Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 2016-03-28 14:27:06

AsurcH

Re: EElections Debate Thread

This is an argument for the inlet mass fractions for the turbine. Of course, any age is suitable, however, some shall be favored over others. What we are actually interested in are the groups that will have high exergy rate. For example, if we take the preteens, they have a lot of energy, and they are willing to use it, thus their high exergy. Now let's have a look at the teenage ages. Yes, they have high energy, but they are not really willing to use it, thus they result in a very low exergy. Now let's get older a little bit more, the university age, or maybe an M.S. In this case, they will have significantly lower energy than the other two groups, however they will be willingly adapt themselves to such commitation under the name of "hobbies". This will result them a greater exergy flow rate than the teens. Any higher age will result in a sufficiently low energy, thus really inconsiderable costwise.

For the above stated reason, we suggest campaigning the game over the preteens and the university students. However notice that their states, especially pressure will be different. This means that we can't mix them well in a mixture chamber, we must use a closed feedwater heater. This means that our interactions with them will be different, and they need to stay somewhat in different context while interacting with each other. We by no means imply a segregation over the groups, however the situation requires us that different groups have to be dealt differently, for the utmost EEficiency.

- The Ideal Rankine Cycle

#152 2016-03-29 15:23:27

Bobithan

Alright, onto the next question.

As president, what actions will you take to improve the longevity of the game?

aka towwl

#153 2016-03-29 17:58:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bobithan wrote:

Since this game is almost entirely user-generated content, I would add interesting new blocks to encourage players to create more variety of world types to keep people interested. Command blocks come to mind, as they could make us rethink how worlds are created with their ability to modify worlds without the owner. Additionally, I would try to make it easier to make "systems" in levels.

I would also bring back the "featured" tab, which updates weekly to encourage players to create levels more actively. I would also give some gems to anybody who gets featured. Also more new campaigns, of course.

#154 2016-03-29 20:42:05

Bimps

did you make this question literally just so i couldnt participate?

Wooted by: (3)

#155 2016-03-29 20:56:17

Bimps

DUE TO JAWAPA'S RECENT BANNING, I SHALL BE POSTING FOR HIM UNTIL HE IS UNBANNED. PLEASE NOTE THAT NONE OF THE OPINIONS OF JAWAPA ARE REFLECTED BY THE DEATH PARTY UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE

The numbers of players is really the only factor in how long EE will be around.

Advertisement would be key in growing the community. If you can get the player count back up, EE will be around for a lot longer. You have to get the word out to people that EE exists. Put something on social media once a day, it'll help.

Of course, once you get the players here, you need to keep engaging them with content so they won't leave. Weekly updates probably wouldn't be the best. We've down that road before, and we see what was produced. Instead, bi-weekly, or tri-weekly updates. Give some new feature, blocks, smileys, something. Not every update has to be this huge pile of changes. Those updates take forever to complete, and people lose interest by the time it's released.

#156 2016-03-30 17:11:08

Zumza

Bobithan wrote:

My actions? Always keep speaking what are community's problems. And taking good decisions with the parliament.
There is always room for improving. And I wish to improve everything but without damaging the core of this game!

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#157 2016-03-30 18:29:49

Luka504

I would say advertizing. We need more people so the game keeps running for years.
Social sites and popular game sites (kongregate) are great since there are a lot of gamers in both.
Then keep things new and fresh. Make small content updates every few weeks or so and listen to what the people want.
Make posts vague when making new updates. If people know what the new magic smiley is, people will be like: K
But if you dont reveal it, people will most likely get encouraged to get them and find out what the new smiley is.
Then special days. We want people to stay in EE and join the special days like Christmas since the new update is something people have wanted since who knows when.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#158 2016-03-30 19:22:10

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

Teach the new generations how to make entertaining and good levels. If the people like the content which is being generated by the user base they will stay. Currently, the same levels are constantly being created and played, first time it may be fun, second time might be okay, but third time is already repetitive and boring, we need to promote creativity and make sure they have fun while creating these levels.

Regarding updates, the current updates are perfect, quality over quantity gentlemen.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#159 2016-03-31 04:45:29

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Bobithan wrote:

As not-President, I will improve the longevity of Everybody Edits with a three-pronged approach that will both energize the playerbase in the short term and increase interest in the game in the long term.

The first prong of this approach is to completely revamp the rules.  The only rules we need in place are as follows

• Do not repeatedly harass other players

• No hacking (except for bots that function no differently than users

• No bypassing bans with alternate accounts

• Do not abuse the report system

With only these four simple rules, the fun of gameplay and chat is increased and the game can offer a less sanitized experience for older players, enticing them to stick around.  Censors will still be optional for the younger crowd.

The second change will be a revamped gameplay experience.  By removing campaigns (see below for my proposal), we can help to return Everybody Edits to the freeform game it began and grew popular as.

