Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-03-25 21:05:57

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: The 2016 EElections! (VOTE NOW!!!)

Kira wrote:

شاري راشد العفاسي رحمن عربي روسي
كلمات : عجلان ثابت
أداء وألحان : مشاري راشد العفاسي

Afasy Rehman Arabic Rossi
Keywords: Ajlan fixed
Performance and music: Afasy

Pretty creative tbh. 10/10.

As for your policies... they don't exist. You're going to give everyone free gems and crush the economy.  It'll be just like the ruling of MrShoe, dark, cold, and lifeless.

Do not let history repeat!

Vote for JaWapa!
Vote for UBED!

Discord: jawp#5123

#102 2016-03-25 21:09:06, last edited by Kira (2016-03-25 21:09:27)

Kira

JaWapa wrote:
Kira wrote:

شاري راشد العفاسي رحمن عربي روسي
كلمات : عجلان ثابت
أداء وألحان : مشاري راشد العفاسي

Afasy Rehman Arabic Rossi
Keywords: Ajlan fixed
Performance and music: Afasy

Pretty creative tbh. 10/10.

As for your policies... they don't exist. You're going to give everyone free gems and crush the economy.  It'll be just like the ruling of MrShoe, dark, cold, and lifeless.

Do not let history repeat!

Vote for JaWapa!
Vote for UBED!

Thanks for doing some advertising

#103 2016-03-25 21:26:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ZCU0wtRc.png

#104 2016-03-25 21:35:57

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

IHoaIJWC.png

#105 2016-03-25 21:46:11

Bobithan

@kira what is ur party name

aka towwl

#106 2016-03-25 21:47:47

Kira

Bobithan wrote:

@kira what is ur party name

Big Brothers

#107 2016-03-25 21:51:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

JaWapa wrote:

IHoaIJWC.png

How was this research done? Did you discuss this without an economic professional first?

#108 2016-03-25 21:57:41, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-03-25 21:59:31)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:

How was this research done? Did you discuss this without an economic professional first?

I worked as a moderator for a few years, so I had access to the tax records.
Me and my staff have worked out the numbers for my tax plan, which I believe you have read.

You can read about it here:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 82#p590882

APPMMygM.png

#109 2016-03-25 22:00:18

Creature

JaWapa wrote:

- Not corrupt like the noubs and benjaminsons.

Says the person who were caught illegally selling gems.

This is a false statement.

#110 2016-03-25 22:01:38

Bobithan

Creature wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

please keep personal attacks to a minimum [...] thanks

aka towwl

#111 2016-03-25 22:56:13

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

4bb940e58c.png

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL MESSAGE

1. Should name changes cost money?

Yes, you should think about the name you're going to use when you register and not simply use the first name which comes to your mind. Name changes, if they are here to stay, should be a one-time purchasable. Also, I'd like to point out that staff is deleting some inactive accounts that could become active again in any moment just so a few privileged players can use these names.

2. Should people be banned for trolling?

Absolutely not, trolling has been a tradition since the first day we stepped on this land, and it shall continue being this way. They are now giving the newcomers, who are not used to our culture, all kind of tools to stop this tradition, this is an attempt to destroy our culture and we shouldn't be allowing this anymore. When they troll your boss to code, they're telling you that what you made is poor and you need to improve yourself, we troll to make people stronger.

3. Should in-game moderators be appointed by the community?

No, this would clearly be a popularity contest and put someone in power who has no idea of moderation.

4. Are there too many staff members?

Yes, there's quite a few useless staff members right now.

5. Should chat cost money again?

Yes, some people shouldn't simply be allowed to talk. Our lord, Benjaminsen, made the chat worth one cent because of parents requests.

6. Are bots a valuable addition to the game?

Depends, some bots are like a plague which needs to be annihilated, but some bots are actually beneficial to the community and do not harm.

7. Should staff be kick-able from worlds when off-duty?

Yes, staff members are like any of us and if the world owner doesn't like their behavior they should be kick-able and reported to their superiors.

8. Should EE focus on its role as a platforming game?

Yes.

9. Should the shop be more easily accessible to new players with discounts and bonuses?

They should have the same discounts we had, such as Black Friday, Christmas, and so on and so forth. With the recent update allowing infinite use of most action blocks, there is no need to further weaken the shop's prices to allow faster purchase of new items. What is available in the shop is not immediately necessary for users to have, and as such, users should be introduced to what's available in the shop over time at their own discretion of what to unlock next. The shop offers extra content, and newer players are not entitled to even easier access to the extra content than the many who have spent years building their collection from the shop. The shop is fine as it is today.

10. Should exclusive smileys be made available again through new opportunities?

No! These players worked really hard to obtain these smileys and shouldn't be given to other players. It just wouldn't be fair, five years ago we had around two thousand people online all day and thus there was more competition, so it was really hard to win. But now, we barely reach two hundred players online, the competition would be minuscle. Making these smileys avaible again would be highly disrespectful. Over the years these smileys have grown in status as being "special" and as such should not have their value diminished just so some greedy players can expand their undeserved collection.

