Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-10-17 02:41:39

John

Re: Ban appeal

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, Benje00. lol

PW?scale=2

#27 2016-10-17 04:04:49

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

If I say "fudge you" is it fine?
Or should i just spam "hw9ifdhj293oqhfi u noob!"

#28 2016-10-17 12:19:18

Koya
Fabulous Member

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

If I say "fudge you" is it fine?
Or should i just spam "hw9ifdhj293oqhfi u noob!"

Context is everything, if it sounds hurtful or threatening then it isn't allowed whether you substitute a swear or don't swear at all. If someone watches you then hits a key to make you restart you can say "noob" and nothing else once and it represents your feelings but not in a hurtful way (if someone does hit the key to make you fall is is a newb thing to do and it is accurate that if the person has been playing for a few months and do that they are a noob).

In the same world you cause yourself to fall and restart you can say "fudge" while not being directed at anyone (you can also swear at that point as long as it doesn't bypass the ban filter).

Obviously even if individual acts are fine if you do it many times then it's not ok, don't say fudge of **** every time you fall - just once (and that's not once in every world, if you feel you need to say it more then you may need a more relaxing game: may I suggest Floating Point).

tl;dr "fudge you" is not ok

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#29 2016-10-17 13:21:27

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Tomahawk wrote:

I prefer to shorten f*** to just the first and last letters, as imo it sounds less harsh than using the full word. Maybe you could add a few variations of the common swear words to the list of censored words, so that people can use them without getting pwned for unintentionally evading the censor.

Just gonna repost this because no mods gave their views on censoring the common variations/abbreviations that are more regularly used than the full words.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#30 2016-10-17 13:54:30

Koya
Fabulous Member

Tomahawk wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I prefer to shorten f*** to just the first and last letters, as imo it sounds less harsh than using the full word. Maybe you could add a few variations of the common swear words to the list of censored words, so that people can use them without getting pwned for unintentionally evading the censor.

Just gonna repost this because no mods gave their views on censoring the common variations/abbreviations that are more regularly used than the full words.

**** not f***

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#31 2016-10-17 22:15:23

Xfrogman43

Tomahawk wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Pretty much if you can see any part of the word then it's bannable

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:
Xfrogman431476738923630441

Board footer