Proposal on campaigns

The third part of this approach is scheduled content updates.  When the administrators announce that content updates will occur every month, or two months, or whatever time frame they determine appropriate, they will experience a re-energized userbase that gets to anticipate content coming out, know exactly when it will, and be able to speculate on the forums or in-game, increasing their sense of community.  Bug fixes should still be pushed out as soon as completed.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#160 2016-03-31 05:57:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

The first prong of this approach is to completely revamp the rules.  The only rules we need in place are as follows

• Do not repeatedly harass other players

• No hacking (except for bots that function no differently than users

• No bypassing bans with alternate accounts

• Do not abuse the report system

With only these four simple rules, the fun of gameplay and chat is increased and the game can offer a less sanitized experience for older players, enticing them to stick around.  Censors will still be optional for the younger crowd.

While I like simple rule lists, I think that that is not quite enough to cover all categories. What about explicit content, nudity, extreme violence, etc.? If you create a world with it, there is no way with the current system to consistently keep them "censored". Considering the Helvi controversy, I would expect something similar to happen again in the future, especially due to the attempt at growing the player base.

Wooted by:

#161 2016-03-31 06:08:45

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

N1KF wrote:

While I like simple rule lists, I think that that is not quite enough to cover all categories. What about explicit content, nudity, extreme violence, etc.? If you create a world with it, there is no way with the current system to consistently keep them "censored". Considering the Helvi controversy, I would expect something similar to happen again in the future, especially due to the attempt at growing the player base.

I don't believe that these things should be censored.  While a very small minority of users may object to seeing nudity and the like, the majority are either mature enough to handle these things or smart enough to leave the world when they see something they don't want to see.  I don't believe that editing rights should be curtailed because a certain arrangement of blocks may cause offense to someone.  Anyone with unfettered Internet access is most likely at a point in their lives where they can choose what they want to see and avoid what they don't.  I would support a "Mature" tag that world creators and staff could apply to worlds to forewarn users, but I would not support making it mandatory.

As a small aside, where do the qualifications of explicit content begin and end?  If the same minority that can't handle seeing a breast or a "bad word" object to stairs levels, will they be banned?  I know I'm taking the argument down a slippery slope, but what is offensive and what is not is already a contentious subject that is hard to get a majority to agree upon.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#162 2016-03-31 14:15:08

Yandax

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I don't believe that these things should be censored.  While a very small minority of users may object to seeing nudity and the like, the majority are either mature enough to handle these things or smart enough to leave the world when they see something they don't want to see.  I don't believe that editing rights should be curtailed because a certain arrangement of blocks may cause offense to someone.  Anyone with unfettered Internet access is most likely at a point in their lives where they can choose what they want to see and avoid what they don't.  I would support a "Mature" tag that world creators and staff could apply to worlds to forewarn users, but I would not support making it mandatory.

As a small aside, where do the qualifications of explicit content begin and end?  If the same minority that can't handle seeing a breast or a "bad word" object to stairs levels, will they be banned?  I know I'm taking the argument down a slippery slope, but what is offensive and what is not is already a contentious subject that is hard to get a majority to agree upon.

This is a good idea, but it wouldn't work. Nobody would read the tags, plus it would bend and change the rules of content.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#163 2016-04-03 22:11:40, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-03 22:12:22)

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, On Longevity

Bobithan wrote:

As I said in my original statement addressing the issues, EE is as much of a social game as it is a platformer. In order to improve the longevity of the game, we must work toward improving the game mechanics, as well as the community itself. If we promote values which allow trolls, hackers, and evil doers to run free, we are intoxicating the community. Instead, we need to fight against those who would wish to do evil. We must promote values of kindness, love, and peace.

When we ourselves are being kind, it will inspire others to be kind and stick around in our community. If one is satisfied with the community they mayhaps would even go so far as to try to encourage others to join as well. We must remember that what we take from the game is a subjective experience, and there is no one right way to play it. So instead of condoning those who would wish to play differently from you, learn to find your own enjoyable experiences.

On a more technical note, I would also encourage the current staff and administration to branch out. We are small as independent community, but if we are to migrate to other websites and software, such as steam, we can allow for a broader potential playerbase.

I would also suggest the introduction of EE merchandise. A little shameless self promotion never hurt anyone.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#164 2016-04-06 03:45:23, last edited by Bobithan (2016-04-06 03:47:05)

Bobithan

reminder: only the 5 remaining candidates may post in this thread

EDIT: you may ask the candidates questions in the main thread over in game discussion

aka towwl

#165 2016-04-06 20:54:27

Pingohits
Banned

hello ask me questions thanks

791mAP8.png

#166 2016-04-07 12:00:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'm a debate mod now.

Do you have a plan to stop/slow the rapidly increasing inflation of the Everistan Dollar?

Discord: jawp#5123

#167 2016-04-07 13:25:28

Bobithan

Sure whatever. Approved

aka towwl

Bobithan1460031928594115

Board footer