11. Should staff be more seriously reprimanded for giving away free items at no personal expense?

Players with connections should not be given advantage over those who do not know the staff. The staff exists to keep the game in check, not to give handouts. Staff members who have a history of giving away free items at no personal cost should be demoted instantly.

12. Should the rules be made more lenient than they are today?

For years Everybody Edits has had very lenient in game moderation with no major detriment to the game as a whole. Even with small amounts of moderation regarding misbehaving players, the community and overall behavior was fine. There is no reason for this sudden change in how stringent the rules ought to be, and should be reverted back to how they were before: just what was necessary to keep the peace. Controlled chaos is always fun.

13. Should updates focus more on tweaks and fixes or new content?

Updates should have a focus on tweaking the game to peak performance, above all else. Much has already been done for the game, at this point adding more gimmicks for users to play with is just clutter for the shop and users’ inventories. Filling updates to the brim with brand new features should not be a priority for those working on the game. Users must understand that it is not essential for a game to constantly have new content coming out of the floodgates, and it is perfectly fine for the developing team to dedicate a large portion of their time to community management and bug fixes and tweaks.

14. Should more easy difficulty campaigns be introduced to the campaign roster to balance game difficulty?

Even though I'm against the idea of "campaigns", most substantial worlds that have been released in EE’s lifespan are of medium to hard difficulty and there is nothing wrong with the campaigns available reflecting that demographic of worlds available. If anything it benefits the newer community as it introduces newer players to what kind of incredible worlds people have made years before, and hopefully inspire themselves to make worlds of similar caliber.

15. Regarding gender diversity and neutrality, are the smileys fine as they are now?

There is no reason to redact any more smileys than were already altered/removed in 2015. The girl smileys today are fine, any attempt to change the distribution of “male” and “female” smileys in the game would be innately sexist and lead to further complications regarding smileys available in the game. Additionally, there is already a generally even distribution between obviously “male” smileys and obviously “female” smileys, outside of the gender neutral smileys, so why is there even a problem? You just want to whine because of the sake of it.

16. Should bugs in the physics engine be fixed, even if it breaks some mini-games?

If something is not broke, it shouldn’t be fixed. This especially applies to the in-game physics, as it will often break worlds that players have poured hours of effort into. Unless it is totally game breaking, minor bugs regarding the physics should be left as is, as those bugs often have many minor and typically unseen effects on how the physics of the game plays out.

17. Should more tools be added to the game to mitigate trolling?

No, in fact, remove the tools that have been added. Check my stances on banning for trolling.

18. Should world text be made available to everybody, rather than just staff?

No, the text block can incredibly reduce the performance of the game, since it's a string and it stores lots and lots of bytes which need to be rendered all the time, unlike signs.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

Ben

#112 2016-03-25 23:08:02

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

*** IMPORTANT ***

I made an unofficial voting poll.  Just so everyone can see where they are standing.

Please, do not tamper with the votes.

Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/7184382

#113 2016-03-25 23:38:41

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Bobithan wrote:
Creature wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

please keep personal attacks to a minimum [...] thanks

Ok but someone had to point it out, right?

#114 2016-03-25 23:52:53

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

PLEASE VOTE IN THIS UNOFFICIAL POLL

http://strawpoll.me/7184382/

Please do not tamper with the voting numbers. Thanks.

#115 2016-03-26 00:32:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

N1KF wrote:

Should the rules be made more lenient than they are today?
No. Considering how lenient some members of the staff are, making the rules more lenient would just make the situation worse.

I thought I would clarify on what I meant by this. It is not so much that I think the law should be less lenient, rather, it is that I thought the enforcement of them. Either the law should be followed and enforced, or it should not exist at all. Certain government members have even broken the law in the past, simply giving excuses and being like "you care too much" when I point this out. As for the laws themselves, I think they are fine the way they are.

#116 2016-03-26 00:47:59

nlmdejonge

Hey folks, as founder of the indEEpendent party "Daily Challenges" I will outline below a principal objective and further reasoning that together make up our party's manifesto; its platform for the 2016 EElections.

Principal Objective
==================
EE currently uses Flash. Flash is dying. EE needs to move to a modern cross-platform game engine. An engine that allows for both playing on the web and stand-alone (desktop, mobile). As most of you know, the game is already being ported to - or rather, rebuild with - the game engine Unity. This will also take care of lag and it will make it easier to open the game up to new markets, such as Steam, and thus to get more players. Getting the game to use Unity is the principal objective. Almost everything else is less important. The staff/developers need to choose how they spend their time (= money) and energy. Whenever they can, they should ignore the current Flash version of the game. This is possible if things are 'good enough'. Only if things are not 'good enough' should they temporarily set aside the aforementioned principal objective.

