Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-25 19:04:18, last edited by Guest. (2017-08-30 23:23:48)

Guest.

ew old topic

yucko!!

#2 2016-06-25 20:19:01

Prodigy

Re: ew old topic

They seem a bit dank but good overall. Seems like something Toop made long ago.

h0qIF0q.png

#3 2016-06-25 20:43:10

Koya
Fabulous Member

The contrast hurts to look at

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 2016-06-25 21:17:44

Guest.

Koya wrote:

Stop overreacting. There's worse blocks and they're meant to look like that to blend with the water.

Wooted by:

#5 2016-06-25 21:45:00

Kira

Ernesdo wrote:
Koya wrote:

Stop overreacting. There's worse blocks and they're meant to look like that to blend with the water.

He's not overreating, they look bad.

#6 2016-06-25 22:14:23

Guest.

Kira wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
Koya wrote:

He never said they look bad. The contrast can be something to fix.
And besides, I haven't ever seen you make real graphics, so I don't know if you're the one to judge.

#7 2016-06-25 22:22:26

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I like the idea a lot. Kinda reminds me of terraria I guess. I do kind of agree that the contrast looks a bit off; the lights on the block make it kind of washed out and the darks on the bg are kinda eh. they also seem a little bit flat. However, the arches and coral are pretty nice, and I really dig the colors.

Kira wrote:

they look bad

10/10 constructive criticism here

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#8 2016-06-25 23:03:17

Guest.

Koya wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
Kira wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
Koya wrote:

And besides, I haven't ever seen you make real graphics, so I don't know if you're the one to judge.

Ok, I'll say it now if it will help: they look bad.

It's the contrast, look at the other blocks - even with the checkerboard black and white is grouped.

It doesn't really help.

Once again, it can easily be fixed. If you're honestly going to make such a fuss about it, please change it yourself.

#9 2016-06-25 23:09:50

Prodigy

If it can be easily fixed then fix it please. I want to see the difference //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

h0qIF0q.png

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2016-06-25 23:17:49

SmittyW

EE's light source comes from the top-left. Yours is top-right so the blocks should be flipped horizontally. You forgot to apply drop shadow for the solid blocks above the green bg in your ingame image. Add more blocks besides coral that are exclusive to the undersea theme.

I request you drop "Sea" or "Marine" from the pack name. Having both is as redundant as calling it the "Sea Sea Pack"

#11 2016-06-25 23:26:04, last edited by Guest. (2016-06-25 23:28:03)

Guest.

SmittyW wrote:

EE's light source comes from the top-left. Yours is top-right so the blocks should be flipped horizontally. You forgot to apply drop shadow for the solid blocks above the green bg in your ingame image. Add more blocks besides coral that are exclusive to the undersea theme.

I request you drop "Sea" or "Marine" from the pack name. Having both is as redundant as calling it the "Sea Sea Pack"

There are also more blocks being worked on, this is being added on to.

Originally called just Marine, but there's 2 meanings to the name. Also, sea pack sounds odd.

#12 2016-06-25 23:31:58, last edited by Koya (2016-06-26 00:32:44)

Koya
Fabulous Member

Ernesdo wrote:
Koya wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
Kira wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Ok, I'll say it now if it will help: they look bad.

It's the contrast, look at the other blocks - even with the checkerboard black and white is grouped.

It doesn't really help.

Once again, it can easily be fixed. If you're honestly going to make such a fuss about it, please change it yourself.

I was thinking of something like:
rea4t2

It's got sharper edges you like but is balanced.

-

HG isn't talking about me, he's talking about

cOxvglT.png
Also, this is TOOP's underwater/prismarine
v41ym9j.png

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#13 2016-06-26 00:22:56

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

It's a recolor of the gothic pack made by The Toop: Brushfire Graphics

#14 2016-06-26 00:23:47

MartenM
Website

Include the diver smiley and I'm in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#15 2016-06-26 01:23:46, last edited by Guest. (2016-06-26 01:34:53)

Guest.

MartenM wrote:

Include the diver smiley and I'm in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/060_diver

Koya wrote:

I was thinking of something like:
rea4t2

It's got sharper edges you like but is balanced.

That was actually how I planned it! But, I guess it turned into more of a ruins-type pack. This went through a few changes and like I said, I'm working on tweaking it to add shadows, planned blocks, etc. I also hope you know this was more of a test and it shouldn't be taken as seriously as you portray it to be. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Koya wrote:

cOxvglT.png

I had absolutely no references besides some real life photographs while making this pack.
(Also, of course he would know about that because he makes EE reskins. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

Koya wrote:

v41ym9j.png

Once again, no references. But that does look neat. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

-

Eli9iU3.png
Yes Prodigy, woot everything Lord Kira has to say with his totally amazing profile pictures of crippled anime characters and one-look judgement.

