Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-03 23:39:07

CREASTEDFACE
Website

Loss of players?

So I had went offline for a few months past and just now returned. I went back to kong and went online but I see a player total below 200. Back then I remember seeing 300 players, most commonly above 200. Is ee going someday? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"Parcour is chicken" - Creastedface        ..... and no im not Crashedface for those people who just.... period.

#2 2016-04-03 23:58:46

Xfrogman43

Re: Loss of players?

Every game will die eventually

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#3 2016-04-04 00:06:05

Abelysk

My guess is people thought ee got hacked on april 1st so they decided to give it a break? idk

#4 2016-04-04 00:27:02

Prodigy

Do you ever get bored of playing the same game over and over for a certain time?

h0qIF0q.png

#5 2016-04-04 00:35:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Prodigy wrote:

Do you ever get bored of playing the same game over and over for a certain time?

No.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-04-04 01:42:45

zioxei

Prodigy wrote:

That's the reason I was gone for a year.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#7 2016-04-04 01:58:24

nlmdejonge

CREASTEDFACE wrote:

Back then I remember seeing 300 players, most commonly above 200. Is ee going someday? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Some of it may be related to this vicious circle:

Qc6kf3n.png
(image mirror)

An external factor needs to break this cycle.

One solution is to access new markets and pour enough new players into the game (e.g. with a Unity port).

Another is to give players incentive to create good rooms (e.g. the Spring contest with prizes).

The Daily Challenges party also aims to break this cycle.

I also think that the number of Steam users has increased substantially since EE first appeared.
There's so much to try out there for gamers, and during sales everything is so cheap...
A lot of PC gamers probably don't even look outside of Steam, GOL and Humble Bundle for games.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2016-04-04 03:31:44

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Prodigy wrote:

After a solid five years, I think its safe to say (for me at least) that the answer is a solid no

Wooted by:

#9 2016-04-04 07:04:34

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Pyromaniac wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

After a solid five years, I think its safe to say (for me at least) that the answer is a solid no

I would most defiantly agree with you on that. 5 years and proud

Wooted by:

#10 2016-04-04 11:14:31

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Timezones.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2016-04-04 11:24:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

personally I think that if EE got a bit of advertisement to a decent amount of people then we should have an increase in players, but the problem is I doubt that EE has enough money to afford advertisement. 1 thing I would see is having EE on steam is definitely a step in the right direction.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2016-04-04 22:35:57, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2016-04-04 22:36:12)

Xfrogman43

maxi123 wrote:

Timezones.

I was up til 9AM one day, central time, and there was barely anybody on from like 3-4am to 9am

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#13 2016-04-04 23:03:11

Dazz

The game is half dead, most of the users including part of the staff are denying it but 150-200 users are not 2000 as before at almost any timezone! Despite great updates and awesome staff, EE have seen better days and us too regarding this matter.

Wooted by:

#14 2016-04-04 23:17:39

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Dazz wrote:

The game is half dead, most of the users including part of the staff are denying it but 150-200 users are not 2000 as before at almost any timezone!

How can something be half-dead?

#15 2016-04-04 23:33:05, last edited by Napakeun (2016-04-04 23:52:22)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

So what we currently have a small community, that doesn't mean the game is (half)dead.
But hopefully unity update will bring more players. And ee needs to be better advertised yes. And staff, make a new promo video already!!

Edit:
I know staff must be real busy with everything, but if you are reading this, think about releasing a new promo video with an unity update. It would be a fresh new start for EE so it would be good to have an updated promo video as well, bcuz it's about time and this is the perfect opportunity!

Wooted by: (5)

#16 2016-04-04 23:43:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Napakeun wrote:

And make a new promo video already!!

YES I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2016-04-05 00:06:41

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Devlin wrote:

personally I think that if EE got a bit of advertisement to a decent amount of people then we should have an increase in players, but the problem is I doubt that EE has enough money to afford advertisement. 1 thing I would see is having EE on steam is definitely a step in the right direction.