Are Things 'Good Enough'?
==================
This is subjective, but generally speaking: yes, they are. This is why our party will answer almost all questions or suggestions related to future updates or changes with: "It's currently good enough, don't touch it." There's one exception though, which I'll write about in the next section ("Daily Challenges"). The shop is currently good enough, don't touch it. The physics are currently good enough, don't touch it. The current tools to mitigate trolling are good enough, don't though them. And so on, you get the picture.

Daily Challenges
==================
There's just one thing that is currently not 'good enough'. EE thrives if good levels are in the lobby. If there are no good levels, players leave and visit less. Not just that. Level creators also leave and create less if good levels they put a lot of work into barely get played. In other words: a) players need to see good levels, and b) creators of good levels need to see their worlds being played. Currently, when it comes to both a) and b), the situation is not 'good enough'. The Rooms board of this forum allows creators to announce levels, but only players who read that board see announcements. The Featured tab in-game only lists levels with at least one player in them, and it shows the same worlds over and over.

Our "Daily Challenges" party proposes the introduction of daily challenges. Every day a different level gets featured for an entire day. The featured level gets a top spot, even if no players are in it: it's above all tabs (or at the top of almost all tabs), with a clearly distinct background color. The staff/developers do not pick these levels, the community does. The staff/developers need to pick two or three player-volunteers who will listen to and discuss with other players which level will be picked for the next day. All the staff/developers need to deliver is the code that introduces these daily challenges and keeps track of how many such challenges each player has finished. If this gets implemented, everything really is 'good enough' and the staff/developers can basically work on getting the game to use Unity full-time. And for however long they want.

What we want is players to return daily. Return, return, return, every day. We want authors of good levels to see that their levels get the attention they deserve. One full day, a top spot. Even if using energy was ever a good incentive for players to return daily, for many players it no longer is. The featured level will have an icon; when clicked it will explain to players how/where they can submit their levels as candidates to be featured. Every day, the player-volunteers will open a new forum thread to discuss and pick with other players the level for the next day. This is also the place where players will submit their levels as candidates.

Closing Remarks
==================
Almost all of the "Issues" (questions) and "list of opinions" mentioned by Bobithan in the first post of this thread are details that will sort themselves out over time. I don't see any real problems there. Either these things are already good enough, which means they should not be touched, or solutions are already in the works. As a candidate for Not-Presidency I'm more interested in and concerned about the bigger picture.

Daily Challenges!

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#117 2016-03-26 00:57:10

Onjit
Website

I HEREBY DECLARE THAT ALL OF ME OPPONENTS ARE INDEED, ****
APART FROM NLMDEJONGE HE'S OK

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#118 2016-03-26 00:58:34

nlmdejonge

Onjit wrote:
I HEREBY DECLARE THAT ALL OF ME OPPONENTS ARE INDEED, ****
APART FROM NLMDEJONGE HE'S OK

I approve this message.

#119 2016-03-26 01:01:05

Bimps

nlm... how is this not just an idea? you didnt even state your stance on the issues proposed in the op

#120 2016-03-26 01:07:10

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Yeah, nlm, you definitely just provided suggestions for the game.

plz 2 lern 2 rule pley.

#121 2016-03-26 01:07:28

Bobithan

Bimps wrote:

you didnt even state your stance on the issues proposed in the op

that is not required

also the general is going to be 5 people. 1 noub, 1 benjaminson, 2 indeependants, and then the next best person who didn't make it (could be any of the 3 parties). didn't expect so many people to sign up so i'm making that change now.

thank u

aka towwl

Wooted by: (2)

#122 2016-03-26 01:07:56

Bimps

Bobithan wrote:
Bimps wrote:

you didnt even state your stance on the issues proposed in the op

that is not required

also the general is going to be 5 people. 1 noub, 1 benjaminson, 2 indeependants, and then the next best person who didn't make it (could be any of the 3 parties). didn't expect so many people to sign up so i'm making that change now.

thank u

ik i was just suggesting

Wooted by:

#123 2016-03-26 01:09:04

nlmdejonge

Bimps wrote:

nlm... how is this not just an idea? you didnt even state your stance on the issues proposed in the op

We're a single-issue party. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Bobithan's list of questions was just "for inspiration [...stuff] that you can think about".
Besides, isn't this how politics works; you just shout one thing over and over.
Like: "Less taxes!"

#124 2016-03-26 01:11:08

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:

Bobithan's list of questions was just "for inspiration [...stuff] that you can think about".
Besides, isn't this how politics works; you just shout one thing over and over.
Like: "Less taxes!"

Yeah, but if you're going to do that then you have to contend with me... and I'll mop the floor with you... you scrub.

There are several issues to address, you can't just tackle one. They all need to be dealt with.

#125 2016-03-26 01:13:55, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-03-26 01:16:42)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mt5MCjtm.png

UBED holds 3 of the top 6 positions so far.  Independents hold 4 out of the 6.

EDIT: Kira actually has one vote. He's a sore loser, and thinks it's hilarious to try and out do me...so he cheated. His votes came in last, so creature is actually 6th, and kira is 7th.

Minimania1460415284595140

Board footer