Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-08 22:43:33

Processor

Farewell

Hi,

After 5 years of EE, it's time to move on. I'll be shifting my focus to my studies and other stuff.

The EE community has been steadily getting smaller over the years. Now, it feels small, no, not cozy small, so small that there is barely any room to breathe without being criticized for stealing someone's oxygen. Many feel entitled to power just because they once were mod or once owned the forums and for those of us watching from the outside, its an everlasting pathetic fight. Over what? You guys played EE for so long that you forgot what "having fun" is like. Constructive feedback isn't what you're willing to give and I doubt anything short of an influx of new regular users is able to disentangle the web of tensions between us.

Thanks for all the countless hours of fun I had, I learned lots of things and made some good friends. My English and programming skills have both improved a lot and I owe some of that progress to EE. It's been a long journey for the game and I'm glad I could take part in it. Enjoy your lives.

My bot libraries BotBits and FutureProof will still receive updates until further notice.

Processor

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#2 2017-03-12 18:29:22

imgood9

Re: Farewell

Bye proc i'll miss you

#3 2017-03-12 18:32:07, last edited by mrjawapa (2017-04-05 00:39:56)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I replied to this a few days ago, in a PM to Proc:

First of all, nice subpost.

I think it's funny you blamed a select few for resignation. It's almost like you were trying to hide the fact that you were rarely around.

No one feels entitled to power. However, we are all entitled to our own opinion. And I will gladly voice mine.

What I think you're referring to, when it comes to entitlement, is those who use their ex-titles as a way to add credibility to their statements. They're the only ones who have ever seen how things work on the "inside". Those people are the only ones that can truly tell everyone what goes on behind closed doors. Not even those who're sitting behind the door seem to be able to, at least, not without sugar-coating everything.

Constructive feedback has been given many times. The staff doesn't listen to it. The only thing that seems to grab the attention of those in charge, is to be aggressive. Every time things became heated, changes were  made.

but...
Good luck in your studies and "other stuff", Processor. Pop up and say hi every once in a while.

Discord: jawp#5123

#4 2017-03-12 18:42:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

Finally, he's moving to the US to be with Zoey

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (5)

#5 2017-03-12 19:07:59

LukeM
Website

Thanks for everything you have done for the game

We wish you the best

#6 2017-03-12 19:30:16

XxAtillaxX

minimania wrote:

Finally, he's moving to the US to be with Zoey

I have bad news...

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#7 2017-03-12 19:33:53

Jorc

Good luck for your life, Processor. Or maybe professor of ee? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 2017-03-12 19:41:18

Walruspal

Bye Processor //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#9 2017-03-12 20:43:26

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Bye processor and have a great life, thanks for all the things you have done to help the game!

#10 2017-03-12 20:44:32

Helvi

Hau rein, alter Haudegen //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Hi.

#11 2017-03-23 22:42:21

Latif

Kessiope wrote:

Who next ? Toop ? ...

NOO not TOOP!
He's amazing!

Wooted by:

#12 2017-03-24 13:49:10

TOOP

Kessiope wrote:

Who next ? Toop ? ...

I don't have any intentions of leaving anytime soon, not only do I actually find some enjoyment in EE still, I have a fairly long list of ideas and fixes that I would like to see through. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 2017-03-24 14:19:44

medeia
Banned

Well, bye.

g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif

#14 2017-03-24 16:05:44

Breadfinn

cya

5671.jpg

#15 2017-04-04 21:07:58

Processor

This post was delayed to make sure I wouldn't add to the existing chaos regarding the game's transfer.

MrJaWapa wrote:

First of all, nice subpost.

I think it's funny you blamed a select few for resignation. It's almost like you were trying to hide the fact that you were rarely around.

[...]

Good luck in your studies and "other stuff", Processor. Pop up and say hi every once in a while.

Hi.

I didn't forget about my absence (cf. my first sentence).

My rant about the community turned out to be a prophecy of how the events in the next days played out. For the record, I was not aware of Jesse's, Showpath's and NVD's plans when I quit. Looking back, I'm glad I got out before things got dirty.

It is not my place to talk about the discussion itself, but I can tell you that it was not constructive at all. In other words, nou was kicked out of staff. As far as I know, there had been no prior (constructive) discussion on the topic. To be clear, it happened out of nowhere from nou's perspective. Nou expressed that he was open to the proposed changes in plans, but he was told to leave.

With nou gone, I feel more optimistic about this game's future. However, I doubt that
a) a reboot will be worth it.
b) the new developers will be more experienced than the existing ones.
c) the administration will be professional or friendly to its staff or users.
d) the game's income will be reinvested in the game.

