Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-11 02:17:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Why is the "Imgs of chats on ee/forums" topic exempt from the rules?

This topic has plenty of rule-breaking, including swearing, questionable references, and animated explicit content (not joking here). When Processor reminded people that even stuff in spoilers are against the rules, Different55, for some reason, decided to allow exceptions for that one topic. Why is it that rule-breaking is allowed in spoilers in that topic, but not other topics? The rules exist for a reason, and those reasons are not lessened any because they are in that single topic. I cannot think of any good reason why that topic allows rule-breaking.

#2 2016-04-11 02:24:53

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Why is the "Imgs of chats on ee/forums" topic exempt from the rules?

FROM A TOPIC IN A FORUM THAT DOESN'T EXIST................

(March 24)

Different55 wrote:

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 41#p590541
vs
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=31965

mod fight go

my opinion is that we drop the spoiler thing from zoey's modedit and make people censor or just not post their images

Zoey2070 wrote:

The idea was that it would only be allowed for that topic. there's a lot of swearing in Everybody Edits and i believe forcing people to censor their images would make a lot of people unlikely to contribute to the topic.

also it was warning x people & editing y images vs mostly allowing it with certain restrictions so

you could also argue that since people chose to have the word filter off and that since this is the everybody edits official forum that it should be allowed as it is specifically because it is content from ee -- spoilers allow users who don't want to see it to avoid it, much like the word censors in ee itself.

so basically, it was specifically for that topic and only that topic.

tl;dr: so people would contribute and so i didn't have to do a ton of work

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#3 2016-04-11 02:27:11

Bobithan

Since rules on swearing in EE are pretty lax, a lot of chatlogs that come from EE are generally inappropriate, so we'd either kill the topic and forums by banning everybody for posting swears or kill the topic by forcing everybody to censor every log they put there.

We're pretty anti-fun here on these forums, so it doesn't hurt to have just one topic that's a bit of a free-for-all. At least in my opinion.

Also we're lazy

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#4 2016-04-11 02:29:14

Bimps

because the mods dont know how to do their jobs

#5 2016-04-11 03:07:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

The idea was that it would only be allowed for that topic. there's a lot of swearing in Everybody Edits and i believe forcing people to censor their images would make a lot of people unlikely to contribute to the topic.

So, you are willing to put moderation aside so an unofficial topic can be contributed to? Where are your priorities? Also, if people really do want to contribute to the topic, they will censor their images. Even though I am not sure why that should even be considered an issue.

you could also argue that since people chose to have the word filter off and that since this is the everybody edits official forum that it should be allowed as it is specifically because it is content from ee -- spoilers allow users who don't want to see it to avoid it, much like the word censors in ee itself.

While that is better than the first argument, it is still flawed. It breaks this forum rule:

Forum rules wrote:

If something violates the Everybody Edits Terms of Service, it also violates forum rules.

Not everything belongs on the forum. Some things might just be better suited off-site, like that short-lived "EE confessions" thing. The fact that there is such a large gap in what is and what is not allowed (especially when the rules state to "keep it PG-13", made even weirder when there is animated explicit content there) hints that something is not quite right in the moderation here.

#6 2016-04-11 03:09:05

Onjit
Website

OR

you just stop being a baby about swearing and ruining everything

:.|:;

#7 2016-04-11 03:10:39

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:

OR

you just stop being a baby about swearing and ruining everything

I guess youre right, the rules dont matter. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 2016-04-14 16:18:20

Drsonic

Bimps wrote:

I remember when you were a forum mod a long time ago, on EE.Forumify. Nice to see you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

b2172462789991e4d313feb9ed59730f.png

Snap: CrypticPi
Instagram: Noncryptic

#9 2016-04-14 16:37:07

skullz17

Drsonic wrote:
Bimps wrote:

I remember when you were a forum mod a long time ago, on EE.Forumify. Nice to see you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

He was a mod on ee.forumify?? I know he was once a mod on fail, but wtf I had no idea he was mod on ee.forumify too.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171460648227595874

Board footer