Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-18 00:04:27, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-09-18 00:05:13)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

The Moderation of EE Part II

In the past, Master1’s lack of ability to moderate has been called out in this topic.

It has come to my attention that Master1 is quite frankly, an awful mod.

For this topic, all images will be in this post for the sake of clarity. Please refer to the figure numbers.

Please note that all of this took place in a /visfalse world in the last two weeks.

fig 1.

Master1 refuses to do moderation because he believes it doesn’t actually work. Why is he a mod?

fig 2.

When playing EE, he refuses to moderate even if he is there while players are being told to kill themselves.

fig 3.

Here, you can see me being insulted -- “your existence is trash” and “you inbred ****”-- to which Master1 replied, “wtf Ninja” but didn’t even really reprimand Ninja beyond that.

fig 4.

In this chatlog, Master1 practically promotes lewd behavior and doesn’t do anything about it which encourages these types of comments.

fig 5.

Ninja has broken the rules multiple times in the past; this is not even the first time he’s told people to kill themselves. Ninja was banned only 2 days for telling someone to kill themselves. That clearly doesn’t teach Ninja anything because it’s such a short amount of time.

This one’s from August 8th, but still relevant:

figs. 6a and 6b

So here you can see both mods refusing to moderate even completely unacceptable actions, telling people things like this are allowed in “private” worlds, and then joking about sexually explicit worlds being okay.

Thing is, the term “private world” is a misnomer; nothing is private on EE as far as the rules go. It doesn’t matter where an action takes place, if it’s against the rules, it’s against the rules. Just because a world is visfalse doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to follow the rules. The fact that I saw the map means the world wasn’t “private”.

Finally, I have proof that Nou was made aware of the situation multiple times but has neglected to rectify the problem:

Skype conversation

I have several more things that I’ve deemed not relevant enough since they happened a while ago.

The reason for this topic is that on August 25th, Nou warned Master1 that if he made another misstep, he would be demodded.

Despite this warning, Master1 continues to fail to follow and enforce the rules.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#2 2016-09-18 00:12:54

Bobithan

Re: The Moderation of EE Part II

just gonna quote a post that i made in april

I wrote:

[...] The moderation in the game is awful. Sure, you can say to just mute or ignore the people perpetrating these bad vibes, but when whatever popular world at the time is full of R rated banter, even when there’s a moderator in the world, there is a problem.

I don’t play EE much anymore, but as a personal anecdote, when Onjit and I were working on our spring world, it quickly filled up with users who seemed to make it their purpose to make the chat as toxic as possible. Of course we just ended up kicking everybody in the world, but this shouldn’t even be a thing we have to deal with. An atmosphere like this is not welcoming at all. Even if it’s just sarcastic banter between friends, somebody who is completely out of the loop can join that world and find a hellhole of harassment and toxicity and be left with a bad taste in their mouth. It also leads to people not in or comfortable with the “joke” to catch some of the bullying, which is far from okay. This is not what the Everybody Edits community should be known for.. [...]

aka towwl

#3 2016-09-18 00:24:50, last edited by Koya (2016-09-18 00:26:32)

Koya
Fabulous Member

I have seen multiple occasions of people bulling others in the chat while m1 was in the room - I didn't take any screenshots because I stupidly assumed he would take care of it, I would then recognise the bully's name soon after without any sign of punishment.

While the atmosphere around other mods such as benje and koto have been nice, the one around m1 is toxic - I don't stay in the worlds he is in because it is nasty and he interacts but doesn't care.

I know I should have been taking screenshots and reporting but the trust I had in them was too high all along and I was naive.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#4 2016-09-18 00:31:08

hummerz5

Yeah, this looks like master1 isn't running quite right. I should give more reading to the previous M1 thread. I see that NVD posted a response in the topic, but I don't see him actually addressing the problem. Did I miss a post? Further, it seems that we had an ad hominem effect since jawapa was the person to bring it up. Of course everyone throws his opinions to the wind.

If the admins fail to acknowledge calls against a moderator's conduct (regardless as to their decision later), there are deeper problems.

Koya, you address the toxic air. I don't know anything of master1 except that it sounds like he's associating with interesting users, (seriously what even is mirin squad). We can't really judge his moderation based on the company he keeps, but it must be hard to keep an objective head when your friends are the ones often seen breaking the rules.

