrible.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-05-01 16:57:37

xcxyx18

this game is stealing players from EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

AAA (...)
jMXDrBJ.png?1 Vcaqrsr.png cjrriEx.png

#11 2017-05-01 16:58:37, last edited by EELagsToday (2017-05-01 16:59:37)

EELagsToday
Banned

xcxyx18 wrote:

this game is stealing players from EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

EE is already dead dont worry

#12 2017-05-01 17:00:08

LukeM
Website

EELagsToday wrote:

You just linked the proof your CPU is terrible.

If you read down the topic, I think the conclusion is that its probably graphics driver / card problems. In any game you will get a high CPU usage if the game is using the CPU to render graphics

#13 2017-05-01 17:06:48

Faave

it doesnt have to end with ebe getting more popular than ee, we need to get the administers to shut down that copy #EBEMustDie

AAA

#14 2017-05-01 17:18:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Don't worry, EBE will die faster than Mr Shoe's reputation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#15 2017-05-01 17:22:23

Minisaurus
Banned

EELagsToday,
As my conclusion I can tell you are Realmaster42.
Realmaster42 is aware of this topic and you are the only one that is using all his words in your comments, literally.
Its understandable this topic triggers you because you are a moderator from that other game.
But keep in mind that the purpose of the topic is not for the defamation of EBE, its a topic about every copy of EE.

The only I may ask you is to not insult the player who does not like your game:

CONTENT WARNING: Contain some insults from part of Realmaster42 & Large chat image

If NVD really let you run that game, then do not insult EE moderators or whatever one who does not like EBE.
In the case that you are not Realmaster42, just ignore this comment EELagsToday, its a comment to Realmaster42 and not for you.

#16 2017-05-01 17:46:21

capasha

AnatolyEE wrote:

I am playing this, and?

You could send many players to leave if the staff would do this.

I am terrified what happened here with bots, so I am no longer requesting help, and trying to work there, in my opnion the only problem is the forums. I can leave the game, but sadly i am somehow addcited of the forums. I am unnormal guy.

Nice to hear. I hope you get more help on EBE, it's not a good practice to use a array of words instead of a document. Have fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#17 2017-05-01 18:13:57

Myst

Minisaurus wrote:

EELagsToday,
As my conclusion I can tell you are Realmaster42.
Realmaster42 is aware of this topic and you are the only one that is using all his words in your comments, literally.
Its understandable this topic triggers you because you are a moderator from that other game.
But keep in mind that the purpose of the topic is not for the defamation of EBE, its a topic about every copy of EE.

The only I may ask you is to not insult the player who does not like your game:

If NVD really let you run that game, then do not insult EE moderators or whatever one who does not like EBE.
In the case that you are not Realmaster42, just ignore this comment EELagsToday, its a comment to Realmaster42 and not for you.

and his forum got hacked today, LMAO

#18 2017-05-01 18:17:57

hummerz5

So this in itself is not EE, but I guess you're looking at the effects of it on EE so I suppose it is EE-related.

obligatory: Oh, based on the user's previous actions, I strongly recommend not using this thing.

Explanation: I imagine atilla or capasha or someone would point out if the item was actually phishing, sure, but this individual has breached that trust before, so I personally recommend not trusting this service with important info.

Thanks

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2017-05-01 18:24:55, last edited by drunkbnu (2017-05-01 18:41:03)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

That's why I prefer EE CM, apart from being a developer.

• It was created with a legal permission from Chris Benjaminsen.

• We don't try to steal players from EE.

• We try to add the most possible original content.

• We credit each one for their contributions.

I suck at moderation, but world owners can deal with rule breakers by themselves.

#20 2017-05-01 18:55:15

LukeM
Website

HG wrote:

That's why I prefer EE CM, apart from being a developer.

• It was created with a legal permission from Chris Benjaminsen.

• We don't try to steal players from EE.

• We try to add the most possible original content.

• We credit each one for their contributions.

I suck at moderation, but world owners can deal with rule breakers by themselves.

EE CM is definately the most legit EE remake ive seen, although I still prefer the main version

#21 2017-05-01 18:58:21, last edited by Zumza (2017-05-01 19:00:53)

Zumza

Again this is not a thing that happens to EE alone. It happens to all the games on the internet. What can you do? Ignore it.

Also realmaster might be partially right: EE may encounter problems into proving the proof that they actually own their materials in a court. So a true infringement copyright notice is unlikely.
However, they can secure their rights with the Unity update, UnityEE being a product made by certain identified persons from start to end. Making it open-source might also help in this case, since copying the work of a bigger group is more weighty in a court. Github commit history being quite handy in proving that a lot of people donated their copyrights of their code to EE. Still, making UnityEE might enable such people to copy and edit the game more easily.

But as I said from the start, the number of users of this remake is insignificant compared to EE and thus it's not really a concern.
Tho if a remake is better than the actual game, the original game staff members should clearly reevaluate their product.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#22 2017-05-01 19:27:50

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Faave wrote:

it doesnt have to end with ebe getting more popular than ee, we need to get the administers to shut down that copy #EBEMustDie

for a split second i thought that you are me because of that forum avatar and then im like "wtf i didnt post in this thread" (until now)

does this ee remake earn money?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#23 2017-05-01 20:07:09

Vitalijus
Website

I've never played this before, this remake is fan made and is nonprofit, since you can't buy gems. So it's not stealing money. You might say it's stealing players, but as I saw most of the time this remake is down because it uses free Player.IO plan or has 0 players, the most player this remake had as I saw was ~10 players.

Conclusion - Let kids have fun.

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by: (2)

#24 2017-05-02 14:54:42

Koya
Fabulous Member

Vitalijus wrote:

I've never played this before, this remake is fan made and is nonprofit, since you can't buy gems. So it's not stealing money. You might say it's stealing players, but as I saw most of the time this remake is down because it uses free Player.IO plan or has 0 players, the most player this remake had as I saw was ~10 players.

Conclusion - Let kids have fun.

Just don't use the same login details there as here (or anywhere else), no idea about their security because they made it - it might be stored as plain text.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#25 2017-05-02 15:00:38

xcxyx18

Koya wrote:

Just don't use the same login details there as here (or anywhere else), no idea about their security because they made it - it might be stored as plain text.

That's probably why some of the users these days are getting "hacked"

AAA (...)
jMXDrBJ.png?1 Vcaqrsr.png cjrriEx.png

Wooted by:
LukeM1493832403658349

Board footer