I'll talk about points c and d in detail now:

Several staff positions were promised before the coup happened. You'll know who they are when the new administration decides to announce them, but I'll give you a hint: they have been the loudest voices against the old administration. Talk about good intentions... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

The new administration has voiced its intention to take over the forums. We have all heard about NVD censoring certain posts that he dislikes and who knows what else he will do (unban Dream cough cough) if he were to have access to the forums.

During the time NVD was the owner of the game, he used the game's income for his own personal benefit. I'll ignore the (il)legality of this action, and state this did hurt the game (and staff morale). I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened again.

I'll willingly discuss these points with you, but please don't expect me to tolerate any personal attacks on me or my time as an admin. I quit the administration and will not try to justify anything I/we did in the past. (pls2not whataboutism)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#16 2017-04-04 21:19:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Processor wrote:

The new administration has voiced its intention to take over the forums. We have all heard about NVD censoring certain posts that he dislikes and who knows what else he will do (unban Dream cough cough) if he were to have access to the forums.

If that's true, that's scary. We've had neglectful and careless staff members before but not malicious ones.

(pls2not whataboutism)

You use RationalWiki as a source? O-Oh...

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#17 2017-04-04 21:38:30

Bimps

Processor wrote:

The new administration has voiced its intention to take over the forums.

if this ever happened it would just ensure either a. fail forums return or b. diff moving the forums again.

#18 2017-04-04 22:47:28

Evilbunny

Bimps wrote:
Processor wrote:

if this ever happened it would just ensure either a. fail forums return or b. diff moving the forums again.

or diff would just say no? That is an option right? They can't take over these forums unless diff wants them too.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#19 2017-04-04 22:56:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Evilbunny wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Processor wrote:

or diff would just say no? That is an option right? They can't take over these forums unless diff wants them too.

Well Different doesn't own the sub-domain. Technically they could take the forum website down but I'm not sure if they could "take over" it.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#20 2017-04-04 23:39:05

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:

Well Different doesn't own the sub-domain. Technically they could take the forum website down but I'm not sure if they could "take over" it.

sub-domain and officialness. They could say "nope we have nothing to do with those folk"

Processor wrote:

We have all heard about NVD censoring certain posts that he dislikes and who knows what else he will do (unban Dream cough cough) if he were to have access to the forums

I haven't heard about the former.

#21 2017-04-04 23:45:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
Processor wrote:

We have all heard about NVD censoring certain posts that he dislikes and who knows what else he will do (unban Dream cough cough) if he were to have access to the forums

I haven't heard about the former.

Source

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2017-04-05 10:41:05, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-05 10:41:35)

LukeM
Website

Processor wrote:

With nou gone, I feel more optimistic about this game's future. However, I doubt that
a) a reboot will be worth it.

Which reboot are you talking about, loads of people seem to have opinions about a 'reboot' but everyone seems to be talking about different things...
A few examples:
  Unity
  A rework of the current ways the game works (e.g. the shop)
  Deleting everything and starting again

I think that Unity would be worth it (and am still waiting for the post describing the changes to see if it's going forwards), but don't think a restart would be good and don't think there needs to be any major changes to how the game works

Also, what was Nou actually doing wrong? It seemed to me that he was doing all of the admin side of the game and not much else, which I don't get how it could be bad

Wooted by:

#23 2017-04-05 12:03:02, last edited by Zumza (2017-04-05 12:10:54)

Zumza

I believe that this forum will outlive EE so I'd prefer that EE and EE Forums have different staff.

I wonder how Processor already knows who's going to become staff member. From what I recall Atilla clearly supported NOU's leave and NVD's take back (by him being the author of the topic which aggregated those conflicts) so I'd be surprised if Atilla is not one of the people Processor was talking about.
I can't say that the previous staff composition was bad or not, so neither I can't say if the new staff composition will be better.

Also, @Processor theres no coup without promised position so you kind of made a pleonasm.

---
inb4 NVD bought a pizza too

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#24 2017-04-05 12:10:41

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

It's a mess, and the new administration has said nothing at all about stuff like kira's inconsistent modding. It's like they're ignoring the community entirely.

Does anyone else feel like EE's changes are now cause by people ganging up and putting pressure on others, instead of sitting down and rationally working out the most beneficial solution to their problems?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2017-04-05 12:25:41

Zumza

Tomahawk wrote:

Does anyone else feel like EE's changes are now cause by people ganging up and putting pressure on others, instead of sitting down and rationally working out the most beneficial solution to their problems?

I really don't understand what you're saying.
So by "people ganging up" I think you mean the community and by "others" you mean staff?
Well in that case their pressure is not made because of their desire to make drama, its made just because they care about the future of this game.
Thus "rationally working out the most beneficial solution to their problems" would be to help the game, which I think a part would do if they were able to.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Mieaz1499466617666838

Board footer