This. There used to be versions of the game on multiple sites, if I'm remember correctly. The game and community is certainly addictive, so keeping people isn't the problem. Its appealing to new players.

If the staff just figured out how to get someone to be in charge of EE's internet presence, we'd be set. But like Devlin said, $$ is an issue probably

Also I definitely thought you said **** video, not promo.

#18 2016-04-05 08:24:10

Nou

Ill give you a little insight into our plans.

Once the move to unity is complete we will put the game on steam as you already know.
What you don't know is that we do indeed intend on advertising (made possible by your in game purchases) as well as reaching out to old players. We will do this by using the mailing list people signed up for to receive the postman smiley (and other news that was never there), good for approximately 130000 old players.

We've been very busy with other things lately, like personal life and my university job in my own case, but we're picking things up again and we're slowly starting up again (hence the recent updates).

We absolutely realize the game needs more players to turn the negative cycle from nlmdejonge's post into a positive one where more players make more worlds for more players to play and make more worlds. We want the game to go back to the old player count as much as you guys do, and we'll do our best to achieve this.

No u.

#19 2016-04-05 09:38:08, last edited by WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM (2016-04-05 09:39:49)

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Nou wrote:

Once the move to unity is complete we will put the game on steam as you already know.
What you don't know is that we do indeed intend on advertising (made possible by your in game purchases) as well as reaching out to old players. We will do this by using the mailing list people signed up for to receive the postman smiley (and other news that was never there), good for approximately 130000 old players.

We've been very busy with other things lately, like personal life and my university job in my own case, but we're picking things up again and we're slowly starting up again (hence the recent updates).

We absolutely realize the game needs more players to turn the negative cycle from nlmdejonge's post into a positive one where more players make more worlds for more players to play and make more worlds. We want the game to go back to the old player count as much as you guys do, and we'll do our best to achieve this.

So your saying that there is not enough staff to control and update this game? The thing that makes people leave is the long updates that don't have much content. We need to get more staff to do graphics because people are complaining about how blocks and smileys look.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#20 2016-04-05 14:33:05

zioxei

Nou wrote:

i cri

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks that there will be even too many players after getting ee onto Steam? Too many smileys in one place can be annoying and my biggest fear is that there will be more cheaters hacking edit and world options.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#21 2016-04-05 14:40:24

Gosha

zioxei wrote:

my biggest fear is that there will be more cheaters hacking edit and world options.

Why are you searching for bad things?

More cool worlds! More Cool people! More Online! More Fun!

Wooted by:

#22 2016-04-05 18:08:29

skullz17

zioxei wrote:
Nou wrote:

i cri

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks that there will be even too many players after getting ee onto Steam? Too many smileys in one place can be annoying and my biggest fear is that there will be more cheaters hacking edit and world options.

I don't think we'll get too many players because of Steam. I think we'd be lucky to get player counts back to what they used to be a few years ago, which was not too much. Most Steam users won't know that EE exists, it will just be silently added.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#23 2016-04-05 19:25:09

Bimps

Nou wrote:

k so
unity: yay, it may reduce lag, flash sucks so yay unity 100% wew. also html5 which like a lot of people dont know that is also happening. but unity wont fix everything like a lot of people think so sadface

steam: i really dont think ee will get greenlit. even if it does, how the hel would that help players counts? im assuming it is gonna be ftp, any other option is suicide, but no one is just gonna go "hey i want a sandbox game with smileys in it and 300 players max at any time." no. people dont do that. what? no. get out. steam wont help. pls.

advertising: how are you gonna advertise? i really want to know. i dont understand how you could advertise this game. "NEW (not really) FREE SANDBOX GAME: EVERYBODY EDITS NOW!!!" srs what

mailing: ok what. this is the stupidest thing ever. first of all, itll probably go to their spam. secondly, they left the game for a reason, they most likely werent forced to stop playing. and thirdly of all, many people dont use the emails they signed up to the game with. especially if they quit.

EE IS DEAD
KILL IT ALREADY
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bimps1459880709593745

Board footer