Wooted by:

#16 2016-06-26 02:24:42, last edited by Stagecrew (2016-06-26 02:27:01)

Stagecrew

Ernesdo wrote:

Eli9iU3.png
Yes Prodigy, woot everything Lord Kira has to say with his totally amazing profile pictures of crippled anime characters and one-look judgement.

Maybe Prodigy wooted it because he agreed with what he said? If you noticed, he wooted Koya's post as well. Kira said that he agreed with Koya, so of course he would woot Kira's post because he's saying pretty much the same thing. No need to insult two people in one post.

Wooted by: (7)

#17 2016-06-26 03:00:49, last edited by some woman (2016-06-26 03:06:33)

some woman

Ernesdo wrote:

Eli9iU3.png

what happened to that old signature of yours? ">tfw you try to be nice on forums but everyone's a douche to you"?

and yes, the bg does look bad. dark doesn't essentially mean background, needs some contrast removed as well

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#18 2016-06-26 08:14:39

Kirby

Stagecrew wrote:

No need to insult two people in one post.

but two people insulted him in 2 posts?

#19 2016-06-26 08:29:20

Awesomenessgood

too much minecraft infuence 5/10

lunchbox

Wooted by:

#20 2016-06-26 08:34:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

too much contrast on the bg block
What are the corner decorations?

Ernesdo wrote:

coral

WE NEED SOME MEMES ABOUT CORAL
SOME MEMES ABOUT CORAL, CORAL

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#21 2016-06-26 12:40:41

Koya
Fabulous Member

Stagecrew wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Eli9iU3.png

Maybe Prodigy wooted it because he agreed with what he said? If you noticed, he wooted Koya's post as well. Kira said that he agreed with Koya, so of course he would woot Kira's post because he's saying pretty much the same thing. No need to insult two people in one post.

Ernesdo has been spending too much time in the sea, he's so salty.

Ernesdo wrote:
Koya wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/cOxvglT.png

I had absolutely no references besides some real life photographs while making this pack.
(Also, of course he would know about that because he makes EE reskins. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

Koya wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/v41ym9j.png

Once again, no references. But that does look neat. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I don't see the correlation that HG was talking about your work, but in IRC that's what he said;

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2016-06-26 14:14:55

Guest.

some man wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

what happened to that old signature of yours? ">tfw you try to be nice on forums but everyone's a douche to you"?

and yes, the bg does look bad. dark doesn't essentially mean background, needs some contrast removed as well

I'm done being nice if everyone's going to act so hostile like this. If you think you can just insult me like that and let me take it, you're very mistaken.

Have you read the other posts?
I said I was going to make some changes.

Stagecrew wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Stagecrew wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Actually, no. Prodigy is basically Kira's underling and Kira hates me even though we've really never met. Don't just assume these things without confirmation.

Koya wrote:

Ernesdo has been spending too much time in the sea, he's so salty.

get out.

Also, I don't read the title and see "Insult Ernesdo" so if you're here to do that -- Kira -- then get out.
You also aren't helping with saying "ITS BADD!!!1one!!exclimationpoint", that's not constructive criticism at all. So if you're here to do that -- Koya -- then get out. If you want to use real constructive criticism, tell me what can be changed without saying "oMG ITZ SO BAD!! XDD" or change it yourself.
A ton of you are also off topic, so get out as well. Note that this is in Graphics Suggestions, not Spam Suggestions.

#23 2016-06-26 14:36:32

jbbill

okay one thing that disturbs me with this is the brightness of the block. Imo it should be a bit darker and a bit less green(goes for all the blocks btw) also most of the time the see floor is meant to be pitch black as you cant see anything unless in 097_smiley_nightvision.png

MCUtZoK.png
Made by HG //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile(and avatar)

#24 2016-06-26 14:36:36

Kira

Truth hurts, chill man. I just said they were bad because they don't fit EE in any way, The blocks / Background looks pratically the same which can mislead the player, as said previously the contrast is way too high. Try making the block more simple, more EE like.

Wooted by: (4)

#25 2016-06-26 15:40:40, last edited by Guest. (2016-06-26 16:26:48)

Guest.

Kira wrote:

Truth hurts, chill man. I just said they were bad because they don't fit EE in any way, The blocks / Background looks pratically the same which can mislead the player, as said previously the contrast is way too high. Try making the block more simple, more EE like.

supreme overlord and everybody edits sensation kiraninja it's easy to spot a background from a block what are you on about

oh and there goes prodigy again how surprising

Minimania1467421527610849

Board footer