Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#451 2017-03-04 20:01:36

Abelysk

Re: Off-Topic chat thread

I spent 8 hours straight from 12 P.M. to 8 P.M. typing an essay. Only half way through.

#452 2017-03-08 17:25:27

Abelysk

Just had an awful phonecall. After seven years of medical training and hard work, my friend has been struck off the register.

He slept with one of his patients and now can no longer work in the profession that he loves. What a waste of time, training and money.

A genuinely nice guy and an otherwise absolutely brilliant vet.

#453 2017-03-08 18:28:09

Different55
Forum Admin

Dang it you had me going there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#454 2017-03-08 18:45:44, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-03-08 18:46:21)

hummerz5

Different55 wrote:

Dang it you had me going there.

ha

also, uh

tales from first year computer science

the teacher allows for partner work on everything... there are literally no due dates

and yet the class average is 72%. How unmotivated or incapable can we be?

edit: and the actual "cap" or highest someone could have in the class is 125% (because bonuses)

#455 2017-03-10 00:59:13

Abelysk

i3CGw60l.jpg

Wooted by:

#456 2017-03-13 02:00:08

Abelysk

Trump as a maths teacher: "I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

#457 2017-03-13 21:02:03

Evilbunny

I think Kefka should have to make his own topic like pingo's image a day topic, except have his just be whatever he posts here.
Stop holding this thread hostage to your jokes.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (3)

#458 2017-03-14 01:19:02, last edited by Abelysk (2017-03-14 01:19:14)

Abelysk

Evilbunny wrote:

I think Kefka should have to make his own topic like pingo's image a day topic, except have his just be whatever he posts here.

What does Hostage have to do with this?

HAHA...

#459 2017-03-14 02:09:35

dcomet

Kefka wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

What does Hostage have to do with this?

HAHA...

Touché

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#460 2017-03-20 02:40:52

Freckleface

I finally beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door after like 10 years. I'm so proud of myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

F

#461 2017-03-20 02:58:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Freckleface wrote:

I finally beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door after like 10 years. I'm so proud of myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

There was a game from my earlier childhood. I beat the Easy mode, and Normal mode a few years later. The final stage was very hard, so I spent loads and loads of time trying to beat it. I don't think I ever got the chance to beat Hard mode after that system finally died... Someday I'm going to have to go back and complete what I once set out to do.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#462 2017-03-20 21:20:11

Pingohits
Banned

Freckleface wrote:

i have it on my emulator, i lost interest right before the final section. also I'm spending more of my time farming coins and trying to finish all the recipes which all need jammin' jelly, and it's around 300 **** coins for each jelly

what was your favorite aspect of the game? mine's probably the fact that you can do anything and talk to anyone. And most of the houses you can enter and look around, which is great.

I thought the star for Poshley Heights was extremely lazy, and i was disappointed by that

791mAP8.png

#463 2017-03-20 21:52:49

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Pingohits wrote:

also I'm spending more of my time farming coins and trying to finish all the recipes which all need jammin' jelly, and it's around 300 **** coins for each jelly

Have you tried talking to the salesman in the middle of Rogueport? He sometimes sells Jammin' Jelly for 180 coins if I recall correctly.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#464 2017-03-20 22:23:44

Freckleface

Pingohits wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

i have it on my emulator, i lost interest right before the final section. also I'm spending more of my time farming coins and trying to finish all the recipes which all need jammin' jelly, and it's around 300 **** coins for each jelly

what was your favorite aspect of the game? mine's probably the fact that you can do anything and talk to anyone. And most of the houses you can enter and look around, which is great.

I thought the star for Poshley Heights was extremely lazy, and i was disappointed by that

Are you using a guide for all the recipes? Because if so, I see no point in doing that. My favorite aspect was probably all of the distinct characters and their movesets. Second would probably be the bosses. Poshley Heights' star was fine for me, the chapter is mostly about the train not the actual destination so I can see why you would be disappointed.

F

Wooted by:

#465 2017-03-20 22:29:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Freckleface wrote:

Are you using a guide for all the recipes? Because if so, I see no point in doing that.

There are at least three recipes requiring Jammin' Jelly—the Jelly Shrooms. There may even be some others I forgot about.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#466 2017-03-20 22:32:15

Pingohits
Banned

Freckleface wrote:

Are you using a guide for all the recipes? Because if so, I see no point in doing that. My favorite aspect was probably all of the distinct characters and their movesets. Second would probably be the bosses. Poshley Heights' star was fine for me, the chapter is mostly about the train not the actual destination so I can see why you would be disappointed.

yeah, i'm a completionist. I did that with Super Paper Mario too, yet I'm still around ~95% finished even with over 4 years of playing, 72 hours of total playtime.

also I like the recipes, I enjoy looking at all the different foods. Not sure why.