#5 2016-09-18 00:34:44

Koya
Fabulous Member

hummerz5 wrote:

Koya, you address the toxic air. I don't know anything of master1 except that it sounds like he's associating with interesting users, (seriously what even is mirin squad). We can't really judge his moderation based on the company he keeps, but it must be hard to keep an objective head when your friends are the ones often seen breaking the rules.

Euripides wrote:

One can judge a man by the company he keeps

Yeah, I think he associates with people who are edgy and are rule breakers and doesn't want to seem uncool by punishing them for wrong-doings; gotta use the ban hammer on close friends for legit reasons.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 2016-09-18 00:35:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Koya wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Euripides wrote:

One can judge a man by the company he keeps

Yeah, I think he associates with people who are edgy and are rule breakers and doesn't want to seem uncool by punishing them for wrong-doings; gotta use the ban hammer on close friends for legit reasons.

If I recall correctly, Ninja himself admitted that he tried to get away with as much rule-breaking as he could.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2016-09-18 01:02:04

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

id be curious to see what master1 will say to defend himself and how nou will comment on the situation

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#8 2016-09-18 01:02:33, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-09-18 01:04:04)

hummerz5

maxi123 wrote:

id be curious to see what master1 will say to defend himself and how nou will comment on the situation

I'm curious to see if they even do that, IIRC the last time we did this the two were silent. *rereading*

edit: nope. never a post from an "Admin" or a "Master1" so I guess.

#9 2016-09-18 01:25:15

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

I don't understand how a game with less than 500 people needs so much moderating. Is this to prepare for unity?

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#10 2016-09-18 01:42:47

Kessiope

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

I don't understand how a game with less than 500 people needs so much moderating. Is this to prepare for unity?

Only 500 people ? *laughing*

#11 2016-09-18 01:44:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

so just because the game has "less than 500 people" we have to ditch moderatorship and let it rot in mud?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2016-09-18 01:45:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

He's deliberately wasting his life doing something he doesn't want to do, it seems.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#13 2016-09-18 02:05:55

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Considering that this forum probably has less than a hundred active posters (plus a much slower communication pace) with twice the amount of moderators as the game, I think there's reason for concern.

#14 2016-09-18 02:20:40

Abelysk

Maybe they think you take what they say as a joke?

They werent around anybody when they talked like that. Only the usual squad.

#15 2016-09-18 02:23:10

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

JAWAPA TOLD ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM

MASTER1
You suck at your job... oh wait... you don't even do your job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:

"Do you expect me to be active every second of the day?" - Master1
Well since you offered...
No, that's unreasonable and a bit retarded. The problem is that you are never around. When you happen to be online, you're either AFK or in a private world.

This gif explains everything else:
29801651.gif

"But, MrJaWapa, you got banned for stealin gems! You **** idiot! KYS!"
My actions don't make Master1's actions, or lack of really, acceptable.

ZOEY2070
So, Zoey's actions don't excuse Master1's actions either. But, didn't you call the topics against you spam? Didn't you say everyone was just **** and inciting drama?

"yeah but they were"
lol, okay

I don't disagree with you... I just think the irony is unreal.

At this point, my problem isn't only with Master1, it's with most of the game staff.

- MrJaWapa

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#16 2016-09-18 03:52:32

Schlog

zoey you already got me permabanned isn't that **** enough

#17 2016-09-18 03:56:58

Bobithan

Ninja wrote:

you aren't the problem

aka towwl

#18 2016-09-18 04:05:59

Xfrogman43

Ninja wrote:

No because the moderation of master1 is not going to be fixed cause some guy got banned.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2016-09-18 04:06:43

Schlog

Bobithan wrote:
Ninja wrote:

you aren't the problem

i kinda was half of it though you've gotta admit that

#20 2016-09-18 04:22:38

Bimps

m1 is a **** mod and should be demodded

but he's cool

#21 2016-09-18 04:53:39

Xfrogman43

Bimps wrote:

m1 is a **** mod and should be demodded

but he's cool

He is better off as a standard player where he can act like he does; except with consequences

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#22 2016-09-18 06:30:01

MBlood

"Zioxei was the worst moderator" but he only lasted a few days :^)

Away.

#23 2016-09-18 07:43:21

Master1

Alright I guess it's about time to make a post on this.

I would first like to start off by apologizing for a few things:
-
Fig. 3 Here, you can see me being insulted -- “your existence is trash” and “you inbred ****”-- to which Master1 replied, “wtf Ninja” but didn’t even really reprimand Ninja beyond that.
In this picture, I made an honest mistake. Essentially it was all a misread, mostly caused by N1KF's statement throwing me off. It lead me to think that Ninja had flamed me, which I could really care less about. Had I realized at that time that it was meant for zoey, I would have banned him.

Fig. 4 In this chatlog, Master1 practically promotes lewd behavior and doesn’t do anything about it which encourages these types of comments.
I agree with what was written, and I should have been more careful.

Fig. 6 So here you can see both mods refusing to moderate even completely unacceptable actions, telling people things like this are allowed in “private” worlds, and then joking about sexually explicit worlds being okay.
Once again, I completely agree. Something should have been done about this. At the time when I first learned about it (through a PM from benje00) it seemed that he had already handled it, which is why I simply ignored it. I guess it turns out that nobody was ever punished for it. Again, I will be try and be more careful from now on.

As for the other images, I would just like to explain what exactly was going on in each situation, and why I disagree with them.

Fig. 1 "Master1 refuses to do moderation because he believes it doesn’t actually work. Why is he a mod?"
Going to *try* to keep this one short, basically this was all hugely misunderstood. The chat was taken completely out of context. It looks as if I'm saying moderating as a whole is dumb. This is not what I meant at all. I was basically explaining to N1KF that some people will constantly return on new accounts to break rules again and again, pointing out that it doesn't ALWAYS work, that sometimes you need to ignore players and let them tire themselves out and get bored of whatever it is that they're doing. After all, most people that end up banned are doing it for the attention anyways. So the point I was making basically was - Giving people the attention they crave isn't always the correct solution. (Did not succeed in making that short rip)

Fig 2. When playing EE, he refuses to moderate even if he is there while players are being told to kill themselves.
First off, the picture doesn't really accurately match the text at all. I was actually confused by this one for quite a while - I can however assure you that I do moderate when players are being told to kill themselves, just like any other harassment related issue. I'd also like to take a chance to discuss what was actually shown in the picture here. In my opinion, it makes the most sense to do all of the work at once, either before I come online or after I get off. Yes I will sometimes let little things slide even if I'm present, I will also occasionally miss bigger issues, due to simply getting too involved with playing the game and not really paying attention to chat. If something gets "too" out of hand and I notice it, I will act. Most of the smaller things I find it's best to wait and see if a report is sent, and then deal with it then.

Fig 5. Ninja has broken the rules multiple times in the past; this is not even the first time he’s told people to kill themselves. Ninja was banned only 2 days for telling someone to kill themselves. That clearly doesn’t teach Ninja anything because it’s such a short amount of time.
I Was afk at the time this happened, A ban was issued to ninja after I checked a report on it. Another ban was issued as soon as that one expired (being permanent) No issues here.

Final notes:

Yes, I will agree with you all that I am not a great mod, I'll even go a step further and say that I'm pretty far from it. But as always, nobody is ever perfect. Mistakes are going to be made, and the best we can hope for is to learn from them. I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from this topic, and plan to change my style of moderation accordingly.

I would also like to add that I'm going to attempt to get chatbans added to the game, I feel the small limit on punishment options (really only 1) has heavily influenced how I deal with certain situations. Most of the time I find that a ban is too extreme, while doing nothing isn't quite enough. A chatban could easily be that inbetween punishment that would fix most of my issues.

In closing, if anyone has anything else they'd like to discuss with me, feel free to send me a PM. I'd much rather have several one-on-one PM conversations where I can explain issues in detail, than have unexplained posts sitting here where anyone can read them and just assume one side of the story.

Thanks for taking your time to read/skim through this.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#24 2016-09-18 13:14:34

Prodigy

Master1 wrote:
tl;dr

I like the fact how you use third person :^)

I just like what you said in fig 3

h0qIF0q.png

#25 2016-09-18 13:50:41, last edited by dylantherabbit (2016-09-18 13:52:12)

dylantherabbit

Master1, the other day, went to TRG and randomly posted 'Zoey2070: Why?' I mean that was the first time we've gotten an EE moderator AND an admin (Toop) in one day, but still, that was a bit random Master1. Especially how you leave 3 seconds later.

Also, telling someone to kys is a reason for a permaban? Really? It's just an acronym mostly teenagers throw around. Even if he says 'kill yourself', it's still an acronym mostly teens throw around.

Leader of The Rabbit Squad | Managed to annoy an entire IRC for the lols. They went salty and banned me for a ridiculous time and now they want to ban me from EE itself. Learn to not be so salty peeps //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
The Rabbit Games Progress: 100%
011f32505ac447d098d4d5f1650d620d.png

Zoey20701474423843623981

Board footer