For the poshley heights chapter, poshley heights seemed unfinished entirely. It's like they focused on the train and the station, but then left the main attraction a pile of garbage. The only thing worth there are the noodles for the recipe, who the **** gives a flying **** about noodles, they're like 50 coins, what the ****. and why are there penguins, are they hinting that penguins are rich? penguins aren't rich they can't even fly, stupid birds. and what's with the sherlock penguin, you can't solve ****, you can't do ****, you own a museum like you're some big **** guy with a museum, and you think you're all hot **** hiding a star in a painting, shut the **** up you fat lard, jesus christ.

but yeah i didn't like poshley heights that much.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#467 2017-03-20 23:15:33

Freckleface

Now I just gotta wait for this to be finished so that I can play the last Paper Mario game that has an actually good combat system unlike the newer ones *cough*Color Splash and Sticker star and I suppose super paper mario since it didn't really even have one*cough*

F

Wooted by:

#468 2017-03-20 23:57:23

Abelysk

Okami is in my Top 3 favorite video games of all time. Finished it 2 months ago and miss it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#469 2017-03-21 01:32:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Freckleface wrote:

Now I just gotta wait for this to be finished so that I can play the last Paper Mario game that has an actually good combat system unlike the newer ones *cough*Color Splash and Sticker star and I suppose super paper mario since it didn't really even have one*cough*

From what I understand Color Splash improved on lots of the problems the Sticker Star battle system had. It still didn't bring back partners or badges which stinks though.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#470 2017-03-21 03:32:45

Pingohits
Banned

N1KF wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

From what I understand Color Splash improved on lots of the problems the Sticker Star battle system had. It still didn't bring back partners or badges which stinks though.

thank you for sharing new paper mario

also i strongly believe paper mario's authenticity ended right at Super Paper Mario. any games after that does not truly follow paper mario standards. It may look good, but...it's not the same.

Paper Mario was such a favorite of mine because there's things you can do besides the main story. In 1000 year door, there were Troubles, Recipes, and Tattles you could do for 100%. In Super Paper Mario, you had Recipes, Maps, and Cards, all of which were fun to collect on their own. In Sticker Star, there were only stickers. No recipes. In Color Splash, you had battle cards...and nothing else.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#471 2017-03-21 09:37:48

Cola1

N1KF wrote:

At least Sticker Star had some original bosses, I'm so sick of the damn koopalings being shoehorned in everything now instead of anything creative.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#472 2017-03-21 23:06:23, last edited by Freckleface (2017-03-21 23:10:02)

Freckleface

Cola1 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

At least Sticker Star had some original bosses, I'm so sick of the damn koopalings being shoehorned in everything now instead of anything creative.

I don't see how making past bosses in different games shiny and wearing a crown makes them more original than characters like Smorg, Cortez, or Doopliss. Seems to me they just ran out of ideas and sticker-fied popular bosses.
EDIT: wait you are talking about sticker star and color splash, my bad. But my point still stands.

F

Wooted by:

#473 2017-03-22 06:08:29, last edited by Cola1 (2017-03-22 06:14:01)

Cola1

Freckleface wrote:

I don't see how making past bosses in different games shiny and wearing a crown makes them more original than characters like Smorg, Cortez, or Doopliss. Seems to me they just ran out of ideas and sticker-fied popular bosses.
EDIT: wait you are talking about sticker star and color splash, my bad. But my point still stands.

Yeah most of them were just giant shiny enemies and the game overall was eh but I guess I'm biased by the fact that there was a snowman boss and I dunno if that's ever been a thing
(I never played past the desert place because I got bored of it)

Edit: Also I'd rather have various giant shiny enemies over the same thing over and over

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#474 2017-03-29 17:18:04, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-29 17:19:24)

LukeM
Website

Im bored... so I decided to post something here

I recently got a raspberry pi 3, so was looking for a new SD card, and decided to get a big one because why not
I got a 64gb SanDisk ultra card, but previously had a slightly better SanDisk extreme card, so decided to move all my old stuff to the new card, and use the old card for my new Pi

So here I am, the data from the old card has now been copied to my PC, and now im copying it to the new card...
Its taken about two and a half hours so far, and will probably take another half an hour until its finished //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
When its done, ill need to test the new card in the old Pi to see if everything still works, and if it does then reformat the old card, which will probably take another hour or so

This is the disadvantage of getting a big microSD card...

#475 2017-03-29 17:31:35

Different55
Forum Admin

What are you going to use the Pi for?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

N1KF1703547747798269

Board footer